• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Do you think if I put a bible on his forehead it will burn? :)

/be gooaann

p.s. satanic or satanist?

Oh yeah, that's my favourite trick! .. and you should see the Jehova's running when they knock on my door and I tell them to "come on in, I am a Satanist!"

That'd be Satanist, the religion .. belief that people are not equal, that evil is not wrong and that you are responsible for your own actions. (Can't be bothered to explain the whole thing, so roughly and basically will have to do).

Level 12
Anton Le Vey Satanist, right? Or just some douche who thinks its cool to call himself a Satanist? (Not trying to insult you, I'd choose Le Vey's Satanism over Christianity any day, though I'm firmly just sticking to being atheist and not giving a rat's ass.

Level 12
I have. As well as the Necronomicron.

When they'd come to my door, I'd strip to my boxers and then open up and say the party hasn't started yet, but the rest of the swingers will be here soon for the orgy." Then I'd slam the door.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Anton Le Vey Satanist, right? Or just some douche who thinks its cool to call himself a Satanist? (Not trying to insult you, I'd choose Le Vey's Satanism over Christianity any day, though I'm firmly just sticking to being atheist and not giving a rat's ass.

That'd be Anton LaVey Satanism, aye.. or perhaps more commonly known as Philosophical Satanism, or just the accepted form of Satanism, the religion and not the myth (I do not burn down churches and rape virgins).

«Hate your enemies with your whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; Smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!»

I will truthfully admit that I have not read the entire Satanic Bible, though I live by the 11 Satanic Rules, and acknowledge the 9 Satanic Statements.

Level 8
Haha, I love when people talk so ignorantly about any religion or Jehovah's witnesses in this situation(J Dubs as I call em and I'm guessing that even though you oppose what they say 100% and they have come to your house you don't know 1 single thing that they stand for) and such makes me realize that there is no place for for ignorant people.

Yes pushing your religion on other people is quite annoying, but how long do they really talk to you if you say "I'm sorry I'm really not interested, please, please, never ever... I mean NEVER EVER come back", and guess what they wont come back.

Also if you can come up with any evidence to why ignorant people are better than none ignorant people then I will convert to this religion where people are unequal, until then I'm going smoke bowls and drink beer until what you guys makes any sense.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Haha, I love when people talk so ignorantly about any religion or Jehovah's witnesses in this situation(J Dubs as I call em and I'm guessing that even though you oppose what they say 100% and they have come to your house you don't know 1 single thing that they stand for) and such makes me realize that there is no place for for ignorant people.

Yes pushing your religion on other people is quite annoying, but how long do they really talk to you if you say "I'm sorry I'm really not interested, please, please, never ever... I mean NEVER EVER come back", and guess what they wont come back.

Also if you can come up with any evidence to why ignorant people are better than none ignorant people then I will convert to this religion where people are unequal, until then I'm going smoke bowls and drink beer until what you guys makes any sense.

I haven't stated anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't know what they stand for, I do know they have a specific amount of people that will reach heaven, and that it is a sub-religion of Christianity. That's all I know. I've never told them to go away, I invite them in when they come at my door, but I make sure I present myself as a Satanist so that they'll know what kind of quest they are embarking on. Last time I said that they ran. As simple as that - probably thought I was going to burn them alive or something like that. Anyhow, telling them not to come back does not work. Setting an example does.

I didn't quite make out what you were trying to say in that last paragraph, but I guess it was of lesser importance, something about ignorance and whatnot, seems unrelated.

Level 8
I haven't stated anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't know what they stand for, I do know they have a specific amount of people that will reach heaven, and that it is a sub-religion of Christianity. That's all I know. I've never told them to go away, I invite them in when they come at my door, but I make sure I present myself as a Satanist so that they'll know what kind of quest they are embarking on. Last time I said that they ran. As simple as that - probably thought I was going to burn them alive or something like that. Anyhow, telling them not to come back does not work. Setting an example does.

I didn't quite make out what you were trying to say in that last paragraph, but I guess it was of lesser importance, something about ignorance and whatnot, seems unrelated.

Well I'm dealing with more than I thought I was I'm extremely impressed, but please don't be biased to my last post I was quite high at the time. But as for the fact that they would run away I laugh, cause I probably would too knowing the power that spiritual entities can bear. But as for the last paragraph I'm sorry I was being unfair and ignorant myself I was referring to the fact that I don't really share the views of this statement, and I don't know if your a satanist.
That'd be Satanist, the religion .. belief that people are not equal, that evil is not wrong and that you are responsible for your own actions.

But I am curious why someone would want to follow the rules that a absolute negative being made (Satan in this case) or if it was a man that wrote it, why listen to fellow man?

Setting an example does.

I guess lol, but its not an example when they have seen it before. I'm guessing they haven't come back?

