• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Level 28
Lag is slightly better than in 1.7, but still strong.

Carthage and Alexandria have no trees.
The elephant in Carthage sometimes fails to respond on DOWN for some reason.
Items don't seem to have an effect in RP, bought the best boots but didn't get a speed increase.
Put a pig skin in the tannery, it turned it into leather but it gave an error message about only putting animal skin inside.
Put leather in the Spinning building, but all it did was make the leather disappear.

Level 1
Game doesn't work when i play it. Does it have to do with my PC being Windows 10 or something else?

Level 7
Alright so, I'm testing the map right now and I'll put up and edit the post when I find bugs and glitches, as for the lag, kinda less than the last update, but it's still there, it keeps happening when there are units in the view zone, so it might be the vast amount of units residing on the map or from the map's size, (height and width), still the delay is in a certain "acceptable" zone for now and can be maintained

So far :
In Athens, caravans don't reach their destinations, silk gets stuck at south gate, while olives go east gate, and travels all the way into eastern Europe through Turkey (could simply make it spawn a caravan outside the city and make it travel to the other city with using region palates for that maybe?, I kind of saw caravans acting that way in other cities as well...

-And some of the ones posted in the previous post

(I like how many cities there will be! it's truly a map of epic proportions)

Level 7
What i always wanted to say you, Purparisien, i can't play your Jurassic Park map, it lags too hard, i can't even close the game correctly when your map is running. Possibly my computer has not the necessary performance but i can play all other maps here, even your map with the Roman capital.

Level 28
Guidebook doesn't ping anything in Cenabum.
Equipped the Boar Coat before becoming a tribune. The error message showed up, but I still had it equipped (and couldn't unequip it), with the pheromones ability showing up. After becoming tribune, the coat had disappeared, although I still kept the ability.
Of all the Asterix women, Bonnemine is a seductress? Really?
The Wine Tenant model looks really off.

Hello!
Your game still has lag.

• Did you try the command -unlag ?

Guidebook doesn't ping anything in Cenabum.

• I forgot that. I will have a look.

Equipped the Boar Coat before becoming a tribune. The error message showed up, but I still had it equipped (and couldn't unequip it), with the pheromones ability showing up. After becoming tribune, the coat had disappeared, although I still kept the ability.

• Weird, I don't know why.

Of all the Asterix women, Bonnemine is a seductress? Really?

• I should have it keep it for Falbala

The Wine Tenant model looks really off.

• I could use one more classic ; it is not hard to change

Level 2
Fun and promising.

Besides the lag problem that's been mentioned, although it's not that bad for me is still a little annoying.

1. When buying banners from the Legion Sergeant, the Logistic and Leadership banners (haven't tried the other 2) give opposite effects. Buying them and having them in your inventory is fine but when you equip the Leadership banner it gives you 10MSP,5ASP and the Logistic one gives you the damage bonus(although it doesn't specify how much damage).

2. The Cavern east of Rome doesn't seem to do anything? I chose the 120 second option and waited but nothing happened.

3. When mining it starts at 39 and each new rock -2. Maybe start at 15-20 and then have it take -1?

4. With the doctor sometimes it says "30 more to go" and you actually have to do one more patient after "0"

5.When clearing the cemetery of spirits/ghost, it says 20, 19, 18, etc, more to go but nothing happens after you reach 0(I also killed a few more after 0).

6. Why does the mod change the menu? Options, exit, restart, help etc are there but the words have been change to fit the roman theme, but they're related/make sense

7. The one the made me stop playing the game, was using the barber. I was a male/citizen chose the Man option which cost 0 of anything. Which then got rid of all my equipped items(they disappeared), reset my attributes to 0 except the 2nd which was put to 50(I had 0).

Edit: 2 more things. Maybe for joining the Legion put a NPC/AI instead? And i couldn't figure out how to use the traveling boat. I bought one, but i still had to pay 1000 gold and the dock

Fun and promising.

