• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Zarin is now the king of the dwarves? When did that happen?
He always was the king of the Dwarves, I just didn't put his title in cinematics in the First Book.

You might wanna take into consideration that, in comparison to the Elves, the Dwarves
have a MASSIVE military with tons of experience and lots of siege weapons while Queen
Renova didn't take the measurements neccessary to participate in the war.
Salana is trying to undo this, but the Dwarves are still superior in both numbers and strategy.
In a Elves VS Dwarves scenario, the Elves would be screwed without reinforcements.

Last edited:
Level 29
Looked like some low key "whoever you choose you gonna get rekt anyway" choices. No details about those choices to discuss or to speculate, really. But for the record: I'd go with Golden Guard.

Really?!

You might wanna take into consideration that, in comparison to the Elves, the Dwarves
have a MASSIVE military with tons of experience and lots of siege weapons while Queen
Renova didn't take the measurements neccessary to participate in the war.
Salana is trying to undo this, but the Dwarves are still superior in both numbers and strategy.
In a Elves VS Dwarves scenario, the Elves would be screwed without reinforcements.

Good to know...

I always knew that the Dwarves were far more advanced in terms of technology than other races. Though I suppose that they will lack good spellcaster units, right?

And I suppose that dwarves have greater lifespans than both humans and elves, which allowed them to gain more experience in fighting?

Level 22
Really?!

Good to know...

I always knew that the Dwarves were far more advanced in terms of technology than other races. Though I suppose that they will lack good spellcaster units, right?

And I suppose that dwarves have greater lifespans than both humans and elves, which allowed them to gain more experience in fighting?
The lacking of good spell caster units part won't be a problem if we align with the Ironfist. We may not be able to train their spellcasters, but if we coordinate attacks it shouldn't be a problem

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Though I suppose that they will lack good spellcaster units, right?

The next chapter will tell, remember the runepriest hero standing there? ;)

Dwarves have the same lifespan as Elves - so pretty long, much longer than Humans'.

Level 20
Gotta love this.Midgets are as pragmatic as ever and this situation plays totally in their favor.Maybe they can leeche off even more from either GG or IF after the "vermin" issue has been delt with.

One simple question i had.
Sinc Zarin worked with Salana,whome on her part was an ally of Gardon are we to expect even more severe penalties/higher gains if we are to ally with Gardon?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 20
Besides the usuall lose/gain situation we have on our hands.

Will we take a greater hit if we choose to ally GG or take a greater bonus if we chose to ally IF,because of Zarins past(he did work with Salana whome is a puppy of Gardon).So naturally his men "might" be more reluctant fighting against former allies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Announcement:
Arkain Industries is working full speed before a short Christmas break!
We aim to finish & test the next chapter before the holidays and will then pause progress until the new year!
Stay tuned for the final torment of 2017!

Should we not manage to finish the next chapter before Christmas, we will NOT take a break until it is finished!

Level 29
Announcement:
We aim to finish & test the next chapter before the holidays and will then pause progress until the new year!

Should we not manage to finish the next chapter before Christmas, we will NOT take a break until it is finished!

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Chapter Ten is coming to town

Shar is preparing it
And checking it twice
Gonna post it soon
Chapter Ten is coming to town
:D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@subzz
Announcement:

Level 10
Sweet mother, sweet mother,
send your child unto me,
for the sins of the (golden guard)
must be baptised in blood and fear

and if it happens that you have dovahkiin there, send him too,
gonna be a lot of shouting and flaming around here soon

Level 3
Sweet mother, sweet mother,
send your child unto me,
for the sins of the (golden guard)
must be baptised in blood and fear

and if it happens that you have dovahkiin there, send him too,
gonna be a lot of shouting and flaming around here soon

Wow!!! someone please give him a cookie.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Doing good progress on Chapter Ten.
I am optimistic we can release the chapter as planned.

Is the faction update coming out alongside new chapter?
Ironfist and Golden Guard units, you mean? Yes.
If we're talking about the big faction system, though... No. Absolutely not.

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Doing good progress on Chapter Ten.
I am optimistic we can release the chapter as planned.

Ironfist and Golden Guard units, you mean? Yes.
If we're talking about the big faction system, though... No. Absolutely not.
Yeah, I meant the new units. It would be silly to expect an enormous update such as the faction system that soon.

Level 20
You know it recently came to my attation(due to re-playing the first HU book) that Sir Lerring and his army aren't that incompetent as they seem to be and that genuinely that he,like most of the other guys was trickt by Genethas.Kinda bummed seeing him go that early on book 2.
Whats everyones though on him.

Level 22
You know it recently came to my attation(due to re-playing the first HU book) that Sir Lerring and his army aren't that incompetent as they seem to be and that genuinely that he,like most of the other guys was trickt by Genethas.Kinda bummed seeing him go that early on book 2.
You can keep him alive if even one of your non-hero units reaches the base in chapter 1. I wonder if we spare him when will he come back?

Level 20
I ment as in he does not make a comeback later on(yet),I know he can be kept alive if our golden guard companions fail to survive during the road.

Level 29

He gets tricked by Genethas and joins him.

On the second book, he leads an assault on the demons and only he survives. Then he has the nerve of acting like he is the good guy and Gardon is the villain, even though he was on the side of a traitor.
I felt no regret in watching him die.

You can keep him alive if even one of your non-hero units reaches the base in chapter 1. I wonder if we spare him when will he come back?

I hope not.
If he returns, I hope he appears as an enemy, so that we have the chance of killing him.

Level 22
On the second book, he leads an assault on the demons and only he survives.
The worst part is that he lost half of the base's garrison and only destroyed 3 demon gates. That just proves how bad he is ( in my opinion)

I hope not.
If he returns, I hope he appears as an enemy, so that we have the chance of killing him.
I think he will return. Where can he really run?
I bet we will face him in chapter 11. (if we spared him of course)

Level 20
In fact he acknowledges the fact he got tricked and lets be honest for every new timer of this campaign there is a 50/50 chance of him getting tricked by Genethas as well.On the part about him screwing up i agree.

Let's not forget even Gardon (before the whoal deal with Genethas) gave him some credit as a general by asking him on war related stuff(partly maybe cuz of Blenn absence).He together with Blen took down Darkmind pillagers even tho it seems like(based on Rath's hatred towards Blen)Blenn did play a larger role on taking down Darkmind.
He also urges you to stay away from the unknown base (which i assume were in fact Imperials send on a mission) and lastly assuming you dont join Genethas side as Blen he himself will help Genethas taking down both the pit lord and Aaron.

Just food for thought.Imo.

Edit:
@Championfighter25 He does state that that branch of Royal Fists to a degree refused to work with him.

Level 7
Hi!
I am not playing your map because it takes so much time :oops: but I am used to watch playthrough in a parallel window. (With voice-over :rolleyes:)
Because the story is good and I like the scale of game. You make grand strategy with strong story-telling - that is good point.
Though, I did not like how strong Destructors are (in few last missions). They wreck very hard. That's pretty much their job but would be better to give them more down-side or counter them at some point. There are usually many bases so 1 of them can have very strong anti-air.
I would like to see how each enemy (even low tier) is troublesome in his own way (mainly because I am not playing, I am just watching :D).

Level 3
Hi!
I am not playing your map because it takes so much time :oops: but I am used to watch playthrough in a parallel window. (With voice-over :rolleyes:)
Because the story is good and I like the scale of game. You make grand strategy with strong story-telling - that is good point.
Though, I did not like how strong Destructors are (in few last missions). They wreck very hard. That's pretty much their job but would be better to give them more down-side or counter them at some point. There are usually many bases so 1 of them can have very strong anti-air.
I would like to see how each enemy (even low tier) is troublesome in his own way (mainly because I am not playing, I am just watching :D).

Please don't give him ideas. I play campaigns please don't make it hard for us. :mad::mad:

P.S: Those destructors and elites are ridiculously expensive. :(:(

Level 7
Fortunately, I have an idea for Destructors: they could be attacked by Catapults and Cannon Towers (taking siege-to-fortified damage) because they seem exceptionally big and that MUST make some disadvantage. If the base is heavily guarded by Cannon Towers then you must wipe them with Catapults first. (Might be a good spot somewhere)

@KrogothAre we supposed to beat our enemys with Sticks and Harsh words now?
Just make long play a little bit more rewarding then.
Once game gets more content, you will not complain about putting more effort into it.
It is beta, isn't it?
So let the idea live for future.

Fortunately, I have an idea for Destructors: they could be attacked by Catapults and Cannon Towers (taking siege-to-fortified damage) because they seem exceptionally big and that MUST make some disadvantage. If the base is heavily guarded by Cannon Towers then you must wipe them with Catapults first. (Might be a good spot somewhere)

Once game gets more content, you will not complain about putting more effort into it.
It is beta, isn't it?
Considering it's a 12 food unit, it only punishes players for no real benefit. I'm unsure if what you watch already reflect this update.

Level 20

It is beta, isn't it?

First of all your imput aint vaild at all(regarding game balance issues).You yourself have not played the game.Playing it with just watching it are two different things.
Second ITS 12 FOOD COST.At best you can build up to 5(thats 60 food taken) the rest go into heros and troops to defend your base.
Third. TOWERSPAM is getting nerfed>much more troops to defend your base.
Fourth.The maps are hard as it is.If you want variety on gameplay then,either other unites have to get buffed,or the enemys must be nerfed.

Yeah we joke about Shar planing new ways to makes us suffer but there is a fine line on being hard and BEING unplayable.Let's not forget your avarage hiver that visits the campaign section aint coming here for a hardcore melee experience,he'd rather play a map that has dynamic and enjoyable gameplay and a good story rather go through a grind fest of five hours.

Level 20
We got the Gryphones of the dwarves...Talking about Dwarves.

@Shar Dundred You did mention that Dwarves numbers were very big,as well they were really well militerized.
Say could Dwarves pose a direct threat to Gardon's Kingdom?
I mean just Dwarves and Gardon without the Golden Guard or Empire involved.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

We lack air units in general. But many levels are built in a way that you are passing it stage by stage, conquering one base, establishing new outpost and moving further so I find it even at a point.