• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Sclammerz's Campaign: Legacy of Gilneas

Rate this campaign project.

• [color=green]Great[/color]

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • [color=yellow]Good[/color]

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • [color=red]Bad[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I haven't played the map but I can see the tremendous work has been done in this campaign, especially going solo. Congratulations on the project release!

Although it's been way overdue to the point where I should do a custom campaign or two...

Level 11
Great campaign. I liked the terrain, the plot, all the new skins, but I have a few complaints to make:
First, the grammar. There are some grammar mistakes the editor has made.
Second, the difficulty level of the campaign. I've been playing the campaign until chapter 5: Rescue Assault and it's too damn hard! I have only succeeded in completing the last 2 chapters thanks to "whosyourdaddy" cheat.

- In chapter 4, Part 1: The Death Trap, there isn't enough time to complete the whole chapter, since there are too many enemies. And if you do any riddle wrong, Doom attacks you and even more troops dies. Despite using a Load/Save method to pass the riddles without facing Doom, I still didn't have enough time to pass the chapter. Also, that boss fight at the end of chapter takes too long to beat, since he is too tanky. And there is one more interesting thing: after I beat the boss in the last 10 seconds, time ran out in cinematic, so instead of being the end of chapter, I had to load the last save game and continue from there! Sclammerz, you should definitely fix this. Maybe time for completing the chapter should be like 15 minutes at least.

- Now, in chapter 4, Part 2: The Serpent's Chamber, the difficulty is pretty high. I mean, there are 3 Naga bases and both were attacking me, while the support base, led by Lady Sereia, is mostly supporting my base instead of attacking Naga. I managed to defend the base most of the time and after I kill all the Naga attackers, Sereia's support units still come to aid me, even though there's no point of helping me when the attacking Naga is dealt with. Of course, the enemy attacks are very often and the AI is just spamming with waves of attacks, it's almost impossible to gather the army, upgrade them and destroy the attacking Naga. By the way, Naga's Green base is just huge! I could take it down, but those two spamming Yellow Naga attacking forces are just too annoying to deal with, especially because their heroes and units spawns too quickly.

- Finally, the fifth chapter: Rescue Assault. This chapter is just impossible to pass. The attacking Naga, Blood Elf and Orc units are just too overwhelming and overpowered. While I try to hold one wave of the Orcs to the west, there goes the second wave of joined Naga and Blood Elves to the east, which easly destroyed my defences. Not even the support from Lady Sereia could hold them back! This is the chapter I didn't manage to complete, since all the enemy forces has heroes (Orc base even have two heroes) and are spamming too much with their constant attacks.

In conclusion, the campaign is very good. It has good plot, new units, a few skins for existing units, but the biggest problem with the campaign is DIFFICULTY. Sclammerz, you should have made balance with the difficulty and made a campaign a bit more easier, since it's too hard to pass chapters. I have to admit, the campaign offers a great challenge to me and to every Warcraft player, but it's just too much. I haven't passed further chapters, but I will and I will give a feadback about them when I finish them. Sorry for a long text, though. It was just my opinion about the campaign. :)

Last edited:
Level 11
I'll definitely try to reduce the difficulty on the next update. Thank you.

Anyway are you playing the one in this thread or the one in the map section?

In the map section. I'm stucked in fifth chapter: Rescue Assault, where Akama needs to find and support general Tiras'alan.

Level 11
Ok, I've managed to complete chapter five and only because Fel Orcs haven't been attacking the western side of my base. The Fel Orcs located to the west (led by Rundal Hellfury) didn't attack my base at all. They remained idle all the time, while Kar'gath's forces were attacking Lady Sereia and I've been defending eastern side of my base from the attacking Naga and the Blood Elves. After Lady Sereia repelled the oncoming waves of Kar'gath's attacks, they attacked the idle Hellfury's Fel Orcs and, with my help, got it destroyed.
So, Schlammerz, if you aren't able to fix this bug, maybe you should consider putting some "Natural Hostile" units instead of Hellfury's base. Since there aren't any creeps on the map, there should be some tanking hostile creeps or heavy spellcasters. Also, it's too hard to hold on against 3 attacking enemies at the same time (eastern and western side of the player's base). It's just my feedback about the chapter, though. :D

Level 11
Cowards,to you all everything is very hard, stop crying on difficulty ,there are far much hard campaign than this one.
After my perspective nothing is impossible.

I don't really care about your opinion. You can call me coward or whatever you like, I don't care. I just think campaign is too hard in a few cases, but for pros (like you, as you say) it's not impossible to complete.
Anyway, I have managed to complete chapter 6 and 7 and I've got to say these chapters are OK. I really enjoyed myself playing as modified Night Elves again :D
The last chapter, where you finally have to kill Illidan, is made just like the last chapter in tomorider's campaign - Curse of the Forsaken. Only instead of Lich King (Arthas) it's Illidan. I liked it how Sylwanas's and Maiev's personalities are similar, since they both hunger for vengeance on their sworn enemies throughout the entire Warcraft 3.
Good job, Schlammerz! Your campaign rocks! :)

