• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 22
But these recruits lack both proper training ad experience. Meanwhile Gardon's forces have experience in fighting demons, undeads, orcs...
The recruits aren't a massive part of his army( i think) so it isn't that fatal that they aren't experienced.

They might have a good engineer, but since they no longer have the Empire supplying both money and resources, their production of weaponry is now much lower. And they don't have many suppliers in the continent given that most are on Gardon's side.
The Golden Guard who enter the continent through portals can resupply them. Maybe not the way the empire can, but every aid will help massively in the war effort.

Level 20
They might have a good engineer, but since they no longer have the Empire supplying both money and resources, their production of weaponry is now much lower. And they don't have many suppliers in the continent given that most are on Gardon's side.

Are you forgetting the Dwarven tunnels? What else besides dwarves and vermins resides under the surface?Yup you guess right,minerals a shit ton of them.

They are not trying to fight a attrition war...They just wanna blast the demon heartland and be done with it.So more minerals>more war machinery.

Level 29
The recruits aren't a massive part of his army( i think) so it isn't that fatal that they aren't experienced.

Yes, but while Gardon has the Kingdoms, Elves and Dragons supplying new forces, the Golden Guard doesn't, only if we count the Dwarves.

Are you forgetting the Dwarven tunnels? What else besides dwarves and vermins resides under the surface?Yup you guess right,minerals a shit ton of them.

They are not trying to fight a attrition war...They just wanna blast the demon heartland and be done with it.So more minerals>more war machinery.

If Gardon keeps being as smart as he has been, his next move will be, most likely, defeating the Dwarves and gaining their advanced technology and minerals to supply his troops.

And since both the orcs and Progaderas' forces weakened the Dwarves, they will be easier to defeat if Gardon sends a massive force.

Level 20
@LISBOAH

I think Shar mentioned that with the menace done below the surface,Dwarves regrouped and now are way more stronger that the dwarves we got to play.

Having to split your forces in half when you are dealing with a dangerous foe such as GG and Van Durce takes alot of guts including here Gardon and his boys aren't really familiar with the heartland of the dwarves(i would assume).Its not like he is going to invaide the dwarves with just one detachment of IF.

Level 29
Don't worry man. I troubled times where the Golden Guard are surrounded and out of supplies they can rely on Portal ex machina to fix everything. :D

And go where?

I think Shar mentioned that with the menace done below the surface,Dwarves regrouped and now are way more stronger that the dwarves we got to play.

Having to split your forces in half when you are dealing with a dangerous foe such as GG and Van Durce takes alot of guts including here Gardon and his boys aren't really familiar with the heartland of the dwarves(i would assume).Its not like he is going to invaide the dwarves with just one detachment of IF.

Yes, but Gardon has more forces to and he can overwhelm the Dwarves. If the Dwarves are defeated, the Golden Guard will be easier to defeat and will lose their only ally in the continent.

And about the matter of the tunnels...I don't think the Dwarves have proper security against Lord Brian's shadow warriors. They can scout the area without being noticed, warn Gardon's forces and then they can come up with a strategy to beat the Dwarves...

Not to mention the Dragons...

Last edited:
Level 20
Yes, but Gardon has more forces to and he can overwhelm the Dwarves. If the Dwarves are defeated, the Golden Guard will be easier to defeat and will lose their only ally in the continent.

And about the matter of the tunnels...I don't think the Dwarves have proper security against Lord Brian's shadow warriors. They can scout the area without being noticed, warn Gardon's forces and then they can come up with a strategy to beat the Dwarves...

Not to mention the Dragons...

Numbers dont mean much in a well defended position inside the tunnels.
The only reason why Dwarves were in such a shitty situation to begin with was cuz the majority of their forces were ouccupied holding the front vs the demons and other threats(what i managed to piece through from Zarin and Holy Bastion dialogue i might be wrong here)

Also Shar did mention that dwarven numbers were quite high so i assume they do have some sort of manpower to help both the Golden Guard and defend their heartlands.

On the Shadows part yeah i do agree however maybe the alliance might help them in that regard.(Also from i have been able to theory-craft their numbers seem rather limited,Lord Brian gave us control of them for just a short period of time and then took it back again,ofc this could just be Shar making stuff difficult as always.)

Dragons are no good in tunnels,i think :p, BUT you never know,maybe this Blake dragons do have some retarted wingless snake like breed they can use in tunnels.

