• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Satanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Actually I was wrong on the Satan part aswell.
Imaginary Satan torments people, not torture. Big diffrence actually.

That still doesn't change the fact that imaginary hell will be crowded by awesome imaginary people by the time imaginary me get there.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

In Satanism there is no afterlife.

Level 22
This is hell. The life we live now. All that pain and suffering. When we die we will no longer be a part of that. We won't go to heaven or another hell, we just die and decompose and then our remains will help other plants/trees grow. That's how nature works. Ones death is another's bread (damn, that sounds gay in English :D at least it rhymes in Norwegian)

Level 13
This is hell. The life we live now. All that pain and suffering. When we die we will no longer be a part of that. We won't go to heaven or another hell, we just die and decompose and then our remains will help other plants/trees grow. That's how nature works. Ones death is another's bread (damn, that sounds gay in English :D at least it rhymes in Norwegian)

I'm under the impression that people who think that way need a psychologist.

No, I'm not saying you're insane.

Also, tell me what that is in Norwegian? Never heard it before.

Level 28
It's perfectly logical that our bodies create a more healthy ground for plants to grow in when we decompose. The only problem is that most of us are buried in graveyards and trees don't grow in the middle of the graves. We are disrupting nature's way by honoring our dead. It would be nice to honor someone by letting them turn into a large and proud tree.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's perfectly logical that our bodies create a more healthy ground for plants to grow in when we decompose. The only problem is that most of us are buried in graveyards and trees don't grow in the middle of the graves. We are disrupting nature's way by honoring our dead. It would be nice to honor someone by letting them turn into a large and proud tree.

Though you wouldn't grow an apple tree on your parents grave, and then eat the apples.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aight, am I the only one who would consider that for remote cannibalism?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's a difference between knowing that apple sucked nutrition (or whatever the term is for plants) it needed to grow out of your old man, and not knowing where it got the nutrition from.

We're straying far away from Satanism though..

Level 13
Cannibalism
The act of eating another of one's own species.

Therefore, you are not a cannibal even if you knowingly let a tree drain nutrition from a corpse. Besides, it's for the greater good!

I hope I cleared up ze case.

Level 7
wtf is the point of this thread
im religious and belive in god
but not in everything people think about god
also i think about god myself
im not catholic or protestant im orthodox

satanism comes from satan witch means the enemy
satanism is by some fighting that enemy

but what the fuck does eating aples that grew from dead bodiesof your parents have to do with
fighting with the enemy

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

wtf is the point of this thread
im religious and belive in god
but not in everything people think about god
also i think about god myself
im not catholic or protestant im orthodox

satanism comes from satan witch means the enemy
satanism is by some fighting that enemy

but what the fuck does eating aples that grew from dead bodiesof your parents have to do with
fighting with the enemy

The point of the thread is to promote a general understanding of Satanism, and discuss elements of it in a civilized manner. Those posts about where you bury your dead and if you'd eat an apple that grew on your old man's grave are all off topic.

I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say about Satanism, though. Satanism is based on Satan, but it does not evolve around Satan. We do not worship Satan, nor any other deity, only ourselves if worship need be. We're not fighting a common enemy, we take care of ourself and those we deem deserving of protection.

Level 7
yes i know that
and if you think about it what i said is similar
but my post was really there so
i put you back on track

because somethings
are too of topic that they make people run away from this thread
so fill this page
and go on

Level 8
i myself am not religious, one could say i'm an atheist, but i get sick and tired of christians who have no fucking clue what satanism is, and they're like AMG SATAN'S A BAD GUY, HE'LL POSSES your dog, when in fact satanists don't believe in an actual satan as an omnipotent deity, and for all the people that say satanists are evil there are a LOT more christian fanatics than there are satanist fanatics. WBC >.>

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

No Satanist will try to push his belief onto you, heh.. it's not worth spending time trying to make you believe something you don't really believe in, it does not result in any benefit to me at all. Thus it could be considered a Satanic sin to commit such acts.

I'm happy to discuss religion with people, and if I feel they're on a path that is similar to Satanism, I'll tell them about it, give them a taste of what it is and let them consider if it's what they really believe in. All Satanists are born Satanists. They might not know it, and thus not define themselves as such, but if they truly are Satanists they will realize so upon learning the nature of Satanism.

There is no such thing as a better religion, either it's the right one for you, or it's not.