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't really care about your opinion. You can call me coward or whatever you like, I don't care. I just think campaign is too hard in a few cases, but for pros (like you, as you say) it's not impossible to complete.
Anyway, I have managed to complete chapter 6 and 7 and I've got to say these chapters are OK. I really enjoyed myself playing as modified Night Elves again :D
The last chapter, where you finally have to kill Illidan, is made just like the last chapter in tomorider's campaign - Curse of the Forsaken. Only instead of Lich King (Arthas) it's Illidan. I liked it how Sylwanas's and Maiev's personalities are similar, since they both hunger for vengeance on their sworn enemies throughout the entire Warcraft 3.
Good job, Schlammerz! Your campaign rocks! :)
When i sayd coward and i did not meant that you are a coward or not i meant that i just dont see the reason making the campaign much easier than is now.
For example in chapter 4 A Maiev only need to reach safety in time , why need to explore all are for what is not enough the revenant and some enforcement to get out and the riddle are not so difficult to resolve them you just need a little imagination about all things. So i am really sorry if you feel a little anger because of what i sayd about you (nothing personall).
Everyone like this campaign but i will say 2 facts i like more and 1 i dont like.
What i dislike more is : a character named Maiev and why? the reason is because she only speak about her vengeance against Illidan even at Shattrath she frustrated the Draenei with her goal and she doesnt cared about others .
What is more frustrated is that in chapter Defense of Shatrath Maiev stand no chance against Illidan in encounter. this is anoying.

What i like 2 things from chapaign:
1.Khargath Bladefist because from 8 maps he appears in 3 of them and he is always in the run to cath those who are running from them,is like Illidan would tell him :Kargath you stay behind our enemyes and kill those who tire from running .He is like a female lyon who is loocking for the weakest from a group of antelopes and catches the one who remain behind them, and this is awesome i like it.
2.The fact that you always hade an ally team to play and that make the campaign much funny and admirable.than the battle is open on all sides ,everyone can attack everyone and and by doing this if your base is attacked while you attack others your ally will not let your base fall they will defendit for you and you can just simply stay in offensive and destroy the base you just attacking,you can help each other always.
Now this are the reason i really like playing this campaign despite Mayev vengeance.

This is my oppinnion guys and i would gladly see it your oppinion,thanks.

Level 1
Doesn't look like I'll be finishing this campaign. Wanna know why? It's too damn difficult, that's why. Not everybody possesses the litany of high end RTS skills that you need for this. I'm all for a challenge but the difficulty slope became a wall way too fast. It's a shame too. This had so many good things, like the sha'tar faction and the draenei, and Maiev's own units. Sure, I could "git gud" but I got a better idea, spare myself the frustration and play some other campaign made by someone who understands that not everybody is as skilled as the mapmaker and hence develops for people of various levels of skill rather than just their own, like you so clearly did.
Maybe I'll come back to this someday, but for now, do you wanna know how to get people like me to play the entirety of your campaign? Alright, make a hard and normal difficulty, keep it as it is for hard, and tone it down on normal. Give players a little more time to remake units and defenses between attacks, maybe make enemy attacks a bit smaller, you know, things that makes it more manageable.

Level 5
Doesn't look like I'll be finishing this campaign. Wanna know why? It's too damn difficult, that's why. Not everybody possesses the litany of high end RTS skills that you need for this. I'm all for a challenge but the difficulty slope became a wall way too fast. It's a shame too. This had so many good things, like the sha'tar faction and the draenei, and Maiev's own units. Sure, I could "git gud" but I got a better idea, spare myself the frustration and play some other campaign made by someone who understands that not everybody is as skilled as the mapmaker and hence develops for people of various levels of skill rather than just their own, like you so clearly did.
Maybe I'll come back to this someday, but for now, do you wanna know how to get people like me to play the entirety of your campaign? Alright, make a hard and normal difficulty, keep it as it is for hard, and tone it down on normal. Give players a little more time to remake units and defenses between attacks, maybe make enemy attacks a bit smaller, you know, things that makes it more manageable.
i totally agree i am a regular war3 player but this campaign at some point it is just a torture,i drop it in the mission you have to defend the city from illidan's army, it is just discouraging

Level 23

I am truly sorry for that and I'm glad you still played it somehow but as much as I like to update this, my time wouldn't allow me so. Some are good with the current difficulty and the others don't perhaps it would be better to have the player choose his/her own difficulty to play, like you suggested but that requires a lot more work, to be honest I'm lazy to do such change but perhaps this time I can consider it.

i totally agree i am a regular war3 player but this campaign at some point it is just a torture,i drop it in the mission you have to defend the city from illidan's army, it is just discouraging

I see. Let me see what I can do later on.

Level 23
Hello. Hope you are all well.

So I just want to keep my progress tracked through this thread and I've been in Warcraft 3 mood and made heavy progress in this update.

Talking about the update, 2.0 will bring 2 new maps and 1 submap. Some maps are heavily revamped, most notably Chapter 4 and 5. The story also received some rework and as well as for the spells, custom units and much more.

Hopefully, I can finish this in reasonable time (the last update of the campaign came from 3 years ago, lulz)

I hope that means that Sclammerz is preparing something new for us! :grin:

Not entirely new though. Hehe

Level 23
Just a random screenshot for the chapter I'm currently working on.

TheMatron.png

Hi! That's good news! Keep it up man! :infl_thumbs_up:

Thank you.

Level 13
Suggestion, if possible keep both factions playable. Having both (custom) Night Elves and Broken as playable was a really cool thing.

Level 16
Only finale left to go! Quick question: Is it possible for you to release altered melee map where all factions from SoH are playable? There is this hidden wish to play as Illidan's Naga and Illidari hha

Level 23
Status
Not open for further replies.