Level 12
i dont get it, its not the dark ages anymore. its funny, human beings are smart enough to make rockets, advanced mathamatics, computers [and anything computer related], yet still dumb enough to believe in god [or in the case satan].

Uh oh, somebody thinks differently from you, RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Btw, I know a few Satanists, and they are the most ignorant people I have ever met. Just stating my experience. They really think that if they praise the Devil he will give them sex, drugs, and heavy metal when they get to Hell. I guess they are too stupid to get any of those in RL (well except not being able to get drugs is smart in a roundabout way).

Level 8
Even if there was nothing to believe I still think it is mentally healthy to believe in spirit life forms. I mean whats the harm in believing that everything was created by a single being(just take a moment to think about creating something, can't can you?) or the fact that there is something we possibly couldn't fathom ever. I'm not going to push or even state my beliefs cause I don't want to come off as that kind of person.

I'm curious if you have heard of the movie "Paranormal Activity" and if you believe that its actually fake, cause I do believe that people will sell anything in any form possible to make a buck but not this one. I have not seen it but my boss went to see it and told me about it to my beliefs the actions in the movie seem quite logical.

*side note - I'm sorry but this is quite off topic but do you think we are actually smart? Sure we learned from our mistakes but real wisdom I have not seen for a long time every time it occurs it is assassinated.

Level 5
*side note - I'm sorry but this is quite off topic but do you think we are actually smart? Sure we learned from our mistakes but real wisdom I have not seen for a long time every time it occurs it is assassinated.

no no, i said we as human were smart enough to do these brilliant things. and yes its paranormal activity the movie is fake as its a... movie, unless i get a "other" being right in my face... let me stop there. have you ever seen the movie tranformer's? alien robots rampaging the world is totaly logical. im not trying to hurt anyones feelings here, people have killed others becuase of religion, people have killed themselves because of religion, more wars have been fought over religion then for any other reason combined, people lose everything, home, love, and life because of religion. so why believe in anything that takes all but only gives the idea that everything is ok?

Level 8
Again I will go way off topic so this might have to be my last post in this thread or I would start to push my beliefs. But back to do you actually think humans are smart? Look at are "New world order" or the UN, they are quite the toothless lion don't you think? Religion has done nothing, those in the position of authority in religion and governments have done everything or those who can not mentally figure out that 1 life is greater than 0 lives. Depending on what religion we are talking about the figurative "God, Jehovah, Yaiway(however its spelt), Creator" apparently hates violence and "is love" anyone killing in his name is surely wrong imo.

As to the movie part, I was meaning that if demons walk the earth this is some of the things that they do for pleasure and I have heard its suppose to be actual footage or based on true story. But yes it is a movie this is why I always take everything I hear with a grain of salt I have not seen this movie and will not be seeing it any time soon so I was curious.

Imo I think mankind is responsible for all of there wars, hatred, etc and shouldn't be using religion as a scape-goat, but thats what goverment's like to do isn't it.

Level 5
A. i actually agree with that statement. but again i said smart "ENOUGH". oh and i wasnt really being specific on a single religion although this post is about satanism so we can go with that i suppose.
B. the blair witch project was suppose to be actuall footage aparently even though it was more of a college kid hoax.
C. textbook :]

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

@Aschy:

Ok, I'll clear this up once and for all; I am a Satanist. That does not mean I worship the devil. Just like you can be a Christian and not worship God. You accept that it is there, the supreme being.

You know, there's nothing negative about my rules. It all depends on who's reading them, but we are not required to do evil deeds. As for following the words of a fellow man, please .. as if any religion was written by anything else than a man, or several men (or women). It is not I who follow his rules because I have to. I have lived like this before I learned to read. It is not something I have become, I have always been. I did not know before, that this way of living is called Satanism. I did not choose to become a Satanist.

As problematic as it might be, Jehovah's Witnesses do come back, but after that episode, I've never seen the same two blokes again. Before, I've tried to simply ask them to go away, they hesitate, and after a while they're back, hoping I've changed my mind.

--

@crawdaddy029:

I can't see how it is dumb to believe in a supreme being, it's not dumb not to believe in one either. Humans are not equal, everyone cannot agree. Religion has nothing to do with technology, it is a way of living. If you choose to turn the other cheek, that is your religion. It might not have a definition, but everything you do is because it is who you are, and that is your religion. Atheists are what I would define as uncategorized. They have not found people that are like themselves, and thus do not share a religion. You do not need to accept a supreme being.

What is it, that does not make sense in my religion? That people are not equal? That you shouldn't turn the other cheek, but take revenge? That self-preservation is the highest law? That stupidity is a sin?

