• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 3
After switching my choices around to get Shieldbearers I cant seem to find the heavy armour upgrade for them in Ch 8.

On another note Rangul and Vanessa going alone to some isolated mountains filled with dragons and maghtar. Sounds like a great time for an 'accident to occur'.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
After switching my choices around to get Shieldbearers I cant seem to find the heavy armour upgrade for them in Ch 8.
Should be fixed now.
---------------------

The Current Project Showcase has been updated.
The next update 0.50 is going to include:
Chapter Nine: The Legion
Chapter Eight: Dogs of War
Interlude Three: The Duke

Stay tuned!

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

While I like the pacing Shar has taken, the recent chapters seemed very overwhelming to me. So much stuff that you have to grip in such a short period of time.

While this campaign took longer to "get started" compared to SHB, I feel like orc book is by all means difficult to master because of their race mechanic. Maybe its just me, but chapter 7 took me 2 attempts to understand(aka to adapt) what Im supposed to do and build, but chapter 8... Well, I tell you what, it took way more than 2, because there are 3 bases to maintain, and each of the bases represents a different race, and you're trying to not mix up stuff in your head and fail at that terribly :p

Good thing orcs got so many heroes.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hmm....
Wonder if siege will be enough... :>

full

Level 10
By the way, what are the Mog'Thar's origins? I mean we know they have red skin, like to lord over other orcs and can work with Demons, but beyond that...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, what are the Mog'Thar's origins? I mean we know they have red skin, like to lord over other orcs and can work with Demons, but beyond that...
There are rumors that you may find out more about that at some point. ;)
That looks scary. Luckily we have the cyclops legion! But unfortunately it lost half of its best troops to Edoarus earlier in the story... Well at least Lokar may show up.
You mean Ogres. ;)
Arkain has both. :p

Level 3
how to beat the hard difficulty of the second orcs book ch4?even worse than ch4 of the second human book!

Surrouned by three humans,attack continously without the break,
Orcs hero and the orcs troops are fucking weak!!!No means of the second goldmine and no means of hp regeneration.
Especially, the grey human enemies are unstoppable,3 fully upgraded elites each waves.and others include 2 level 6 enermy heros
i even tried to manipulated the computers with placing single barricks on the external area,aims that they will dismiss after detoyed the target,but it is useless!

the optional quest also is a trap that lead more demon to attack you at the same time!

who can pass without cheat?

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am not sure why you decided to post this here (in the pack section), especially since the Second Orc Book is not
even in the pack yet, but you know that the northern and southern base (Red & Teal) COMPLETELY
ignore you unless you attack them first? Blue is passive all the time.
So there are only 3 enemies attacking you if you are not messing around.

The optional quest, btw, at least the one about Red and Teal unleash Demons ON YOUR ENEMIES,
not on you unless you take their bases.

Level 3
I am not sure why you decided to post this here, especially since the Second Orc Book is not
even in the pack yet, but you know that the northern and southern base (Red & Teal) COMPLETELY
ignore you unless you attack them first? Blue is passive all the time.
So there are only 3 enemies attacking you if you are not messing around.

The optional quest, btw, at least the one about Red and Teal unleash Demons ON YOUR ENEMIES,
not on you unless you take their bases.

Now there are no thread yet for second orc book.
if you keep defendsive with one gold mine,three bases combined attack waves cant be stopped by one gold mine.
the old meathod of tower spams are useless to the elies and the footmans with shield.
if you attack blue,red or teal for gaining gold mine or releasing demon,your primary stronghold home will be crashed without any means to save it while siegeing any three bases on right.
If you want to exchange home with right side base,like what you did in second human book ch.10,it get worse that the left hand side enemies keep chase you even you move your ass to avoid them,
Defend ,die slow.Attack,die fast.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
You need to make a decision on what you want to do when the mission starts. Smash and grab or fighting retreat. The bases in the east can hold indefinitely unless otherwise attacked by you and it is best to leave the Royal base alone until you have less threats to deal with. If you do attack an eastern base you must make sure it dies the first time you attack it or they will send soldiers to attack you while also fighting the demons. You're mainly attacking these side bases for items/tomes or the relief of pressure on your own base. Getting rid of the bulwark preventing the demons from attacking the bases in the west. Setting up a base in these locations is not the safest thing to do unless you have time to clear some trees or set up more defenses.

As for base defense you'll need a mixture of towers and burrows to alleviate the pressure along with a support group of no more than three to five units.

On the latter part you can dedicate everything you have to base defense and slow buildup dedicated to taking out purp and only purp. Doing this the mission should only take 20-35 minutes. Please note doing this likely means you will eventually have your base overrun as you complete the objective but it shouldn't matter since you've won by this point.

Taking on light blue is a bit of a juggle if you want to do it, purp is a very dangerous enemy if left alone but perhaps you just want that tome. Destroy the base covering the south east flank against the demons if you want to have extra help, at least a little bit in between attack waves.

Level 22
Command aura can be replaced. Not sure about the food cost. It could be reduced to 9 or 8, but I thought it was fine, considering they had quicker attack speed, dealt a lot more damage per hit and had more HP when compared to the shieldbearer.

Level 3
It's a shame that Rangul died, but then reform and new ideas will be easier for orcs to accept when elder generations are gone. I wonder what would happen to Vanessa and Sas now since Rangul is died.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Since we are reaching the final stages of development (already!), I am going through all
of the existing chapters to make adjustments.
Some of them may have an impact on the overall difficulty of said chapter while others are
mere adjustments.

An example would be Chapter Four that is going to have more powerful Demon waves and an
actually active Royal Army for both north and south.