• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Level 7
Hello and an Idea :D

Hey, I've played this with you yesterday and I've got to say, amazing map, despite the delay which I hope will be worked out in further versions (I'll host your map as soon as it is playable)

By the way I've got an idea (which is bellow) that can be used to minimize global lag and to enhance game performances, also adding some interesting elements to the game, If you wish to use it and or take your time making it

The idea : Battlefield area - Same concept as the Battlefield for the legionary job, but there is a twist
The idea is to minimize units over Europe, and to make the size of Europe matter, not to mention lower the delay, so here's the quick process of how it would work.
1. The unit you build from the barracks would be a leader unit, that leads an X amount of units (which will be contained in mana)
2. When 2 leading units attack each other, they are transported onto the battlefield, and the mana they have spawns the X amount of troops onto that battlefield
3. To have more types of units participate in the battle, an Officer/General type of unit that has the ability "Transport", allowing more units to be taken onto that battlefield
4. Battlefield types - Can be made through region palates, so that you can spawn trees or stuff like that around... depending on the position in the region palate

The idea takes a lot of time to make because of the 4th step of making, though the first 3 are easy to create... also opens up a Total War type of attacking and playing...

Level 2
I founded a bug,when you train with te Dummy,he don't give you Damage,he don't die. But the target is working good and he dies and give you damage. Fx that please. See ya

Hello everyone, I'll do a quick update.

I've a friend of mine who is actually doing the system that you describe for his map. Gollum[KoMe] even has redone the Europe in 480x300 for this purpose. He is working a real total war map, but without the RP environment.

For the moment, I think I will ad more barbarian cities to visit with new tasks in it. More abilities will be given as a Leader of a Country.

For the 1.5 version, I think I will be able to release it this week end.

208262-albums7908-picture96420.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello everyone, I'll do a quick update.

I've a friend of mine who is actually doing the system that you describe for his map. Gollum[KoMe] even has redone the Europe in 480x300 for this purpose. He is working a real total war map, but without the RP environment.

For the moment, I think I will ad more barbarian cities to visit with new tasks in it. More abilities will be given as a Leader of a Country.

For the 1.5 version, I think I will be able to release it this week end.

Hurray a new update!

The atachments of the chariot does this weird decaying. I can't really do much about it except removing the whole unit after it dies.

I've made a big update too. I remade the RTS mode. Now there is a coring system. Each nation has some core cities. These cities have unrest (mana). If you have uncore cities or high taxes it will revolt. Then you can core your cities with your second Hero for some mana to prevent rebellion. You ll also have 2 dignitaries to create revolts in ennemis cities and appease yours.

Level 28
Just throwing out some ideas here, I'm well aware they might be too time-consuming to actually do:

Have the capitals be taken with Siege map gameplay (like those Helm's Deep maps). As in, instead, instead of attacking the overworld building, troops go to the RP city, where they attack the army at the walls. Then once they're in the city, they need to conquer various key locations to win the capital, with the population resisting the entire time.

Make the soldier job available in singleplayer.

Have random events for every capital, not just Rome.

Level 2
Good idea the Soldier job. But why when a player become Emperor you don't do something to put the Praetorians and all the city guards in his control?

Just throwing out some ideas here, I'm well aware they might be too time-consuming to actually do:

Have the capitals be taken with Siege map gameplay (like those Helm's Deep maps). As in, instead, instead of attacking the overworld building, troops go to the RP city, where they attack the army at the walls. Then once they're in the city, they need to conquer various key locations to win the capital, with the population resisting the entire time.

Make the soldier job available in singleplayer.

Have random events for every capital, not just Rome.

Each of your idea is very good. I'll do something like this in the future. The Capital one will be probably done a bit later because it is time consuming and I will add new cities to visit.

For Sparta, I'll add a Farm job, when you control the production of Cereals. You can recruit guards and slaves. Having too many slaves and too few guards cause riots in city. You can focus on a special product to earn more revenus. The more product you have in one domain, the less ressources you earn from it while the others increase.

Level 28
Some more ideas:

Put pirate ships in the sea. If the transport carrying the hero is boarded, he gets sold into slavery, ending up in one of the cities with equipment and money gone, rank back down to plebeian and having to work as a slave (basically the standard quests, but you don't get money for them). Then they have to free themselves or start a revolt to get their rank, money and equipment back. Or have an allied player or your wife pay the ransom.

One of the wives has a steal ability, make it take money or random items if used on non-heroes. I think there's an item that lets you do this (but it says "fly" instead of "steal").

Have non-equipment items like potions and such in DM. For example, wine in Rome that gives Drunken Brawler, alcohol from the Slavs that gives Berserk, a potion from an irreductible village in northwestern Gaul that gives superhuman strength...

Last edited:
Level 28
In that case:

* Have a spy unit in DM that can affect city mana by causing uprisings, reducing population...
* Make the city's ability to defend itself decrease with population (so at full pop it attacks faster and harder than at low health).
* Maybe have units switch between doing population damage and normal damage (choosing between easily winning a city that won't give much in taxes or a difficult battle that will pay off much faster). Siege units in particular should be good for doing large amounts of population and normal damage, with ranged and melee units getting you money in exchange for lowered damage (from looting and ransoming).

