• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Have you ever seen an archer with priest animations?
It looks realistic, take this model and attach a bow to it where the staff was. It looks better then you think, mainly because he doesn't have a hunch :p

what are u smokin' man? oO
Everything at once.
share it with me pls :3
It's mine!

Attachments

• Priest_V1.mdx
    54.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Priest_V1_portrait.mdx
    32.7 KB · Views: 74
Have you ever seen an archer with priest animations?
It looks realistic, take this model and attach a bow to it where the staff was. It looks better then you think, mainly because he doesn't have a hunch :p

Everything at once.

It's mine!

I must desagree with you on that one.

It's damn ugly.. XD

We are now working on a warcraft2 Mage models. The model is now being polished and I've been working on the texture the momment this post have been written.

Just saying that Finaly the model didn't turned out well, so we are putting it aside for the momment, insted we are working on a Warcraft2 looking footman, and now it's going pretty well so far. You will heard of it pretty early.

:thumbs_up:

---------------------------------
Edit = me and Pyramidhead just finalised an other model cheers! and tomorow the footman might be finished, Cheers!, and tomorow since the model Pyramidhead and I were working on today is finish, we shall make a model-edit that will ROOOOOOARS! cheers!

cheers!

Last edited:
Level 26
The elven Archer model looks great, actually. But the animations kinda make him look like gay... I would use priest animations, it kind of looks great for archers imo, but that's just my opinion.

I have to agree partly on that statement: stand -3 and stand -4 were intended for a female model. That's makes it look "gay". But those could simply be replaced by some other anims :>
But the rest is fine

Level 24
Someone called for an update?

Ogre-1.jpg

GryphonRider.jpg

Also, let's not forget we changed the name of the project :D

and that we are still working on new models and stuff.

Keiji is suppose to give his report soon too about the terrain, so will update the terrain too, (wich mean new screenshot in the futur >.>)

the texture of the gryphon is just <3

Thanks <3

-------------------------

We've been working hard on wc2 units reproduction resently, the gryphon is one of them, the texture is made by me, the model by Pyramidhe@d with help from DonDustin,

The footman model, Debode and me are working on is not finished yet, tought, tomorow it should be.

The Ogre model will be updated in the coming week, will add the mising gold bracers and earings and perhaps make the backpack bigger.

About the Hero model (It's the only information I can give :D) me and Pyramidhe@d have been working on since the past 5 days, we hope it will be completed soon.

Also, about the units icons shown on the thread, they will be improved, because we want blizzardish looking icons, and it is a very hard job to achieve when you have a complete diffrent art style, so yeah they will be changed someday by better looking icons.

------------------

Soo yeah so far, we still have alot of stuff to do, but it's going pretty well.

Wow Gryphon's texture is great
Raider is great too but shirt looks weird :p

Thanks, altought, we are basing ourselves on warcraft2 and the Raiders back than, had TC shirt like this. Sorry :D

also cool icon borders :D

It's just for the presentation, ingame it will be the same old icon border Blizzard use.

and new project's name is better than old one

Me thinks too, Scars of Conflict is just sooooooo epic! :3 (SoC)

Level 16
2 Months for the demo? Hopefully full version will be ready in 3-4 months after the demo is released (Can't wait. The people of Bloodlust Studios are very skilled so i won't give up my hope).

Well well, the demo is going very well so far... now i'm starting school tomorow, so this project might slow up abit, but since the art stuff have been our main focus for the last 2 weeks, this ''change'' of schedual won't really affect the campaign, since most of the textures are done and most of the NEEDED models are done too.

We still need buildings tought >.>

and have to improve the icons so they look blizzardish <.<

meeh.. screenshots of the demo will come soon.

Last edited:
Hey there, has you can see, the terrain for the demo is nearly completed. Just have to fix a few stuff and than it will be done for the terrain, Linaze will start soon to trigger it, also since the Modeling competition is nearly at his end, Pyramidhead and Debode might be less busy. So we will be abble to finish some models and start some more.

that's the report for now :D

You should post some more shots of the units/information. I find those particularly interesting.

1 update at the time :p, if we show all we have made at the same time, that will become boring for you, since we will have no more info to show.

^^

Edit = hum.. me wants to make a promotion video that we could put on youtube, but I have no idea with wich program I could do that.

Last edited:
make trailer with Recorder and WMM or Sony Vegas :3

I might try, but damn i'm busy these days, I might simply ask a friend to do it and coatch him.
----------------------------------
The demo is going well, I worked on the terrain, it was done, than I reworked on the terrain to make it better, it was done, than I rereworked on the terrain to make it better, and it is not done yet, the map is a tad bigger now, also, I've been making doodad textures to significantly improve the terrain decorations.

wich is awesome for the futur of the campaign and not only the demo. :D

Looks like a pretty awesome project :) Keep it up!

thanks mate!

(is Mohamed your full name? :D because I have on of my friend that is arabic and it's his nick name since his name is Mohamed.)

sorry for that randomness

back on topic.. the terrain for the demo is now completed, I just sended the terrain to Keiji so he could analyse it. Also, I might make a few more doodad textures to improve the terrain's visual aspect.

No more texture have been done yet, still have to complete 1 unit texture and 1 hero texture before the Demo gets release..

Also, I've made the drawing for the loading screen for the Demo, just have to edit it with photoshop and add colors etc..

anyway since the terrain is now ''Done'' Linaze will start working on the triggers this week. and the hole week-end if we can manage to make all our homeworks.

Level 16
This project looks interesting and so, i see that you've done a lot of work.Keep it up so! And just wanted to ask you have made so much modifications wich units are still the same(unchanged) with no skins no new models etc. ?

This project looks interesting and so, i see that you've done a lot of work.Keep it up so! And just wanted to ask you. You have made so much modifications already. Wich units are still the same(unchanged) with no skins no new models etc. ?

I think you ment to say that.. sorry for that edit. Here's your answer.

We have alot of wip models so far, not a few units models is 100% completed.

For example, I've made a complete texture for a knight model, but pyramidhead is busy doing somthing else, etc.

So far, I don't know how many units needs to be done, since we might not stick with the warcraft2 techtree at 100%. We might add a few units here and there depends on the hero or the mission.

But, what I can say is... right now, we are doing pretty good with the custom models. (we are slowed abit by school) but it's not a big problem.

Level 49
I think you ment to say that.. sorry for that edit. Here's your answer.

We have alot of wip models so far, not a few units models is 100% completed.

For example, I've made a complete texture for a knight model, but pyramidhead is busy doing somthing else, etc.

So far, I don't know how many units needs to be done, since we might not stick with the warcraft2 techtree at 100%. We might add a few units here and there depends on the hero or the mission.

But, what I can say is... right now, we are doing pretty good with the custom models. (we are slowed abit by school) but it's not a big problem.

Oh, there's some stuff I didn't know. For example, I didn't know you were working on a new Knight model. Keep up the great work!

Level 16
Yup i wanted to say something like that. But the idea of my question was so : you are using a lot of new models and skins (gryphon rider, footman,ogre) those are new models. But wich models won't be replaced with new ones?

Level 3
I have a question that accured to me now.You'll use Wc2 heroes right?So who are going to be the main characters of the story(of the demo)?
Off topic:No my name isn't Mohamed and I'm not Arabic :p(to Mr.Goblin)

Level 24
Now that's a pretty interesting question.
The answer would be that you will see some familiar faces from pretty much every warcraft game.

{EDIT}
Orgrim, Lothar, Cho'gall, Alleria, Gul'dan, Proudmoore, Terenas... the list goes on.
For the demo, though, you'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.