• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aid me in discovering a new RTS i should play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok i absolutely love RTS's but i'm all the sudden getting bored of the RTS's that i own, i know warcraft 3 has endless possibilities to its editor so u can make anything u want, but its getting old too... the RTS's i'm looking for are Base building rts's not rts's like the total war series...

RTS's i own
All Command & Conquer games
Battle Realms
Warcraft 3 ROC + TFT
Starcraft + BW
Starcraft 2
Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander 2
Age of Empires 2
Age of Mythology
Empire Earth + AOC
Lord of the Rings : The Battle For Middle-Earth
Lord of the Rings : The Battle For Middle-Earth 2
Rise of Nations
Rise of Legends
Company of Heroes
Emperor : Battle For Dune
Star Wars : Galactic Battlegrounds + CC
Kohan
Kohan 2
Majesty
Majesty 2
Total Annihilation
Total Annihilation : Kingdoms + Iron Plague
Kill Krush & Destroy : Krossfire
Universe At War
Dawn of War + WS , DC
Warlords Battlecry 1-3
Stronghold
Stronghold 2
Stronghold Legends

(i know, i own a lot of RTS's... but they are too fun!) :D

Vex

Vex

Level 3
Can't come up with any => suggestions, you list is _complete_

EDIT: Oh, except for 2-3 exp packs for the original TA, but guess that goes under "same"/"old" :p

Civilization is a Base Building Stategy Game, yeah, it's not a "Real-Time Stratagy Game".
Settlers is a game where you well yeah- Start with a castle, collect resources (lots), keep your city alive & happy, get an army, rule areas.

It has some great systems! But yes, it kinda needs a good PC to run. (If you want to go out with the newest)

As for standard RTS games:
- Outlive (mix of starcraft and 2nd gen C&C)
- Submarine Titans (submarines duh)
- Dark Planet (krneki)
- Besieger (for viking fanboys!)
- Dragonshard (supposed to be part RPG but isn't)
- Spellforce (this is part RPG at least)
- Tzar (poor ripoff of aoe)
- Rising Kingdoms ( ? )
...and many more, however I don't guarantee that all these are good

If you are interested in mix of vehicle driving and RTS you can try Urban Assault or Battlezone. (yes, basebuilding is included, just the view isn't so ... omnipotent)

I noticed that there are coming fewer and fewer RTS games these years, I was about writing a rant, I look at our game magazine and most of the games are MMORPG, some rly retarded shooters and japcrap. :/

About settlers, I think that Settlers 5 has more standard RTS features.

Level 11
But yes, it kinda needs a good PC to run. (If you want to go out with the newest)

lol i don't have to worry about that for a while :p, sounds to me though that settlers is kinda like Stronghold :D

As for standard RTS games:
- Outlive (mix of starcraft and 2nd gen C&C)
- Submarine Titans (submarines duh)
- Dark Planet (krneki)
- Besieger (for viking fanboys!)
- Dragonshard (supposed to be part RPG but isn't)
- Spellforce (this is part RPG at least)
- Tzar (poor ripoff of aoe)
- Rising Kingdoms ( ? )
...and many more, however I don't guarantee that all these are good
If you are interested in mix of vehicle driving and RTS you can try Urban Assault or Battlezone. (yes, basebuilding is included, just the view isn't so ... omnipotent)

wow lol i never heard of any of those b4 :p which ones would u consider high quality?

I included all I already played (but I could add more, but I don't remember atm). However, they are poorly known for a reason, that reason means also why are not known, which means that there aren't really high quality games, maybe only Spellforce falls out of this group . Remember, most of these are quite old, about 10 years, so don't expect something awesome. So yes, Spellforce stands more out that others (2 being better than 1).

However if you want to try those 2 other games, Battlezone, despite being old, can be played on very high resolution (22'' fine) and graphics isn't even that bad, considering it's from 1998.

Level 5
I just remembered Black and White 1 and 2. Very good games, about raising your people's towns into great cities, and waging war against gods with massives armies and even giant creatures.

Level 5
God Games I think.

Well the only other thing I can think of is Sim City... since it's real time, and strategic...

Level 5
Lol i guess Sim City could be an RTS.... but theres like no units to control!!! :p hehe

Well then the only other strategy games I can think of are all Turn-Based:

Sins of A Solar Empire, Galactic Conquest 1 and 2, the Civilization Series, Master of Orion 3...

Wait... sins of a solar empire isn't turn-based...

Level 11
lol i know a lot of turn based ones...
Disciples 1-3 (3 sucked)
Warlords
Chess
Poxnora
The ones u already said
Heroes of Might & Magic 1-5

my favorite is probably disciples

but im really looking for another good RTS game... but as it seems... no one can think of any right now, or maybe they can but they arent very good like Empire Earth 3

Level 5
If you haven't played it already, then try Sins of a Solar Empire. It's a very addictive sci-fi strategy game, where you can wage wars with aliens across space. :D

Level 25
RTS's i own
Majesty (epic game :D)
Majesty 2 (just bought it today)
Kill Krush & Destroy : Krossfire ( my personal favorite in the 90's)
Disciples 1-2-3 ( the first 2 more epic than Majesty)

Hmmm you should try
"Rising Kingdoms"
header_risingkingdoms.jpg

80547_large.jpeg

00125990-photo-rising-kingdoms.jpg

23m4hti.jpg

For me this underrated game > war3

Level 11
that actually doesnt look that bad there, is it like a privately made game like "Trash?" or is it a game made by a major publisher (not necessarily EA or anything really big like that, or it could be :p)

Level 6
Army Men: RTS
World in Conflict
Star Wars: Empire at War
Universe at War: Earth Assault
and Rise of Nations expansion pack will do the trick

Level 11
Army Men: RTS
World in Conflict
Star Wars: Empire at War
Universe at War: Earth Assault
and Rise of Nations expansion pack will do the trick

lol ya... universe at war been on my list lol, world in conflict u can make bases??? you can make bases in empire at war also?? (not trying to be sarcastic... never played these games b4)

lol army RTS i remember that game....

Rise of nations expansion i have but didn't include

Status
Not open for further replies.