• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scariest Game Moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
DEAD SPACE whats scary about it? better question is what ISNT creepy freaky or scary about it. zombies that use dead bodies to ambush you, light malfunctions, shadows running around... its crazy.:goblin_jawdrop:

You just said why I don't think this game is scary. You run around with weapons, the zombies try their best to kill you but you simply shoot them, in the later stages of the game I hardly got an adrenaline kick when fighting big guys in close combat.
I don't know about you, but I for one are so used to killing Zombies that slapping on some spikes on them don't make them more frightening as long as you have a gun. What is horrifying is when you don't have anything to fight them with, especially if they are capable of simple thoughts.

And if flickering lights was all that needed to make a game scary, then I could scare the shit out of myself with Warcraft 3, playing with the gamma settings on the computer.

Misunderstand me correctly, I like the game(Still take it out sometimes and play a little) but not as horror, not even survival horror. It's a great Action 3PS with a good storyline, but that's all IMO.

This is the general thing about the "horror games" of today, they are simply action games with monsters in dark areas.

Level 3
Damn hasn't anybody here played Amnesia? THAT my dear friends, is a horror game that will make you crap your pants..... You have no weapons no way to fight back at the zombies, NOTHING! The only thing you can do is HIDE or RUN.... Fuck i've played some pretty scary games but Amnesia.... FUCK! Thats all I can say.
Oh yea the scariest moment... hmm... That must have been when i thoguht I have loured one of the zombies away by throwing a rock in a other direction..... And is I come sneaking from behind a cornor.. HE WAS STILL THERE!!! From that day i didn't wonna play the game without talking to someone or in the daylight at least...

Level 3
This is one of the zombies...... Found a dead one at least.... And its behind me there is a zombie you have to lure away with a rock or something like that, just like that thing here.......:vw_sad:

Attachments

• Amnesia 2010-09-15 19-02-15-33.jpg
    Amnesia 2010-09-15 19-02-15-33.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 97
Level 7
You just said why I don't think this game is scary. You run around with weapons, the zombies try their best to kill you but you simply shoot them, in the later stages of the game I hardly got an adrenaline kick when fighting big guys in close combat.
I don't know about you, but I for one are so used to killing Zombies that slapping on some spikes on them don't make them more frightening as long as you have a gun. What is horrifying is when you don't have anything to fight them with, especially if they are capable of simple thoughts.

And if flickering lights was all that needed to make a game scary, then I could scare the shit out of myself with Warcraft 3, playing with the gamma settings on the computer.

Misunderstand me correctly, I like the game(Still take it out sometimes and play a little) but not as horror, not even survival horror. It's a great Action 3PS with a good storyline, but that's all IMO.

This is the general thing about the "horror games" of today, they are simply action games with monsters in dark areas.

Well it wasnt like i got scared out of my mind or whatever its just more suprisecoupled with the way it was made, the lights flickering wasnt much just like when you walk up to a body than one jumps up as the lights flicker is kinda freaky(im a bit easy to scare). The game is pretty good , just some freaky moments and scenes have me on ym toes than it will happen again when i dont expect it.

Level 3
Hahahaha had it like that when i played the first time 2, but i took myself together and BEAT IT! Gotta tell ya: BEST GAME EVER!

Level 3
and i repeat wereguy2, why?
*Sigh* The Doom games where the first wonders in games in '93 made by ID Software (Who by the way makes the best games) And revolutionised the gaming industry... Without their forward tehnoligy in both games AND engines..... it would take a LOOONG time for other companies to upgrade the graphics and such because ID Software is one of the most ( if not the most) richest gaming companies today so they can afford ''eggheads'' to upgrade the gaming experience. THATS WHY

Level 16
Doom games are really great but I have to disagree that they are the most epic games ever created since there are other greater games out there like God Of War, Final Fantasy, GTA and many more, just because you really like the game doesn't mean its the greatest game ever and I'm pretty sure you will find something that will replace doom in the future. Also there are companies that can easily upgrade the graphics and such other than ID Software.
We are slowly going off topic here so lets get back to the topic.

Level 10
*Sigh* The Doom games where the first wonders in games in '93 made by ID Software (Who by the way makes the best games) And revolutionised the gaming industry... Without their forward tehnoligy in both games AND engines..... it would take a LOOONG time for other companies to upgrade the graphics and such because ID Software is one of the most ( if not the most) richest gaming companies today so they can afford ''eggheads'' to upgrade the gaming experience. THATS WHY

Thanks for the answer, it's a very good game, i agree, tough, i prefer Halo, and the Fable series. Nuff said, this is about scary games, not the best games.

Level 19

You did not once address why Doom 3 is the best game ever here... just committed a lot of logical fallacies and non sequiters..

Level 3
You did not once address why Doom 3 is the best game ever here... just committed a lot of logical fallacies and non sequiters..
Okay first things first... You have ID sofware to thank for all the great upgrades in engines today. Since the new game RAGE AND Doom 4 is gonna run on almost unlimited resolution take a look at this: resolutions up to 128000x128000 pixels!!! The new ID tech 5 engine is gonna kick every other games ASS!!!! Plus with such high ghraphics the games are gonna look like a movie Check THIS out: http://kingofgng.com/media/20091003_rage_01.jpg
2 the Doom games can NEVER be replaced since ID is working on Doom 4 as we speak.
3 And the reason why I think they are the best games ever? Whats not to like??? You kill badass demons with badass weapons plus all the Doom games (even the first) are so mod friendly.

Level 17
Omg do not double post, rather you should edit your post kthnx.

Did you guys know Mario is a scary game?
Bowser is too hard D:

Level 19
Okay first things first... You have ID sofware to thank for all the great upgrades in engines today. Since the new game RAGE AND Doom 4 is gonna run on almost unlimited resolution take a look at this: resolutions up to 128000x128000 pixels!!! The new ID tech 5 engine is gonna kick every other games ASS!!!! Plus with such high ghraphics the games are gonna look like a movie Check THIS out: http://kingofgng.com/media/20091003_rage_01.jpg
2 the Doom games can NEVER be replaced since ID is working on Doom 4 as we speak.
3 And the reason why I think they are the best games ever? Whats not to like??? You kill badass demons with badass weapons plus all the Doom games (even the first) are so mod friendly.

You did it again. Referencing another game does not help your case in the least. Your second point makes no grammatical sense. Your third point outlines something that is firstly, not a logical indicator of a "good game", and secondly, untrue, as the Doom games are not nearly as mod friendly as countless others.
Now, I refuse to "discuss" this any further, as it is both off-topic and.. well, quite literally retarded.

EDIT. Also, be serious, people. Mario and Pokemon are not frightening, and deliberately stating otherwise is not particularly funny.

Level 3
You did it again. Referencing another game does not help your case in the least. Your second point makes no grammatical sense. Your third point outlines something that is firstly, not a logical indicator of a "good game", and secondly, untrue, as the Doom games are not nearly as mod friendly as countless others.
Now, I refuse to "discuss" this any further, as it is both off-topic and.. well, quite literally retarded.

EDIT. Also, be serious, people. Mario and Pokemon are not frightening, and deliberately stating otherwise is not particularly funny.
Riiiight.. Well i do have tried another ''kinda'' scary game; Metro 2033 (russian game REALLY awsome!) Anyway when i got my first shock was in some haunted tunnels where you could hear the echos of dead crying.... That was kinda creepy!

Level 17
I still stand by my point that the more weapons you have, the less scary the game is. What's more scary, a big monster you can kill, or a big monster you cannot kill?

You tell me.

offtopic
Sure, graphics for a game is a good bonus, but mostly unnecessary. In the list of priorities for game-making it should be really far down, as story, gameplay, design(conceptwise), dialogue, coding etc all are more important.

Level 4
Damn hasn't anybody here played Amnesia? THAT my dear friends, is a horror game that will make you crap your pants..... You have no weapons no way to fight back at the zombies, NOTHING! The only thing you can do is HIDE or RUN.... Fuck i've played some pretty scary games but Amnesia.... FUCK! Thats all I can say.
Oh yea the scariest moment... hmm... That must have been when i thoguht I have loured one of the zombies away by throwing a rock in a other direction..... And is I come sneaking from behind a cornor.. HE WAS STILL THERE!!! From that day i didn't wonna play the game without talking to someone or in the daylight at least...

Did you play Penumbra? That's a spiritual predecessor to Amnesia.

Level 11
Even though i never heard of games such as fatal frame or Penumbra, i just know that Doom 3 will always be the scariest game i ever played, i really wish this thread couldve had a poll :p lol

Level 11
well i only know a few games that are actually "scary" but yet again that is my opinion... its just that if u were to decide what the top 5 scariest games.... im sure Doom 3 would be in there, but also again thats my opinion lol :p

Level 19
Okay, if anyone can actually be bothered scouring through the thread and compiling a list of games and the number of people who like them... and, if I do get a mod to put a poll in, that I can then alter this poll, then I could go about putting one in.
Oh, and I just woke up, so chances are that half of the post will be incomprehensible...

Status
Not open for further replies.