• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Replaying the true story on hard atm, expect some form of fixes and changes when I actually get done so I can show Shar.

Edit:
Probably my best damn hard Kome run in years.
WC3ScrnShot_050822_181535_11.png

WC3ScrnShot_050822_182528_16.png
Money money money, still got a while to go yet but it's progressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
just some questions.
-will there be a separate website for this project?
-will you also do faction highlights for other factions like the rest of the tribal dominion similar to what you did for golden guard 2.0 and redfist?

Level 8
Hello again, here I come back after a while and I see everything that has happened in Arkain, in another time I will write about act 4 and 5.
For now I like the direction that the story is taking, not to belittle the previous campaigns, but Shar you have improved a lot the narrative of your story, now things seem to move forward in a more natural and coherent way, although it seems that some characters that I saw some more history after the Second Books are going to die or already died (Lerrig, Sas and Blenn... I know :peasant-i-object:... I have very questionable tastes).
I don't remember if it was last year or the year before (I have more time on Hive than I thought.... ), but I had suggested spider archer riders for the Darkmind, although for now it seems that it is not by an alliance between Rath and the spider queen of the optional mission (When you rescue the Darkmind), I see that through the new character if you can get to appear the spider archer rider, I know I should not anticipate the facts, but I think Shar liked the idea at the time since he gave me a like at that time, so according to me the chances are higher, how high ...? I don't know, I'll have to ask Shar:peasant-thinking:.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-will there be a separate website for this project?
There are currently no plans for such a thing.
For the time being I will stick to this sub-forum of the Hive Workshop.
-will you also do faction highlights for other factions like the rest of the tribal dominion similar to what you did for golden guard 2.0 and redfist?
Maybe.
Hello again, here I come back after a while and I see everything that has happened in Arkain, in another time I will write about act 4 and 5.
For now I like the direction that the story is taking, not to belittle the previous campaigns, but Shar you have improved a lot the narrative of your story, now things seem to move forward in a more natural and coherent way, although it seems that some characters that I saw some more history after the Second Books are going to die or already died (Lerrig, Sas and Blenn... I know :peasant-i-object:... I have very questionable tastes).
Been a while, welcome back to the fold!
Happy to hear. :)
I don't remember if it was last year or the year before (I have more time on Hive than I thought.... ), but I had suggested spider archer riders for the Darkmind, although for now it seems that it is not by an alliance between Rath and the spider queen of the optional mission (When you rescue the Darkmind), I see that through the new character if you can get to appear the spider archer rider, I know I should not anticipate the facts, but I think Shar liked the idea at the time since he gave me a like at that time, so according to me the chances are higher, how high ...? I don't know, I'll have to ask Shar:peasant-thinking:.
Hive still doesn't provide a fitting model for it I am afraid.
Personally I feel that spiders are more fitting to Inara than spider riders would be however so I don't
really mind that.

Level 8
Well, I finished the new mission, I liked the great battle, so I will make a brief summary.
It was a good mission, with a good ability to create armies without bases.
Actually the first part of the mission is moderately easy, since you can get gold fairly quickly, the important thing is to keep an eye on the heroines, apart from the fact that it lacks wizards with micro, so the use of heroes is much easier and fluid.
The second part of the mission depends more on positioning and moving in time, for armies this big you have to take advantage of the bottlenecks and both tanks, also take advantage of Cora's spells, since you lack ranged troops with area attack.
And finally... Whitefield... You are the only real honorable person in all of Arkain.... Unfortunately we all already know the future of Arkain... So I don't think anyone else in the future will have high morality.

Level 9
Hi, I'm currently playing through the First Orc Book, and while reading through the choices on the Wiki to refresh my knowledge, I encountered a weird mistake.
Apparently, it says that you need 6 or less negativity points for Vanessa to join the orcs, while you need 6 or more for her to join Redfist.
So, uhm... what happens if you got exactly 6 negativity points? The two paragraphs that would describe it kind of cancel each other out :huh:
1657762407691.png

Level 27
I vaguely remember that during my playthrough, I got the choice to pick between the two in the Interlude, so maybe that's what happen if you get exactly 6? May just be Mandela effect though, since it's been too long.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
This is a short notice from us about an issue reported by several people. It's a known issue for now, just letting you guys know until it can be fixed.

For Lord of Shadows there is currently an issue when wiping out the Toranite Elite Guard, there is a significant delay from the objective completing and the mid mission cinematic actually playing, no the mission isn't broken but there is a seemingly forty second to one minute delay. If you destroy their small amount of buildings before wiping out the Toranite Elite Guard the cinematic will come up normally after completing the objective.

Level 7
Usable Thanok and Ephrog when? I really like the design of Thanok and the lieutenant. Please let me use them
And I really hope to see destroyer alive until the Tribal Dominion is formed.
Man how you will fit all the units in the tribal dominion if pigmen and murlocs are to be added?

Last edited:
Level 27
Here's my totally serious tier list.