Level 22
Dragons are no good in tunnels,i think :p, BUT you never know,maybe this Blake dragons do have some retarted wingless snake like breed they can use in tunnels.
They can shapeshift into humans if they want. Thanok is an example.

On the Shadows part yeah i do agree however maybe the alliance might help them in that regard.(Also from i have been able to theory-craft their numbers seem rather limited,Lord Brian gave us control of them for just a short period of time and then took it back again,ofc this could just be Shar making stuff difficult as always.)
I think this is for difficulty reasons. The fallen mage guild had no shades so if we kept the shadow stalkers we would have taken them out way, way too easily.

Level 29

Remember that neither Golden Guard and Dwarves are aware of the existence of these shadow warriors. Why? Because we killed every single man that faced them. And even if there were survivors, these men served the undead so...

So they are totally not prepared!

Since Gardon met with these dragons at least twice in caves, they might have some experience in walking in tunnels..

Level 20
@Championfighter25 Still shapeshifting into humans beats the reason of using Dragons in the first place.

@LISBOAH You're accually right...I forgot we squashed them back to oblivion.
Still a Dragons greatest asset its his mobility,i think him walking on four an breathing fire inside a tunnel even tho sounds good still is not as good as smashing gryphon riders and pegasuses and arial machineries on the skies.

Level 22
Still shapeshifting into humans beats the reason of using Dragons in the first place.
They shapeshift into humans and then shapeshift back into their original form. it's just a way to deceive the enemy of their true identity.
They can be effective in tunnels, at least the small to medium ones. I can't imagine the big ones even fitting in there.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, happy Sanguinala
yes that's a thing I'm not kiddin'.
Thank you to all the people who have stuck with us and I certainly hope you have enjoyed playing the series. We are nearing the end of the Second Human Book and I'd like to think we can still surprise you with so few levels remaining. Heading into the new year will certainly be interesting and will no doubt provide its own set of challenges but we will see this through.

Have a good day and enjoy the new year as it comes.
timezones my eternal enemy

But one more thing, thank you Shar.
*pass out*

Level 3
@Shar Dundred , In chapter 3 ( where Gardon and co. is beating the s**t out of peasant militia ) when you beat orange ( Assyr village) , you get a legion doom hoom, right? Now, Gardon's cursed blade already provide unholy aura which don't stack so it's a waste. Could please change it to something like:

1. Blue health gem.
2. Belt of giant strength.
3. Crown of kings.
4. Something else.

And same goes for pink too. That lion horn increase just one armor which is negligible but takes one inventory slot. Could you please do something about those?

Last edited:
Level 10
@Shar Dundred , In chapter 3 ( where Gardon and co. is beating the s**t out of peasant militia ) when you beat orange ( Assyr village) , you get a legion doom hoom, right? Now, Gardon's cursed blade already provide unholy aura which don't stack so it's a waste. Could please change it to something like:

1. Blue health gem.
2. Belt of giant strength.
3. Crown of kings.
4. Something else.

And same is for pink too. That lion horn increase just one armor which is negligible but takes one inventory slot. Could you please do something about those?

You know you can replace those items later with better stuff and give aura to... I dunno, Aedale´s sister?

Level 3
You know you can replace those items later with better stuff and give aura to... I dunno, Aedale´s sister?

Cora , you mean?

Gardon and Cora are fighting standing side by side, so what is the point of passing it to Cora? War aura is great ( only thing that is good about gardon's abilities) and there is no point of keeping him out of the battle and pressing on with Cora alone. That leigon doom hoom has to go.

Level 10
Cora , you mean?

Gardon and Cora are fighting standing side by side, so what is the point of passing it to Cora? War aura is great ( only thing that is good about gardon's abilities) and there is no point of keeping him out of the battle and pressing on with Cora alone. That leigon doom hoom has to go.

You can sell it or drop it. Or you can form 2 separate forces. One to maintain forward defense post and one to push forward.

Level 3
You can sell it or drop it. Or you can form 2 separate forces. One to maintain forward defense post and one to push forward.

Yes, there is always an option of selling but isn't that very disappointing? After all that fighting and everything. And to be honest Cora is an outstanding offensive hero. Why would anyone want to keep her as a part of defensive force? That would be a waste. You can erect bunch of towers, get fews pickmen crossbow men , one cleric, one hydro and a catapult -------that is enough to defend the choke points.

I do strongly suggest @Shar Dundred to replace that doom hoom and lion horn with something else.