Level 15
summed up nicely. But i do find it amusing when people from other religions try to convert me :D after they finish their speech on why i should i tell them show me proof and ill have the belief that he exists but i still wont be the same religion as you. always confuses them. haha

Level 4
Satan belives that evildoers should be tortured for all eternity.
God belives that evildoers should die (the flood of Noah ect.) and be sent to Satan.

As someone who has studied the bible (historically), I find that comment rather irritating...

According to the new testament, which is the primarily Christian part of the bible (the old testament is basically just a copy of part of the Jewish Torah) we have NO IDEA what God believes in terms of punishment because God doesn't even show up. Ever. Everything he 'says' is through Jesus.

Jesus, however, preached that one's soul can be saved just by accepting him as Christ. You can commit mass genocide in the name of everything unholy and still go to heaven if you accept Jesus... but you have to actually accept the faith; you can't just fake it.

Now I'm not saying I believe any of this, but that's what's in the Bible; people shouldn't take part in such a discussion without the historical knowledge to make accurate claims.

Level 11
Satanists are not bad, it is another beleif chosen. I am agnostic, but I do know satanists. They do not try to make you sell your soul, they do not want you to worship satan, they do not want to do something evil to you. If you have seen a satanists doing any of these things, I would say it would be the same as a christian doing it.

There are many christians who feel oppressed by athiests and satanists, but really, it's DIRECTLY the other way around MASSIVELY.
Athiests, along with other religions, are very oppressed by christians. I am not saying that everyone that is christian is an asscrack that can't accept anything, I'm saying that it pisses me off when so many people have no idea what they're talking about, and how much of a hypocrit they are. I can understand a simple discussion on the hive about satanists along with other religions, but what I'm looking at here is just a part for people to say bad things about satanists.

Level 15
nah evillizard half the thread it was like 3 ppl discussing christianity against satanism. then the thread got cleaned cuz it got off topic. but ya christians are usually pressing their religion on others not satanists. As shiik put it so nicely
No Satanist will try to push his belief onto you, heh.. it's not worth spending time trying to make you believe something you don't really believe in, it does not result in any benefit to me at all. Thus it could be considered a Satanic sin to commit such acts.

I'm happy to discuss religion with people, and if I feel they're on a path that is similar to Satanism, I'll tell them about it, give them a taste of what it is and let them consider if it's what they really believe in. All Satanists are born Satanists. They might not know it, and thus not define themselves as such, but if they truly are Satanists they will realize so upon learning the nature of Satanism.

There is no such thing as a better religion, either it's the right one for you, or it's not.

Level 13
i've had plenty of atheists push their beliefs on me, don't generalize, but i agree that christians are most likely to push their beliefs on anyone, it's annoying and i find it insulting, take it from a christian.

Hooray, another person against generalizing!

As an atheist I can say that if anyone tells me they believe in God I'd usually question them. It always comes down to blind faith. :/

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Either one works; Satanic and Satanist.
Satanism: Wikipedia Article

First I'd just like to encourage you to read through the thread, or at least the last few posts (in addition to the initial post of course), before you reply. You obviously paid no attention to the actual subject of the thread (although I agree it is confusing, considering the initial post, but that's merely because this thread is a branch that fell off its tree and wandered off later; it all started with the colour black).

Secondly, both can relate to Satanism, indeed, but there's this key feature about them which tears them apart, makes them two different terms. Satanic is an adjective, an relates to an item or action that is connected to Satan or Satanism, whilst Satanist is a noun, and directs to the title of a person whose belief is Satanism, and more precisely, LaVeyan Satanism.

Level 11
I read some about Satanism and LaVey-satanism. I may agree with some of these Satanic statements, but at the same time I also agree with some of the Christian statements, as well as Buddhism truths. What I can't really get into my head is why call yourself a Satanist or Buddhist if you think these ways are the right ones, but don't really believe in the supernatural events they are connected to. It is very similar to politics; you're never completely in line with one party's opinions, while the party which represents ideas suiting your way of seeing the world is the best choice?

I'm no Satanist, no Buddhist, no Christian, no Atheist (Imo Atheist follow the God called "No One"), nor do I belong to any other of these well known "religious" movements. I pick what I like out of all these ways of living and put them together, making me a Chizumist if anything.

Yours Truly,
Chizume

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I am not picking bits and pieces of Satanism to make it suit me, everything about Satanism is correct for me, I was a Satanist before I knew who Anton LaVey was, or any other religion, I was a Satanist before I could read. There are no supernatural elements in Satanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.