• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hmm a bit sad story isn't it? And debo do you really want to release it all? I think it should be one of the awsome unavailable for public packs. So is my opinion. And btw congrats you got a bigger gem!

Level 49
JokeMaster, I feel bad for saying, but this is really none of your business. Me, Mr.Goblin and Linaze have talked enough before this decision has came. Now please. Let us handle our project and do NOT post useless posts. Unless you have anything useful to say... Don't post anything. And that's meant to everyone.

Meanwhile... You can enjoy this awesome image:

SoC Resource Pack Image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
JokeMaster is clearly ********, who wins from the resources not being released?
Anyways, thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it, I really do. Oh, and no, I'm not back, I just needed to post this.
Once again, goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
One of the persons working in Scars of Conflict has given me permission to lock this thread. The other team members may send me a private message if they want this thread reopened.
~Thread locked

P.S. – debode intends to release this project's exclusive goodies soon. I'll edit this post to include a link to the thread when they are.

And we're back.
Our plans are smaller than before, one big mission which will feature everything we originally planned to include in the campaign, naval combat, memorable characters, new tech trees and more.
Hopefully it'll work out better this time.

and I'm sure 50% of the hive users will want to kill us for playing with their emotions like that, and the other 50% will send us love letters for resurrecting the project for that Big mission..

Anyway I'm damn happy you are back Linaze and I can't wait to work with you again.

Level 16
Good it is back to life , but next time Lizane please dont cancel it, say you're going to make a break, ok? People would understand such thing and you wouldn't get souch love/hate letters :p.

Level 16
And we're back.
Our plans are smaller than before, one big mission which will feature everything we originally planned to include in the campaign, naval combat, memorable characters, new tech trees and more.
Hopefully it'll work out better this time.
HOLY PECKING BALOONY! SCARS OF CONFLICT IS RESSURECTED!

Thank god that at least all of your hard work won't be a waste.

Level 2
I gotsa few questions.

1-Will this be released before Starcraft is?
2-Will the single map have just a few missions?Hard to explain, but how will you incorporate the progression of a campaign, into a single map?
3-How long has this been in production?

Best of luck.

I gotsa few questions.

1-Will this be released before Starcraft is?
2-Will the single map have just a few missions?Hard to explain, but how will you incorporate the progression of a campaign, into a single map?
3-How long has this been in production?

Best of luck.

who cares about starcraft2 when we have warcraft3 :p

for the rest, I'd better let Linaze answer..

Level 24
*Techtrees are not done.
Don't give people false hope, Deolrin.

We're developing steadily, but we're still not as close to release as the previous poster makes it sound like.
Sorry guys, we're working as fast as we can.

And yes, like Deolrin said above, due to various factors (Sc2's release being one of the major ones), this will now be released as an altered melee instead of a campaign. That doesn't mean it won't still be tons of fun to play, though.

Level 49
The art did not change, you know. We're still basing ourselves on WC2 slightly. We still have all of our models and textures, and new ones in addition(should have been in chat yesterday if you wanted to see a portion of the new models and textures we have). We still have Mr.Goblin as a terrainer and damn his terrain is great.

Level 27
wow..

That's exactly what it means. This going to be lame now.

No matter how bad some melee alterations have been that kind of stuff shouldn't be posted. :S

Give it a chance dude. If you don't like what this is turning into, then leave the thread.
If you actually have ideas to improve the project, then post them. That's what this thread is for.

Level 8
Melee Alteration or not, i'm stil looking forward to SoC ^^

just wondering, will the melee alteration still include any quests/cinematics?
lol, probably a stupid question as its a melee right? oh well, just wondering. ^^

Level 8
myeah, wel, that was too be expected i guess.
oh well, stil looking forward to play it :infl_thumbs_up:

ps:
care to reveal any of the alterations made?, slight previews of it anyways ^^?

Level 24
For one, the techtrees for the Humans and the Orcs have been nearly completely altered, we've added naval warfare, removed heroes and pretty much everything related to them (such as items) and finally we have added control points, which are pretty much various conquerable buildings with different abilities. Screenshots of these alterations will come, stay tuned.

Level 8
naval warfare huh? sounds interesting, by the way, when you say you've removed hero's do you mean you've replaced them with custom hero's? or totally removed them and made it a hero-free melee map?

control points sound awesome btw o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.