@LickMyEyeBall , yes skillset are great for a melee fighter but he is not a "hero killer". But his war aura compensate everything. That being said, if you look at Cora, she is deadlier, especially against masses.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes, there is always an option of selling but isn't that very disappointing? After all that fighting and everything. And to be honest Cora is an outstanding offensive hero. Why would anyone want to keep her as a part of defensive force? That would be a waste. You can erect bunch of towers, get fews pickmen crossbow men , one cleric, one hydro and a catapult -------that is enough to defend the choke points.

I do strongly suggest @Shar Dundred to replace that doom hoom and lion horn with something else.

@LickMyEyeBall , yes skillset are great for a melee fighter but he is not a "hero killer". But his war aura compensate everything. That being said, if you look at Cora, she is deadlier, especially against masses.
welp, sometimes Shar's item drops have the same effect with the hero's abilities or hero's specialized items, same case goes with Shield of Honor and Command Aura. I hope he can consider replacing the said Legion Doom Horn with Ancient Janggo of Endurance or some other aura items.

Level 10
I liked ch 9 better than 10, but what Im really hyped for is that ch 11, bring on that cannon!

maybe your wish will come true next christmas :D :D

do you think Shar will make some April 1. cinematic? seeing our chars taking a break, Salana and Larine *kissing*, Gardon and van Durce (have you noticed that we call Gardon Bloodclaw simply Gardon and the other guy van Durce?) playing volleyball, Thanok and Brian on seesaw (teeterboard for our american dudes), tyrant taking care of his girls with sunscreen

Level 3
maybe your wish will come true next christmas :D :D

do you think Shar will make some April 1. cinematic? seeing our chars taking a break, Salana and Larine *kissing*, Gardon and van Durce (have you noticed that we call Gardon Bloodclaw simply Gardon and the other guy van Durce?) playing volleyball, Thanok and Brian on seesaw (teeterboard for our american dudes), tyrant taking care of his girls with sunscreen

Next Christmass??????? Please say you are joking. :O

I believe we will get chapter 11 around may-june.

For now, Shar definitely deserves some rest.

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

We got 4 chapters left right? I think it'd be done just right until next christmas. Maybe even earlier.

Level 10
No spoilers on Aedale until you see her again.

@Boriss: Your never-ending wishes for lesbian relationships like that being added are getting really tiresome, I ask you to stop that since I consider it spam by now.
I have no intentions to fulfil any sexual fantasies with Arkain.

Just to be clear - it does not actually have to be about sex you know. I tried to hint that there are many characters, whose relations with one another are being ignored. We see the hate between van Durce and Bloodclaw, Aedale and her father, Bloodclaw and emperor, van Durce and emperor. A little bit of Murdin story was released. But what about Salana and Larine? Will Larine just run away, or will she try to find a way to dispel Gardon´s enchantment? Or will she meet Aedale on her travels and help her to get gid of her demonic possession? And what will Aedale think of Gardon when she discovers he is ensorcelling his allies? What will our new grandmaster of the flame boyz do? Will he side with van Durce when he learns the truth? What is the other king´s take on all this? If the dwarves learned what Gardon did to the elves, other kingdoms will too. And he lured away their prince´s personal guardian to remake an ancient and hated kingdom. Will the dwarves intervene and use their own magic to free Salana? Will Rahandir? He seems to have started his own plot. Meanwhile, Largoth and his boss are continuing their plot. They can intervene too. If there is to be a final battle with the demon legions, truth must be uncovered, questions answered, the veil of mistrust lifted. Or they risk that it will end just like before. Someone betraying the others to the demons or for his own gain. Then there are orcs and undead. Saphira mentioned she aint interested in big things, but she may yet find it in herself to find her people prosper. So she too may seek to free Salana. And that Rangul´s adoptive daughter Vanessa. We got hints of her changing in orc and undead books. She may lay claim to that big cannon everyone else seeks to get their hands on. She will likely not ally herself with posessed Aedale, but she may prove to be an asset to Larine´s quest. The orcs got some new friends, maybe Vanessa will instead try to make an alliance of orc and elf? These things will probably have to uncover, as none of the mentioned will sit idly and let Gardon take control of the entire continent.

Well, why lesbian fantasy? Because your female characters get the least love in the story. And their plots are indeed interesting. Why Gardon ensorcelled Salana no matter our choice in the 1st human book? What happened to the emperor? And where are the twins?