• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 25
This thread will include screenshots of Wc3:WoW; keep in mind that some screenshots may be out-dated or incomplete.

Feel free to post feedback regarding the screenshots or terrain in general here: compliments, complaints, suggestions, etc.

Attachments

• Kalimdor_Loadingscreen.jpg
    Kalimdor_Loadingscreen.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 9,441
  • Lordaeron_Loadingscreen.jpg
    Lordaeron_Loadingscreen.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 12,141
  • TaurenHDRBLOOM.jpg
    TaurenHDRBLOOM.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 13,513
  • HDRBLOOM2.jpg
    HDRBLOOM2.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 9,020
  • HDRBLOOM1.jpg
    HDRBLOOM1.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 8,936
  • HDRBLOOM.jpg
    HDRBLOOM.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 9,598
  • Stormwind1.jpg
    Stormwind1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 4,916
  • Stormwind2.jpg
    Stormwind2.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 6,719
  • Stormwind_Entry.JPG
    Stormwind_Entry.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 5,877
  • OrgWIP1.JPG
    OrgWIP1.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 3,185
  • OrgWIP2.JPG
    OrgWIP2.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 5,030
  • Org_In-Game1.JPG
    Org_In-Game1.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 11,917
  • OrgArea.1.JPG
    OrgArea.1.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 3,935
  • Orgrimmar_Bank.JPG
    Orgrimmar_Bank.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 4,208
  • VoT1.JPG
    VoT1.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 2,584
  • VoT2.JPG
    VoT2.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 2,638
  • VoT4.JPG
    VoT4.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 2,560
  • VoT5.JPG
    VoT5.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 2,319
  • VoT3.JPG
    VoT3.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 2,320
  • VoT1ingame.JPG
    VoT1ingame.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 2,821
  • VoT2ingame.JPG
    VoT2ingame.JPG
    436.1 KB · Views: 7,311
  • Mulgore_SS1.jpg
    Mulgore_SS1.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 4,262
Level 25
Death: Of course I'm proud of them, any graphical improvements to WarCraft III is A-Okay with me! Though it doesn't always look wonderful, it can make other parts of the game look really great.

thedeathhunterxx: A guy sent me four files in a zip War3ENB and I put the files my WarCraft III directory (i.e. "C:\Program Files\WarCraft III\") and now when I play WarCraft III, I can toggle HDR and Bloom on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing F12. It's awesome! It's a completely optional 'tool' and it is not 'for Wc3:WoW', it's for WarCraft III in general, as well as any other games that use DirectX 8 or 9.

Level 4
I need someone to make me more tiles. It's just me, Shamanyouranus, and Yixx officially right now.

I am sorry but if someone can HELP me with it then i can help you.

P.S i don wanna brag but still i have made games with a program called game maker 7 and people says that i am a good sprite'r:grin:

Level 25
Still a work-in-progress, but trust me, I'm making the hills and whatnot as close to the height and size they are in World of Warcraft. Looks empty mainly due to the poor tile variation (don't have many tiles for any zones to begin with) and I haven't placed any mobs yet.

Mulgore looks rather good, but I realized some imperfections in the screenshots. I haven't finished accurately recreating each hill, each patch of trees, or even that big Tauren wall in Red Cloud Mesa... working on it though. Also trying to place the appropriate mobs in their respectful areas as they are in WoW.

Not really doing much with Stormwind right now. Horde is coming first. Trying to get Mulgore and Orgrimmar done as soon as I can, but it's a tough and tedious task. I kind of put Durotar on hold for now while I focus on those areas.

Other things such as Arathi Highlands, Ragefire Chasm, Arenas, Elwyn Forest, Ashenvale, and Thousand Needles are the lowest priority zones on the to do list for 2.0. Not confirming that Ashenvale and Thousand Needles will be in 2.0 though.

Level 8
Really nice screenies.
I love Stormwind, it looks very real...

Nice job, go on with it! ;)

Level 6
Can you show us some of the pictures from the wc3:WoWs website's gallery? I know that many of the pictures there are outdated, but at least show us the ones from Darnasuss, Ashenvale, Teldrassil, etc.

Level 25
I appreciate that we still hold quite a bit of hype for this mod. If you haven't already read it in the Wc3:WoW Discussion thread, Yixx has told me that the campaign will be ready for me to terrain once again within days, meaning, it will be compatible with WarCraft III's 1.24 patch. Hooray!

Level 4
Death: A guy sent me four files in a zip War3ENB and I put the files my WarCraft III directory (i.e. "C:\Program Files\WarCraft III\") and now when I play WarCraft III, I can toggle HDR and Bloom on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing F12. It's awesome! It's a completely optional 'tool' and it is not 'for Wc3:WoW', it's for WarCraft III in general, as well as any other games that use DirectX 8 or 9.

Is there any chance that you can send me these files? :D

Edit: Well I got them off your site, looks very nice! But I will say, I think your settings look much nicer then mine. Any chance you can give me the numbers you chose for f1-f6? Meh, im still learning it so I'm not realy sure how to edit it xD, but assuming i do the numbers are valuable to me otherwise.

Last edited:
Level 25
I used the default values. Haven't even tried editing them yet. I was just told by the guy who gave me them that you're able to modify it, and suggests I should reduce the values a bit since they are pretty intense sometimes when left at their default values.

Level 1
I don't really like the screens, not enough tile variation (sorry, its NO tile variation), for beeing seperate maps it could be 100x the current quality, sry

Level 8
It is alright everyone he has red rep nobody listen to him... Just kidding =)

Well that is why I never liked the Horde everything in the Org area is the same, Desert and a main road. They did it pretty damn near perfect (Should check out the old OLD screen shots they were beautiful but then again it was most likely because it was Alliance)

Basically if he changed the Tiles it would be to something that looks worse than it, if I'm not mistaken this has come up and he said that these are the best tiles (Could be my mind making things up not 100%)

But in all seriousness get a trial of WoW and go to the places and you'd know.

Just wait until Tanaris is complete rofl... Now THAT place is just disgustingly ugly.

Level 25
There is tile variation and I'd rather not terrain at all than work on terrains that use "no" tile variation. Durotar and Orgrimmar use three tiles primarily. The tiles blend a bit much, and I just realized that Durotar's tile in World of Warcraft isn't as cracked as it is in our Durotar. But I'll have to make due with what I have, unless you want to make a new tile for me. I am trying to recreate a terrain as much as I can and this is just about the best I can do with what I got... oh and it's not complete yet, if you read.

PS: Sorry if I sound aggressive. Really sick this weekend and it's practically killing me! :sad:

Level 2
if u want screenshots, then dont wait to long.
With next addon the completly world of wow is redone. dont know if you could travel through old world then

Edit: Is it just me or kills this forum little words like "the" or "for" ??

Level 25
Not quite started on the inventory yet, but Yixx is making great progress on the character creation interface. Looks and works way more better than it did before. Previously you would just type: "Horde", "Orc", and then "OK" to start the game as an Orc... no class, gender, or anything else. But now we're working on allowing the player to choose their team, race, gender, and class all in the same area very easily, while looking awesome and like World of Warcraft's character creation screen.

Level 25
Expect some new Durotar WIP screenshots soon!

[EDIT]

New work-in-progress terrain screenshots! I realized I created a giant gap in Valley of Trials between where you start, to the exit of the enclosed-by-mountains area. Will try to shorten it by copy and pasting the terrain, or if that doesn't work, I'll just have to reterrain half of the map... ugh. But here's what I've done today! Also provided a comparison of WoW's valley of trials gap compared to mine. With scale taken into consideration, mine is HUGE compared to theirs.

PS: Like my pet's name? :grin:

Attachments

• VotWIP01a.jpg
    VotWIP01a.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 340
  • VotWIP02a.jpg
    VotWIP02a.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 409
  • GapReference.jpg
    GapReference.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 340
  • GapReference2.jpg
    GapReference2.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Level 25
Thunder Bluff currently looks like this:
http://war3wow.webs.com/Thunder Bluff01.JPG

http://war3wow.webs.com/Thunder Bluff02.JPG

It's about as tall as it can get, but mainly what's wrong with it is that it's backwards and reversed, so I'm guessing whoever terrained Thunder Bluff looked at a bad map. What I will be doing once I finish with Mulgore, Durotar, and Orgrimmar, is probably redo the entire thing, make each plateau larger than they are now, and overall just make it as accurate as I possibly can, as usual. However, no idea how we'll do the whole spiral staircase in the center of the city. As for the elevators, that can be done easily by just setting the height of a unit to X over Y seconds, making them levitate slowly and as if they were on an elevator. Would just need a doodad to float up at the same time and speed too to make it look good.

Level 6
i know perfectly what this thing needs...WOW RIPS!(i got alot of em)

Unless you want the Wc3:WoW forum to be taken down, Craka and his staff looked down upon, and people saying that this is not really Craka's project for the reason that they used WoW rips. Not to mention that is is illegal.

I dare you to upload your WoW rips to hiveworkshop. Lets see what happens.

Really, before you say what you think, think.

Level 25
Do not ask why we cannot use them when Oohforf has already listed enough reasons. Why aren't we using them? Because I created a poll that determines whether we use WoW exports or not and the poll was majorly in favor of NOT using them. Therefore, Wc3:WoW does not need any exported models or skins. The only things exported from World of Warcraft that we need is sounds and music. Something I can't really get access to anymore.