• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
About time for a 'freakin update!

Footman1.jpg

Oh. I haven't played wc2 in a while XD
But I thought most units had TC in their icon.

Inded, but that can't be done with the warcraft3 engine.

Also, here are my homeworks for this week-end.

-Finish the loading screen for the demo.
-Finish the texture for 1 unit.
-Start and finish the texture for 1 unit.
-Make a spell icon for the hero in the demo.
-Coatch Fan conserning a model.
-Make a texture for Fan's model if needed.

cheers*

Level 24
I thought I'd just drop by to tell you that the progress of the demo is going great, the terrain is pretty much finished and I've begun working on triggers. I'm not the type to set a release date, though, but it shouldn't be too far away.
Also, another unit model has been finished today, so you can expect some updates in the near future.

I thought I'd just drop by to tell you that the progress of the demo is going great.

Inded! :D

Like said by Linaze, I Finally managed to finish the unit texture, I also just finished a hero texture...

So still have 1 unit texture, the loading screen and the spell icon to make.

and my homework for the week-end will be done :D

MOUhahaha

/cheers

oh also.. let's not forget that all the textures I made are for custom models made by modelers such as Pyramidhe@d, Debode and DonDustin, and others... so don't forget to rep them if you like a model too :D

Level 24
Seeing how this project is for you, our "fans", we find it just right that you should be given the opportunity to voice your opinions on a rather big matter.
Heroes, how should they work? Do you want them like wc3 (inventories, levels etc.), perhaps like wc2 (where they cannot be resurrected among other stuff), a combination of the two, or something completely else?

Level 3
Hmm,I think it'd be best if you make them like in Wc3.My vote goes for that.

Level 6
Make them like in WC3, but only they can't be resurrected. It would make it harder that way and force us to be very cautious on how we use them.

Make them like in WC3, but only they can't be resurrected. It would make it harder that way and force us to be very cautious on how we use them.

I also agree with this method.

A couple of extra ideas
-Perhaps a few rare Ankhs of Resurrection hidden or given out as side-quest rewards.
-Maybe a special unit with the Paladin's resurrection ability only available for certain parts of maps.

Level 11
I like what you're doing with the icons, making them better quality versions of the warcraft II icons. I think the heroes will be revivably, but when you do they are weakened.

Also, heroes are not mainly used as "Thrash n' bashin" units that have awsome abilities and such, but more like people that increase morale of units. (Like in warhammer )

the troll axethrower looks anorexic o_O

If you are talking about the leg.. well it's just how the model was made by blizzard originaly, also.. let met tell you that DonDustin actualy made it even more bulky than the original troll model. so.. :p

Typos and Grammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Axethrowers of the Amani tribe are agile warrios armed with throwing axes they use to bring down any enemy, from whatever direction it may come."
change to
"The Axethrowers of the Amani tribe are agile warriors armed with throwing axes that they use to bring down any enemy, from whatever direction they may come."

Just figured that I'd point that out so you don't sound like 4th graders.

Level 16
Maybe you my little modification which combines the aspects of both WC2 & WC3.

Here's my idea:
- Heroes can be leveled up, but has small to no space of inventory.
- Can be revived, but has an increased cost for each level. Already has a great cost since level 1.
- Has abilities, but those abilities can't drasticcally change the tide of battle.

Enough for now.

Maybe you my little modification which combines the aspects of both WC2 & WC3.

Here's my idea:
- Heroes can be leveled up, but has small to no space of inventory.
- Can be revived, but has an increased cost for each level. Already has a great cost since level 1.
- Has abilities, but those abilities can't drasticcally change the tide of battle.

Enough for now.

Interresting, altought

We are aiming for an epic new story involving the Heros of warcraft 1 (if they are still alive) and 2, If a heros dies, than it was ment to die.. but most of the heros the player is going to control should NOT die, because he's still alive in warcraft3...

wich (me thinks) it should cost the instant failure of the mission.

Maybe Linaze have a diffrent idea, if he does I'm ready for a team meeting :D

Actually, screw all the other ideas. Throw them in the garbage. Who gives a shit about them? Yours dominates the entire forum post. Yea, in real warcraft II if a hero died you lost. So, don't change it.

faire enough!

