• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some paper for school...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I did this for a practice exam kinda thing in english class. It's not really much...
The prompt was "describe your school". Aside from my excess negativity I actually got a 7a (highest mark) for it.

Pardon the squished wall of text, it looks much better in a word document ;)

A day at school…

It was one of those days where the sky is gray but it’s really bright outside, so maybe more like white sky. It’s on a day like this where you wake up and, for a split second, get the illusion that it might actually be sunny. Regardless, any hopes of a bright and happy day were instantly crushed when the fog of sleep cleared from my mind and it dawned on me that it was Friday… and I hadn’t done my Spanish homework. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t mind if I’d woken up and realized I had forgotten my English homework or my Maths. This was different.
Anyways, I couldn’t be troubled with thoughts like that right then. My parents were both going berserk and shouting at what seemed like regular twenty-second intervals exactly what time it is. I mean, how am I supposed to shower, get dressed and pack my school stuff in twenty seconds? I had realized by now that responding with one of the following; “I’m coming,” “one second,” or the least successful “leave me alone” (which just added “don’t talk to me like that young man” to the endless onslaught of comments) just provoked them to reduce the twenty-second intervals to ten.
I quickly brushed my teeth and tied my noose… I mean, tie, and stumbled down the stairs. I don’t even have time for breakfast in the morning, so I just grabbed the bacon sandwich my mom had prepared for me and stepped out the door into the cold, fresh morning air. Another freezing cold day, it’s April for heaven’s sake. By the time I made it to the car, my parents had driven out of the driveway and onto the side of the road as if that would save those crucial few seconds that defined whether or not I was going to be late to school.
The moment I stepped into the car, my mom stomped on the gas, and I eagerly began my breakfast. From time to time my parents would try to make conversation about school, homework or what’s playing on the radio, and I tried to respond although I was obviously more interested in my bacon sandwich than their comments. I knew that once I had finished it, I would have no choice but to join in and defend my favorite radio show from my parents’ constant criticisms. It’s always “disgusting” this and “those young idiots, back when I was a kid, radio hosts would never say” that. It’s just another day in the life of a commuter, you get used to it.
Alas, after the hour-and-a-half long ride, I finally arrived at the prison in which I would spend the remainder of my day, until I had fulfilled my seven-hour daily sentence. This was, of course, assuming I got past the death row that was Spanish class. How I yearned every Friday morning for us to be stopped by a policeman or caught in heavy traffic, just for fifty minutes. Not like it hasn’t happened before, but chances are I’ll end up coming into Spanish half an hour late and have to deal with that. Not too pleasant, if you ask me.
I walked tiredly across the road to the double-doored entrance of the school, cleverly avoiding my intrepid English teacher and her daily comments on how I should smile on my way to my execution. If I could roll my eyes on paper, I would definitely do so right now, but I have no time because it’s twenty to nine and Spanish class is beginning! I raced down the hall to the dreaded room 301 and stopped a moment to compare myself to a lemming, eagerly running to his own death, but quickly erased the thoughts and continued running. I dodged past the P.E. teacher’s jail keeper alter ego and arrived just in the nick of time to stand and catch my breath at the end of the line of other lemmings.
“Entre, chicos, por favor,” her voice sounded particularly devilish today, as if she had a new devious and cruel way to torture us today. “Sentaos y abrid sus Listos a la pagina dieciocho.”
“Si, senorita,” responded the chorus of dull voices from my classmates. I chose to stay silent, and I cleverly placed my book between her eyesight and my head, so I could rest it on the table for a little while.
I put down my book, and all of a sudden things started changing around me. The walls melted, and I found myself sitting on top of a rocky spire towering hundreds of feet above a crowd of screaming figures. I could pick out several with horns, maybe one or two on fire, and most disturbing of all, was my Spanish teacher, sitting on a throne right across from me, dressed in armor with an evil-looking sword in her hands and a black sombrero on her head. To my right was a giant floating platform that somewhat resembled a fighting ring, and to my left was what looked like a giant totem pole, only my eleven classmates were chained tightly to it, still sitting at their desks, furiously copying out of a book I had never seen before.
As if to answer my thoughts, the teacher spoke in a slow, eerie voice, “Ah, my new… invention, the Listos 200! And with it I have created seventy new tenses and nine hundred new irregular verbs, each with their own endings for each tense. Not only that, but I have tasked your… friends… with each creating a three-hour powerpoint presentation using at least twenty of these tenses, and they aren’t even allowed one card! It’s genius.”
I just stared back at her in awe. But before I could open my mouth to ask if I should do mine for Monday, she asked exactly the question I had been dreading. “So, where is the homework I gave you?”
“W-what homework… m-miss?” I stammered stupidly.
“Why, don’t you remember? I told you to complete all exercises on pages 81 through 801 in your blue-and-white Listos book,” she replied coldly.
“Um… I… uh…” I stuttered, and finally mustered up enough courage to spit out the word “forgot”.
“You… forgot? You FORGOT?!” Now she was really getting angry. Her face turned red and her eyes burned with rage, and it was almost as if she was growing… claws!
“Yes miss…” I was now curled up into a ball, perched precariously on top of my spire. It was all I could do not to look down, or more importantly at her, and I glanced over at the arena. What if I have to fight her? Will I end up like my classmates, forever copying grammar out of the Listos 200? But then, I had a plan.
Just in time, before she whipped out her menacing sabre to give me an after-life detention, I took a leap of faith from my spire onto the arena ring, where I immediately grabbed a bloodstained guillotine paper cutter, that the Teacher had obviously misunderstood the proper use of, to deflect her next blow.
She quivered with rage and shouted, “where… is… your… HOMEWORK?!”
I responded coolly, with smashed-up, bloodstained guillotine in hand, “I… don’t HAVE IT”, and I lashed out with all my might at the Teacher, and I knocked her off-balance just long enough for one of my classmates to come back from their homework-induced coma and throw their Listos 200 book at the Teacher.
Now, thank heaven it was first-edition hardcover, because with a sickening but pleasurable thwack, the dazed Teacher fell off her throne and into the arms of the crowd below. I laughed with my fellow classmates who were all cheering, and smiled the biggest smile I had ever smiled in a Spanish class (wow, that’s a mouthful!). But all of a sudden, the ground began to tremble and a deafening roar came from above. I looked up, and then I awoke…
…in the middle of my real Spanish class. “Reif, it is not normal for people to smile when their teacher is speaking to them! Now, where is your homework?”
I sighed. I guess not all problems can be slept through. I would’ve smiled, but I stopped myself just in time for the clock to strike 9:30. I got up and walked quickly to the door with a stifled “adios”, and the grin spreading across my face quickly changed back to a frown at the thought of the horrors that awaited me in my next class.

El fin.

Level 15
I enjoyed that story. Reminds me ALOT of myself. I go home, ignore my homework COMPLETELY, and copy it off my friends before class starts. And when it does, I sit in the back and sleep it off. Isn't school the best?

Level 15
Alright, full review... I'll start with the cons first.
Cons-ARE YOU KIDDING, WHAT CONS?
Pros-GREAT story, fabulous plot, lots of humor... it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.