• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 22
Vail and Gardon have raised their ''misfits'' pretty well. Larine, ehhhhh... Still though, they have big shoes to fill and considering what they will face in the future, those were rookie level accomplishments.

Garan:
A worthy commander who really knows what he's doing. He cares to learn from history and make sure he doesn't repeat other people's mistakes. I also like how Garan has inherited his father's assertiveness and non-openly expressed pity.

Zurae:
She made Gardon sincerely smile. She's certainly going places. A bit sad he doesn't pay her much attention though. Her skills are quite admirable, would certainly make a nice Grandmistress of a flame order. ;)

Hotar:
He is certainly a good and kind soul. Those traits make him unique from the rest of the family, in a good way. I just hope his constant striving for improvement won't lead to something terrible happening to him.

Parlea:
Pretty sad. If it wasn't for her being a bastard daughter, those bullies would've been dealt with way sooner. And indeed, she is way too good for her own good. Sadly if she doesn't toughen up soon, she'll remain an insecure person for the rest of her life, allowing everyone to shame and bully her further.

Velina:
Don't really have much of an opinion on her. Seems like a cheerful, mostly innocent and a bit of an indecisive child.

The Strategist:

ruined casle -> ruined castle

us severly -> us severely
=============
The Magician:

severly -> severely
============
The Soldier:

him move -> him to move

was a honest person with sharp tongue -> was an honest person with a sharp tongue

been severly -> been severely
============
The Student:

halfblood -> half-blood

neccessary -> necessary

takes in one -> takes is one

Tojaz' -> Tojaz's
===========
The Archer:

slighly -> slightly

Level 29
Vail and Gardon have raised their ''misfits'' pretty well. Larine, ehhhhh... Still though, they have big shoes to fill and considering what they will face in the future, those were rookie level accomplishments.

Considering who their parents are, they wouldn't like to see their children become parasites of society so they raised them to develop their skills and be very fluent on several topics.

Zurae:
She made Gardon sincerely smile. She's certainly going places. A bit sad he doesn't pay her much attention though. Her skills are quite admirable, would certainly make a nice Grandmistress of a flame order. ;)

I am actually surprised that Gardon sent his seven year old daughter to fight in a battle.
Does this mean that kids that young can join the army if they have the skills required.?

OMG :eek:
Zurae will be Arkain's version of Tanya von Degurechaff!

Hotar:
He is certainly a good and kind soul. Those traits make him unique from the rest of the family, in a good way. I just hope his constant striving for improvement won't lead to something terrible happening to him.

Considering Arkain, this might end bad.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I like Garan. He is both knowledgable of the battles during the Second Void War, is aware that in order to win sacrifices must be made and thinks outside the box.
A worthy commander who really knows what he's doing. He cares to learn from history and make sure he doesn't repeat other people's mistakes. I also like how Garan has inherited his father's assertiveness and non-openly expressed pity.
He certainly inherited his father's competence, I would say.

Zurae seems to be quite a brave woman, a good mage and seems clearly eager for her father's approval.
And that is just her being a little girl, wait until she grows up!

I like that Hotar doesn't wish to be treated differently simply for being royalty. I also like that he, like me, likes honest girls with sharp tongues :D
Hotar is the kind of guy who would stand in the first line, side by side with the other soldiers.
Poor Parlea :( How they dare to bully her simply for being half-blood. Birram is right, she is too nice for her own good. She should fight back.
Good to see Birram protecting her behind her back, even if through threats.
Pretty sad. If it wasn't for her being a bastard daughter, those bullies would've been dealt with way sooner. And indeed, she is way too good for her own good. Sadly if she doesn't toughen up soon, she'll remain an insecure person for the rest of her life, allowing everyone to shame and bully her further.
Half-bloods are a rarity in Arkain, so.... yeah.
I wouldn't be too concerned regarding her future in that area, though. There is at least one person who is now forced to protect her from other bullies.
Who knows how long he may be her guardian....
I hope she and Parlea have a good sibling relationship
They have, I can easily confirm that being the case.
While it seems clear that Larine loves her children, she seems to be willing to use them to seek more favor with Gardon.
I would say she is trying to give both herself and her children Gardon's favor, but I get what you mean.

I am actually surprised that Gardon sent his seven year old daughter to fight in a battle.
Does this mean that kids that young can join the army if they have the skills required.?
It is unusual, but Gardon is not really known for being conservative, is he? ;)

Level 1
is genethas really fixed as the traitor in the empire? i chosed to side with gardon in my playthrough and completed the 2nd book. What happens in the 2nd book if i sided with genethas instead of gardon?

Level 29
is genethas really fixed as the traitor in the empire? i chosed to side with gardon in my playthrough and completed the 2nd book. What happens in the 2nd book if i sided with genethas instead of gardon?

I don't think there are much differences in terms of gameplay.

From what I recall, the only diferences are in terms of the characters' dialogues.

Level 9

Genethas admits that he betrayed the empire back then so that he and hus men could survive the war. If you fights againts Gardon by siding with Genethas, he still admits that he's a traitor right after Gardon says that you've sided with the wrong person.

In the Second Human Book, if you sided with Genethas the only difference will be at the beginning where Gardon tells the inquisitor if you either sided with him or with the traitor. So he will either defend or condemn Blen Greymoore.

Level 29
In the Second Human Book, if you sided with Genethas the only difference will be at the beginning where Gardon tells the inquisitor if you either sided with him or with the traitor. So he will either defend or condemn Blen Greymoore.

Not only that.
Harmos will occasioanly mention Blen and claim that van Durce did a big mistake by killing him.
In the final mission (if we pick the Golden Guard) van Durce will admit to Marin that Blen didn't deserve to die and that maybe the whole situation could have been avoided if they hadn't imprison and kill him.

Level 9
Not only that.
Harmos will occasioanly mention Blen and claim that van Durce did a big mistake by killing him.
In the final mission (if we pick the Golden Guard) van Durce will admit to Marin that Blen didn't deserve to die and that maybe the whole situation could have been avoided if they hadn't imprison and kill him.

Blen really didn't deserve to die, in my honest opinion. Not only that I've grown fond of him during the First Human Book, it was nearly impossible to pin any blame on him other than possible treason, inciting rebellion and attacking an Imperial army.
I can't exactly say that Blen and Harmos were friends since the dialogues between them is "bare bones" (I would pin their relationship somewhere a bit higher than casual acquaintances) but Harmos did pledge his services to Blen and probably developed some kind of friendship later on based on their battles and when they fought side by side.
Van Durce was overzealous from the very beginning and it was highly unnecessary to use that on someone like Blen. Honestly, I'm surprised the Karskin haven't mounted a revenge plot againts Van Durce, or plan to hit the Golden Guard a few times as retaliation for what they did to Blen.

Last edited:
Level 1
Another question, i still havent found out about the unknown faction during the quest where you will/can aedale the green human faction. Who are they sided with?

Level 29
Another question, i still havent found out about the unknown faction during the quest where you will/can aedale the green human faction. Who are they sided with?

In the first book, where we face the Darkmind Clan?

Those unknown soldiers are servants of van Durce. Killing them will piss him off.

If you don't destroy them and if you choose the Golden Guard side, they can help you in the final chapter.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
How to completely scew the results of the testing phase 101, beat it so fucking quickly you start freaking out Shar.

Apologies in advance everyone.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Ladies and gentlemen, I am back with a news type post after quite a bit of time. The next chapters are in progress and we are thinking of truly dastardly things while making them. But that is still some time away so we'd like you to turn your attention to the Project Showcase we have updated some things please turn your attention towards the chapter names, including the old but also teasing you with possible things with the name of the next interlude and chapter!

Six sounds positively delightful.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Btw, does attacking the Kasrkin in the FOB change Blen's stance on the orcs after he kills Rath or does he still say "I won't fight you"?
It has no effect in this particular chapter. Keep in mind that it was Rangul who attacked the
Kasrkin if the player did it, not Rath (yes, Rath was part of it, but you played as Deathbreeze Clan still).
In fact, for the Orcs, several choices have a different effect than they did in the Second Human Book.
There is going to be a chance for a specific event to trigger at the latter stages of this campaign,
though I will not go into detail what it is because that would be very spoiler-heavy, but I will
tell you that this event will take a look at a lot of choices from both the First and Second
Orc Book and then calculate whether or not it is going to take place or not.
That is not to say that this is the only effect that the choices have, of course.

Level 10
Will you eventually also give a hint on how to unlock this event or will it be solely on us to figure out?

Level 6
wait.. if i remember correctly, after invasion of demons only 5 Commandors of Kaskrin survived..... did we just eccountered them?

and i am going to praise shar even more for this map :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
I think the Big Decision Shar mentioned could be pretty much a counter leading to 'Orcs: Diplomacy or Total Extermination?'. Remember in the Timeline and Tales he provided, a few of Salria human population accepted to join the Dominion.
If orcs show they can be something else than a force of destruction hampering efforts against the Demons, pragmatic heads will be forced to admit, deals with the Orcs are the best way to go to manage the problem while the Demons are dealt with.
Tip the scales too much, and they might go 'Fuck it, we won't go anywhere or have a shot at survival as long as these green morons are rampaging around, we'e forced to exterminate them before hopefully having a chance left of moving on to the Demons'. Yup, fullfilling some of these bonus objectives will be quite the balancing act...
Or too much hampering could doom the Humans, leaving the orcs to face the Demons full force, plus a pissed off Watcher not liking his balance shatterred. Or even him alone deciding to correct the trajectory leading to this crash collision...

Level 10
Shar, you might want to add Rath to the character list of the orcs just to keep people thinking hes important to make it so the more of a surprise when he gets gutted :D

Level 1
is it only me or someone else had the feeling that after finishing book 2 of the human, the dark one or should i say the most evil of them all in arkain that the heroes have to defeat is named "Shar Dundred" himself? lols

EDIT: About the second orc book, When did these chapters happened? Why is that greymoore is still alive and his subordinates not imprisoned? Im kinda confused

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Level 26
Each of the books is a separate timeline, the first books can be seen as a distorted mirror, events are mostly the same but details are different. The second books are divergent where the choices and actions of the player's lead role: humans, orcs, undead now bring about a greater change.

