• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 5
Finally finished it. Paladins + Mortar Teams = Win
That, and also rushing the left side of the map

Also a bug, Horgar's Healing Rune displays 0% healing

Level 10
I smell a plot twist. Gardon is meant to lose the final battle. That would be a Westerosian twist.

Level 3
I smell a plot twist. Gardon is meant to lose the final battle. That would be a Westerosian twist.

Form e neutral perspective, dwarfs did right thing. Gardon literally enslaved elf race. I would have done the same if I were dwarvan king. Van druce is an asshole but he looks like competent asshole. We just see the entire plot from gardon's perspective and we are playing with Gardon's for long enough. Otherwise I don't think van druce himself is any different from Gardon. It's hard to understand who is the real demon here. LOA is Wc3's game of thrones.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I think our portrait of van Durce is highly based on Gardon's perspective of events. Come to think of it, it was the emperor who ordered him to commit treason. If Gardon is willing to sacrifice everything for victory, would he sacrifice his pride and fight alongside van Durce, considering he's not acting on emperor's behalf anymore? I doubt that very much. But both of them pursue the same goal now, which is destroy demons obviously. At this point Zarin's words make sense. Humans cannot unite even at the brink of extinction.

Level 10
Form e neutral perspective, dwarfs did right thing. Gardon literally enslaved elf race. I would have done the same if I were dwarvan king. Van druce is an asshole but he looks like competent asshole. We just see the entire plot from gardon's perspective and we are playing with Gardon's for long enough. Otherwise I don't think van druce himself is any different from Gardon. It's hard to understand who is the real demon here. LOA is Wc3's game of thrones.

I would enslave elves the moment I got the chance, tho it would be for different purposes :D :D
I would probably run with the demons.

Level 3
I think our portrait of van Durce is highly based on Gardon's perspective of events. Come to think of it, it was the emperor who ordered him to commit treason. If Gardon is willing to sacrifice everything for victory, would he sacrifice his pride and fight alongside van Durce, considering he's not acting on emperor's behalf anymore? I doubt that very much. But both of them pursue the same goal now, which is destroy demons obviously. At this point Zarin's words make sense. Humans cannot unite even at the brink of extinction.

To be honest, I don't have any resenment towards van druce , unlike a lot of people here on this thread. I would love to see Ironfist and golden guard fighting side by side.

But I do hate orcs. They just don't do anything apart from attacking human and their allies. Worthless shitheads. If given a chance , I would want to purge them first.

P.S: My favorite race is human in WC3 and I never liked Orcs. So that plays a major role behind my resentment towards orcs here in Arkain.

P.S: @Shar Dundred , I still want Thanok and bloodfists :p :p :p . Could you please?? I will send you cake.

Last edited:
Level 10
To be honest, I don't have any resenment towards van druce , unlike a lot of people here on this thread. I would love to see Ironfist and golden guard fighting side by side.

But I do hate orcs. They just don't do anything apart from attacking human and their allies. Worthless shitheads. If given a chance , I would want to purge them first.

P.S: My favorite race is human in WC3 and I never liked Orcs. So that plays a major role behind my resentment towards orcs here in Arkain.

P.S: @Shar Dundred , I still want Thanok and bloodfists :p :p :p . Could you please?? I will send you cake.

Send him cake and he will throw it at you using catapult :D

Level 20
I had forgotten how fun was playing vs Zergs...All jokes aside...
This was a fuck fest of a chapter...

I also LOVE it some one accually joined Golden Guard...I mean,Team Gardon was getting everything,bout time Golden Tin Heads got something in return as well.

Oh Highprist's(Hero) heal rune tooltip has a mistake,it says it regenerates 0% of targets hp.

Man i would kill from some hydromancers and golems on this chapter.

Level 29
It seems like team Golden Guard is growing in power on Hive.

You are feeding them Shar :D

I wonder how well this alliance work against an entity that could rival Aridon in power and black dragons... The dwarves were having trouble beating kobolds and rats so they will most likely get...roasted!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The dwarves were having trouble beating kobolds and rats so they will most likely get...roasted!
They were scattered, surrounded and their enemies were supported by fire golems.
You should've played the first version of the chapter, ask @Kasrkin about how it was with like double the amount of golems.

Now they are not scattered anymore, now they are in for some real battle.

Level 20
To be fair...Gardon got me worried(he is accumulating alot of power).Let's be fair.
with Blen gone(for now),dispite him being a dreadfull character Gardon gets free hand in all matters.I mean who is gonna really stand up to him?

Elfs are pretty much gone(not they had any chance) unless Larin can do anything bout it (Go redhead power).
Harmos allied himself with Gardon add here the fact his order is on shambles so he has no chance of standing up to him.
The remnant of the kingdoms are working with Gardon.
He has a political marriage that pretty much legitimizes his position as king.
A bunch of pillagers allied with horsemen and hyenas wont do anything to him.

As you can see pretty much the list of people who can stand up to them includes:
GG+Dwarves
Demons(LUL,they be getting their ass kicked hard)
Undeads they still feel shady on all this matter.
On top of that

HE GOT FOKIN DRAGONS AS WELL.

Also we still know jack shit about his past.

I am not saying i am all of a sudden a Golden Guard fangirl but To much power on some one who utilizes questionable methods can never be good.

Level 22
To be fair...Gardon got me worried(he is accumulating alot of power).Let's be fair.
with Blen gone(for now),dispite him being a dreadfull character Gardon gets free hand in all matters.I mean who is gonna really stand up to him?
Gardon is your friend.
Gardon is your saviour.
Gardon is your hero.
Gardon is your love.
Gardon is your life.
Gardon never sacrifice you for blood shield.
Gardon always help you.
Gardon fights for you.
And he will die for you.
It's time too see past the Golden Guard's lies and be on the right side. :p

Level 29
Gardon is your friend.
Gardon is your saviour.
Gardon is your hero.
Gardon is your love.
Gardon is your life.
Gardon always help you.
Gardon fights for you.
And he will die for you.

Become one of us.
One of us.
One of us!
ONE OF US!
:)

Level 3
Gardon is your friend.
Gardon is your saviour.
Gardon is your hero.
Gardon is your love.
Gardon is your life.
Gardon always help you.
Gardon fights for you.
And he will die for you.

I can join team Gardon only if I get thanok and bloodfists and cheaper elites.

Level 2
We're gonna see who's the real shit in the ending of chapter 11.
There is a saying that gold is as worthless as the golden guard who wears it, so we already know how it will end. :p

GG + Dwarves vs. IF + Elves + Kerrel Army + Black Dragons (not counting the Flame Orders and Sapphira undead party)
If the GG has any other secret weapon, now's the time to use it unless they want to get spiked at the butt by Thanok. :rolleyes:

Level 22
GG + Dwarves vs. IF + Elves + Kerrel Army + Black Dragons (not counting the Flame Orders and Sapphira undead party)
If the GG has any other secret weapon, now's the time to use it unless they want to get spiked at the butt by Thanok. :rolleyes:
They have the plan of transporting troops from the continent of the human empire through portals. We shall have to wait and see how much troops will get through.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
They have the plan of transporting troops from the continent of the human empire through portals. We shall have to wait and see how much troops will get through.
You mean from the continent with the Emperor who no longer considers them his faithful servants but traitors to be left behind?

Level 2
I've been thinking whether the cannon will get destroyed while both factions busy fighting each other.
They both seem to rely on it pretty much.

Last edited:
Level 2
From past spoilers about the coming chapters Shar said we are going to use it in chapter 12 so i really doubt it will get destroyed.

Guess I was missing some of them back in the day, may I get to know the spoilers of the last 3 chapters? Oh and about Claire's backstory, heard someone mentioned it before.

Level 22
Guess I was missing some of them back in the day, may I get to know the spoilers of the last 3 chapters? Oh and about Claire's backstory, heard someone mentioned it before.
Here are the spoilers i was talking about. They are for chapter 10( which is released) , 11 and 12.

Chapter Ten - The Aid
You will be playing as the Dwarves and fight some threats neither human nor demonic.
The greenskins are pillaging the dwarven realm and a new enemy, led by Progaderas the Smoking,
has risen from the deep.
You will be offered assistance.... for a prize that is not gold. And no, no lumber either.

Chapter Eleven - The Desire
You wanna punch Renald van Durce in the face? Well, here you go!
Keep in mind that the Golden Guard still has massive numbers - you people underestimated their
numbers severly when discussing their fate here!
In addition, they are working on portals to teleport forces directy from the other continent to Arkain.
Also, van Durce himself will be even more powerful in this mission than he was in Chapter Nine.
Your goal will be to take the cannon and slaughter van Durce, obviously.
If you made a right choice long, long ago, you might get help from an old friend.
If you made a wrong choice not too long ago, you might face your worst nightmare.

Chapter Twelve - The Slaughter
This is a big defense mission - no, not timed.
You have to defend the cannon against all enemies - Demons, Orcs, Rahandir's Undead...
At the same time, you have the cannon and can use it against your enemies - takes a long time to use, though!

If you want to know Claire's backstory then here is the link to all Arkain short stories.
Short Stories of Arkain
Search for ''Diary of a Soldier''

Level 2
Here are the spoilers i was talking about. They are for chapter 10( which is released) , 11 and 12.

Chapter Ten - The Aid
You will be playing as the Dwarves and fight some threats neither human nor demonic.
The greenskins are pillaging the dwarven realm and a new enemy, led by Progaderas the Smoking,
has risen from the deep.
You will be offered assistance.... for a prize that is not gold. And no, no lumber either.

Chapter Eleven - The Desire
You wanna punch Renald van Durce in the face? Well, here you go!
Keep in mind that the Golden Guard still has massive numbers - you people underestimated their
numbers severly when discussing their fate here!
In addition, they are working on portals to teleport forces directy from the other continent to Arkain.
Also, van Durce himself will be even more powerful in this mission than he was in Chapter Nine.
Your goal will be to take the cannon and slaughter van Durce, obviously.
If you made a right choice long, long ago, you might get help from an old friend.
If you made a wrong choice not too long ago, you might face your worst nightmare.

Chapter Twelve - The Slaughter
This is a big defense mission - no, not timed.
You have to defend the cannon against all enemies - Demons, Orcs, Rahandir's Undead...
At the same time, you have the cannon and can use it against your enemies - takes a long time to use, though!

If you want to know Claire's backstory then here is the link to all Arkain short stories.
Short Stories of Arkain
Search for ''Diary of a Soldier''
Thx a bunch

Level 3
Chapter 10 is the worst map make you meeting the unusual difficulties than the undead mission 8 or second human book mission 9.

-Located at central,getting rape by 6 enemies if you insist staying on Central by adopting defensive position like before.Force you to exchange home with north west enemy,and reserve area and route for goblins-orcs and fire geloms to fight each and other
-No allies ,only one time reinforcement.
-Many Goldmine ,But The woods are too few so that all of lumbers can be consumed very shortly !!! The southern area no lumber!
-building 40-50 towers this time can not stop the Fire Golem and siege kobold rushing from south east
-Fire Golem,in fact same as infernals,spawn faster than footman.100 Food army can die as easy as splitting waters.
-Cant even completed the mission without a team of paladin.Other units too weak.No output from range unit(rifleman suck!|) So dwarfs choose golden guard,for ignoring iron fist,even you use elites or blood fist,also wont as hard as padain can!
-Therefore the direction and strategies is limited and one sided,if you dont use whosyourdaddy

Level 22
Ever wondered that maybe it will not be our choice to make?
I mean we did not get a say on who we choose while playing dwarves.
The thing with the dwarves only happened because van Durce needed someone dumb enough to believe his lies. And yes he said some truths about Gardon, but made himself look like the innocent in the situation which is unacceptable.
I do believe we will get a choice. Maybe even a choice to ally with them.

Level 20
The thing with the dwarves only happened because van Durce needed someone dumb enough to believe his lies. And yes he said some truths about Gardon, but made himself look like the innocent in the situation which is unacceptable.
I do believe we will get a choice. Maybe even a choice to ally with them.

I doubt the small lies from Van douch convinced Zarin to join the golden guard.You can clearly see that Zarin had knowlege of Gardon's doings.I mean no one from Goldenguard mentioned the elfs and their fate yet this was Zarin's most vocal point on the reasons why he denied Gardon's help.

My take is,Zarin had made up his mind way before the meeting with both Holy Bastion and Birram.I mean the way how he confronted Birram on IF's sketchy methods made it look like he had this prepared.

Besides you cant really call Dwarves dumb.They choose the lesser of two evils(from their PoV).

Edit (For the forth time):On my eyes Zarin isn't dumb at all...He'd rather take his chances with Golden Guard and set up a friendship deal with them and empire (Van Douch is blood related to the emperor) and to the least secure the future of his people than end up as Gardons slave...I mean where the difference between being Gardons personal puppy or Demons lap dog.One side gives you a nice looking leash the other fills your brain with lies.

Last edited:
Level 22
I doubt the small lies from Van douch convinced Zarin to join the golden guard.You can clearly see that Zarin had knowlege of Gardon's doings.I mean no one from Goldenguard mentioned the elfs and their fate yet this was Zarin's most vocal point on the reasons why he denied Gardon's help.

My take is,Zarin had made up his mind way before the meeting with both Holy Bastion and Birram.I mean the way how he confronted Birram on IF's sketchy methods made it look like he had this prepared.
Good points.
Still though he knew the fate of the elves, but didn't care to see what van Durce did to the kingdoms and that he cause the civil war in the first place. He has some serious problems.

