1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rohan Archer (War of the Ring)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"Gather round men of Rohan, if Theoden 'King' will not defend our lands, then we will!"

Made for use in Lord of the Rings maps, this model will fit in with just about any medieval project.

Changes
-Shrunk pupils
-Raised Camera
-Updated Face
-Updated Boots
-Updated Pants
-Updated Attack Animation
-Updated Stand Ready Animation
-Updated Stand and Attack Animation(s) (again)
Contents

Rohan Archer (War of the Ring) (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Looks good, and works just fine in-game. Apart from being a LOTR character, it's a really nice low-tier male archer, which seems to me our database lacked. Approved.
  1. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    It's very good, but maybe you should make the pupils a bit smaller.

2. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure about the Arthas pretty boy face for Rohan - I feel like Rohan is tough back country deserving of a dirtier face. If it were a gondor archer, then ok. Maybe use a bandit or peasant instead. Still, great work - keep these War of the Ring hot cake coming.

3. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think I might change it to the Human Mage face, as it is a little rougher.

I have to find a clean-shaven face for him though, that way it matches the concept art I'm working with.

I'm keeping the Bandit faces for the Haradrim and Men of Rhun, as they have a swarthier look about them.

4. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty cool model

5. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice. Keep up the good work mate.

6. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh nice, finally an decent human archer model.

Try Bandit Knight's head.

7. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Again awesome work man! Looks kinda similar to the WOTR Rohan Archers and I like you used Arthas head for them, it suits! Btw pls add a Victory-animation to these...

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, Arthas. 3/5.

EDIT: much better. 4/5.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is probably a great standard Human Archer-type model, one which is sorely needed. But I just can't get over that Arthas-head; I'm too steeped in Warcraft to not see it as incongruous. :<

\\EDIT\\ - Much better. What is that, priest face? Either way, better.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you change the face and boots? Looks much better - however arthas's hair is still throwing me off. I know a lot of people from Rohan have long blonde hair - however those are the nobles, i don't think a peasant archer will have the noble family's hair - idk, it might just be me tho. Edit - maybe just needs a beard.

11. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Im sure you can use one of the bazillion arthas skins to change the hair color to whatever needed.

12. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great idea mate. That would definitely do the trick - maybe this one would do the trick ( although its a little too dark for this model, maybe de-saturate the brown a bit). Also @Eagle XI , I'm gonna send you my models later this week because I'm updating, reshaping and tweaking all of the buildings I customized off of Mike's assets. Appreciate all the work you're putting into icons, thanks.

13. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good, and works just fine in-game. Apart from being a LOTR character, it's a really nice low-tier male archer, which seems to me our database lacked. Approved.

14. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    What would be good animation Backswing and Damage points for his attack? I can't seem to make it look correctly.

15. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing point 0.700
    Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage point 0.170

16. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources: