• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Satanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I seem to remember Satanists generally celebrating Halloween as a holiday of significance as well. Am I wrong?

It's of little significance, but it does indeed get celebrated. Generally, Halloween is about dark fun, which we embrace all year long - ironically, pretty much everyone act like Satanists on Halloween (apart from all that candy-stuff).

Level 13
You know, being delusional and going on massive killing sprees doesn't really back up religion, it kinda pulls it down. :/

I like <.<

<.<

Level 12
We "celebrate" Solstice, and we justify the Christmas holiday with Winter Solstice .. we do not celebrate the birth of Jesus, if that's what you're fishing for. Easter means nothing to me.

Yes, I "celebrate" Christmas with my family and friends, for traditional reasons.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting you to celebrate the birth of christ or anything. Just wondering if you had like your own christmas or haunukah (Excuse my spelling there, jews.) I expected that like most people, celebrate christmas anyway.
Props to you shiik for standing your ground against so many people who look down upon your personal beliefs because they do not/refuse to understand.
Aye, a brave warrior indeed. I don't find his faith any worse than mine, but some people are totally irrelevant. They think of him as a devil worshiper, instead of one who jsut worships himself. Insteadm I jsut want to find more info about his religion. I find it very... interesting

Level 15
Yeah, a lot of misunderstanding is going on here. Satanism is the worship of one's self, not a deity. If anything they are agnostic or atheist, but with a different philophosy outlook then an agnostic or atheist would have. I just met another Satanist and she enlightened me about her perspective on it, and it basically makes me a Satanist, which I've been calling myself Atheist all these years.

now go child, to your christian woman, embrace her, look her in the eyes and say:

"Baaaby, I'm a satanist now"

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, I wasn't expecting you to celebrate the birth of christ or anything. Just wondering if you had like your own christmas or haunukah (Excuse my spelling there, jews.) I expected that like most people, celebrate christmas anyway.

Aye, a brave warrior indeed. I don't find his faith any worse than mine, but some people are totally irrelevant. They think of him as a devil worshiper, instead of one who jsut worships himself. Insteadm I jsut want to find more info about his religion. I find it very... interesting

Aye, I guess Christmas is one of those holidays that are hard to ignore completely. Besides, it was conveniently placed around (not going to argue whether or not that was on purpose, as I know not everyone agree - and this is about Satanism anyway) the time of the Winter Solstice, a heathen celebration before Christianity came along.

We don't have our own name for it, and not something unique to Satanism around the time, not as far as I know at least. Though the solstices come natural to us to celebrate, and it's very suitable to use an already established grand celebration to celebrate something ourselves. Even our foundation date fell on a holiday, and our most sacred holiday, our birthday, is quite common to celebrate as well, albeit not on such a global scale.

Glad you interest yourself for Satanism, and I wish more people were eager to understand. I'm not asking of anyone to read The Satanic Bible, or research our religious view, I am merely soliciting people to understand my faith before they judge me for it. It is in it's entirety for personal benefit.

Level 13
Who in their right mind wouldn't celebrate Christmas in Norway though?

It's traditional, you get to have a good time with friends and family, etc. etc. Really, you have to be fanatic and anti-social not to.

Celebration in general really isn't based much on religion these days.

P.S not insulting anyone/anything with this post.

Level 15
I've been reading and I found this really interesting.
On Satanism, I really don't think it's anything wrong with it. By Satanism I mean the "normal people" (No offense), the people who don't hurt others. But In many means I find the Satanism religion fair and square, straight and right.

Off-topic kind off, but I think every religion has their own points which I think are right and wrong. Personally I am an non-beliver, though I really can't say ther doesn't exist any spiritual dudes. I think it's fully possible, even if I don't belive.

Hurting people due to religion, hurting yourself or being mean in anyway due to religion, is in my opinion completely wrong. That doesn't make sence.
Being odd, meditating, saying strange things or whatever, is really not weird IMO, still aslong as you ain't hurting anyone else. You are fully right to belive anything you like, and ones religioues belifs shouldn't interfere with a social communication or anything, with someone from another religion.

A perfect religion would really just be that there was a god, known to all, and everyone just tried to do good things for each other. Many times have the wise words been said; "Treat your neighbor as you want to be treated". Nothing makes more sence than this, IMO. Be nice and recieve luck and fortune, and people will start acting nice to you aswell, almost like Karma.

Again, everyone should belive what they like, just be nice ^^

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Worship of the self leads to a rude awakening when you come to realize you aren't God...and never will be.

It lies completely in the definition of what God is. If I define myself as God, that cannot be wrong. There is no other definition of God, for me. You will never end up in a situation where you realize you are not yourself (literally).

Level 35
It lies completely in the definition of what God is. If I define myself as God, that cannot be wrong. There is no other definition of God, for me. You will never end up in a situation where you realize you are not yourself (literally).

...If you are indeed God...Throw yourself down from the Dome of the Rock...For it is written, the angels will bear you up before you even dash your foot against the stones.

...Go on...I dare you...I'll expect a video of it as well...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

...If you are indeed God...Throw yourself down from the Dome of the Rock...For it is written, the angels will bear you up before you even dash your foot against the stones.

You know what, I think you missed the part where I say I am a Satanist, and not a Christian.

Level 10
Using eugenics as an excuse for still worshipping an evil deity is connecting unrelated events. If evil causes bad occurrences, then you should not do it as you have a responsibility given to you by your capabilities, that is doing good. When people all around the world help you in this world that we share, you have the responsibility to give it back; if you do not claiming that you did not intend their help, then you must realize that this is how the world works, and you must adapt to it due to your creational circumstances.

P.S: Saying that you are worshipping yourself shows egoism and illogical pride. For you do not have the capabilities of any upper being, namely for my religion, God.

and im pretty sure that many things helped shape your opinion so its hard to do the right thing, understandable man.

I hope this advice helps you bro... as you helped me with yours before ) i had to say it after an argument that started to extend to 8 pages xP

Level 35
You know what, I think you missed the part where I say I am a Satanist, and not a Christian.

I don't care what you are...You claim you are God. But the very fact that you don't have the power, backing, or authority of God, shows very clearly that you are a far cry from him.

You are not omnipotent, omnipresent...and you certainly are not omniscient. You do not have perfect Love, you are not Love yourself, you are not a perfect balance of 100% Love and 100% Justice, you did not send your son/yourself to die for the sins of mankind, you were not born from a virgin, you are the flesh and blood of a mortal man, you are not perfect, you do not have perfect health, you did not raise from the dead, death can hold you, the grave can hold you, you don't have the power to call down a legion of angels at a moment's notice...you aren't meek, you aren't sinless, you didn't create/evolve/w-e the universe, and you are certainly not manifested in any form of glory that I am aware of, you can't even break a piece of bread and feed a thronging crowd of thousands.

You are not God.

Level 12
Worship of the self leads to a rude awakening when you come to realize you aren't God...and never will be.

You seemed to entirely miss the point. :thumbs_up:

Written by who? How credible is this author? Where are their sources? I'll expect a video of this account as well, meer words cannot be solid proof.

Using eugenics as an excuse for still worshipping an evil deity is connecting unrelated events. If evil causes bad occurrences, then you should not do it as you have a responsibility given to you by your capabilities, that is doing good. When people all around the world help you in this world that we share, you have the responsibility to give it back; if you do not claiming that you did not intend their help, then you must realize that this is how the world works, and you must adapt to it due to your creational circumstances.

He specifically stated he was not worshipping an evil deity, and that is entirely another form of religion. Also, not everyone in the whole world is helping each other, nor is the majority of it either.

I don't care what you are...You claim you are God. But the very fact that you don't have the power, backing, or authority of God, shows very clearly that you are a far cry from him.

You are not omnipotent, omnipresent...and you certainly are not omniscient. You do not have perfect Love, you are not Love yourself, you are not a perfect balance of 100% Love and 100% Justice, you did not send your son/yourself to die for the sins of mankind, you were not born from a virgin, you are the flesh and blood of a mortal man, you are not perfect, you do not have perfect health, you did not raise from the dead, death can hold you, the grave can hold you, you don't have the power to call down a legion of angels at a moment's notice...you aren't meek, you aren't sinless, you didn't create/evolve/w-e the universe, and you are certainly not manifested in any form of glory that I am aware of, you can't even break a piece of bread and feed a thronging crowd of thousands.

You are not God.

You seem to love missing the entire point by insisting on comparing his religion to Christianity's version of a deity. He never said he was your God, he never said he was any of what you're talking about, and he certainly didn't copy any of the previous martyrs before him like Christianity did, now did he?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
You two have completely different definitions of the word "God." Whereas Elenai sees God as a divine being which can do whatever the heck it wants by waving its hand, shiiK sees God/Satan/whatever as the individual person - that's the core of the religion: You're the one responsible for your life.

