• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome 2 Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey everyone!
In the 3rd September of 2013 Total War: Rome 2 will be released.
I love total war games.
Does anyone loves this game and waits for it?

Here's a pre alfa video of a battle.
It's not official gameplay but it's epic:

Yes man, can't wait to go back and conquer the Old world in this game... the old Rome TW was the best TW they ever made, so yes I am looking forward for this one.

I just hope that the old factions are still there like the Skipii, Brutii, Julii (Idk how to spell but...)
Also I am kinda curious why did they put the Pontus in a free DLC so...

Level 11
I think they wanted more free factions.
I have read somewhere that Rome 2 will have a total of 117 factions and a giant map (+the arabic regions) with more than 180 regions!

117 is a big number... I think they will separate them into tribes and families or something. Hope they put more cities than in Rome 1 and add more ways to fortify a city then before. I am really only looking forward to the campaing, that is what I love about TW.

Level 29
i played rome total war
barbarian invasion
and medieval 2 total war
i still play sometime i like to try to conquer the world in the limited turns
i liked a lot

and this rome 2 total war doesnt motive me much, is like the saga is running out with ideas

shogun 2 total war i didnt like the game play and 12 gigas,18 plus expantion, i didnt like they changed a lot the game play and to heavy graphics.

Level 11
i played rome total war
barbarian invasion
and medieval 2 total war
i still play sometime i like to try to conquer the world in the limited turns
i liked a lot

and this rome 2 total war doesnt motive me much, is like the saga is running out with ideas

shogun 2 total war i didnt like the game play and 12 gigas,18 plus expantion, i didnt like they changed a lot the game play and to heavy graphics.

I don't see going back to Rome Era as a bad idea, I consider it as a great idea and i think they will do it good.

Level 14
Rome Total War has become a really popular game even thoug it had bad grafics n' stuff like that, but people always wanted to see the glory of Rome TW in a greater game.
That's were Rome 2 TW comes.
From the glory of Rome TW (I still now people who play it, and lobby games have alot of players considering the time published) rises the second part.
I hope it does not fail me and become a great game as it promises.
:wink:

Level 11
shogun 2 total war disapointed me a lot, maybe because i was especting something similar to rome 1 and medieval 2
and this one, i think it will be the same with better graphics, the game play expanded to not make it equal
and 22 gb of hard disk, i prefer the old it bites less memory to my cpu
also shogun 2 gave me a lot of lag in pc that can run skyrim without problems(i have a level 36 pj), to heavy games is for few who has a really powerfull machine

rome total war 1 was really good, so they have to compite with themselfs, and is hard to improve something it was awsome

rome 1, i only conquer the world in medium dificult with the Escipions, the blue rome faction, the other i didnt complete it all because is hard to win in the numbers of turns, and handle the rebels and make good money to keep the cities guarded. Also deal with Egypt, always give problems

maybe because i played to much rome 1 that rome 2 doesnt entusiasm me.
also i prefer rome than barbarian invasion

Maybe you are right, honestly I would not mid if they only remade rome 1 with better graphics and maybe make the map bigger... we will see ;)

Level 14
The game is located at 50 BC (or something near).
It has a huge campaign map and over 100 nations.
It has some main nations (Rome, Macedonia, carthage, german, egypt etc) and a lot minor (Sparta etc). Minor does not mean weak btw.
The game is in turns. First for example plays Rome. End turn. Egypt. End turn etc.
You conquer the world, built huge cities, do battles (you can play battles in a battlefield or do autoresolve if sure you win).
The armies are huge making battles really awsome.
More than 500 units (Spearman, swordsman etc horses, elephants etc ballistas, catapults etc).
The game is not based on story facts.
For example if you have Macedonia, you don't have to create an army and conquer the east world as Alexander did. You can do whatever you want. Create even an alliance with the eastern world instead of destroying them.
I don't know if all those features make it an RTS but I love dis game.

Level 14
RTS = real time strategy. You said it's turn based, so that makes it a TBS = turn based strategy.

Yeah I love these kind of games too. I didn't play the original Total War series though. But I think I will really love Rome TW 2 from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.