• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 20
I don't know why it happens, I didn't do anything to make it happen and the campaign works
just fine for me in the editor. If I added protection mechanisms, I would tell you that.
No offense, but I am not going to look into that one. It was nothing I did and fixing such a thing
isn't something I consider that vital anyway - it might as well be something I couldn't fix if I wanted.
The important part, for me anyways, is that I can open the campaign and keep working on it.
Maybe the next update fixes it somehow anyway.
The 1.30.4 editor can open it. :)

Level 27
That desperate to find out how to get that special unit that you want to look at the editor? ;)
TIL there's a special unit in the campaign. Maybe it's time for me to do another playthrough, and hopefully, this time I'll be less of a coward and actually set the difficulty to Hard.

Also, here's my (totally justified and not biased at all) tier list.
tier.png

And yes, I have a personal grudge against every one who spam Holy Light, Divine Shield, or Resurrection. Those attack waves from the last chapter of First Orc Book are still haunting me.

Level 3
Thanks for making it weird
Wait a minute! After careful pondering on what would make it weird, let me clarify. I was referring to fluff. NOT SMUT. I didn't think about any 'weird' development. No need to reply, just needed to clarify. -Khush signing out.

Level 27
it's only weird if your head makes it weird.

Also, if I want smut, I would not go for such an obvious pairing like Zoia x Blen, but instead more spicy ones like Gardon x van Durce and Ornasion x Kersidar or worse, Galareth x Brockta and Bonelords x Krom.

I, of course, don't want any of this to become reality. But if it makes any of you guys feel extreme discomfort and unable to sleep at night(s), it's good enough for me.

Level 3
it's only weird if your head makes it weird.

Also, if I want smut, I would not go for such an obvious pairing like Zoia x Blen, but instead more spicy ones like Gardon x van Durce and Ornasion x Kersidar or worse, Galareth x Brockta and Bonelords x Krom.

I, of course, don't want any of this to become reality. But if it makes any of you guys feel extreme discomfort and unable to sleep at night(s), it's good enough for me.
I can't imagine Bonelords x Krom[/SPOILER]. Not anatomically, at least. But hey, whatever floats our boats! Prost!

Level 29
View attachment 391899

From what mission is that?... and where do I find the next part or FF or custom art?
From what I recall, you have to make Salana reject Gardon's offer in the "Allies" mission in the First Human Book in for this to happen. But I could be wrong.

Edit:
By the way, if you go to the Official Arkain Timeline, you will know that this scene is canon. And apparently Larine has some Yandere vibes.

Last edited:
Level 20
Actually, the "Elves of the Ironfist" is the ONLY thing that triggers it. Even if Salana rejects Gardon's offer, he still makes her the queen, unless you choose the "Elves of the Ironfist" leadership bonus. The rejection of the offer only changes the cutscene before "Long Live the Queen", where Salana is more reluctant to meet Gardon, and she calls him a murderer, but in the end, she falls into his trap anyway, and he gives her the same treatment he would have given her in the FHB. After that, the story is the same.

Level 29
Actually, the "Elves of the Ironfist" is the ONLY thing that triggers it. Even if Salana rejects Gardon's offer, he still makes her the queen, unless you choose the "Elves of the Ironfist" leadership bonus. The rejection of the offer only changes the cutscene before "Long Live the Queen", where Salana is more reluctant to meet Gardon, and she calls him a murderer, but in the end, she falls into his trap anyway, and he gives her the same treatment he would have given her in the FHB. After that, the story is the same.

If I remember correctly, if we do this, Larine realizes that Gardon brainwashed Salana, she is pretty much exiled for the second time and flees. She later tries to kill Brian with a special arrow, one that is supposed to kill even a powerful Dreadlord, but, obviously, it has no effect on Brian. He then lets her flee because he knows that she can't do anything. She doesn't have any legitimate proof and she is an exile.

Level 20
If I remember correctly, if we do this, Larine realizes that Gardon brainwashed Salana, she is pretty much exiled for the second time and flees. She later tries to kill Brian with a special arrow, one that is supposed to kill even a powerful Dreadlord, but, obviously, it has no effect on Brian. He then lets her flee because he knows that she can't do anything. She doesn't have any legitimate proof and she is an exile.
Nope, that was in the beta version of the Second Human Book, but Shar removed it.

Level 27
I should have saved this for Question Time, but I feel like sating my curiosity.

In the "Birth of a World" tale, there's this part about Aridon:
Only the Avatar of Death, heavily wounded, managed to survive. But his wounds wouldn't heal. He had forseen all of this, he knew he would die and did, what he had to do: He sealed away his creation, the Dark Elves, and disappeared.

The underlined part I don't quite get it. Does it mean:
1. He had foreseen all of this, he knew he would die and he did die, so he did what he had to do.
2. He had foreseen all of this, he knew he would die (but in the end not actually died), and did what he had to do.