Screenshot_20220729-054433~2.png

Oh damn. It looks like my weirdly shiny amulet is making me do some strange things again. I'll upload the actual one this time.

Screenshot_20220729-053329~3.png

Anyway, tier explanation for those who are curious.
  • Godly: Characters that I love, in design, in gameplay, and everything in between. Borean got a special spot there, because of obvious reasons.
  • Very good: Characters that are not perfect, but I can still see myself enjoying their presence, or even hanging out with them.
  • Good: Mostly characters that are entertaining, hence Rath and Redfist.
  • Pretty good: Good characters, but not good enough for the upper tiers because personal bias. Mostly reserved for schemers like Baldgoth, Pentiss, etc,...
  • Okay: Characters that help move the plot in some way, but are meh to me.
  • Can't judge yet: Mainly due to the lack of screentime, and the fact that I feel like some will have more character development in True Story compared to Second Books.
  • Bad: Self-explanatory.
  • The Unholy Trio of Stinky Poo-Poo: Also self-explanatory.

Here is my new tier list:
View attachment 404380

And my man Aridon is on F tier. That's harsh.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Arkain Tier List.PNG

Here is my Arkain character tier list. Some of the rankings might be odd (one example is that characters such as Sasrogarn and Sir Lerrig, who are mocked by fans for their cowardice and incompetence, were placed above the more well-received characters such as Gardon and Maronogin), but these are my preferences.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Some very interesting lists so far!
Would love to read some "reasoning" behind the picks but of course nobody has to justify themselves.

above the more well-received characters such as Gardon and Maronogin
While I don't think Maronogin has reached the popularity of the likes of Gardon, I will admit I did not expect Jadira to be that much higher on your list than him.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Would love to read some "reasoning" behind the picks but of course nobody has to justify themselves.

While I don't think Maronogin has reached the popularity of the likes of Gardon, I will admit I did not expect Jadira to be that much higher on your list than him.
For me there's something quite likeable about Jadira and it didn't feel right putting her either into The Unwanted tier or Neutral tier.

As for Maronogin, I won't be commenting too much on him and perhaps I might rate him higher in the future, but so far he is in the bottom tier. My opinion on some characters tends to fluctuate from time to time (earlier on I would have put the Destroyer into The Right-Hand territory, while Duke Redfist would have been either on The Right-Hand or The Honor tier).

Level 17

Originally, in my case, Corrupted Aedale was in the F position of the list. However, after see her development during the true story (As well that she is not crazy for no reasons but for tries to prove herself), she ascended.
Another example is General Blen. He was in E but his story changed and he became a little more interesting (Most for his conflict with Zoia Blackwolf)
In case for the new characters. Hortnog hasn't need an reason, the dude is awesome, charming, a business man and gives a fresh air after saw stubborn orcs like Rath and Destroyer (Sorry for those who like the "old ways").
I could say more, but I don't want to bored anyone jaja.

Level 17
I finished the "The Orders of Elements" story.

-I'm agreed with Harmos. Humanity made a lot of mistakes that they were forced to side with Bloodclaw to end the demons invasion. Sadly it was choose an evil or another... not much of a choice if you ask me.
-The fact that the orders had a main leader that unites them against evil is something impressive. However, once the cat is out, the mouses do their doing...
-So the orders were old Zyainor's enemies. Perhaps Bloodclaw and his lackeys knew about this so that is why they want them in their side: to subjugate them. That is perhaps why the order of lightning is treated like trash, or at least that is the impression I had after readed it.
-So, from the seven elemental orders, two are gone for good, two sided with Bloodclaw, two remain with the kingdoms, and the status of the last is unknown. I'm pretty sure the dominion did something with the arcane order. Probably Amari left the order with the condition that they would accept other races to join it. Races like the Ogres, dark trolls and even Gnolls would be fascinating with this power. Not sure about the Centaurs since they were hunted and attacked with this same power.

Level 24
1659134368695.png

Salana: From the first book to now. She has done everything right. The problem with her is Gardon messing with her mind.

Horgar: Although he has not appeared much. Whenever the dwarfs appear, the story takes on another setting and I never know what will happen to them. Always interesting.

Aveen: I love that she's able to get close to Gardon, knowing full well that he won't hurt her. Unlike everyone else who is like 2 meters away from big guy. I like to imagine that she sees him as a giant beast and she is his trainer. I wouldn't be surprised if she patted him on the head saying "good boy Thero" and Gardon would just put up with that.

Flamedus: It's a centaur that can use fire...need I say more?

Thankok: He is a contradiction. He intrigues me a lot because he is a dragon that I guess doesn't like mortals, BUT he obeys Gardon without question. He likes war and discipline to the point that his recruits fear him...I can only imagine what he did to the elves to "train" them.

Haram: I like spiders… always making webs and stuff.

Tremalon: An undead minotaur, who sings prophecies of the death, dismemberment and torture of his enemies every time he goes to fight? Yes please.

Maronogin: It's the living proof that monocles make you look more evil.

Borean: It's a bear… period.