As for wars, Satanism does not accept unprovoked assaults. Thus we cannot start a war. I don't think any religion actually encourages one to exterminate one another, unless provoked. Eye for an eye (you might call that primitive, but as long as both sides embrace the same theory, it's rather fair). Satanism does not broadcast the idea that everything is going to turn out fine, or is already good.
The war in Iraq, Afghanistan.. World War II - it's not really about religion. USA attacked Afghanistan, because Bin Laden attacked USA, because Bin Laden was provoked by the USA (or hired by the CIA to give USA a reason to attack Afghanistan). Iraq is about Saddam Hussein and oil, not religion, not Muslims. Hitler killed Jews, yes, but not because of their belief, because of who they were as a race. He wanted the world to exist of only one race, the one he considered pure - a race which he was not part of himself. It was a quest for racial cleansing, nothing to do with religion.

--

@Dreadnought[dA]:

You can tell your friends that they are not Satanists. Because they are not. Perhaps they want to believe in the devil, and that after death they will be in hell, but it is not Philosophical Satanism, the religion. What they believe in is the mythological Satanism, where churches are burnt, virgins are raped, you name it. It is NOT the commonly accepted religion Satanism. Perhaps it could fall under the category Diabolism - devil worship.

--

Somewhat of a long post, with replies to a lot, so I might've messed up a bit.

Level 15
great. i'm the author of a satanism thread

crawdaddy029 User*Join Date: Oct 2009Posts: 36 i dont get it, its not the dark ages anymore. its funny, human beings are smart enough to make rockets, advanced mathamatics, computers [and anything computer related], yet still dumb enough to believe in god [or in the case satan].

well i believe in god, to me it's a lifestyle too, as in living by the commandments, it makes you a good person (not implying you can't be a good person without believing in god). Point is, you shouldn't care about a person's religion, just about the person.

Level 8
@ shiiK

Icic I totally messed up satanism with diabolism, my bad, just the name kind was miss leading :p

Point is, you shouldn't care about a person's religion, just about the person.

Exactly as long as there happiness doesn't interfere with mine, and viceversa.

Level 24
Really,would you all let others influence your religion and belief?

The one that said about the religion influences a person,that's true!
I grew up with atheists,imagine that I listen to death metal and blasphemic stuff like that.

I can't be more drawn away from religion,but in the end,being a religious person doesen't mean knowing all the prayers and behaving like a mindless zombie!

I consider that if you are a good person and don't make differences or bad deeds,then you're ok!

And a word of advice,don't choose friends or swap people,because of church differences.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Really,would you all let others influence your religion and belief?

The one that said about the religion influences a person,that's true!
I grew up with atheists,imagine that I listen to death metal and blasphemic stuff like that.

I can't be more drawn away from religion,but in the end,being a religious person doesen't mean knowing all the prayers and behaving like a mindless zombie!

I consider that if you are a good person and don't make differences or bad deeds,then you're ok!

And a word of advice,don't choose friends or swap people,because of church differences.
Woah, hold on.. Death Metal, blasphemy? That's not quite right. Especially not in this thread about Satanism, we embrace Black Metal.. Black Metal was born out of Satanism. Black Metal is the brother of Death Metal. It is only blasphemy if it is meant to oppose a religious belief, or if you are expected to behave within the bounds of a religion. Else everything would be blasphemy, because according to various religions, different things are considered sacred.

Certain differences in religious views are simply not compatible, you can't befriend a member of the opposite belief - imagine a fanatic Diabolist hanging out with a Catholic. It wouldn't work out, because everything they do is the opposite of what the other would do.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

he means the messages it sends out, not the sound.

No no, it's the fucking guitar, it's blasphemy.. Of course he meant the lyric, or subliminal message.. it's not generally blasphemy, because it is seldom a Death Metal band aims to attack a religion. I'd assume it's just as rare as any other music genre. Death Metal has nothing to do with blasphemy. It is a way of playing music.

Level 27
«self-preservation is the highest law!»
HAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaaa....... Seriously? Does it say that? xD
Human beings are smart enough to make rockets, advanced mathamatics, computers [and anything computer related], yet still dumb enough to believe in god.
Pretty much all old civilizations had very advanced mathematics. Hell, the Egyptians had batteries, and probably many other civilizations messed with electricity. The only thing that sets us apart today is that electricity met a scientist a couple hundred years back and he had people around him to tell. I maintain that our brains are the same as our ancestors. They were capable of the same cognitive abilities as we are today, they had just done very little experiments.

Our knowledge is restricted mainly to the Earth, most of which we still know nothing about. New species are found all the time. Of all there is to know, for all our effort, we still know practically nothing. In the context of a human life, we can use a lot of that knowledge, but even still it is highly limited. I will be billions of years yet before humans reach the stage of knowledge you suggest would defeat God. Of course, there are people who hold your view that our knowledge is vast, but still believe in God. What you ought to wonder, is how intelligent people, people more intelligent than you even, can believe in God.

