• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

School Haircut Policy: Unnecessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
And then you get the Catholic monsters that say because they're gay they are no longer human and shouldn't have any rights!

But some people like a Catholic school just because its somewhat of a safer environment, even for gays. Hell, there are all sorts of reasons. I go to a Catholic high school because it's three times the size of the nearest public high school. I get better education, but I have to put up with Christian BS.

Also, we have hundreds of muslims in our Catholic school. It's kinda funny, because every student is forced to get 1 religion credit a year for grades 9-11, before they can take philosophy instead for grade 12. So, because they obviously are practicing a different faith, they get to to sit at the back of the class and do nothing.

Level 34
Well, seeing as that's a fundamental violation of human rights, it shouldn't matter how the school is being run.
It also violates Religious Freedom. As well, why can't the school tell the kid that he can't go to the dance? I've known lots of kids that were banned from school dances because of their previous actions.

Level 40
It also violates Religious Freedom. As well, why can't the school tell the kid that he can't go to the dance? I've known lots of kids that were banned from school dances because of their previous actions.
Your rights are forfeit if allowing you to practice them infringes on the rights of others. That's pretty much the fundamental basis of our society.

Level 11
But some people like a Catholic school just because its somewhat of a safer environment, even for gays. Hell, there are all sorts of reasons. I go to a Catholic high school because it's three times the size of the nearest public high school. I get better education, but I have to put up with Christian BS.

Wow, other way around here. About (lets say) 6000+ (full time) students
in my public school... and 200 in the Catholic high school. Also the education is the same. (I know gays and lesbians and they seem not to be bothered by the public school,)

EDIT: or those bi-s

Level 27
Not being discriminated against due to various basic principles is.
It is my right to discriminate. If I run a private school I can stop you from going to a dance if I want. Your right is to choose which school you go to. Not even your choice entirely, as the school has a right to reject you as well.

My school, my rules. Government school, government rules.

Level 34
It is my right to discriminate. If I run a private school I can stop you from going to a dance if I want. Your right is to choose which school you go to. Not even your choice entirely, as the school has a right to reject you as well.

My school, my rules. Government school, government rules.
Obviously to an extent (ie. you couldn't sacrifice kids in the name of education), but a dance would definitely fall under your right to run the school your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.