Mordin: Didn't I say that dwarfs have interesting stories? Forced to kill his own people against his will... EPIC!

Zarin: He tries to avenge his dead brother, who in turn, is killing his dwarf brothers... Hammerfall CLASH!

Orgen: The first time I saw him I said... this guy F!"# whoever is in his sights. The F!"# depends if he finds it cute.

Claire: Thanok considers her... she is special.

Zairmak: His skills have saved my butt one too many times.

Vanessa: Her progressive view into the future, was the only thing out of the ordinary within the orcs for a long time.

Inara: I saw her as a victim first, living through the worst things possible... only to return with spiders at her command. GLORIOUS!

Selior: The mission where his memories are seen and the envy that he managed to contain, by sheer will. It turns him into the paladin who should have survived. Besides that everyone loves him, compared to Blen, who some want to kill or worse.

Praxeus: “The Holy Bastion” was all that aI need.

Gran: He's a dog... I don't need anything else.

Level 24
1659139529031.png

Aedele: At first I thought it would be the typical princess in love with the typical hero who rescued her. But now that the path of demonic magic is real and what she did to Cheveran... she will rock your world.

Amari: The most woke orc I've ever seen. She is so woke that she treats furries with respect.

Cora: I loved what she did for her sister in the last episode. 5 stars.

Grofzaq: He will also rock your world… literally. His golems are great and he knows that the bears must be helped.

Tormin, Herdon and Ferdal: The Bee Gees de LoA

Brockta: I like to see an intelligent cyclop/ogre. They are always personified as stupid brutes.

Zoia: Any girl with black lips who can tear me apart with trained wolves and werewolves... is my kind of girl. I learned to appreciate more for the "attempt" to kill Blen. I don't know if that's a misunderstanding or if she's messing with his mind.

Dorbric: He is practically Aldebaran of Taurus, from Saint seiya... my favorite knight.

Kazardius: He can summon an undead dragón.

Kenos: He looks like he's wearing an iron maiden for armor... hot shit. Also, he had that anime fight with Zairmak.

Larine: Even though I prefer Salana as the leader of the elves. She is also interesting because of the theme of her exile. That always caught my attention about her. An axilized elf is always a rare thing in fantasy.

Merlon:

Rahandir: His attitude is so pedantic that it is almost sympathetic. He acts like he already knows it's all in vain.

Bonelords: They make me think of this

Gardon: I love him and hate him in equal parts... but his model puts him on top. I just hope his desire for justice for humanity blows up in his face… also I love Zeb.

Shapira: I thought she would be the Sylvanas of LoA but she has been a silent character, who watches and asks as if she were alive... I think she has something to show in the future.

Destroyer: His new line of argument made me appreciate it. He has a great importance in the plot of the orcs and he is not even a hero.

Redfist: He is so bad, it becomes comical. Also because thanks to him, we have many of the important women of the humans and orcs.

Vail: She doesn’t give a F… cool.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Faction Tier List.PNG

I decided to make Arkain Faction tier list. These are my rankings and preferences.

Comments:

Cliffhunter Clan:
My favorite of the orc clans, having two characters that I root for the most (Amari and Okri). The only downside is that this clan has only two unique units (Huntress and female Shaman) and they deserve to have more, but this is due to a lack of female orcs models and Shar is working with what he has.

Ironthunder Clan: My second favorite orc clan. I had already talked about this in a post about Lokar the Crusher that I wrote for "Characters of Arkain" thread, but I feel that this clan should get much more attention and spotlight than they do now.

Blackrazor Clan: Initially, I was neutral towards this clan, but after introduction of Ishzog, his personality, his interactions with the Destroyer and Vanessa, and his connections with Amari, Blackrazor Clan became one of my favorite factions in the Arkain series. They have units with a rather intimidating names, such as Ripper, Heartearter and Razorhound. I can imagine Ishzog's followers as a group of "cultured savages" and/or being slightly similar to Conan the Barbarian.

The Centaurs: A very peaceful and sympathetic race, who suffered a lot under the hands of Humans. I have a soft spot for them, and, along with the Ogres, they are my favorite Tribal Dominion race.

The Gnolls: While the aforementioned orc clans, Centaurs and especially Ogres take precedence, I can appreciate the Gnolls and their presence, and I always feel inclined to give them a high rank. I would like to see more of them in the future, along with the Bearmen. The harpies are also a nice addition.