Oh, and it isn't being "dumb" to believe in God. It is "dumb" to think he is proven not to exist or safe to assume as such to the point of thinking the opponent "dumb." It is simple logic that God cannot be proven to not exist. You have to admit that it is logically possible.
people have killed others becuase of religion, people have killed themselves because of religion, more wars have been fought over religion then for any other reason combined, people lose everything, home, love, and life because of religion.
If I replace every instance of "religion," with "money," or better yet, "power," it makes a lot more sense. It also makes the "most war" thing correct.
so why believe in anything that takes all but only gives the idea that everything is ok?
Because our brains are funny like that. There are people, many people, who only hang on by hope. Hope is all they have. If they believe that everything is okay, they have more hope. You could break people by taking away their hope. It's how the brain works. The simple belief that everything is okay is a massive utility.
What is it, that does not make sense in my religion?
You really are serious, huh? Oh no, it makes perfect sense. If you want to be purely mortal.
That you shouldn't turn the other cheek, but take revenge?
The more enemies you have, the better? Eh, maybe. Still, purely mortal aim.
That self-preservation is the highest law?
Let me ask you this: What are you?
That stupidity is a sin?
I can respect the wish of someone to not know something. Why can't you? On the off-chance that this really does mean stupidity and not ignorance, it is practically impossible to be 100% correct. If you are incorrect, it is always because you made a stupid mistake.
Imagine a fanatic Diabolist hanging out with a Catholic. It wouldn't work out, because everything they do is the opposite of what the other would do.
So? Opposites attract.

Level 5
Pretty much all old civilizations had very advanced mathematics. Hell, the Egyptians had batteries, and probably many other civilizations messed with electricity. The only thing that sets us apart today is that electricity met a scientist a couple hundred years back and he had people around him to tell. I maintain that our brains are the same as our ancestors. They were capable of the same cognitive abilities as we are today, they had just done very little experiments.

Our knowledge is restricted mainly to the Earth, most of which we still know nothing about. New species are found all the time. Of all there is to know, for all our effort, we still know practically nothing. In the context of a human life, we can use a lot of that knowledge, but even still it is highly limited. I will be billions of years yet before humans reach the stage of knowledge you suggest would defeat God. Of course, there are people who hold your view that our knowledge is vast, but still believe in God. What you ought to wonder, is how intelligent people, people more intelligent than you even, can believe in God.

Oh, and it isn't being "dumb" to believe in God. It is "dumb" to think he is proven not to exist or safe to assume as such to the point of thinking the opponent "dumb." It is simple logic that God cannot be proven to not exist. You have to admit that it is logically possible.

you know your right. however, this is probably the best phrase i have ever heard anywhere any time from anything or anyone, "imaging what you will know tomarow" from men in black. the fact of the matter is the next person down the line has beliefs forced upon them from when they were born, maybe not everyone but it does happen and you do have to agree with that, the payoff comes from when that person next in line start believing in it as well with the only information provided was word of mouth by man [and as we all know man isnt the most trusted race] hence the dumb enough to believe it.

If I replace every instance of "religion," with "money," or better yet, "power," it makes a lot more sense. It also makes the "most war" thing correct.

money is possesion, peoples greed takes over and they do crazy shit to get everything they ever wanted so yes money replacing religion makes more sence

power is control of everything, people want the power to tell others what to do and they are fearful enough to do it so yes replacing power replacing religion makes more sence

religion is divine, its spiritual, in most cases its to teach people right from wrong, so yes religion in every instance i said does not make any sence at all, so why does it happen???

Because our brains are funny like that. There are people, many people, who only hang on by hope. Hope is all they have. If they believe that everything is okay, they have more hope. You could break people by taking away their hope. It's how the brain works. The simple belief that everything is okay is a massive utility.

let me tell you a story. back on 9/11/2001 i had just got out of school for my job in the navy in virginia. i was sitting at home in ohio when it happened. at the time i lived next to wright pat AFB so of course that place went all to shit there. my mom was pulling out of the driveway when all of a sudden "BOOOOM". i was standing outside when she pulled back intto the driveway and i have never ever seen the look of death in anyone that she gave when she heard the noise, so of course her first reaction was "I dont wana die". me on the other hand was looking around like "what the hell was that noise" not really caring wether it was a bomb or a blown tranformer. later to find out it was actually 2 f-16s from the base breaking the sound bearier [most people dont know what it sounds like because jets arent allowed to do it over U.S. soil unless of an emergency]. hell now im ready to go to war, didnt care wether i lived or died just wanted to kill some rag heads. today is a different story. my parents have been attending church non-stop and are all into it. talks about the end of days is coming and shes ready to go now basically meaning not afraid to die anymore. so now after all that does this mean people who have hope are weak because they have to use hope as a cruch in order to no longer fear death [or anything] to where people who dont have hope could give a shit?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

HAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaaa....... Seriously? Does it say that? xD

You really are serious, huh? Oh no, it makes perfect sense. If you want to be purely mortal.

The more enemies you have, the better? Eh, maybe. Still, purely mortal aim.