If I am to go by the second intepretation, then it means that his death is just implied, and he did not actually died, because it just said he 'disappeared' afterwards, which also means he lied others about the part where he killed himself, which also means his vision had not been reliable, ever since before the Orcs arrived.

Level 22
I should have saved this for Question Time, but I feel like sating my curiosity.

In the "Birth of a World" tale, there's this part about Aridon:
Only the Avatar of Death, heavily wounded, managed to survive. But his wounds wouldn't heal. He had forseen all of this, he knew he would die and did, what he had to do: He sealed away his creation, the Dark Elves, and disappeared.

The underlined part I don't quite get it. Does it mean:
1. He had foreseen all of this, he knew he would die and he did die, so he did what he had to do.
2. He had foreseen all of this, he knew he would die (but in the end not actually died), and did what he had to do.

If I am to go by the second intepretation, then it means that his death is just implied, and he did not actually died, because it just said he 'disappeared' afterwards, which also means he lied others about the part where he killed himself, which also means his vision had not been reliable, ever since before the Orcs arrived.
In the beginning of the second undead book, Aridon says he died, yet he returned, since the Avatar of Death doesn't just die, so it can be technically interpreted as both.
You could say his powers resurrected him.

Level 27
In the beginning of the second undead book, Aridon says he died, yet he returned, since the Avatar of Death doesn't just die, so it can be technically interpreted as both.
You could say his powers resurrected him.
Damn, I remember watching that cinematic, but my dumb brain somehow forgot all the details.

On the other hand, I have been enlightened by lore enthusiasts like you, so thanks a lot. You deserve a spot in the Zirr Nexus.

Level 9
Alrighty folks, here's another Arkain tier list. This time, it's about the parenting of each and every character.

Screenshot (202).png

S tier would be "amazing parent", pretty self explanatory
A tier would be "good parent, but can be questionable at times"
B tier is basically just a "fine" tier, where the characters have some good things going for them, but also a few bad ones
C tier would be "bad parent, child will be most likely ok (most likely is a keyword here), but will develop bad habits"
D tier would be "someone please save this child", meaning that the kid will either die or will experience some absolutely awful things that are probably not healthy for the mind of a child
We all know what's up with the Sas tier though, as we've all seen what happened in the campaigns. And I don't care about the fury of the Redfist supporters, he most definitely deserves this

I did the same top to bottom/left to right ranking that I used on my previous list btw. It makes it more interesting when you're directly comparing the characters, rather than just putting them into tiers and calling it a day.
And I get that there are a few overlaps with the roommate list, but since both of those lists are about how it is to live with these guys, I'm not exactly surprised that it happened (though there are still a lot of differences).

Level 19
I'll edit with my list later but:
-Larine is 100% S tier. We even have the short story to make sure of It. She loves his daughters and let them do what they want.
-Renova... Well at least she saved them from Gardon but didnt get the chance to be his actual mother.
-Keera would be D or even SAS level. She locked Renova because she didnt followed his orders, and she didnt cared at all about her. There IS NO way is B tier.
-I'm a redfist follower and i know he is the BEST father of Arkain. However i would put him in a superior level. He cared about Vanessa, he cares a little about Orie and maybe something about Cora. Nothing to Aedale thats true.
Also to be compared with THAT greenskin... It hurts.
-Talking about greenskins. I'm sure Sasrogarn would throw his children away the very instant his life is threatened.

Level 9
-Larine is 100% S tier. We even have the short story to make sure of It. She loves his daughters and let them do what they want.
The reason I put Larine into high A is because she seemed like a genuinely caring person that could work really well as a mother, though she seemed a little sketchy because she was ok with helping Gardon kill a lot of her people if it meant that Renova is getting removed from power. Wasn't aware of her short story though, I'll definitely make sure to check it out.

-Renova... Well at least she saved them from Gardon but didnt get the chance to be his actual mother.
She just strikes me as a very good mother but a very bad ruler. The latter is obviously more important in the war, which is why she gets so much hate from both the characters and the players. We didn't really get to see how she acts with her kids, but when everything was going bad, they were the first things to come to her mind, which is a good sign.

-Keera would be D or even SAS level. She locked Renova because she didnt followed his orders, and she didnt cared at all about her. There IS NO way is B tier.
Yeah... that was probably one of my bigger inaccurate placements here. I bumped her a little bit higher than I realistically should have, because I imagine she might have changed quite a bit ever since she became an undead, and we're looking at how good the characters would be now, not how good they were before. Which is also the reason why Ornasion isn't lower, because living Ornasion strikes me as an extremely abusive dad. Low B is still probably too high for a "benefit of the doubt" placement though.

-I'm a redfist follower and i know he is the BEST father of Arkain. However i would put him in a superior level. He cared about Vanessa, he cares a little about Orie and maybe something about Cora. Nothing to Aedale thats true.
Also to be compared with THAT greenskin... It hurts.
I admit it, he used to be the best for absolute sure, but as I've mentioned, we're looking at how good the characters are right now, and he's basically the reason why Lisara got freed, and the Dark One that was oppressing the empire got an extremely powerful new servant. I really doubt that he cares even a little bit about Cora, otherwise he wouldn't have called her a "useless moron" for literally no reason (I do get that his mood was even worse than usual cus of Aedale's corruption, but still). She was just lucky enough to be able to leave fast enough, so that she doesn't go as insane as Aedale did (though she's still vulnerable to corruption).
If your children become worse and worse the more time they spend with you, while also not enjoying themselves, then your parenting is extremely questionable at best. He also probably did just as much (if not more) harm to the empire than THAT greenskin, which is kind of hilarious (...and Selior complained about Gardon stealing forces for needless stuff).

-Talking about greenskins. I'm sure Sasrogarn would throw his children away the very instant his life is threatened.
Yeah, most likely. I can see Kersidar or Retka doing that too while also being a lot more abusive. But Sas is probably the most irresponsible character in the entirety of Arkain, beating even Aedale, Renova and maybe Lerrig (who at least tries to make up for his mistakes), which is why he's so low.

Last edited:
Level 5
Can't wait to finally wake up one day and see wall of text so big that my heart will skip a bit imagining the content that I am going to drown in

Level 9
Hold on, there is no Ephrog in tier list

There's no Aaron or Veringar on the list either. I guess they're just too minor or unimpactful to be on the list, and Veringar was just flat out removed I think (we've seen no signs of him in the True Story, and we already have two death knights in Edoarus and Kazardius).

Level 22
It may be a bit old, but the tale of Father Redfist must never be forgotten.

Gather around the campfires of Salria where a thousand Orcs have burned children, gather around. Let me tell you a story, where everyone's favourite Father, the bringer of gifts for all, Father Redfist himself, saved Arkain Christmas by defeating the evil green grinch that caused trouble all year round, Rangul.
Once upon a time, the Orcs were very bad boys. They always did bad things. Father Redfist saw this and did nothing. Unlike his evil counterpart, Kramparidon, who punished them in ways I can't describe, Father Redfist decided to teach them a lesson in a very different way.
Unfortunately, the Orcs never learned. Worst of all, the evil madman leader raider stealer bad things doing grinch himself, Rangul, was not happy. He had everything he wanted, but getting a gift from Father Redfist, he never did. He devised a plan. In the mystical kingdom land of Laplor, Father Redfist's factory was. There, every gift that was ever delivered to everyone was created. Rangul, the ruiner of happiness wanted them all. He prepared his party and set out to find the factory. After 4 days and one Kramparidon frown at the coincidence, he found it. At first, he raided nearly everything, but then, a change of heart happened. He wanted absolutely everything. So he took one of Redfist's girl helpers too. Her name was Vanessa and the entire world was going to get engulfed in the red happiness that was Father Redfist after he found out about it.
One might think he was angry, but unlike a certain Volarian guy, he would never be. He was just... disappointed, for the lack of a better word.
Father Redfist gathered his legions of red friends and helpers and even made some dwarven friends along the way and began his search for the grinch himself, Rangul...
And he found him in a few days. Getting constantly chased by demons, humans and Kramparidon himself in addition to getting help from the Shadow of Arkain Christmas past quickly blows your cover, doesn't it?
So there it was, the clash of the best dad ever and the biggest happiness ruiner ever. Father Redfist of course, was not happy with everything that Rangul did to him. Winter practically ended when Father Redfist saw Rangul. He was just that "happy" that the snow itself melted from all of Arkain.
  • "Rangul you've been a very bad boy!" said Redfist
  • "So?" said Rangul
  • "Oh, it's nothing, I'll just use a little bit of violence this time", said Redfist
  • "And?" said Rangul
  • "Prepare for my exploding in your face fireworks attack", said Redfist
  • "Wait, no...."
And that's how Father Redfist saved Arkain Christmas. For extra details on what happens next, please play Legends of Arkain, SOB. Or maybe don't, because, let's just say that I missed a few small details. They're nothing special, so please, don't! You'll thank me later.

Happy holidays everyone!

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Thanks to work not letting up I'm going to have to come back sooner just to be practical. As in right now, now now actually.

But hey
you just might finally see me upload my playthroughs.

Edit: Oh hey haven't done this in a long time BUT this also means Shar will be reviewing the proposed changes I have made for Pride of the Empire.

