• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Level 28
The chicken coop abilities are in French.
Mason icons are green, and the ochre slab is in French.
During the elephant training, up and down also get you insulted by a singer.
Carriages count as soldiers and aren't let back in the city.
Soldiers cost food, which increases favors (also, is food rank the same as renown?).
When in RP mode, the cities don't give you income (even when your rank is over 50).
Lag is expected, but... maybe you could remove the wandering citizens from unused cities?
Rival faction soldiers don't react to being attacked.

Level 28
Elephant again: "Wild Elephant" would be better, and the last instruction remains in the air when you get off.

Alexandria:
* The pyramid is a good idea, but the arrows are too hard to see, and continue their flight into the next room.
* Not sure how you're supposed to do the library job, I tried dumping the book on every shelf on the right to no effect.
* Priest duty: I tried using pray on the altar to Osiris, but it said I needed to select a building (the robe is called Toge de police in the inventory, and can't be unequipped by clicking on it though unequip all works). Speaking of which, why are there altars to the old Egyptian gods if the split is between Jews and Catholics?
* Guard Robe item can't be equipped.
* The creeps around the North African cities don't seem to give experience.
* I bought a Market, but there was no income.
* The fishing boat earns wood instead of gold.
* Turning a slave into an engineer just gets a cancel button.
* Catholic/Jew population can go above 100 and below 0 (if not a member).
* The music that plays when one faction reaches 100% overlaps with the current music instead of replacing it.
* Became Emperor, but the women still didn't want to marry, something about needing a name.

Well I've fix a lot since you played it.

-If the split is between the Jews and the Christians in Alexandria, I wanted to implement another neutral religion for the priest job. This one doesnt need to get involve in the politics of the city and can be played without turmoil.

-The marriages are a bit buggy I realised. Actually you need a certain amount of renown to be allowed to marry someone. However, I miswrote my conditions : you need to be below 20 of renown instead of being above, to marry someone. I will also add different ways to marry a woman, depending of various elements of your character.

-The fishing boat gives woods. It is weird. But I wanted another job to allow you to earn woods. There are so many ways to earn gold. Not so much for the woods.

-I replaced the missiles of the Pyramid with the ballista missile. It will be more visible.

-The librarian was buggy. The triggers were messy. I fixed them too.

-Guard Robe was buggy and fixed too.

-The music turns off with major events.

-cleavinghammer will be senator in the next version.

Level 28
Let me get my Palpatine robes...

Perhaps the boat could instead be used to catch driftwood?

The Connect Four game needs six verticals to count a win (four horizontal).
Wife's healing ability is in French and requires mana.

Athens:
* The Amphorae items can only be sold one at a time (having two of the same only sells one), and the cooldown to find the granary is far too long.
* Torture: Got the prisoner's health down to four, but it did nothing, and got yelled at for killing him when his time ran out.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Uh, this has even worse FPS than my Glideon. I disagree this is a 5/5 material before you improve your triggers. I only played 3 minutes and it requires some seconds to close the map already, means it's extremely leakful. You should learn about removing leaks. Search one at the tutorial section.

And fix the language plz.

Level 28
Can't you have it check if anyone is in those cities and keep vision up for those cities only?

Also, still a number of pathing issues (the pyramid's first floor can be partly bypassed by going into the wall on the left).

Haven't tried the new one yet, but here's one I forgot to mention, consider setting the "sew" item's cooldown to the same as the patient's, helps to keep track of how long to wait.

Level 28
Rome:
* Shoemaker doesn't have an "accuse" button.
* Post car business still in French.
* Troutfishing: most of the time the trouts are out of range, I suggest extending the rod's range.
* Bed's range is short, you have to be almost overlapping before it registers.
* I played a woman this time around, and while the wedding ring not working was expected, the fact that I couldn't equip the job items (even the lictor's axe) wasn't.

Level 5
The stonehenge's ability "Pray to Gods: Turns land to farmland" has no cooldown, don't know if this is intentional or not but it seems really OP
Edit: Literally scrolled to normal zoom and my FPS returned to 60, still playable in normal zoom.

Level 28
Way on the western edge of Rome and the map, past the big empty spear chariot minigame.

^ A ninja appears!

Played as Scandinavia:
* Blacksmith doesn't sell items.
* Varegue is considered a ranged unit but has less than 200 range.
* The Scorpio doesn't have a model.
* The cities no longer have a "show income" button.
* The Revive hero button can be clicked repeatedly.
* Haakapeliitaa (heavy cavalry) has Assomoir instead of Bash.
* The upgraded worker still has the Build Structure ability (and should be called Raider).

