• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Unless you already have a model for it, I could make skins.
I'd love to make a Gul'dan or Cho'gall skin. Fav traitor and fav ogre.
Also, I could make spells for the heroes. Not like collosall spells that chuck norris would do, but a spell that just has triggers so it will work.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/guldan-48479/?prev=search=guldan&d=list&r=20

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/chogall-120844/?prev=status=p&u=Tauer

anyway nice boats models
i don't like ogre :(
he shouldn't have pants
orules2.gif

Level 11
Linaze OBVIOUSLY wants models from scratch to give a high appeal to his models. It's not being picky.

When you see a campaign or something and you see a bunch of models that are not just random models from the hive that are meshes, but a bunch of models from scratch you say "Holy shit, best, campaign, evar"

Linaze OBVIOUSLY wants models from scratch to give a high appeal to his models. It's not being picky.

When you see a campaign or something and you see a bunch of models that are not just random models from the hive that are meshes, but a bunch of models from scratch you say "Holy shit, best, campaign, evar"

Also, because we don't share the same concept of how Gul'dan or Cho'gall should look like.

Linaze is strict about the look of the heros, wich is very understandable and I would be the same. Models with blurry textures or that doesn't respect the lore won't be selected.

and that's the main reason why we are looking for modelers instead of models.

Level 12

models are cool but not really important
i prefer maps with cool gameplay much than maps with cool models

As much as I agree with what you say, Evillizard, it's hard to find modelers who are dedicated to supply you with each and every model. I've run a team myself, and that was a major problem, among other things. (As much as downloading models may hurt the appeal, it may be what gets your project finished.. You can at least use them as placeholders until a unique model is created.)

We do have place folders for each missing models and while Pyramidhe@d, Debode and me are working on the custom models and textures, Linaze is working hard on balancing the AI and the player and also working on the story.

Soo.. Gameplay is more important than models I 100% agree with that.. but when we got the persons to make 3D models.. why not using them?

So far so good, me and the guys are doing pretty well. Pretty much all the units we needed are now made, the only thing we really need now is Wc2 Building reproductions.

Hey finaly a silver gem for you Hawkwing.. i'm happy for you :D.

---------------------------------
back on topic, as you may not know, Linaze and me highly reconsider on improving the first post with new screenshots, unit presentations, descriptions etc..etc, because normaly these kinds of stuff attracts people and we need that, because even if we are good warcraft3 modders, we still need feedbacks, ideas and appreciations from the crowed, because without these, our project wont be as good and polished as we want to.

So people, lovely members of the hive, give us ideas on how we could improve the first post (for now) and later on for the gameplay and (models, textures)

Edit = I've reworked the unit presentation, tomorow when Linaze will be on this part of the thread will change.

{EDIT}
oh forgot to tell.. we are now working on 3 new models.

2 units and 1 hero.

and Of course! i'm not telling you wich unit it is.. much more fun that way! :D
It's just a normal wip message so you guys know what's coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Goblin, what happened to a goblin's tale being "Real Easy", "Couldn't fail" Now you're giving up on it? I guess you were right! You DO give up on things real easy! It's a good thing you're so handy with an image editor!

Goblin's Tale is MY project and I have the choice on continuing it or not, now I call this kind of comment ''flamming'', it is not the right thread and it is not the right momment for you, Goblin's Tale is not dead it's just sleeping, still have all the items written down, all the spell written down. I just need to work on it, but I find it much more pleasant to work on this project than Goblin's Tale right now.

Modding warcraft3 is an ACTIVITY! it is not a JOB! now I shall report your comment to the moderators.

With my best regards, I'm sorry that Goblin's Tale was a project you really wanted to play, but I invite you to folow this project with the same admiration.

Mr.Goblin

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit = thanks Traxamilliong for showing us the models you found, but Linaze and I inspected each of them and we can't accept them in our project without model modification (and for that, we need the permission of the person who made it, and it is not an easy job to speak Russian :p).

They will probably be used as placefolder, but they won't be the final model, that's for sure.

Level 24
Unfortunately, there's more to Red XIII's models than meets the eye.
I could tell you what it is, but there's no need really, the point is that they're not going to be used. Also, for your information, that Church is not made by Red but by Ket and is probably going to be used.

Goblin's Tale is MY project and I have the choice on continuing it or not, now I call this kind of comment ''flamming'', it is not the right thread and it is not the right momment for you, Goblin's Tale is not dead it's just sleeping, still have all the items written down, all the spell written down. I just need to work on it, but I find it much more pleasant to work on this project than Goblin's Tale right now.

Modding warcraft3 is an ACTIVITY! it is not a JOB! now I shall report your comment to the moderators.

With my best regards, I'm sorry that Goblin's Tale was a project you really wanted to play, but I invite you to folow this project with the same admiration.

Mr.Goblin

No, no, I wasn't flamming, or didn't mean to anyway, sorry bout that... I do like your project anyway, and I do get sidetracked too... lol... sorry if i hurt your feeling or appeared to be saying something mean or anything... that wasn't how it was supposed to come across...

Level 11
Elven Archer; Needs to be improved. Human Transport; looks kinda.. boxy.. Death Knight; needs some more/better custom textures
The elven Archer model looks great, actually. But the animations kinda make him look like gay... I would use priest animations, it kind of looks great for archers imo, but that's just my opinion.
The Human Transport looks really boxy. The front is a straight-on ramp, the back is just a box. It needs more roundness on it.
The Death Knight is good. But it needs better textures to fit the quality you are expecting on all the models.

It could, I agree about it, but we need permission first before remaking the texture for it, and THAT! is impossible.

So for now, Death knight is good anof for our project and only way after the beta release we might make our own model for it.

but so far, we need more important models, such as Buildings with no Red popping random stuff and that can manage reliefs like any buildings Blizzard made.
------------------------
We are now working on a warcraft2 Mage models. The model is now being polished and I've been working on the texture the momment this post have been written.
------------------------
Also, soon anof (in a week, pretty much) will make an other media release and show you more units, more screenshots and perhaps the beginning of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.