1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Chapter 3 isn't as hard, since you have Gardon with his beneficial auras, as well as cora....in this chapter you start off with no heroes...

2. Tash

Tash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm. The Undead is quite interesting...

3. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I already told you a strategy on how to deal with them.All you need is to make sure to use your spellcasters spells properly.

4. CY The UnGodly

CY The UnGodly

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not to mention blue uses its acolytes to defend its base..... plus I've been wondering @Shar, about the final chapter in the First Human Book... what the hell is the use of the Red Human base there? is it there just to sit around and be cute? XD

5. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    If aedale gets corrupted by that point, she and a host of her demons appear at that base and fight for your side

6. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The chapter was easy, the only reason it took so long was because we had to find out what was causing the crashtodesktop.exe used by the vengeful deathlords.

We might need to have more missions without a hero if you're all having this much trouble.

Edit: NEWS FROM THE PEACEKEEPERS AGENTS,
    I've just been informed more chapters without hero support have been planned.

7. Shain Dundred

Shain Dundred

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warkeeper Agents*

Peace + Arkain = ERROR

Peace ∩ Arkain = ∅

8. Tash

Tash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who is the Emperor? Is it you, Shar?

9. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope...If you have seen "Behind the scenes of arkain" cinematic the guy who always screams is Shar.He said he won't be featuring himself into Arkain world.

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He always busy with his little business company, so he won't make appearance. Oh that reminds me, I have some shopping to do :p

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's standing in the first post,Tash, that the current Emperor is Theodor the Second.

12. Tash

Tash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh lol. Sorry I didn't read the first post. :vw_death:

The map attached to the first post in just a demo, right? It's not yet complete?

13. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No problem.

Yes, exactly.

14. Tash

Tash

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I completed this already. Will all my progress be lost on the next update?

15. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, it won't.

16. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    So any progress on Chapter 5 ?

17. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When there's anything to report, I will tell you...

18. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    It took me a great deal of time to finish chapter 4, Damnit!
    the guards on the first group of trebuchets are a pain in the neck
    I still dont understand when can the enemy see my shadows lol
    After I attacked the first line of defenders, the others saw me and kicked my ass lol
    My strategy first was to get rid of the blue undead base then attacked the city and it worked
    You cant attack in full force, you have to win through attrition and guerrilla tactics
    About the mayor and his guards, holy crap Shar why did you have all those units around him??, when I try to lure a few of them to my forces, instead I got the whole army on me and my forces are destroyed lol
    The game crashed twice I think when I was attacking the final base "Magee Guild", that was a few days ago dont remember exactly when it crashed but at the third time it worked well
    I just noticed there's a new version you said that the trebuchets defenders have been reduced a little :3

Overall, the missions are AWESOME and Lord Brian is a badass!

19. Pownage

Pownage

Resources:
    Resources:
    So currently playing the lovely no-hero chapter there is one thing worth noting, Trebuchet's cannot attack buildings I am unsure if this is intended as I can use attack ground to just destroy buildings anyway.

Chapter 4 - Clicking on the Ark buildings unlocks the power of the sun to obliterate your enemies iris's

This is all for now :p

20. Pownage

Pownage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess some hints for chapter 5 could help. Note this may include spoiler, it is better to play for yourself and feel the accomplishment of overcoming this obstacle.

Consider sacrificing your early units for a more numbered army or so you can gather gold quicker, you start above the "No upkeep" limit of 50. I did this to upgrade the 3/3 and spellcaster upgrades quicker.

Immediately kill the Blue undead base, its harassment slows you down and its extra goldmine is useful.

!IMPORTANT! Truesight range is extended viscously, use it to find shades (Yes there ARE a lot of shades look for them!) with your scout towers allowing you to get your invisible units in further.

Snow can be built upon for towers.

Build towers for your later defence of the trebuchet's, also make Guard Towers in case gargoyles attack.

Know when to retreat, you don't have heroes to back you up. Make tower checkpoints so you always have positions to fall back on. (E.g. the only exits from the city make amazing chokepoints)

More Hints/Edit: You don't need to be the melee backbone, Your ally can provide that. For most of the attacks I was actually just making priests, hydromancers and Necromancers to support allies (Frost Shield, Inner Fire, Healing, Slowing the enemy, Crushing Wave burst etc...) Grey wolves also provide +3 armor aura, This totals to a whopping +13 armor!

Upon entering the city focus on killing the first orange right hand base first over the rohir nexus to the left, the Rohir nexus is much less aggressive and brown will tend to focus the right base first. Edit: The right path is blocked

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015