Besides you cant really call Dwarves dumb.They choose the lesser of two evils(from their PoV).
They indeed did. But for temporarily saving themselves they put themselves in a 7 ( armies of Kerrel, Salria, Rengar, Elves, Black Dragons, Saphira undead, Gardon's army and some small golden guard deserters, but i'm no going to count them) vs 2 situation ( they and the Golden Guard). Let's see how this will work out for them.

Edit (For the forth time):On my eyes Zarin isn't dumb at all...He'd rather take his chances with Golden Guard and set up a friendship deal with them and empire (Van Douch is blood related to the emperor) and to the least secure the future of his people than end up as Gardons slave...I mean where the difference between being Gardons personal puppy or Demons lap dog.One side gives you a nice looking leash the other fills your brain with lies.
The problem is that van Durce has severed connections with the empire completely so that won't work.

Level 10
Good points.
Still though he knew the fate of the elves, but didn't care to see what van Durce did to the kingdoms and that he cause the civil war in the first place. He has some serious problems.

They indeed did. But for temporarily saving themselves they put themselves in a 7 ( armies of Kerrel, Salria, Rengar, Elves, Black Dragons, Saphira undead, Gardon's army and some small golden guard deserters, but i'm no going to count them) vs 2 situation ( they and the Golden Guard). Let's see how this will work out for them.

Zarin seems not to really be interested in internal matters. As he said, he judges people and groups by their treatment of dwarfs and allies in general. He probably sees van Durce tryin to kill Gardon not as betrayin an ally but as something of a faction splitting, while Gardon enslaving elves is real bad stuff for him.

Level 20
Good points.

1.I think(i might be wrong on this one) the situation was already boiling on the Kingdoms,Van Durce wasn't the main reason of it BUT it acceleratied it alot.There was already rumors of the Kingdoms defecting from the empire add here the Orcs raids,demon constant attacks and the whoal mess that Genethas and Gardon butting heads did.

The major point Van Durce fucked up was his attempt at assasinating Gardon I cant seem to understand why he attempted such a risky act.Maybe he knows more things about Gardon that the majority of the people on Arkain do...I mean he did mention Gardons father.We ourselfs dont know much of Gardon's origins but based on the diary of the soldier and what we have seen there seems to be some pretty fucked up shit happenening inside their faction.

2.Most of the kingdoms are struggeling due to the constant wars,elfs are even weaker than before (alot of them died on the siege) and some people must defend against the demons and orcs so even tho in paper it looks like 7v2 its more even that those numbers make it look like.
And as i mentioned whats the difference between getting rid of the Demons when you are going to end up as Gardon's slave.Might as well take your chances...I guess Zarins philosophy in that moment of choice was...Better die on your own two feet rather then live on your knees.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You also have to keep in mind what the Golden Guard has been doing: Recruiting and training lots of peasants and others, bolstering his forces furthermore.
Also, despite what you might think, they stayed out of any battles for a long time.
Even the attack on Gardon was merely a "minor clash" to them, Retka brought most forces.
In the Elven Kingdom they lost several regiments, but still only part of their forces. They also lost more when the Demons started to get through the Royal Army, but when it comes to numbers, they are outnumbered, yes, but not like 7:2.
I am not saying that you give the Gardon faction too much credit, he deserves every bit of it, you underestimate van Durce though.
They also have the best engineer of the entire continent, supplying them with golems, airships and other weaponry while building a huge cannon.
They is a bigass battle ahead.

Level 29
You also have to keep in mind what the Golden Guard has been doing: Recruiting and training lots of peasants and others, bolstering his forces furthermore.

But these recruits lack both proper training ad experience. Meanwhile Gardon's forces have experience in fighting demons, undeads, orcs...

They also have the best engineer of the entire continent, supplying them with golems, airships and other weaponry while building a huge cannon.

They might have a good engineer, but since they no longer have the Empire supplying both money and resources, their production of weaponry is now much lower. And they don't have many suppliers in the continent given that most are on Gardon's side.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Quick report #2 bout new units 'n' stuff. So, new units fit in well. Especially banishers. Hydromancers where great with that accelerting spell, but now I have to replace them with necromancers. I've always felt like necromancers are garbage(yes I said that), but now unholy frenzy is the only way you buff your units, considering there is no inner fire or acceleration anymore. Darksteel golems, tho. Are their stats higher than regular golems'? I think they are. Their "natural" HP regen is 0.25( if i calculated it right), but I feel like you could just remove the autorepair upgrage, and give them natural HP regen of 3, or maybe 2.5. Not much to say about paladins, they are just a great addition.