Let me ask you this: What are you?

I can respect the wish of someone to not know something. Why can't you? On the off-chance that this really does mean stupidity and not ignorance, it is practically impossible to be 100% correct. If you are incorrect, it is always because you made a stupid mistake.

So? Opposites attract.

Yes, it does say that self-preservation is the highest law, most religions deny you basic instinct, we are meant to preserve ourselves. Take care of yourself, don't expect some holy spirit to do it for you.

Of course I want to be purely mortal, what else?

It's not like I seek to make enemies, though if I am attacked I fight back, self-preservation. People make themselves enemies, for what other purpose than to make an enemy would you attack someone?

I am me. A person of free will, responsible for myself, an individual. From Satanism : The Feared Religion :
Peter H. Gilmore - leader of the Church of Satan said:
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice.

A Satanist cannot perform stupidity, I do not mind if you are acting stupid.
The Nine Satanic Sins said:
1. Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
2. Pretentiousness — Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. This is on equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
3. Solipsism — Projecting your reactions, responses, and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are can be very dangerous for Satanists. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us, and requires constant vigilance, lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As it has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
4. Self-deceit — It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements”, but deserves to be repeated here. It is another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
5. Herd Conformity — That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely, instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
6. Lack of perspective — Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints: Know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies — Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
8. Counterproductive Pride — That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: If it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, "I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow," then do it.
9. Lack of Aesthetics — This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time, so they are discouraged in a consumer society; but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing: It’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

Opposites also separate. If you go right and your friend goes left? Living with something completely opposite would be exhausting. Everything you want to do, your partner does not want to do. Better yet, not even allowed to. You would no longer be an atheist if you accept God as an external supreme being because your girlfriend is Christian. You would then be an agnostic. When everything you talk about results in opposite opinions, you will always argue. Yes, opposites attracts, but only to a certain extent.

Level 27
"imaging what you will know tomarow"
You have to say it properly. :mad:
Imagine what you'll know, tomorrow.
When they were born,
At that point you are only stating the gullibility of children. No matter what happens, children will still have to learn. This aspect wont go away no matter how much time passes.
why does it happen???
Er, you lost me. Why does what happen?
Of course I want to be purely mortal, what else?
Well, most religions promise some sort of immortality. It seems to me like Satanism tries to be mortal in every way.
If I am attacked I fight back, self-preservation.
That isn't self preservation. Self preservation would be to try to stop the fight, or run from it, or otherwise go a safer route than to make a bad situation worse. Giving up and fighting back are not the only two options.
For what other purpose than to make an enemy would you attack someone?
Being angry. Or drunk. Or otherwise being temporarily more stupid.
A Satanist cannot perform stupidity.
I wouldn't call it stupidity, that is misleading. I'd call it blind acceptance. I still wouldn't call that a sin, outside of there being a Satanist definition of sin.
If you go right and your friend goes left?
Depends. Are they on my left or right?
Living with something completely opposite would be exhausting.
Maybe. But friends don't usually live together.
Partner, girlfriend.
Being more than friends, however, yeah, you might say people with opposite beliefs will have a tough time.
When everything you talk about results in opposite opinions, you will always argue.
Don't all couples? :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, most religions promise some sort of immortality. It seems to me like Satanism tries to be mortal in every way.

Aye, we also succeed in being mortal.

That isn't self preservation. Self preservation would be to try to stop the fight, or run from it, or otherwise go a safer route than to make a bad situation worse. Giving up and fighting back are not the only two options.

The fastest way to stop a fight is to end it. To run is giving up. The safer route would be to always stay inside somewhere there are no burglars. I take care of myself when I let the attacker know I am not going to accept this. That is self-preservation. How good a solution it is depends on the reaction of the other - if he'd be a Satanist like me it would probably end right there. There's always, of course, the element of knowing the situation and not putting yourself in unnecessary danger - goes under stupidity.

Being angry. Or drunk. Or otherwise being temporarily more stupid.

In that state you are still trying to make an enemy, even if your conscious self wouldn't have done so. Though it's not like I hold grudge for a fight at the pub. Once again, knowing the situation.

I wouldn't call it stupidity, that is misleading. I'd call it blind acceptance. I still wouldn't call that a sin, outside of there being a Satanist definition of sin.

Sure, but you are not a Satanist either. I wouldn't call Lust a sin, but I am no Catholic.

Depends. Are they on my left or right?

You know what I mean, you part ways, separate, the obvious argument against attraction.

Maybe. But friends don't usually live together.

Being more than friends, however, yeah, you might say people with opposite beliefs will have a tough time.

Don't all couples? :p

I don't know you, so I can't judge that, but personally, a friendship with a Muslim (for example.. I've used Catholics and Christians so much already) would not last me long, simply because their culture is so different from mine. I get along the best with friends that are like me (not necessarily Satanists). I don't mind other religions, and I don't ask people I meet what they believe in, neither do I advertise my own religion to them. Though after a while you realize that most of the things you'd like to do when you're with him/her won't work because he/she can't do that.