Now, while a christian would sit praying to God about fixing his messed up life, a satanist would go ahead and be his own God and fix it himself.

He has a different definition of the word God! Let's force our religion on him until he accepts ours!

^ Christian view on everything, apparently.

Level 35
You seemed to entirely miss the point.

I got the point very clearly...Self worship, and I'm telling you...its a very bad idea.

Written by who? How credible is this author? Where are their sources? I'll expect a video of this account as well, meer words cannot be solid proof.

Does it matter? If he is God, he won't hit the bottom.

You seem to love missing the entire point by insisting on comparing his religion to Christianity's version of a deity. He never said he was your God, he never said he was any of what you're talking about, and he certainly didn't copy any of the previous martyrs before him like Christianity did, now did he?

You can't be God unless you are quite literally The Supreme Being. He is claiming to be "God", not "a god".

You two have completely different definitions of the word "God." Whereas Elenai sees God as a divine being which can do whatever the heck it wants by waving its hand, shiiK sees God/Satan/whatever as the individual person - that's the core of the religion: You're the one responsible for your life.

According to quite frankly common knowledge: "God" = God. God is a being, that is why his name is capitalised. Now...Shiik can be Shiik...but he can't be God, he isn't God. For that matter, if he can't be Jim from Nigeria, then he can't be God, for the sheer definition that he is not Jim. However in the case of God, there is the included problem of having not a single shred of authority to back up his claim.

Now, while a christian would sit praying to God about fixing his messed up life, a satanist would go ahead and be his own God and fix it himself.

And do a terrible job of it at the same time. As for the case of 'just praying to God to fix a messed up life', there is more to it than just praying...Christians are not lazy.

He has a different definition of the word God! Let's rub our religion against him until he accepts ours!

Blue is Blue, doesn't matter a single wit if you think it is Green or not.

Level 13
It's the Christian term for a divine being! Muslims say Allah!

Look at American English. Compare it to British English. Look at the word "kid." Quite different results, eh? Now do the same with the word "God" christian - satanist, and you'll end up with the same thing.

Level 35
It's the Christian term for a divine being! Muslims say Allah!

And? He still claims to be God.

Look at American English. Compare it to British English. Look at the word "kid." Quite different results, eh? Now do the same with the word "God" christian - satanist, and you'll end up with the same thing.

Look at the American English dictionary for "Blue" and the British "Blue" and you'll get the same thing. Doesn't matter if a Frenchman decides that Blue = the backside of a hippo's left tusk...Blue is still Blue.

Level 13
You sure know how to piss people off.

Look, you're doing this on purpose. Why?

He claims to be his religion's definition of God. Which is very much possible. Look, I don't care to argue against someone who acts like a five year old, so unless you have valid, mature arguments, then shut your trap.

Level 35
He claims to be his religion's definition of God. Which is very much possible.

His definition is that of the Frenchman, and unfortunately, the majority of the world who are quite assured that the definition of Blue is indeed Blue, will laugh at him profusely.

I would dearly love to spare him the humiliating fate that awaits him when it dawns on him one day quite suddenly, that blue is blue, and God, is God...and shiik, is merely shiik.

Level 35
Elenai, still, it's their definition of God. You can't say they aren't God, because your God is a certain way. Seriously, think about it.

Their definition of God is hideously twisted merely by the fact that they are completely redefining a person, being, individual, to be themselves, when they are not that individual, and don't have any authority to back it up.

You are not Obama, Ghandi, Clinton, Mother Teresa, Jim from Nigeria, Tolkien...or especially God, no matter who you think you are.

Level 35
Satanism says you are yourself and that's what matters. It does not, however, matter what the Hell they call the individual person.

It does if you claim to be someone you are not. He did not claim to be an individual, he made the claim of being God, now...I'm perfectly sure he can alter his claim, and claim to be Shiik, instead of God.

Level 13
Who cares if they call each individual person God?

Jeez, I hate christians who can't accept anything not christian.

Off topic: You spelled his name wrong every time >_>

Level 35
And you haven't considering that they actually think your definition of God is twisted and odd?

I considered it, but then, I don't have a definition of God, I merely worship him as he is. Not for what I believe/think/feel he is.

Okay, maybe that was abit much, but still thye just mean that they have the power, they don't consider themself infinite and overpowered, just that it's up to yourself to stay alive. Wrong or right, both IMO.

Then they should accurately portray this without taking on the guise of being an individual that they are not.

Who cares if they call each individual person God?

I would like to think that the person of whose identity they are attempting to steal would care.

Jeez, I hate christians who can't accept anything not christian.

I find it equally displeasing when people don't use proper definitions for the terms they are using.

Level 13
Look, in this case, "God" means the same as "Person." Saying that they steal a personality is the most stupid thing you've done in this topic thus far - that says a lot.

Level 35
Look, in this case, "God" means the same as "Person." Saying that they steal a personality is the most stupid thing you've done in this topic thus far - that says a lot.

Blue isn't Green, and they should use the proper term: "Person" instead of God.

And it isn't the stealing of his personality, they aren't even doing that...It is the stealing of his name and identity that they are attempting, when they say: "I am God".

Level 13
If you don't know or care about Islam then you have no right to lead a silly argument in this thread. You obviously know nothing of any other religion that yours.

Level 35
If you don't know or care about Islam then you have no right to lead a silly argument in this thread. You obviously know nothing of any other religion that yours.

Ah, but I do have a duty to tell people that they are not who they claim they are, when they are clearly lying, or blatantly wrong.

You are individual B with your own self-will/free-will, you cannot be individual A whom has his own. To claim otherwise, is to be wrong.

Level 13
shiiK isn't lying per his definition. He is per yours. Yours is christian, his isn't. Thus you can never agree.

Now, this is turning into a degenerate flamewar, so I'll stop posting until someone says something sensible.

Level 35
shiiK isn't lying per his definition. He is per yours. Yours is christian, his isn't. Thus you can never agree.

It isn't a matter of definitions, it is a matter of 'being'.

He is individual B, he isn't individual A, it doesn't matter what his definition is. It doesn't matter what mine is for that matter.

But clearly, he is saying he is A, when he is not, he is B, and will always be, B.

Level 15
Elenai, that is exactly what I/we mean. Maybe his individual A is the same as individual B. It IS about definitions. People can belive there are one hundred gods, and ofcoarse they can belive they are self one of them. It is EXACTLY about defninitions, I don't really get what you mean =/

Btw, I am not irritaed or anything, or have anything personal to Elenai, just saying my point ^^ Let's stop this discussion :D

Level 35
Elenai, that is exactly what I/we mean. Maybe his individual A is the same as individual B. It IS about definitions.

But this is impossible, if individual A defines himself as A, and has his own completely separate self-will/free-will that is unique to his own being, then B cannot usurp, or equal himself to A without usurping the free-will/self-will of A and making A like himself B...which is impossible for anyone to do, as you (a mortal person B) cannot usurp free-will.

People can belive there are one hundred gods, and ofcoarse they can belive they are self one of them. It is EXACTLY about defninitions, I don't really get what you mean =/

But alas, if B is not 100 gods, and is instead, B...then his definition is flawed to the truth of his reality. If Blue in all reality, is indeed Blue...then it does not matter if we define it as Hippo, for it will still be Blue in reality.

Btw, I am not irritaed or anything, or have anything personal to Elenai, just saying my point ^^ Let's stop this discussion :D

Nor do I have anything personal, or any irritance towards you. :)

Level 35
In the same way that it is more logical that:

1 = 1

x = x

1+1 = 2

Than by what we may perceive when we insist that:

1 = a relative numerical value that could be 2, or 3, or 4 simply because we prefer these other numbers.

x = b, because we so claim it to be and attempt to force the definition even when x defines itself as x.

or...we say 1+1 = 3 by sheer abandonment of comprehension for numerical values and how they work and combine into each other, or lack of knowledge concerning numbers...or both.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

There's too many posts to quote and reply, it would take forever.

I'll just clear up a few things here:
- personally, I do not worship anything, I am not a deist, I do not believe there is any deity at all, though I accept that others might have that belief. I am no deity.
- when I refer to God, in this thread about Satanism, I take it for granted people understand that it is indeed the deity that deist Satanists believe to exist, and per Satanic definition, that deity is themselves. If there is a deity, it is the Satanist him/herself.

From a deist Satanist standpoint, God and Satan are equal. God is just the common term used to describe the singular deity of a religion. It is not unique to Christianity. When a Satanist claims to be God, he does not claim to be the father of Jesus Christ. He is merely defining himself. If you can't accept that, then you will never understand deistic Satanism. You can't compare it, in any way at all, to Christianity (nor any other religion), because it is a different religion. Neither can you compare the Islamic God to the Christian God, you can't claim that when a Muslim prays to his God he is not praying to God, because the Muslim himself is the one who choose who God is to him.

Elenai, I have never, ever, claimed to be your God.

Status
Not open for further replies.