Spoilers, I mean it.

The easiest comparison to show the drastic changes are Blen and Rath, Blen was found guilty of (false (maybe)) treason in the second human book but in the orc book perhaps due to the player being too successful as the orcs he does not make it all the way to the capital of Kerrel instead being forced to hold ground with a greater amount of surviving men.

Rath in the human book survives for a longer time weeks and months after the retreat from Lor all the way to the point he can finally face van Durce and the GG for stealing his kill. In the Orc book he gets a bit kill hungry and goes way too far into enemy territory to kill Greymoore, this of course has the consequence of forcing the attention of the reorganizing Kingdom forces onto the orcs and greatly angers the Imperial units still together on Arkain, they just lost a devastating amount of friends and fellows and the Orcs (Rath) do it again.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Pretty much the same but you'll be seeing less of the elves, maybe not at all, the further the Orcs head south.

Elf-->Human = Defend us

Royal-->Elf = Annoying as hell, please be quiet
Imperial-->Elf = You're not getting anything else
GG-->Elf = Unknown at the moment

Dwarf-->Elf = Relations have been nonexistant for a long time but Zarin and other dwarves that worked with elven army units find them ok.
Dwarf-->Royal = Can't you guys do anything right? We're defending so much right now.
Dwarf-->Imperial = We appreciate the help, shame about what happened.

Imperial-->Dwarf = You guys are alright
Royal-->Dwarf = We'll work together...
GG-->Dwarf = N/A atm

Last edited:
Level 12
@Shar Dundred

I think I realized something about Duke Redfist and why he and his faction hates the orcs so much

Vanessa was Duke Redfist's daughter and she got abducted by the Orcs, so Redfist got really, really mad about it

My theory is based on these two bits of Arkain Lore:

It states in the Lore that Vanessa was originally a lowly noble's daughter

It also states in the Lore (for Duke Redfist) that he was once a lowly noble

Level 6
@Shar Dundred

I think I realized something about Duke Redfist and why he and his faction hates the orcs so much

Vanessa was Duke Redfist's daughter and she got abducted by the Orcs, so Redfist got really, really mad about it

I had just read their respective character lore/profiles and this may be spot on

Level 10
@Shar Dundred

thats a very old theory and I think Shar already said its not accurate

Level 12
@Boriss

Oh sorry then, i was never aware that this theory had been brought up before, it just popped into my head when I read Redfist's and Vanessa's Arkain profiles, especially with Redfist having so much hate for the orcs

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't think Shar's ever said it's correct or incorrect.
Yep, I never did.
I am neither confirming nor denying such theories, no matter about which character. ;)
Ain't all the people insde sans Vanessa was killed?
Not sure if I got this right, but if you are asking about Vanessa's Death, that only happened in the Undead timeline.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
For those of you who are interested in that kind of stuff, have two WIPs for both upcoming chapters!
full
full

Level 29
For those of you who are interested in that kind of stuff, have two WIPs for both upcoming chapters!
full
full

So we will face the Golden Guard and then rescue the Centaurs...

Neat.
Their golden helmets and armors will be useful for Amari's soo-to-be-made throne and crown!

Level 10
Not 100% sure they're Golden Guard, they don't have Crossbowmen, and Map 6 had Pikemen amongst the troops defending the fortress. I guess a kingdom reguarly fighting Centaurs like Salria would have a standing army using polearms to fight them.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Uploaded a small hotfix of 0.40.
Here's the changelog:

General:
- Fixed ability tooltips for Grella

Chapter Eight:
- Redfist should no be able to properly recruit Conquerors
- Fixed the lack of enemy leadership boni

Edit: And another one!
General:
- Shredders are now trained in your Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress instead of Barracks
- Shredders no longer can transform into Warmechs
- Warmechs are now trainable in the Barracks
- Increased the food cost of Shieldbearers to 5
- Mechanized Warfare and Aggressive Expansion now also require a Laboratory
- Veteran Camps no longer claim to be Spirit Lodges

Chapter Eight:
- Flammedus' Centaurs no longer have any goblin units available (whom they cannot train due to the lack of Mechanized Warfare anyway)
- Flammedus' Centaurs now starts with Burning Oil, Liquid Fire and Centaur Hooves already researched
- Cliffhunter Clan now starts with Mechanized Warfare and Aggressive Expansion already researched
- Cliffhunter Clan now has Cannon Towers instead of Watch Towers
- Cliffhunter Clan now has Pig Farms instead of Burrows
- Deathbreeze Clan now starts with Advanced Spiked Barricades (Sasrogarn could not come up with anything better to make up to the upgrades of his allies)
- The Heavy Armor upgrade is no longer available if you have no access to Shieldbearers
- Added a few units to the player base defenses

Last edited:
Level 5
Shredders still have their tooltips mention they can transform into Warmechs
Maybe rename Spirit Lounges to something less confusing with Spirit Lodges?

Chapter 8
Flammedus' Marauders cant switch to an Impaler for some reason.

Also how can we get Shieldbearers?