Mogthar Clans: I loved the Chaos Orcs in the original Warcraft III (also known as the Fel Orcs from Frozen Throne and onwards), thus seeing a red-skinned orc faction in the First Orc Book was really cool (I am not sure if Mogthar are a different breed of orcs or a separate race entirely, but shares a connection with the orcish kind). Their role in the Second Books was what established them as one my favorites. As one of Largoth's servants, they played a role in some of the darkest moments from the Second Human Book (the Red Night chapter, particularly if the player made Aedale consume both artifacts and chose to spare Duke Redfist, who was killed anyway because Lisara's hold on Aedale was too strong, as well as the bad ending of Golden Guard path, which was extremely unpleasant for me). The scene from Second Orc Book, where Krogar the Conqueror talked about the master requiring their presence elsewhere also had an ominous feeling. Aridon's line about Mogthar becoming the Dark One's thralls was also a notable moment when I was watching the Second Orc Book epilogue. They, Krogath and his followers at least, are a dark and sinister foe, while their connection with the Orcs is also a very intriguing question. The one downside to them is that they could be taken down easily (the end of Secret Chapter from the Second Orc Book indicates that the Redfist will proceed to hunt them, something they may succeed in, while the Official Arkain Timeline, though it is considered outdated by Shar, if I remember correctly, states that the Undead destroyed all the Moghtar marauders in Salria). I think that the Mogthar should be a more long-lasting and looming threat. The Deathbreeze Clan and the Ogres defeated them, but the Mogthar should be out there somewhere, even after the defeat of Redfist and the Bonelords. Perhaps they aren't meant to be that important as a faction, but they left an impression on me and it makes me want to see them play a larger role.

Daric's Mercenaries: My favorite human faction. Has one of my favorite characters (Logan the Skirmisher) and a respectable, professional leader (Commander Daric). While I am more neutral towards Cassius the Red, I liked his lines of dialogue in the "Rescue" chapter. The same goes for Taray the Guardian of Lightning, as I found him to be a sympathetic character.

The Boar Regiment: My second favorite human faction and my favorite of the Imperial Regiments. I like their motif, their units look cool and their leader, General Tarm Luthran, drew my interest. He has a badass model and looks like a dangerous hunter, yet, in my opinion at least, represents some of the Empire's worst traits (considering the Kingdoms as nothing more than colonies and the property of the Empire, which I am sure is a stance that Rodan has towards the Kingdoms; Tarm Luthran and his men are mercilessly hunting down the non-humans and "beast races", which might include the Bearman, who are peaceful and innocent, showing the Empire's xenophobia, racism and disdain towards anyone who isn't a human, dwarf or an elf). I can imagine Tarm Luthram having a similar personality to that of Lord Garithos, though not antagonistic towards elves and dwarves. One of my theories is that Tarm Luthram might actually be Okri's biological father, which, given what exactly happened to Okri's mother, would make him quite a despicable scumbag that deserves to be killed. In my Arkain chapter idea he would try to kill Lokar and Borean in a sneak attack, maybe even pretending to ask them for mercy beforehand, showing how nasty he could be. So in short, the Boar Regiment is a tough regiment, with their leader being loyal to the empire, cordial towards elves and dwarves, arrogant and condescending towards the Kingdoms, and vile towards the non-human races.

The Deathbreeze Clan: The leading orc clan. Even though I prefer Cliffhunter, Ironthunder and Blackrazor Clans, as well as the Tribal Dominion races, and my feelings towards the Deathbreeze Clan are more indifferent in comparison (not counting the individuals characters like Vanessa, Oneeye and Grofzag), I can't really give it a neutral or lower ranking. If I played as the Humans, Undead or the Demons and had to fight against Goldaxe, Bloodhand, Skullblade, Darkmind (excluding Inara) and/or Ravaging Fire Clans, inflicting harm on them, I wouldn't mind it too much, but I can't really say the same about the Deathbreeze Clan. I root for them and like them more than every single faction that is ranked below them. While I gave Daric's Mercenaries and the Boar Regiment a higher ranking (due to finding the former very likeable and being very interested in the latter), I actually support the Deathbreeze Clan more.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Nice lists!
Thank you very much! It was fun making tier lists and talking about some of my favorite factions. In general, my favorite races and factions are that of Orckind and Tribal Dominion. After Orcs/Tribal Dominion come the Undead, while my opinion on the Humans and Demons tends to be somewhat more mixed. I really like some of the individual characters and factions (for the Demons, they would be Lord Margazar, Urshan, Lisara, Nysara and Vermon with the Mindslayer Legion), but others aren't favored by me (I would give the Darkblade Legion a low rank simply because they used Urshan as an expendable cannon fodder). As for the Forgotten Ones, I actually prefer them in the Arkain books rather than the True Story.

Level 19
About the newest short story:
-The story about arcanus seems pretty interesting, perhaps is the strange character Zairmak and Grofzag hear about.
-So the order of earth and frost were destroyed, tides and lightning serves zyainor, Air and Fire are enemies of Zyainor and the Arcane one is unknown, i think this has something to do with conquering Salria and not other places. Perhaps now is the order of the shadows.
-So harmos will join the imperials again, either that or Van Durce´s daughter. All of them want to defeat Zyainor althought their main objectives are different.

Now lets add our list:
lista.png

I´ll explain tier S, however all the characters in tier C need more screen time, the B tier same but are a little more explained to me, and all the A tier are awesome, that´s it.

-Amari. The main character of the SOB and the creator of the Tribal Dominion, one of the best factions i´ve ever seen in all the fantasy games i´ve played. Also has an interesting background and cool moveset.