Last edited:
Level 20
So, umm... Since Vail got a makeover, with her new outfit and everything, is there a chance, that Larine gets a similar glow up? It always bothered me, that her outfit didn't change, despite becoming the queen of the elves (and also Gardon's lover). Yeah, I have no excuse... I'm a huge Larine simp. :D Soo... is there a chance for best girl to get the Vail (Gardon?) treatment?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
We're at 600+ questions for the AQT. Wow. I am incredibly amazed at the activity we got so far.

Also, I don't wanna spoiler anything but... there'll be some surprises coming in the next act I'll wager.
That's all I am going to say right now though, so I can leave you in agony, wondering about what it
might be while you are forced to wait until I finally release the surprises you are slowly going to long for.
Oh the sweet agony... I mean, stay tuned for updates!

Level 3
God I can't wait for next act where we finally play human book 2 all over again don't get me wrong all of arkain books are legendary but human book 2 ? Perfect.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
God I can't wait for next act where we finally play human book 2 all over again don't get me wrong all of arkain books are legendary but human book 2 ? Perfect.
Apologize for the corniness but it's going to be magical. Now I cannot spoil a thing without Shar banishing me to the shadow realm but we aren't even in the hype stage yet we are in the pre hype stage. Shar has his own plans for the hype building and they're magical.

Level 27
Since anything can be possible at this point, I kinda hope for a redemption arc for Sasrogarn. Aside from him yapping about "muh traditions", I don't think he deserves to die that much, and I can see him being useful to the Orcs/Dominion as a defense commander.

That, and maybe sentient Fleshtearer, with some redeeming qualities. There isn't a single tier list where he (or it, I don't know) is not in D-tier or below.

Level 19
Since anything can be possible at this point, I kinda hope for a redemption arc for Sasrogarn. Aside from him yapping about "muh traditions", I don't think he deserves to die that much, and I can see him being useful to the Orcs/Dominion as a defense commander.
Why? Sasrogarn dont have any experience defending positions (he Lost against both Zarin and the Demons) neither has any leadership skill.

Level 27
He did win against Merlon's fleet and the Knights of Kome though. And Zarin + Salana is a deadly combo anyway. Six Orc clans come at once and still lost to them, so I don't think even Rangul or Amari can stop them, much less Sas.

As for being a defense commander, I think that him being an absolute p-word means that he'll be in base all the time, therefore defending it all the time. Kind of unintentionally useful.

And if all arguments fail, then at least he's not as much of a racist and a village-thieving, wife-burning pillager like his father.

Although, come to think of it, it won't be a big loss if he dies. Just proposing something that I think is mildly interesting is all.

Level 19
As for being a defense commander, I think that him being an absolute p-word means that he'll be in base all the time, therefore defending it all the time. Kind of unintentionally useful.
That´s true but being in the base all the time doesn´t mean he is useful. He is just another one since Sasrogarn is not that strong anyway.

Level 27
He won because Grofzag was with him.
If you recall, during the siege of Kome, Rath berates him for attacking too soon. You know he sucks as a commander when Rath says so.
You have a point. it seems that my memory of the event stems too much from the First Orc Book instead of True Story, when Grofzag was just a generic Warlord and doesn't contribute much.
He is just another one since Sasrogarn is not that strong anyway.
Don't know if gameplay matches lore, but if it is, that means he can summon a volcano, which can be interrupted with one stun, which also means that he's strong, but he just devotes his power to doing dumb and impractical things.

Another reason why I think about keeping him alive is that it could lead to a "funny" scenario later, where if I intentionally fail at the mission where I play as Amari, but succeed as Sas, then other tribes elect him as a leader instead and screw the whole Dominion. Don't know how hard it is to implement it into the campaign though.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Another reason why I think about keeping him alive is that it could lead to a "funny" scenario later, where if I intentionally fail at the mission where I play as Amari, but succeed as Sas, then other tribes elect him as a leader instead and screw the whole Dominion. Don't know how hard it is to implement it into the campaign though.
If the Orcs had actually "abandoned" the Dominion during the Second Book era, they would not have won in Salria.

Level 20
You have a point. it seems that my memory of the event stems too much from the First Orc Book instead of True Story, when Grofzag was just a generic Warlord and doesn't contribute much.

Don't know if gameplay matches lore, but if it is, that means he can summon a volcano, which can be interrupted with one stun, which also means that he's strong, but he just devotes his power to doing dumb and impractical things.

The entire point of the SOB is that all these various races need to learn how to work together to survive. They need to set aside their prejudices, their old hatreds, and instead of looking back to the bloody past, they need to look forward to the new future, that Amari brings to all these different races. A future of peace and prosperity, where no orc has to raid foreign lands for a living, where no human (salrian or otherwise) has to be afraid of the orcs, mindlessly murdering them for money. People like Amari CAN make Arkain a better place, people like Sasrogarn... not so much. Making him warchief would mean the end of orckind.