• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Level 4
Is it just me or the "give attractive lands" of the Merchant District really drives people away?

The version 1.63 fixes many bugs:
- Carthage trash respawn
- The miner's guild works again
- Give attractive land works properly
- The letter to Alexandria is removed once arrived at destination
- Shops are available to units with inventories
- Carthage pit boss is more visible
- Fix a bug that prevents Greeks to revive Hero
- Reduce Sewing income from 250 to 150
- 2 new destinations are added to the Rome Post Car
- Districts can be switched once created

Now I can focus on other cities and complete the 480 x 480 map. I also plan a Chest mini game to play in the tavern along with the Connect 4.

Level 4
Found a bug in the districts. Replacing a district will remove all the people in the district and stops the district's population growth.

Level 2
Rolus playus : some city gain mana even with no taxes( yea i created core and removed other)
Spartan farm is the most op income i have ever seen
why there are city upgradaeble and others no
having 10 colonies to become censor is a bit too much, I got the 3 capital while doing this because half city don't have upgrade
Btw Thats a great MAP

Actually you may have city that doesn't have you faith. Those ones create 0.5 mana per minute and can't be upgraded. You need to convert them to your religion with your temple. I will improve tootips about it in the next version.

Edit: Actually, there is a bug with the Egyptians and the Germans. I've made a mistake with those two countries by swapping their faith.

Last edited:
This map could really gain interest with less small RP thingies and more real Ancient era typed jobs at a higher scale, like merchants, annuitants, governors, senators (with real political possibilities that affects your country), generals etc... It takes too much time to get into the game and feel important in a "country".
I'd suggest a third mode that can be picked by the host and which randomize your job/country, as if you were born in the Antiquity (and couldn t choose your position) and then try to get important. You could then be able to seize power thanks to political influence, or by taking the arms, by using your money etc etc... Or try to become an independant country and found your empire/city-state

The version 1.64 is out and fixes some annoying bugs.
-You no longer gain mana for no reason in your cities
-Religion bug is fixed (tooltip is added if it is not good religion)
-Woman skin changes
-District can be built only when you are a Legate
-District no longer loose population when swap
-Fix display for guilds
-Fix a bug with the fishes in Alexandria
-Fix the Fair Trade bug display
-Improve fishing revenu

I'm still working on the other cities and the new mode, but I wanted to fix the big mana bug before.

Level 2
Can i suggest a nerf for spartan farm ??
Because i can get 40 000 gold with them in 40 min and in 2 hours ummmmm 600 000 Gold . I JUST SPAM HELIOTS AND guards. I think all products should stop at 80.000 or make products cost money to be produced.

Level 15
I don't have much game time under my belt, but I felt that the army job was lacking, didn't quite understand it.

One idea is that all players no matter their origins can join the Roman Army and gain renown abroad doing their duty. It could almost be as big a part as a city. After all A military camp was basically a small city, whores, cooks, gambling markets and who knows what. If I remember correctly even the families often traveled with the army.

So my suggestion is make another "city": Military Camp Stationed abroad.

Last edited:
Level 2
Actually, there is a military job (and a little little little camp).

However it's not really an interesting job. You just have to pick your army and defeat the army of a second player into an arena.
On the other hand, add a big camp at the west of Rome could be a good way to fill the space. Nobody play chariot races.

And I am not sure that add other cities is a good idea, almost all player pick Rome. Or you could add a random option for the red player.

I've encounted a big problem in my map that prevents me to do any major updates. Actually, I can't add any new triggers to my map due to the technical limitations of the editor. I could solve this problem by removing some features (inventory, save/load). However, I think these features are nice and should be in the game.

So I will make an update about the Capitals system. Each player will be able to build his own Capital with its own city lands. The system will look like Caesar 3 with the jobs and population. I coudn't do much after this big uppdate. I could add new capitals to visit, but it will be just for show, with no special jobs inside. With that said, I can still manage to fix and improve the ancients jobs and cities.

With the Grimoire, you're allowed to have 75 000 lines of codes. However, I can manage some spaces by removing triggers descriptions and compacting some others. Actually, there is no technical limits of the amount of triggers you can have. However, in order to use certain triggers you need the grimoire on. For now, I'm working on the player capital system.

Each player will be able to upgrade a City into its capital. Depending of the terrain, it will be able to produce certains goods and foods. Your Capital will have houses which need some ressources to evolve: water access, entertainment, school, food, temple... If you have played the Caesar serie, it will be quite similar. You will build roads along your buildings. You will be able to trade ressources between capital or conquer them.

Level 28
Did you get around the code limit?

Wait, just found out I hadn't even looked at 1.64.

Athens doctor: For 11, 10, 5 and 3 three patients left, the message reads 30 instead. Also, he tells you 0 more patients for the last one.