You don't disagree with everything, that's why people divorce - they disagree too much. It should be a balance. People that agree on everything probably end up with a divorce sometime too, because it's boring.

Some people enjoy arguing (I mean, fighting over a topic - it's red, no it's yellow) .. others don't. If you've met somebody who never agrees with you, simply because he needs to argue - anything you say, he will disagree on, even if it's not the point you were making he disagrees on, but they way you pronounced a word, or a sentence that didn't really matter mentioned something eh didn't agree on - you'll know what I mean. This sort of arguing just makes you enraged, it does not have a bitter after-taste, you'll end up giving him a dripping nose, and that's it.. so much for the fun. One part had fun until he started bleeding, the other part didn't have any fun at all, and wasted three hours trying to turn the other part to accept that an eagle has wings (the other part argued that an eagle might break his wings or even lose them, if someone or something cut them off).

Level 12
@ the Paranormal Activity discussion, it was not real, nor based off a real story. It was a movie made by two no-body actors, in the directors house, and they only used around $11k-15k to make the movie. It's a movie, one of fiction, their intention was to scare their audiences, and it succeeded, but to call it real or even think it's real is stupid.

Level 27
Aye, we also succeed in being mortal.
Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess. I just find it funny to choose complete mortality when immortality is so readily available.

You didn't answer my question. In your own words, what are you?
I take care of myself when I let the attacker know I am not going to accept this.
Not necessarily. There are people who do stuff that harms others because they know they wont fight back, but I don't think it is all that common. I don't think fighting back is all that reliable to ending a fight faster. I'm not going to see the logic is conflict being safer than peace.
Though it's not like I hold grudge for a fight at the pub.
Not for someone you already know, but if that fight was your first encounter with someone, wouldn't all your knowledge of them point to them being hostile towards you? Though probably not your archenemy, your entire experience with them puts them as an enemy, if anything. Isn't is Satanist practice to attack your enemies?
I wouldn't call Lust a sin, but I am no Catholic.
Personally, I'd call it a Catholic sin. ;)
Personally, a friendship with a Muslim (for example.. I've used Catholics and Christians so much already) would not last me long, simply because their culture is so different from mine.
That's more a cultural thing than a religious thing. Muslims can and do subscribe to multiple cultures.
Though after a while you realize that most of the things you'd like to do when you're with him/her won't work because he/she can't do that.
Most religions don't dictate most things. Generally, a religion gives a sort of guideline for behavior, but doesn't give a complete list of everything that you can or can not do. Take your own religion for example: Does your religion forbid you from doing whatever with your friends?

I'm guessing not, because then you wouldn't subscribe to it. :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess. I just find it funny to choose complete mortality when immortality is so readily available.

Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, everything about immortality disgusts me.

You didn't answer my question. In your own words, what are you?

I am not sure what sort of answer you expect, but I already told you in my own words that I am simply an individual, responsible for myself.

Not necessarily. There are people who do stuff that harms others because they know they wont fight back, but I don't think it is all that common. I don't think fighting back is all that reliable to ending a fight faster. I'm not going to see the logic is conflict being safer than peace.

You have to state an example, you don't have to beat him all up and send him to a hospital, only to have his friends knocking at the door a few hours later, with baseball bats.

Not for someone you already know, but if that fight was your first encounter with someone, wouldn't all your knowledge of them point to them being hostile towards you? Though probably not your archenemy, your entire experience with them puts them as an enemy, if anything. Isn't is Satanist practice to attack your enemies?

At a late Friday night, pretty much everyone are drunk, I know that, and I know being drunk. I don't make enemies when either me or the attacker is drunk. Sure he was hostile, but hell, he was drunk. I will probably never meet him again either, so what's the big idea?

Personally, I'd call it a Catholic sin. ;)

Sure, and stupidity is a Satanic sin. I can't see why that's so hard to digest.

That's more a cultural thing than a religious thing. Muslims can and do subscribe to multiple cultures.

Muslims have traditions, and very strict rules, originating from their religion. That is what forms their culture, they are a very religious community.

Most religions don't dictate most things. Generally, a religion gives a sort of guideline for behavior, but doesn't give a complete list of everything that you can or can not do. Take your own religion for example: Does your religion forbid you from doing whatever with your friends?

I'm guessing not, because then you wouldn't subscribe to it. :p

Satanism has a lot of rules as to what you generally may not do, not specifically you may not play football (just picking an example), but you may not do something that results in you being whatever. However, I've always lived like this, and all my friends have become my friends because they are suited to live with me. I basically have no super-religious friends, no Catholics, no Muslims, no Jews, no Jehovahs, none.. they are either atheists, Satanists, haven't quite decided or they don't take their religion very seriously. Therefore I am not familiar with the barriers Satanism sets for me.