-Grofzag. Sigma male of the orcs, being strong and smart despite being young to the orcs standars. Before the dominion even started, he spared the dwarves for knowledge and even get the Bearman as allies.

-Ornasion. Really needs more screen time but his development is incredible and I really want to play as him soon enough.

-Redfist. Favourite Hero, favourite faction, no need for explanation. They try to burn the orcs to the ground and that was a great idea before Amari´s arrival.

-Vanessa. A human fighting in the orc faction, being a leader (despite the racism towards her) and have a cool moveset.

-Destroyer. The change during the true story has been astonishing. A really strong and Smart warrior, leader of his clan who wants to crush every enemy with brute force but also want to be remembered during the new era.

-Hortnog. Every moment from Hortnog is gold. The raid leader of the Goldaxe clan shines by himself in every scene. He needs more screen time no doubt.

-Thanok. I kinda like Thanok more than Gardon or Bryan, he is a ruthless sargeant of the ironfist AND a black dragon, a really strong one nonetheless. I hope we get to see more about his past.

-Borean. I mean... rolling bearman hero, really strong moveset (no thorns aura before) and i like his faction despite being a little one.

-Gardon. The true hero of Arkain, the emperor of Zyainor, the man that personifies the phrase "The end justifies the means", the leader of the ironfist and the saviour of humanity. And a great father.

I hate everyone on SAS tier and i dont like the F tier at all.

Level 27
The Orders of the Elements makes for an interesting read, since it helps those who already finished SHB to understand more about the post-war situation, and True Story players to have a decent grasp on their about-to-be allies/enemies.
  • The Order of the Arcane is interesting. Out of all the ones that remain, it is the only one that isn't associated to a well-known element. By Chekhov's gun, I believe they will have a significant role later on.
  • The Order of the Lightning seems to not be accepted by their former allies for whatever reasons. Lightning is very strong and versatile, so the lightning mages should be valuable assets, right? Maybe a former grudge happened between their grandmaster and other grandmasters?
  • This Grandmagus Arcanum is a mythic being, whose gender is not even recorded. Unless, it's a being beyond the concept of gender, like a God? Their brief return can just be one of the Fours pulling the string to control the damage after the war.

Also, since everyone is taking time explaining their character placement on the new tier list, I figure I should do the same thing on a few of my placements instead of spewing the word 'Based' at everyone I like.

- Gardon: Firstly, his design and personality. On the logical side, he's a protector of mankind, a free man that obey no one's rules but his own. I'm more of the "the end doesn't justify the means" kinda guy, but Gardon can make a compelling argument, showing that sometimes necessary measures need to be taken. And he treats all magic equally, as long as the user doesn't lose their shit. And he has a pet direwolf. On the emotional side, well, let me put my "fanfic mode" on:
- No one but his closest of friends know what lies beneath his helmet. A rugged, wearied warrior due to the fair share of fighting that he's seen? A handsome, yet cunning schemer who can make anyone swoon with just words? It is a mystery that's best left unknown, but what you do know is that when he praises you for doing a good job, the faint movement of his face that slowly turns into a faint smile, the glint of humanity that shines through his shadowclad armor,... All of that just makes you want to yearn for more. You know it's wrong to love this man, but sometimes...wrong is right. You want him to just whisper these words into your ears: "We need to revive Fan Fictions of Arkain."
Secondly, his gameplay. I like hero units with abilities that are passive but strong, or ones that can help them self-sustain. Gardon helps play into that fantasy with Dark Secrets and War Aura, with high base attack on top. I like the old Cursed Bolt better though.
  • Rahandir: I feel like he uses sarcasm and misanthropic to mask the pain and anger of being betrayed that he's yet to get over. Although, in his depth, he still believes in the few good things that humanity have left, like loyalty, the thing that he sticks by. These things make him quite relatable. As for gameplay, Fists of Ice and Death and Decay makes him an insane AoE damage dealer. And AoE damage is king.
  • Ornasion: The combination of Rath's (very entertaining) anger, Rahandir's hatred for one's own kind, and Dorbric's tendency to punch through his problem. While I can appreciate a tactician or a schemer that can make the story interesting, I also love a brute with a simplistic world view, or in other words, in touch with their inner child. And his design is fricking dope. Gameplay-wise, Flame Strike and Finger of Death are satisfying to use, and Command Aura compliments his Nexus very well.
  • Borean: He's not just a bear. He's a talking, dancing, rolling bear in one damn package. It's endearing, it's beautiful. Call me a furry if you want, but honestly, I just want to hug him. As for gameplay. the thing with support heroes that have strong channelling abilities, is that they usually draw a lot of attention from enemy ranged units, but him having high health with Hardened Skin will eliminate that weakness, which is really good.
  • Dorbric and Grofzag: Gigachads, that have the potential to become even stronger than they already are. The only reason why they're not top-tier is because of the fact that they're not a badass undead Dreadlord. I'm kinda sad that Dorbric is only playable on one level.
  • Merlon: Funny and helpful guy, that helps contrast the usual Ironfist seriousness of Thanok and Gardon. He's also a captain, so that's a bonus cool point.
  • Blen: Everyone places him down so low, but since I played from FHB, he was the first playable hero to me, which earns him a special place in my heart. In contrast to Gardon's extreme methods, he's just a normal, ordinary man trying to make things right in a world filled with powerful figures, untapped sorcery, and, God forbids, political intrigues. If he was in real life, I would root for him in his endeavors and I would hang out with him sometimes too. And Imperial Edict is imbalanced af.