An idea: for guild jobs, maybe make the easier/faster/better paying as you get better? For example, treating a patient reduces operation risk by 1% and sewing time by 1 second, mining rocks takes one second less with every rock killed, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, someone helps me in that instance ans gave a new editor to work with. I no longer have this issue. That's why I work more to add extra content. For instance, each building you build in your Capital will provide specific stuff :
-You will be able to organize events in your hippodrome and Colisseum
-You can recruit people in your temples
-You will be able to judge criminals in your City and receive various bonuses depending of that
-You can perform researches in your University to improve urbanism
-Your houses will give you more incomes if you upgrade them

An idea: for guild jobs, maybe make the easier/faster/better paying as you get better? For example, treating a patient reduces operation risk by 1% and sewing time by 1 second, mining rocks takes one second less with every rock killed, etc.
-> Interesting one: I will do such a thing.

Besides that, a lot of bugs of the version 1.64 has been fixed. My only concern is the lag issue because of the massive triggers that the Capital system requires. That's why I could use some testers to check it.

I'm posting an Beta of the version 1.7 for that matter. You can therefore tell me your impressions about the new mode and the features in it. I'm not completly done with it. I still have to configure the capture of Capitals and I have to add properly the skin shop for Heroes for instance.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=prdzvl

You may also see vague empty spaces for future cities. Actually I think I will fill them up later on.

Last edited:
Level 9
I found some tooltip problems...

-The Punic has "distance".. but its melee
-The "Archer" has a haradim swordman model..
-The logistics ability have that every level incrases life regeneration

Hello, first of all. I have played your amazing map, It's better than LoaP, Fine jobs, fine models. But: it has some annoying bugs, I could not play it well because of some of these bugs like: since we started the game I had 5fps on the game (my PC can run any game on ultra) I don't know what is the problem with that I could not enjoy the map 'cause of this bug, Second. There's a bug on travelling, if you want to go from a city to city or from a country to country, I have been frustrated by the performance issue more I could not exceed more than the 10fps on some areas, I hope you could fix this bug and best of luck. I have enjoyed the map a lot and I'm awaiting this to be fixed. Thanks in advance. :)

Well, the lag is annoying in the game. Actually, if I want to get rid of it, I should rework all my triggers. There are more 80 000 lines of codes that I should write again. It would be too time consuming.

However, in the last version, I reduce the sight in the cities to prevent too many lags. Besides, I also reduce the amount of units for the same purpose. I hope it will be enough.

Level 2
Hey there! I found some bugs in the newest version 1.71, I hope it will be usefull to you

First, sometimes we can't wear any equipments, the bug stays all the game long, we can't do anything
Also, when we do a parade alone (Cause I had nobody with me) it just bugs, and we can't go back there any more, the guy says that the parade is not finished yet.

Finally I have some ideas, PLEASE do something in the quest logs to explain how to get points of renown, you should add mana to the plants to see when it's going to be ready. You should also make some types of citizens, ones with hats and others with swords, so when we must kill someone it says: that guy is this or looks like that. Add way more citizens, so it is more difficult to know who to aim.

By the way, it's a fantastic game.
funny-screen-2.jpg

Level 2
It didn't work, I couldn't wear anything, at the lvl 2. Clicking it just wouldn't do
anything. Oh and also, when a normal citizen enters or exit the hospital, the operation and sewing stuff get back to their places, it's quite annoying.

Anyways, whenever I find some bugs I will post them, oh and sorry if I'm not posting correctly my stuff, I made an account not long ago.

Level 7
Hey purparisien, been a while, I have been testing your map despite the giant lag, and I've found bugs and things you ought to correct, as well as a few suggestions and ideas!

Tweeks and corrections:
-University in Rome blocks the tavern
-Tannery leather and clothes have same description
-Some text isn't so well written (Not a big deal though)

Bugs and Glitches:
-Citizen/Engineer, when using repair, can use repair on a destructible, instantly "repairing" it, thus earning the currency rather quickly
-The equipment tab disappears for unknown reasons, equipment can no longer be equipped or unequipped
-Equipment wont be unequipped when you click it in the equipment menu, unless you press to take it all off or take something else on that is of the same category (P.S. it also does not take off main hand weapon when taking all the weapons off
-Stats don't increase from jobs that give stats after a certain amount of time - This really is one of the bigger problems, as you have to save and remake cause f this, and it happens after 15-25 minutes of game-play, it's a must-correct issue
-If 1 person has a carriage and organizes races, they can play alone and get 1000 currency points and + renown like this, an exploit that needs a bit of fixing
-The doctor job keeps saying "Keep doing it 30 more times" after 2-3 sometimes 7 times that I treat a patient, this was quite amusing for me but needs a quick fix
-Miner job seems to start from 30 needed broken rocks, but every time you break 1 rock, you actually break 2! (Ain't sure if it's intended like this)
-When you do jobs to the extent of reaching 0, you don't actually get into the guild, you have to do something 1 more time to get in - it ain't a big problem but it really is a bug, and bugs need fixing, right XD?
-The white fishes, when caught, don't disappear, while the green ones do (Could be tweaked a bit)
-When there is someone in the Doctor room, and another unit enters it, the equipment resets (It's annoying because people can actually ruin your earnings and job this way (you could add another thin palate that when a player owned unit/hero is in the region, any other unit that crosses the thin region to enter the room gets transported to the middle of the building with a message saying "Someone has occupied this post already" or something similar
-When at the police garrison with the 3 suspects (investigation job), when you pick the suspect and judge casts his decision, you may not pick that same suspect again, ever, thus making the job unable to be done more than 3x as there are only 3 suspects - Please fix this :)
-Make doctor job un-enterable by units, heroes only!

Questions/Suggestions :
-Since I haven't read the whole help menu, is there an explanation on how to get stats - I fail to understand how to get the agility stat above all
-Can you add every job to add a certain stat, as there are only a handful of jobs that add stats at the very time :/
-More events, like Plague or polluted water in Rome
-Adding Shrines/Temples/World Wonders around the European continent! (They add in happiness to the people/economy/etc
-Do give the jobs around the map certain bonuses? - For example doctor job - Once you do an X amount of surgeries you are given better surgery equipment that decreases the death rate by % (your choice)

That's all for now - All I made it was to 30 food limit (Lector) and those are all the things I could find for now :ogre_datass:

Edit : New bugs found!

I've been trying out your other picks, and the last one "Colonia Maxima" is a little bit buggy and needs tweaking I am afraid, so here are the things I have found...
Needs editing...
1. Paved roads cant be destroyed
2. Sevage cannot be destroyed
3. Some other buildings cant be destroyed
(And I don't mean by attacking to kill, I mean by simply using an ability to destroy them for correctioning - Please add :D)
4. When colliseum or hypeodrome is killed, a part of the building is left standing.... forever....
5. Residential bug - I get the needed Food and Market, but the civilian complex will not upgrade
6. School bug - When I check the status of a certain Residential building, no matter if I have a school or not, it always says I don't have the education....
7. Says for every 200 people I get to make a city - yet I cannot make it due to the fact the lumber is not gained.....
8. Tweak the peasants that build structures in this game mode, as it asks for lumber to build things - if we get 1 lumber to build a city, and need 250 lumber to build a barracks.... means we gotta get a quarter of a milion people....?
9. Tweak the units in this mode so that they don't cost lumber / cost the same as a city with lumber?
10. tweak the upgrades in the university - they cost lumber.......
11. Purely out of aestethics, add a "rotate" ability? :)
12. The units we build at the law enforcement building that cannot be clicked on can walk over path blocked areas, same with citizens - this might not seem like a big deal, but they in fact start fighting with another player once they cross to their region (if you are unallied to them)
13. There is no way for the enemy to enter your town, or any way for your units to leave yours (add teleport between capital city and start road - or a connect feature that locks onto the capital and road :D)

New bug update :
Clothes don't work - barber wont give you a new look even if you have the correct ammount of stats
High authoritas gives too much damage - what's the point of weapons if you've got such a high damage later on?
Save/Load and stats get bugged when you buy something from the barber - save does not work after you do that, gives you a 0 stat level 1 load instead of for example a 20 level 1000 stat one :p

- Keep up the good work - I mean it, I want to see more updates soon

Last edited:
Hello everyone, those last months have been very busy for me. Unfortunatly, I don't have much time to continue the map right now. I may continue it later, as I already did in the past. However, this map is pretty huge and it's getting hard to add things without going ahead the 8 mo limit. Besides, the lag is the main problem. It should be reduced and therefore I should redo all the codes, and I'm not willing to take so much time for that.

I give an unprotect version if you want to check it out or continue it:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=w3uwg4

Level 7
I really do hope you will continue this map to finalization - all though the unprotected version is there and all, nobody can really hit the original idea the author planned for the map, so you're the only person for the job.

I do think many feel the same way, so the best thing everyone can do as a fanbase is help in any way we can.

If we organise a bit, testers on one side, on the other coders, and finally, if possible, having you as the creator give us green and red lights on things to do, we could slowly make semi-official versions (with your approval), slowly fixing the codes and solving existing problems in the map while you're on a temporary leave, so that when you're back, have time, and are ready to continue, you would have a map that is at least moved past the point of where you left it?

-I know it seems insane, but the idea can work if we get coders that are willing to do this in their spare time (If only I had any coding experience, all I'm good at is GUI, and I ain't even that advanced in it x.x)

Actually, I could continue the map. I would like to add the 8 remaining cities to have an overhaul situation of Europe at that time. Nevertheless, the lag is the most important thing to fix. And for that, some coders would be very helpful. I know it is not a very interesting job. However, if some people are willing to fix it with me, this map could go on.

Level 9
Ok there is forum where you can write your triggers and ask people to check if they memory leak and help you but you need to post the triggers you think are the problems.
I was trying to open your map but after 30 minutes of waiting I couldnt wait anymore and ctrl alt del it .... dont know why I cant open it.

Level 7
Honnestly I've had my fair share with opening maps that take half a hour, however they don't technically have the low fps in-game like yours, do check how many walkable's you've got on your map, it might very well be the problem... if so, it's pretty easy to fix.... uncheck the "walkable" on as many of your props, and add another set of props that are walkable, and use them on the places that are needed, should reduce the lag by 80% I guess.

Level 7
Sounds good, I'll test it on my old computer which is slow, if it has slight lags it would actually be like any advanced map on wc3, and still playable, however if the lag is still large I can test it on my laptop and take a look, however I still think it will be all alright, :p anyways, I'm awaiting to test it out