Edit: I do have Hindu friends, and Buddhists as well, but once again, they are not very serious about it, and I find a lot of their beliefs similar to mine - except for their Gods and reincarnation. Satanism practises a more instant version of karma, easily recognizable as eye for an eye - you do something wrong to me, a Buddhist would know that your karma would be affected, I would make sure you know it was wrong, instantly. I also have a few acquaintances that are Catholic, and Christian. Generally, most of Norway is Protestant Christians - because either you are or you have signed yourself out. You are born Christian in Norway. (At least you were before, but they might've changed the system now, finally). Anyhow, I am striding off topic.

Level 24
No no, it's the fucking guitar, it's blasphemy.. Of course he meant the lyric, or subliminal message.. it's not generally blasphemy, because it is seldom a Death Metal band aims to attack a religion. I'd assume it's just as rare as any other music genre. Death Metal has nothing to do with blasphemy. It is a way of playing music.

I don't know why music is involved in this?

Some black metal dudes tryed to spread their satanic ways and people blamed it on the music!

It was pure coincidence that they were listening/singing in metal bands with a wrong message!
Hypocrites do that all the time,they mistake the obvious facts and blame on the ''victim'' facts!

And for satanism,I don't find satanism as being a sort of cult or a religious-style. I find satanism as being the self-worship,as satan (not writing his name in capital letter,for a reason) is the devil that represents avarice,selfishness!

It means you ,somehow,represent him.

I googled - eponim Satan - resulted that in many languages it means : evil,rebel,to atack,to be hostile,to accuse!
It doesen't mean bringing sacrifices or worshiping graves in the name of the horned devil,that's stupid,it's weak minded!

Religion is a difficult ,delicate subject,we must not tackle :xxd:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Black Metal was born out of Norwegian Satanists, which is why it is commonly associated. Although Black Metal also have relations to diabolism, so Black Metal is not purely Satanism in musical form.

Aye, we worship ourselves, if anything, Satan is within us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Yeah, a lot of misunderstanding is going on here. Satanism is the worship of one's self, not a deity. If anything they are agnostic or atheist, but with a different philophosy outlook then an agnostic or atheist would have. I just met another Satanist and she enlightened me about her perspective on it, and it basically makes me a Satanist, which I've been calling myself Atheist all these years.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, a lot of misunderstanding is going on here. Satanism is the worship of one's self, not a deity. If anything they are agnostic or atheist, but with a different philophosy outlook then an agnostic or atheist would have. I just met another Satanist and she enlightened me about her perspective on it, and it basically makes me a Satanist, which I've been calling myself Atheist all these years.

Welcome, I called myself an Atheist before I realized what I was as well.

Level 27
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural.
I wasn't speaking about the supernatural. Plant a tree, write a book, invent something, leave a mark. I know a few Egyptian kings who would love to tell you about immortality. Well, I don't know them personally, but they can hardly be called dead in their current state.
I already told you.
Ah. I see it now. <_<
So what's the big idea?
It just seemed like a natural consequence of attacking your enemies.
Sure, and stupidity is a Satanic sin. I can't see why that's so hard to digest.
You didn't prefix "Satanic" in your original post, so it could easily give people with a preexisting definition of sin the wrong idea. :p
Muslims have traditions, and very strict rules, originating from their religion.
Some things are strict, but it is very flexible. I'm pretty sure being flexible is even talked about in the Qur'an.
Yeah, a lot of misunderstanding is going on here.
Hehehe, not really. You should have seen the last thread about it. Now that was people misunderstanding. :p

I am simply an individual, responsible for myself.
Yeah, well, I hate to say it, but I am something far greater than you could ever be.

You see, I am a member of humanity.
I am a part of a community.
I am a part of a system.
I am a cog in a clock in the making.
I am a sentence in a book.
I am a single cell in a vast multicellular organism.
I am a part of an immortal being.

To attack my "enemies" would be to fracture the community, to run in reverse to the system, to decrease the accuracy of the clock, to lessen the value of the book by some trivial amount or to obscure the entire plot even, to weaken the vast organism, as if your cells were to destroy each other. Such an act could be said to be an affront to humanity. Given enough force, you could kill the immortal.

Is this pure rhetoric? I must admit, that is what I had planned on writing, but it seems to be to be accurate. To demonstrate, I propose an experiment: Live without the rest of the cells in the body. Build your own house, make your own clothes, find your own sustenance. Oh, and to top it all off, learn everything on your own. For bonus points, try leaving a mark on the world before you die.

There is a reason a lot of religions practice peace and love and forgiveness and whatnot. When two people live together, they are not living separate lives. Satanism only sees through one eye; it only sees one side of the benefit, it doesn't realize the whole mutual benefit. It cannot realize immortality in any form. The practices and philosophy aim for a purely mortal individual.