Level 20
Well, I guess it's my turn to explain my choices regarding the tier list.
e.png

Gardon: Gardon is the ONLY human in this story, who is willing to do what it takes to defeat the demons. Sure, he is not the purest, most honorable guy, but he gets the job done, and has good intentions. I think Gardon is how Nietzsche imagined the Übermensch (at least in my opinion). Think about it. Gardon lives by his own moral code, does not yield to anyone, is willing to walk the walk, is very down to earth, and most importantly, doesn't let his ego go to his head. (He is confident but never overconfident.) He has been tutored by Brian, but unlike Amari, he never became his puppet. (That's why Amari is in A tier instead of S.) It wasn't Brians teachings that made Gardon who he is now. Yes, Brian influenced Gardon, but Gardon was always a "hero", one who was willing to wage war to save others. One might argue that he is not the savior, but the slaver of humanity, but I'd say he is more like a Dark Messiah, a visionary who made the world around him crumble, and built a stronger nation on it's ashes. Of course I'm not saying he is a "good" man, he is far from that... how do I put this... if I'd have to sum up Gardon in a sentence, I'd say he isn't the hero Arkain deserved, but the one it needed.

Larine: The supreme waifu. She can heal you, is very sneaky, has a friendly hawk, and can create illusions. But seriously, she is such an underrated character. Her lover was propably killed by Renova, she got exiled, her people hated her for telling the truth, then found a like minded person, with whom she could finally experience everything she wanted. Gardon gave her a home by his side, they had children together, and he was a loving dad, as much as she was a loving mother. I'm a big Garine shipper, and wish they had more dialouge, because they deserve it. To ne their love is the most moving thing in the entire story. Also the ring had nothing to do with her affection towards Gardon, in Death of a Legend in the SHB she already greeted Gardon with "What can I do for you Gardon?", before he did anything to her ring. I ship them so much, I hope they get more screen time... ahem... back to Larine: An elven girl who knows what it's like to be a homeless exile, she'll make a perfect queen because she wasn't born to be a queen, she will understand her subjects because she is one of them, unlike Renova.

Brian: Oh man... Brian is one of the four, and in my opinion, the smartest of them. Let's see, he never tries to do things for a stupid ideal, or petty revenge even though he got the short end of the stick back when Aridon decided that he wanted to uphold his "balance". Brian is a pragmatic person, who never does things out of zeal. Cold, calculating but ultimately... well intentioned. Yes, you have heard me right. Brian is a well intentioned person. He doesn't consider himself a god, (even though he kind of is) and wishes to help the humans and orcs. He's helping the younger races of Arkain, because Brian realises that change is the constant. The world will not stop, and you have to give younger races a chance too! The humans and orcs are both worthy of the world, and Brian knows that. Unlike Aridon he is not self absorbed, has good manners, and he tutored Gardon and Amari, to help their kind. Without him, the orcs would have died under the idiotic leadership of Rangul and Rath, and that is cause enough for me to rank him above his brothers.

Pentiss: I like her because she brought something to the undead story, that makes it much more interesting. Intrique. She isn't a slave of Aridon, she has her own will, her own agenda. She seems like a loyal servant, but I think she is the going to betray him, if the war doesn't go the way he has planned. She's smart, very entartaining, and most importantly, still alive. Pentiss is a wild card, and I'm waiting for more black lotus shenanigans with her. She recognized that Gardon is very strong, while the other undead leaders didn't. (Yes she wanted to torture him, but that's besides the pont :D) In a way, I think Pentiss is like a female Petyr Baelish form Game of Thrones, with a bdsm drug fetish, and that alone is reason enough for me to put her in S tier.

Vanessa: A well intentioned girl, who wanted to change the orcs to be better. Unfortunately Rangul and Rath were stuck in the past, and wanted nothing more than pillage and murder. The sisterly bond between her and Amari is cute (even though it feels like Amari is just using her), and she has a vital role in the creation of the Tribal Dominion. She proved to the orcs, that even a human can meet their standards, without becoming a monster like Rath. She is brave but not foolish, good but not soft hearted. Even without proper parents, even after suffering a trauma in her childhood, even after everything... she is still a nice person, who wants to do good, which is why she deserves the S tier. The only problem with her is that because of her good nature, she isn't willing to do what it takes, (unlike Amari and Gardon) and it hold her back from making a difference, which is why I almost put her in A tier.

Borean: To quote nchp1903:
He's a talking, dancing, rolling bear in one damn package. It's endearing, it's beautiful. Call me a furry if you want, but honestly, I just want to hug him.
There is not much else to say. He is THE best character in Arkain. He doesn't deserve the S tier, the S tier deserves him!

