• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Well it is a Portail : you can go back to Rome or another City by clicking on it. It is not region. So it is not enough to go in a region next to the city. Just right click somewhere in the city, the guy will find his way on his own.

To control a Religion there are several ways depending on your city:
In Rome, you have to join the sect of Remus or the sect of Romulus
In Alexandria, you have to be a Jew or a Christian
In Carthage, you choose one of two senatorial family
In Athens, you go become an Aristocrat or a Democrat

Once you find the people that allow you to join the Religion/Sect, you will have various missions to fullfill. Your Goal is to seek the control of the city at 100% with your sect.

Besides, I will add Sparta as a special destination when you are in Athens. You will some unique items and units to purchase there.

Level 28
Really not getting the experience thing... Why prevent heroes from going up levels? If you really want to keep the time a scoreboard'll do just fine (in fact, now that I think about it it's be a good idea to keep track of influence and such in multiplayer).

So I've played the RP version a few times and I think that the rank progress needs some tweaking. The first few aren't that difficult, but they're just so boring (especially the 10,000 gold one). I suggest that you put in some minor income-granting activities (for example, do the docker quest enough times and it grants you a periodic income but still allows you to do the quest for extra money) so that you can do other things with less grinding.

Actually I reduce the EXP earned in the RTS by 80% but it was too important I think. I will just go back to the standard XP earning now.

The levels don't have a partacular meaning in the RP version. The other stats have other effects. However, in the RTS mode it is very important and I'm gonna change it back.

I try to find something else than the 10 K objective.

Level 4
To control a Religion there are several ways depending on your city:
In Rome, you have to join the sect of Remus or the sect of Romulus
In Alexandria, you have to be a Jew or a Christian
In Carthage, you choose one of two senatorial family
In Athens, you go become an Aristocrat or a Democrat

Once you find the people that allow you to join the Religion/Sect, you will have various missions to fullfill. Your Goal is to seek the control of the city at 100% with your sect.

But are the missions replayable?

Level 4
The docks have an icon to instantly take you to one of the other cities, but it costs 1000 gold. If you're in Athens, winning in the arena teleports you to Carthage, saving you some gold.

Merchant products are on horses so how can bring them to the other city?
Travel by foot?

Level 28
Excellent, I wanted to suggest something like that for a later version.

Some ideas regarding ships:
You should make the Roman fishing ability autocast, since it doesn't always hit, it prevents it from being too important a gold source.
Maybe consider adding some respawning enemy ships between trade routes.
The frigate uses cannons in its tooltip.

Level 6
Hey, quick question: Are the trees near your Lumber Mill supposed to be destroyable? My workers in Alexandria were chopping down the whole forest relatively quickly, leaving me nothing else to mine wood from. I remember in the old version (when it was just Rome) that the trees replenished themselves. Is that no longer the case?

The new version is out with the following updates:
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in GM
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone

Level 28
Alexandria is the only city to sell transports.
The SE corner not open yet? Shame, I wanted to kickdrop a Persian.
The blue ping from the guide is barely visible.
You should explain the guilds in the game (which jobs, how often you need to do them, etc.)
You should make the water near Constantinople passable by boats and ground units, saves a lot of time.

I was hesitating to open the city but it is not really prepared yet. I will need at least one week before I can finish it. I think it could be good to release a map meanwhile.

I'll also add the boats for the other shipyards. I've just forget it.

Besides, I was wondering if later I can send you, cleavinghammer, the map before I post it online on the hive to test it?

Level 28
Sure, I guess.

Weird one in Alexandria: After joining the Jews and getting them to 100%, the number of Zealots available at the church's rabbi keeps going up until you buy one, at which point it disappears.

The Palace in the water in Alexandria doesn't turn into a house when you buy it (still takes your money though).

Level 28
Oh wait, I'd already bought a house, that must be it. Edit: Succesfully bought another house on land this time, so... I dunno.

If the Hannonids win, they claim the Barcids won. They also have less soldiers than the Barcids (and don't improve with the number of senators), and once on the throne you can't buy items and soldiers anymore (as if there wasn't a hero in range).

The Senators should change color as soon as you corrupt them, instead of on the "check influence" button.

Once you become Emperor, if you happen to equip a different special item the fanfare plays again.

Some unique units have wrong tooltips (ex. Steppe Noble is called Guerilla Warrior).

Last edited:
This seems like a pretty cool map, too bad it is unplayable.

I have a pretty good computer, but when i am in cities, the fps drops to 6 frames per second. On the world map it is a modest 19 frames. I think you have a problem with periodic triggers dragging down your performance. There also seems to be some leaks, as i get some black screen when closing the map. It is obvious that the triggering is not optimal.

Level 2
Wow, this map is awesome. However it's a shame that there is so much lag but it's still a great map, good job (but please try to reduce lag) 5/5

Level 28
Maybe put some no-fly zones for wanderers, occasionally one ends up in a fountain or a crate floating the streets of Alexandria (better than looking for all the pathing holes).

Still can't get any experience for heroes in DM. Are you sure you didn't set all the creeps to give zero exp?
Scythians: the Archery sells two archer units for the same price, one of them is a Horse Archer.

Capitals have no units around them.

Last edited:
Level 2
There's a bug with the faction of Aristrocrats at Athens. When they reach the 100% they don't win,they still figthing with Democrats for the power. Greetings from Venezuela,i apologize for my bad english :s