- Have a spy unit in DM that can affect city mana by causing uprisings, reducing population -> done

- Make the city's ability to defend itself decrease with population (so at full pop it attacks faster and harder than at low health). -> hum why not. But it could quite hard to trigger

- Maybe have units switch between doing population damage and normal damage (choosing between easily winning a city that won't give much in taxes or a difficult battle that will pay off much faster). -> siege units will be able to attack with Rocks to deal damages or Undead Corpse to decrease population

Siege units in particular should be good for doing large amounts of population and normal damage, with ranged and melee units getting you money in exchange for lowered damage (from looting and ransoming).

Level 28
I was about to suggest the corpse toss myself.

Maybe a building-only buff based on Cripple that gets removed when over a certain pop cap? For example, if the city has low health it deals lowered damage, low pop means it attacks slower.

* Caravans of settlers to replenish the conquered city's mana (costs mana from a conquered city to build).
* Turning soldiers into city mana (city guards).
* Conversely, forming soldier units from city mana.

Level 28
The lag does seem a lot better. However:

* Music is wonky, sometimes you take the camera off the PC for second, the music stops, and starts again from the beginning.
* Sparta's carriage takes you to Alexandria.
* Lag starts up again when near a quarry. I suggest removing most of the rocks and have them respawn instead.

Level 28
* Dignitary: Both the Populate and Poison Wells result in population loss.
* The core switching should be explained in the quests.
* Some hero auras still keep the French tooltips/have the wrong name or description (Logistics/Fighting Spirit Aura, for one). They also don't give the right numbers for the stat bonuses.
* Autoritas doesn't seem to increase with kills.
* What's the sandstorm supposed to do?

Level 4
lDarkAlex's bug about gym is now noticeable.
Merchant goods(ex: Papyrus, Wine etc.) can't enter any city since it is classified as soldiers.

* Dignitary: Both the Populate and Poison Wells result in population loss.
-> I'm gonna fix it

* The core switching should be explained in the quests.
-> Why noy. It won't hurt

* Some hero auras still keep the French tooltips/have the wrong name or description (Logistics/Fighting Spirit Aura, for one). They also don't give the right numbers for the stat bonuses.
-> Damn French ! They never give up !

* Autoritas doesn't seem to increase with kills.
-> I reduce the amount of damages it provides. I saw games with heroes having 100 dmg at the very beginning. So I reduce the bonus from 1 to .02

What's the sandstorm supposed to do?
-> Basically it is TP. Your guys can go somewhere in Europe.

* Merchant goods(ex: Papyrus, Wine etc.) can't enter any city since it is classified as soldiers.
-> I'm gonna fix it

Level 28
* Slavs don't have a healer, or a way of getting a Dignitary. Also, the Forest Priest's spell is more dangerous to your own troops since they can't move to escape or chase.
* Blacksmith can't be sold items.
* You might want to consider lowering the guard range on neutral units. I've had lots of attacks end in disaster because conquering one city brings the troops from another, so the army deals with them, leading to a third city sending its troops...
* When a city rebels it should spawn hostile units as well.

* Slavs don't have a healer, or a way of getting a Dignitary.
-> I'm gonna fix that
Also, the Forest Priest's spell is more dangerous to your own troops since they can't move to escape or chase.
-> That's the point but they have huge attack speed bonus
* Blacksmith can't be sold items.
-> Again ? I though that bug was fix
* You might want to consider lowering the guard range on neutral units. I've had lots of attacks end in disaster because conquering one city brings the troops from another, so the army deals with them, leading to a third city sending its troops...
-> I agree, it is very annoying
* When a city rebels it should spawn hostile units as well.
-> Don't you think it would a little bit OP ?

Level 2
So from what i have tried in the 1.5 version..:
Winter - The most annoying event ever... Some white is ok.... but it's nearly impossible to see anything and everyone starts leaving because of it..
Alexandria - Can't Get out of the city either at the bottom or at the side?? is that suppose to happen?
Rome - Got out of it.. Can't come back in...

At the start of the game.. there is a lot of grinding.. (repeating same thing to get gold) afterwards there isn't actually any better way to get gold.. until you get buildings and farms..

No explanations on renown and the other things that amulets can also give? Would be great to know how to increase renown...

Putting a list of ranks and what each rank gives would also help.

All in all the game at the start is really slow...

No way to check farm income? since i think when you finally get 10k gold that income button only shows city income?

Carthage - main building.. the roof doesn't disappear when you enter it..

Becoming emperor - doesn't really do much?

Carthage palace - one of the towers doesn't disappear when you go into it..
Suggestions:

Capturing the capital of a faction should make all those factions cities stay with you.. e.g.: not rebel? or something like that..

More cities you have control over the faster your diplomacy replenishes to make new cities yours?

loved the nice addition of the mystic pyramid.. could backfire to anyone using it really fast thou :D

Oh and the last thing is most of the (maybe all?) farm areas say you need to build on blight area even thou you're placing the farm on the blight area.. i guess it's some bug?

Sorry for the messy post.. wrote it as I was playing... Will add stuff if i remember anything else.