Though, I guess there's nothing really wrong with having an appendix.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I wasn't speaking about the supernatural. Plant a tree, write a book, invent something, leave a mark. I know a few Egyptian kings who would love to tell you about immortality. Well, I don't know them personally, but they can hardly be called dead in their current state.

Yeah, well, I hate to say it, but I am something far greater than you could ever be.

You see, I am a member of humanity.
I am a part of a community.
I am a part of a system.
I am a cog in a clock in the making.
I am a sentence in a book.
I am a single cell in a vast multicellular organism.
I am a part of an immortal being.

To attack my "enemies" would be to fracture the community, to run in reverse to the system, to decrease the accuracy of the clock, to lessen the value of the book by some trivial amount or to obscure the entire plot even, to weaken the vast organism, as if your cells were to destroy each other. Such an act could be said to be an affront to humanity. Given enough force, you could kill the immortal.

Is this pure rhetoric? I must admit, that is what I had planned on writing, but it seems to be to be accurate. To demonstrate, I propose an experiment: Live without the rest of the cells in the body. Build your own house, make your own clothes, find your own sustenance. Oh, and to top it all off, learn everything on your own. For bonus points, try leaving a mark on the world before you die.

There is a reason a lot of religions practice peace and love and forgiveness and whatnot. When two people live together, they are not living separate lives. Satanism only sees through one eye; it only sees one side of the benefit, it doesn't realize the whole mutual benefit. It cannot realize immortality in any form. The practices and philosophy aim for a purely mortal individual.

Though, I guess there's nothing really wrong with having an appendix.

Okay, I just don't see what the hell that singular cell has to do with anything, but I guess your belief has to do with science, so I won't bring that any further. The rest of your 'quests' are pretty simple, build your own house, make your own clothes, gathering your own food, learning everything yourself (I'll assume you mean by not attending schools and Universities - or having a mentor etc) and leaving a mark on the world. That would indeed be my preferred life, as long as there were others like me - because, although we do not frontally practise love and peace, we have love for those who love us, we are a reflective (or reactive one might rather say) community, we do to others as they do unto us.

The only real difference, between you and I (as per this definition) is that I put myself in front of everything, whilst you put yourself behind the community (there are very few that do as you [despite what religion says], it's either themselves, or their God, which both would mean myself for a Satanist). You care about everyone else before yourself, I care about myself, and then about those I believe deserve to be cared about. I can freely choose how I want to be, how I behave (as long as I do not commit sins, it is no Satanic sin to love, as long as you are not being used, and even then, it is your interpretation of benefit that really determines if it is a sin or not .. if there's nothing in it for me, then it is a sin to do it) - I can put the community in front of myself, as long as I am confident they would do me the same honour. I admire your point of view, but I have no faith in it lasting - some day the community will take from you something you care about, and you'll lock the community out - eventually you'll turn out a Satanist, if only for a brief while, or a similar religion/belief/philosophy that put yourself in charge. I am not implying it did to me, it just seems the best argument against your point of view.

As for who makes the longest sentence in a book of life, it is only there to see afterwards. Though I am the one of us, who makes the biggest difference, because you simply meld yourself with everyone, it is as if you see yourself as everyone, and that your neighbour is you.

Level 12
Okay, I just don't see what the hell that singular cell has to do with anything, but I guess your belief has to do with science, so I won't bring that any further. The rest of your 'quests' are pretty simple, build your own house, make your own clothes, gathering your own food, learning everything yourself (I'll assume you mean by not attending schools and Universities - or having a mentor etc) and leaving a mark on the world. That would indeed be my preferred life, as long as there were others like me - because, although we do not frontally practise love and peace, we have love for those who love us, we are a reflective (or reactive one might rather say) community, we do to others as they do unto us.

The only real difference, between you and I (as per this definition) is that I put myself in front of everything, whilst you put yourself behind the community (there are very few that do as you [despite what religion says], it's either themselves, or their God, which both would mean myself for a Satanist). You care about everyone else before yourself, I care about myself, and then about those I believe deserve to be cared about. I can freely choose how I want to be, how I behave (as long as I do not commit sins, it is no Satanic sin to love, as long as you are not being used, and even then, it is your interpretation of benefit that really determines if it is a sin or not .. if there's nothing in it for me, then it is a sin to do it) - I can put the community in front of myself, as long as I am confident they would do me the same honour. I admire your point of view, but I have no faith in it lasting - some day the community will take from you something you care about, and you'll lock the community out - eventually you'll turn out a Satanist, if only for a brief while, or a similar religion/belief/philosophy that put yourself in charge. I am not implying it did to me, it just seems the best argument against your point of view.

As for who makes the longest sentence in a book of life, it is only there to see afterwards. Though I am the one of us, who makes the biggest difference, because you simply meld yourself with everyone, it is as if you see yourself as everyone, and that your neighbour is you.

So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.