• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots/upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
To sort of expand on this:

Gaias has been in development for years and we are finally getting to the 'end game' content with the next version of gaias introducing us to our very first lvl 50 world bosses (and D4 to follow). Essentially from this point on in Gaias we should expect to fight harder, more complex bosses and we as players will essentially stop getting stronger, with the exception of some better gear here and there or situational gears. The remainder of gaias will be less about what your irrelevant level is and will focus more so on skill.

Tl;dr Even though lvl 50 is max level the "real" game is just starting :D

Level 7
I'd still like a masterpoint system or something. Its not needed in this upcoming version, but in later versions it could be useful. Its sole purpose would be to differentiate the different levels of level 50 gear we'll end up getting. Since snowlands drops all level 50 gear, and D4 will drop all level 50 gear, using a masterpoint system is useful for differentiating the two and giving them different requirements, without actually leveling our characters up and gaining benefits and stat gains from actual levels. It'd also be helpful for giving an approximate estimation to the difficulty of mobs. An MP10 mob would clearly be more difficult than a level 50 mob, and more difficult than an MP6 mob for example :p.

It also allows for a feeling of progression for the players so they have something to be doing and gaining outside of simple gear upgrades. I know the magic cave sort of does this, but thats just contained content and we'll have to restart at level 1 everytime we re-enter the cave so its not quite the same sort of progression :p.

Level 2
Actually put level cap 60 but making leveling from 50-60 a 10% harder then to 50, coz get 50 in gaias is pretty easy, is like i start playing from beginning and after 16h of game (it is include grind for gear) ive got like 42 and 75% of gear, so what about do somethin like in wow, where after level 60 the exp that u need is like twice bigger then before :D Then when someone finally reach 60 will get respect :D that is just my opinion ;p

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'd still like a masterpoint system or something. Its not needed in this upcoming version, but in later versions it could be useful. Its sole purpose would be to differentiate the different levels of level 50 gear we'll end up getting. Since snowlands drops all level 50 gear, and D4 will drop all level 50 gear, using a masterpoint system is useful for differentiating the two and giving them different requirements, without actually leveling our characters up and gaining benefits and stat gains from actual levels. It'd also be helpful for giving an approximate estimation to the difficulty of mobs. An MP10 mob would clearly be more difficult than a level 50 mob, and more difficult than an MP6 mob for example :p.

It also allows for a feeling of progression for the players so they have something to be doing and gaining outside of simple gear upgrades. I know the magic cave sort of does this, but thats just contained content and we'll have to restart at level 1 everytime we re-enter the cave so its not quite the same sort of progression :p.
A progression system for post-50 content is difficult to make for the simple fact that the current save/load mechanic doesn't allow too much freedom to create something cool (remember the shard system discussion? Same problem).

Currently, the only plans for endlevel progression are upgradable items and a stronger focus on crafting, with most gear drops in endgame content being upgradable. The talent system and the new ability system that is to be released also allow for extra stuff to be added post-50.

But here's the thing: if Blizzard decides to give us new cool features within the 1.27 updates, like a multiplayer gamecache in the style of SC2 banks, I would actually have the tools to create something like this.
Until then, I think we will just have to wait until blizzard makes up their mind on what to do with WC3.

Oh, just a small status update for those following the threads:
I actually have some time to code today and hope to finish the mount system and maybe another of the new skills today.
I also have school holidays over the next week (finally, reaping the benefits of changing my job to be a teacher), in which I should have a lot of freetime on my hands aswell.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Zwieb don't count on Blizzard. We have no idea what they are going to do. If they'll add these nice features that's great, but let's not hold our breath until we know for certain.

On another note: Beta release soon? :-D I'm eager to try out the new ability system and mounts :)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
On another note: Beta release soon? :-D I'm eager to try out the new ability system and mounts :)
I don't know really, depends a lot on how long it takes to fix all the bugs that accumulated over the last months. Also, some of the new abilities are pretty complicated to implement (but it's worth it, as some of them are very cool).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Let's Zeppelin!

Attachments

• Dun Haldran.jpg
    Dun Haldran.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.