I'm going to skip a few tiers because explaining everyone would take way too long. :D

e másolata másolata.png

Edoarus: Psyco death knight. He is not that interesting, has basically no independent thoughts, and is a slave to the Watchers will. F tier it is.

Retka: Idiot. Got played by Van Durce and the "Emperor", couldn't even conquer Toran, his soldiers weren't loyal to him (because he was a power hungry bastard), he allied himself with thiefs and bandits, and sent poorly equiped conscripts to their death, just to slow Gardon down, and in general he seemed like a prick (he didn't even value his own sisters advice, because he was so overconfident in his own none existant abilities). He would have made an awful king, so F tier.

Rath: A genocidal maniac, who thinks killing innocent humans will somehow fill the aching hole inside his heart. Revenge never brings satisfaction, and 90% of the humans Rath slaughtered had nothing to do with what happened to his clan. He only fuels the never ending conflict between the two races. He also sacrificed his warriors for nothing. He truly is the worst chieftan.

Genethas: This guy. Ebira made him her puppet, and he's even proud of it. He is stupid beyond comprehension. The only reason he succeded, was that Blen is a blind fool. Genethas is a spinless traitor, a tool of the demons, he belongs in the F tier.

Meya: Same as Edoarus, only worse, because she has a disturbing necrophilia paired with an unhealthy vanity.

Fleshtearer: Who is he? Oh yeah, the... thing that doesn't have a single dialouge in the entire story. I wouldn't even put him on the tier list, because he is not really a character, more like a moving prop.

Bonelords: Oh great, more genocidal maniacs, who want nothing else than to kill... wait everyone? They are on a crusade against flesh?! Yeah, the Bonelords aren't that complicated. They look cool, but that's it. Aridon wouldn't let them kill everyone anyway, so they are just... F tier.

Aridon: I hate Aridon. He wants to uphold some kind of "balance", but in reality, his actions just cause even more conflict. He has a literal slave army, and he is not afraid to use it. If he doesn't like what you are doing, he is going to come after you. Because Aridon is a paranoid control freak, with an obession. Balance. Aridon likes to rob people of their free will, and then make them do things they don't want to do (Saphira and Mordin). He is a self righteous, self absorbed, backstabbing lunatic, that think the world is better off with him pulling the strings. He calls himself the protector of Arkain, however, in reality, his actions show that he doesn't care about Arkain, or it's various races. He is deluded and his machinations all serve a pointless purpose. I think Aridon is the true villain of Legends of Arkain, a creature that must be stopped, no matter the cost. F tier.

4.png

The Sas tier. Weirdly enough, I didn't put Sas in here, because, (even though I heavly dislike him) he is just an idiot. These two however...

Redfist: He hates the orcs, because they killed his family. Now he is angry. That's it. He is a completely unlikable monster, who is (in my opinion) not a tyrant, but a raging 3 year old. He made the Redfist faction to combat the orcs and in his twisted view "help" humans, but when he actually gets her long lost daughter back, who has been "brainwashed" by the orcs, he doesn't even attempt to reconnect with her. If she joins his side, he just kills her for no reason. He has an understandable backstory, but he is an awful human being.

Rangul: Rangul is a different case. He wants to raid the human lands, and that is understandable. He is a simple minded greenskin, who wants to pillage in the name of his twisted idea of "helping orc kind". That is not why I hate him. Amari wants to help her kind as well. The difference between them is their methods. Metaphorically, if Amari and Rangul are freezing on a cold night, Amari will make a campfire to keep herself warm, Rangul will burn a village, and in the process, accidentally kill himself for good measure. What did Rangul achieve in the end? He left the orc islands unguarded, and thus, robbed his people and himself of a place they can call home. He helped the demons break through the front lines, weakened the humans and their allies, made Rath, an unhinged psychopath, the leader of the Darkmind Clan, and favored Sasrogarn the idiot, instead of Amari. He also lost control of the entire situation once the demons broke through the human front. The entirety of his race got endangered, because he wasn't as smart, as he thought himself to be.

In my opinion these two deserve each other. Two short sighted old man, slaughtering each others race, because they are too stupid to realise what the real threat is. (The demons and the undead.)

Level 20
Now while i'd love to do a meme category like the one i did way back with calling the S tier characters giga chads and all I thought i'd try something different this time.

F+I- Stands for flavour and interesting characters. One that stands out here its Blen while if i had to rank the old Blen i'd put him on the B+ impactful (boring but with impact on the story) the new version of blen does become more interesting with the changes done to Selior and the introduction of Dorbric.

I+ no flavour: Well these are characters that i find interesting personally but i feel like they haven't reached their full potential yet they need more "screen time" in a manner of speaking i guess. The one that stands out here its Lokar, i dunno why but i always found him rather interesting i wish he'd get more screentime

B+ impactful: Well here are the rather boring characters that have a degree of impact on the story

Cannon fodder: Maybe this isn't the best term to referee to them but i feel like this bunch are the characters that only exist to push forward to plot there isn't to many interesting things about them ofc characters like Mordin and Kazar might as well be put on the need more time category since they do have interesting backstories that might make them more than just "cannon fodder" but i feel like this category represents them well.

Need more time: The name speaks for itself

Demonic Aedale and Lisara seriously need a revamp of their characters now that the story is set in stone and we dont have multiple branching paths.

The other two categories are pretty much self explanatory.

Edit: Kenos needs to be at needs more screen time category.
Screenshot_2.png

Level 27
My tier list
Amari, Okri, and Vanessa on Sas tier though. You did my girls dirty.
And this is the first time I see Fleshtearer being placed in such a high tier. I guess I can understand since he's pretty unique in terms of appearance. And the fact that he's bland also means that he's an empty canvas to be drawn on.

Like, instead of feeding him flesh to sustain his body, let's try feeding him the souls of the fallen instead. Could be fun.

Level 12
Well, this is the first time that I create one of these tier list and I don't goona a lie, It was actually funny.

Here is
Tier list.png

Index
-Memelords: Characters that one way or another become a meme to me, I just love make dialogue parodies every time that I saw those characters.
-Edgelords: Arkain is edgy and you can't convince me otherwise, those here are so edgy that can cut the air, as the memelords, I make parodies of them.
-Cool character: The characters that aren't over the top and I like it.
-Ok character: The "average" characters that I like.
-WB character: WB stands for World Building character, they are good with along side other character, but weak by is own, sometimes feels like a filler...
-Weirdos: self explanatory
-Jerks: Those here can't stop be unlikeable jerks for five minutes.

Also, I don't sure but if me or "save/download tier list", doesn't work?

Level 8
Ok... I feel terribly out of place.... I WANT TO MAKE MY LIST OF CHARACTERS FROM THE MOST GOD TO THE MOST ZZZ:mwahaha:... I think the link was passed on a long time ago (Or I'm stupid enough to have it right under my nose and not see it), but I ask you to pass me the list so I can have some fun positioning Arkain people, then post my opinions and finally fight like a wild beast against those who don't like me :peasant-i-object: .

Level 20
And this is the first time I see Fleshtearer being placed in such a high tier. I guess I can understand since he's pretty unique in terms of appearance. And the fact that he's bland also means that he's an empty canvas to be drawn on.

Like, instead of feeding him flesh to sustain his body, let's try feeding him the souls of the fallen instead. Could be fun.
Oh flesh tearer is adorable thats why he is S tier material...Jokes aside though, its just me meming thats all, if i wasn't in such a meme mood Flesh tearer would probably go down to cannon fodder category.

Level 8
My opinion is not suitable for sensitive people.
All the characters go in order from left to right (apart from top to bottom, obviously).

Captura.PNG

Comments first of all
I'll start by saying that I've always liked Sas, I won't deny it, Dominion Leader? NOT AT ALL, I never really saw him as stupid, just someone who didn't live up to the expectations of being Rangul 2.0.
Redfist is... Redfist... He's probably the only one who is true from start to finish to his ideals, besides the chaos he causes alone is legendary, don't tell me he's not.
Whitefield is the only one with true honor in Arkain... Too bad people like that don't survive, because they either die, break or become puppets.
I could explain more about the others... But, I'll just say that I purposely left Blen right above Selior... XD.

GIGA
Here are the ones I consider to be the best, not necessarily for the world but as characters for me, some honorable mentions are for Gorthog since I also like pokemon (For when a battle? Arkain champion), for Praxeus who proved to be as cool as his model, Salana for being the first waifu in Arkain, to Renald for the longest noble title ever and for being the best guy anyone could wish for, and to Gran for being the only dog here.

CHAD
Here are the great ones, but they are not so great as to enter GIGA, Largoth lowers it to this category since he did not decide to change his name to Baldgoth, Dorten is here because he is almost the only independent of all humans, Galareth is hilarious, the Bonelords since they only need a crucifix somewhere to make a real crusade, and Ornasion is one of the best undead characters.

GOD
Here are the people who are good characters or who before I thought were of the GIGA or CHAD category, but that the definitive story made other characters better by changing my parameters, the important thing here is that at least half of those who are here are honorable, at least I applaud Vanessa now since at last she seems a character in the story and not only the excuse to appear Redfist.

BASED
They are characters that although they do seem based on me, they really have things or opinions that I do not share, or decisions that disgust me for how they came out or for their consequences, such as making a large-scale invasion without holding on a little or joining dark figures for their promises or their "gifts".

MEH 1 and MEH 2
They range from characters that I do not like, to characters that I think are irrelevant (That's why the separation really ...), the only exception is Borean which is the most recent, but I really do not know if it will have its moment to shine in some events full of other characters that I know more.

Sas
The worst of the worst (Minus Maronogin and Fleshtearer which is by meme), here are the ones I hope rot in hell, as they are either stupid but can't or really use their intelligence to become more stupid.