Oh and I have a suggestion to save some FPS: enumerate all the pathing blockers and hide them. It will save a lot of frame rate but the pathing is still there. Thanks to zweibelchen for this info.

Interesting trick I didnt know

For the Income I switch the spell to the other Hero
I'm also fixing all he minor issues with the RTS right now thanks Senator cleavinghammer

The new version will be finished soon. I've added many new features:

-Stats of your Heros will be saved. You will be able to keep the same character as long as you play in multiplayer (in order to prevent exploits with cheats).

-New units will be there. Roman, Carthaginian, Greek and Egyptian soldiers will have their own models thanks to the unique Fingolfin's help.

-The RTS has been reworked and gives more information of the culture, the taxations, the religion of the cities you're holding.

Level 4
Mission Recruit doesn't appear anymore after first try.
You know the option to become either a remus or a romulus follower? Well it is now stuck on the first slot.

Level 28
Ah, too late. Still, might want to make that happen automatically (it didn't happen in the last version).

You should replace "Your sex" with "Your gender" at the beginning.
Flames in Rome have double health bars, and give you the Envenomed Weapons buff when you get too close (and the name is French).
Got the Priest robes and started praying... but nothing seems to happen (except for Neptune's altar, which started healing me). Also, Praying on the priest gives him Rejuvenation.
Rome fire: Tooltips don't show up during the fire, and the music overlaps instead of replacing the background music.
Killing a citizen for the Romulus contract got no reaction from the victim or the police (then again, I was using the wolf to attack).
The wolf summon uses "Mummy awaken" as the spell name.
Both gym messages are in French.
If you have summons in the arena, they don't get removed with you. Hilariously enough, if the summon kills the enemy it gets kicked out, you stay in the arena. When I got my Romulus wolf to kill e to get out of there, I got a message saying I was an enemy of Rome (in French) and just after saying I was no longer wanted by the police.

Last edited:
Level 9
The game is realy beautifull now, but I have a lagg ...
I have a suggestion how reduce it :
1. Share visual control with all players.
2. At the beging make this trigers:
-disable fog of war
-enable fog of war
So you will have all the map explorated and reduced the lag ...

Level 28
Roman fishing boat is called Driftwood Boat, Athens driftwood boat is called Fishing Ship.

Also, you should consider a way to get renown faster, like bribing heralds or something.

I beat a wolf in the Athens arena and ended up in the middle of Carthage (that must have been one hell of a victory celebration).

So I get that you get experience every minute, but it's weird to see the wives have "hours " as well.

Level 28
Wife just had a child despite not going through the whole bed+house thing. There should be an alert when they grow or can make another one.

The Carthage dock, though it looks cool, needs some reworking. Depending on where the camera is it might not even be visible on the screen (I only knew it was there due to the select hero sound).

There should be a way for ships to transition from city water to world map water, especially transports.

The roof of the merchant on the left of the Carthaginian senate doesn't go transparent when you're in his house.

Level 9
Damn I missplaced the two units. Ok, you are very helping. For the renown, I will also add such a system.

About the lag, I can reduce the leaks of my triggers but it will takes sometimes. There are so many. I'm removing looping triggers meanwhile. They should solve a bit of lag

Valandil will rejoin the Senate !

Realy ?))
Im valandil1 in the battle net =)

Level 28
I found out by complete accident that "-very far" works as a command, you should add it to the menu.
Lyre player doesn't increase your renown, and also has the floating text problem.
Regular merchants can't seem to buy items like pottery (but equipment blacksmiths can).

If I might make a suggestion, make the guide book more useful. Remove all the stuff specific to Rome (since the rules are the same for all cities) and have it use a spellbook effect to ping the points of interest in all cities (ie, merchants, docks, banks, jobs...).

Level 28
That'd be too confusing if they all go off at once. Spellbook of each type of shop'd be better.

Shields should have "parry" replace "parade" in tooltips.
Athens post car doesn't work, it sells you an undroppable icon of where you want to go.
Buying slaves doesn't reduce your renown.
The pearl game doesn't give or take away money.
The crossbow doesn't add damage.
Using the telescope reveals the whole map.
Can't unequip any item individually.
The arena vendor should be renamed something like "Pit Boss", and the one in Carthage should be made visible.

Not sure how it happened (I had unequipped everything, and I think I reclicked all of them, it might have been the post car item screwing things up), but at one point I lost all my equipment.

Last edited: