• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm HINDYhat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi everyone. I've been here for some time now, haven't introduced myself yet.

I'm 16 years old, from a small town called Boisbriand in Quebec, Canada. I go to a french school (gah), but I went to an english school for 9 years when I was younger. I'm half moroccan, and yes you can say I'm very multi-ethnic (racist members, watch out). I lived in Saudi Arabia for 9 years of my life, and took many trips around the world, from Thailand to Amsterdam to New York, so I'd consider myself arab for all of the time I spent in Morocco and Saudi Arabia. Now to answer some FAQ:

No, I'm not a terrorist.

No, I'm not muslim.

No, I don't have a camel.

No, my real name is not Muhammed Abdul-Atif Maghrbid, in fact my real name is Tommy (snapped your bubble there, did I?).

No, I have never manipulated a gun of any kind.

No, I didn't live in an underground cave in the desert.

Any other questions, because I'm serious about these being FAQ's...

Okay, now about my Wc3 history. I began playing Wc3 about 3 years ago when my parents bought it to me for christmas. I played through the whole campaign, and quickly got bored because I couldn't even play BNet (I had the worst 56 k connection you could ever imagine). Recently I got high-speed internet, and I began mapping/playing BNet. I slowly progressed into learning jass, and released my first map: Massively Medieval RPG. It was huge and sloppy, but at least it was released. I abandoned it not long ago, to continue with other projects. One of my more recent projects is Death Coil Arena (link in my signature), but work on it has sort of stopped due to school work -.-.

Speaking of school work, I go to an international school. That means I have to do community service hours, I have to learn spanish, I have to do LOADS of projects and this year I have something called an extended essay. Basically it reviews my 5 years in the international system. If I don't pass it, I don't pass my international diploma stuff.

I myself am tired of talking about my life. So yeah, hi. Expect to see more of me.

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings HINDYhat. Best introduction post ever (IMO) hilarious and informative! The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. Veteran members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.