---------------

Good news, Mephestrial is right now working on a human farm model severally coatched by me... Pyramidhead made 75% of the Knight model, the last 25% should be completed by Debode, since Pyramidhead have some hard times with Blizzard lazy and ugly modeling... Also, Debode is right now working on improving the Ogre model, to make it look more Warcraft2-ish... + Pyramidhead is right now working on a grunt model.

Normaly I wouldn't tell that kind of stuff, but anyway, you all know now that not alot of unit models are needed.

Ballista, Human Battle ship, Human Mage, Zeppelin, Goblin sapper, Dwarf Demolision squad, Gnome flying machine...

Peons, Peasant and Catapults are not needed (since they already look alike)

beside that, the models have been already made, found, or are already inprogress of being completed.

Also, Keiji have started the Demo terrain report... wich is awesome! :D

and on my side, the art stuff that I've been doing for the demo is now 75% completed.

------------

updates will come soon (me thinks.)

Level 1
I'd like to pass by and wish you all good luck and hope that this project doesn't die.

Also, about heroes. I think they should be much like warcraft 3, but they shouldn't be able to change the tide of battle all by themselves and their deaths should result in the instant loss of the mission.

I'd also like to ask you if this is still going to be mostly a Horde campaign or if its going to be 50/50 between the two factions, either way it seems that it will be great and quite fun.

Again, good luck all and a great +1 to all the modellers and artists. Your job is great so far.

Is been almost 5 days. I needz update. D:

True that...

right now we don't have that much to show that we don't mind to show.

understand? hehe

and for the models I told that were in progress well they are still in progress of being made.. soon anof, let's hope 2 of the 4 models will be finished for the end of the week.

Level 9
If you're still accepting ideas for heroes here's mine, two actually because one might be to complicated xD

1. I don't use the campaign editor much so I don't know i this is possible, I thought of a system which where there is no true "failiure" on a mission, I was thinking say on an episode where it's Durotan and Drek'thar leading the frostwolves against the alterac humans for example, say the objective of the level is to keep both heroes alive and defeat the alteracians, say for example Drek'thar is killed, then, if at all possible, the next mission will change because of that, say a new head shaman is elected, like Go'el(thrall)

2. have it that there is always an "optional quest" titled the name of the heroes you have, example...

Grom the Grunt has been instucted to build a base in Elwyyn(SP?) forest to raid Goldshire, but during the mission he hears of a human artifact that could prove to be valuable to the Warchief, if he does this artifact quest he becomes a Wc3-like hero for the rest of the mission

Just my ideas ;)

Thanks guys! :D

no big report from my side today, I've been really busy resently concerning school + working. And Linaze is at his bros house so he can't work on the map either.

Mephestrial have almost finish the first building model.
Pyramidhead is sick, so modeling is not needed from him until he recovers.
Debode just finished his competition against JokeMaster (good luck to you both) so let's hope he will have time to improve the Ogre model and to work on the Knight model.

About the terrain, we decided that Linaze will be making it from now on, with alot of help from me and Keiji.

Also, we might concider to change the tree model we are using right now, because it's not a very good model for RTS. (thanks Rising_Dusk for pointing that out.)

Yes there's someone, due to some real life problems, me and Linaze weren't able to work on the demo, so inded the release date will be later than we would like it to be.

Anyway, we are slowly getting back on track. In a few days we will post an update.

Thanks all for your interest.. and sorry for haven't been active for the past 2 weeks.

Actually, this looks neat.

Thanks mate!

Actually for the last 2 weeks we didn't got any respond from our modelers, so Linaze and I were abit annoyed by that.

But good news.. they were just busy.

Mephestrial is busy but will help us when he can.
Pyramidhead is starting Uni soon, so we won't ask him alot from him from now on.
and Fan will be starting modeling for us for the first time really soon, just have to make a few reference sketches.

Level 1
dont tell me its not done?

{EDIT}
hmm oh well it sounds awsome whos the main characters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Sorry for my absence from this thread guys.
No, SoC isn't dead, not anywhere near it, I just haven't wanted to post without having had anything to really show.
Anyways, I have two big news for you.
  1. The first mission is basically done. Yes, that's right, if all goes well, you will, in a month, be able to play the first mission.
  2. SoC is now a hosted project at the modding site samods. So whilst this thread will still be updated every now and then, most of the updates will be at our very own forum at samods.
Also, thanks for the support guys, all of you (especially the ones of you who are law-abiding members and don't go OT or double post).

Status
Not open for further replies.