1. When buying banners from the Legion Sergeant, the Logistic and Leadership banners (haven't tried the other 2) give opposite effects. Buying them and having them in your inventory is fine but when you equip the Leadership banner it gives you 10MSP,5ASP and the Logistic one gives you the damage bonus(although it doesn't specify how much damage).

Interesting. This system has been for a while and you the first one to notice it. Thanks I fix it.

2. The Cavern east of Rome doesn't seem to do anything? I chose the 120 second option and waited but nothing happened.

You're right. There were some abuses with this job. I needed to rework it. I think it will be fine next time.

3. When mining it starts at 39 and each new rock -2. Maybe start at 15-20 and then have it take -1?

Yeah the pickaxe stacks the damages. I'll fix it.

4. With the doctor sometimes it says "30 more to go" and you actually have to do one more patient after "0"

Small bug. I check it.

5.When clearing the cemetery of spirits/ghost, it says 20, 19, 18, etc, more to go but nothing happens after you reach 0(I also killed a few more after 0).

Same issue as the medic.

6. Why does the mod change the menu? Options, exit, restart, help etc are there but the words have been change to fit the roman theme, but they're related/make sense

There are some hints of the map within these menus

7. The one the made me stop playing the game, was using the barber. I was a male/citizen chose the Man option which cost 0 of anything. Which then got rid of all my equipped items(they disappeared), reset my attributes to 0 except the 2nd which was put to 50(I had 0).

That was an unfortunate mistake. I'm gonna fix it in the next version.

Edit: 2 more things. Maybe for joining the Legion put a NPC/AI instead? And i couldn't figure out how to use the traveling boat. I bought one, but i still had to pay 1000 gold and the dock

Fighting a NPC could be fine, but neutral hostile tends to stay put, in a battle. Besides, the computer couldnt do much strategy.
To travel from a City to another one cost 1000 unless your wife has some special abilities.

Anyway, I appreciate your help.

There are many fixes. Many are just small stuffs like texts, unit prices or block pathing.
For the rest, there is a list:

- University in Rome no longer blocks the tavern
- Citizen/Engineer, when using repair, no longer gets currency quickly
- The equipment tab bo longers disappears for unknown reasons
- Stats increase from jobs that give stats after a certain amount of time
- The doctor job is fixed
- The white fishes, when caught, now disappear
- When there is someone in the Doctor room, and another unit enters it, the equipment no longer resets
- The investigation job is fixed
- Carthage elephant works properly
- More Lumbermills are added in Cities
- Caravans no longer get stucked
- Description for stats added
- Paved roads can be destroyed
- Sevage can be destroyed
- Residential no longer bug when upgrading
- School no longer bug
- Wood income increase with your capital in order to build more structures
- Proper access to your Capital to Europe
- Clothes work better (Actually I need a quick hotfix with the 1.81 to solve everything)

Level 28
Phasis:

* The sellers disappeared at some point, or possibly turned invisible (a selling arrow appeared above the hero at the southern entrance).
* Guidebook only shows a blue ping in the northwest corner.
* Selected the blacksmith in the northwest and he became mine for some reason.
* Every time you get a new horse through capture or breeding, there should be an indicator of how many horses you have and how many more you can fit.
* Reproduction tooltip: ... really?
* Foals seem to heal at a random rate, and some stallions are immediately capable of reproduction.
* Kurgans don't produce corpses.

Phasis:

* The sellers disappeared at some point, or possibly turned invisible (a selling arrow appeared above the hero at the southern entrance).

- I rework this. The caravan was supposed to go to another point and then turn back into a campment. Now it will be a timer to avoid this problem.

* Guidebook only shows a blue ping in the northwest corner.

- It shows the place where the camp is in Phasis. There is not much else to visit in the place.

* Selected the blacksmith in the northwest and he became mine for some reason.

- The blacksmith becomes yours in order for you to use its spells and buy items.

* Every time you get a new horse through capture or breeding, there should be an indicator of how many horses you have and how many more you can fit.

- It will be done

* Reproduction tooltip: ... really?

- Where is the problem ? Actually, it is the foal which is sold aftermatch.

* Foals seem to heal at a random rate, and some stallions are immediately capable of reproduction.

- I will tweak this a bit

* Kurgans don't produce corpses.

- Well you're supposed to pick up the corpses with the drafted horse. I don't have issue with it

Level 28
* Phasis merchants are still bugged, I pinged and went to their southeast camp and there was no one (or they were invisible).
* Mating a neutral horse gives you money, no foal appears.
* Had 6 draft horses and no stable, tried to lasso a wild gaited horse, but it gave me the "get a stable" message.
* Stable upgrade tooltip is the CM mode one.
* Mating a stallion stuns it. Admittedly, I'd be pretty surprised too.
* Draft horses have at most 102 mana, plowing costs 150.
* Trough and Carousel have buggy icons (disappear when the menu is up).
* Horse Parade still has the Charm tooltip (and apparently only works on enemies).

* Phasis merchants are still bugged, I pinged and went to their southeast camp and there was no one (or they were invisible).
* Mating a neutral horse gives you money, no foal appears.
* Had 6 draft horses and no stable, tried to lasso a wild gaited horse, but it gave me the "get a stable" message.
* Stable upgrade tooltip is the CM mode one.
* Mating a stallion stuns it. Admittedly, I'd be pretty surprised too.
* Draft horses have at most 102 mana, plowing costs 150.
* Trough and Carousel have buggy icons (disappear when the menu is up).
* Horse Parade still has the Charm tooltip (and apparently only works on enemies).

-I will rework all that. The horse system needs a bit of tweaking.
-For the icon bug, it's actually normal. I avoid putting DISBTN for each icon in order to have more space for models/textures.

i tested it solo but when played as citizen why i can not exit the city to world map ?

-You can go into Europe. Actually, it's like a portal. You need to click on the part of Europe you want to go to. For instance, if your in Rome, you need to click on Italy in Europe. Your unit will go there.

Update for the next verson :

Babylon/Ctesiphon will be introduced as new cities

Level 1
Is there a better way to get higher stats(autoricats, protestas, and renown). I would want to change my skin??

Level 7
Is there a better way to get higher stats(autoricats, protestas, and renown). I would want to change my skin??

The re-skin does not work as of yet from what I've saw, sadly it only bugs the game and disables your stat growth, and this also affects everyone else - I've gotten the needed amount of stats to change skin quite a fairly long time ago, and as I saw, barber does not work ( Needs fixing :I )

Edit : It works!

Last edited:
Level 1
It would be great if you can get the skin by achieving something like the rankings and the jobs or even a guild instead of having a whole lot of time trying to increase your stats

Level 2
so the thief gloves that i can get from romulus/remus guild requires me 10 mana to steal , yet my hero/citizen has no mana :/ how does this work man?
I know that is the purpose of the -unlag command but as far as i could see your map is needlesly overloaded with the houses skins and other stuffs , most people cant play it without the -unlag so how about simply getting rid of the most useless roofs or so and putting instead more simple objects as that map is easthethically pleasing even without the huge amounts of stuff you put in . The best part of the map is the gameplay and a removed visual things shouldnt bother anyone.
Also there is a bug in alexandria with he granary you can take the trout but the other stuff from the right side you can't as you cant reach it , its somehow blocked and you cant even pick it up . Some more bugs but it would be nice to know if you are still working on this sometimes.

Last edited:
Level 28
Left Phasis, got killed on the world map nearby, and got revived in Alexandria.
Carthage's arena guy should be visible (and winning in the arena causes him to not respond until you go away and get reselected).
Necromancer Guild shows u on the list but gives no income.
Slaves reanimated by the necromancer only occasionally get up.

Last edited: