• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
The thingy you have mentioned. (And shared ín the desc)

Ok. Thanks!

Allow me to continue the review.

Gameplay
-While the other Elementals' description fits, the Water Elemental has more health and deals more damage than what his description says.
-Sorry for only realizing it now, but the first Main Quest describes the second (reaching the base) instead of the current (putting a flare at the tower)
-Reduce the sight radius of the patrolling Warlock and the Raider stationed in the Graveyard. This is not truly necessary, but it is very hard to reach the Ghost since the warlock can see us from afar and the Raider sometimes can see us too.
-Make the Ancient Doors invulnerable.
-Put warnings saying the amount of ichors already gathered or put a Quest update saying that we have already gathered all 8 ichors.

Grammar
Ghost: 'Not that it matters now... so that I can help...'
Ghost: '...I can rest now..."
-Rename the 'Amani Trolls' 'Forest Trolls'. The Amani have never reached this far on Lordaeron.
Optional Quest: 'A kobold is trapped...'
Final Cinematic: '...already prepared the attack...'
-During the cinematics replace 'Horde' with 'orcs' every time this word is mentioned. The Horde has been disbanded.

-Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear
-The buildings still don't follow the correct hotkeys.

I will continue after you fix the issue with Kel'Thuzad.

Level 1
For chapter seven
1 While footmen are destroying the land mines, they will turn to enemies if Kel'Thuzad walks out of the circle.
2 The three gold coins initially appear before I could find the items for each person.
3 Is there an experience limit in this chapter? Kel'Thuzad can gain experience to level 8.

I highly recommend each chapter can load Kel'Thuzad even if we don't play the previous chapters. So there will be no need to play from the first chapter every time.

Thanks.

Ok. Thanks!

Allow me to continue the review.

Gameplay
-While the other Elementals' description fits, the Water Elemental has more health and deals more damage than what his description says.
-Sorry for only realizing it now, but the first Main Quest describes the second (reaching the base) instead of the current (putting a flare at the tower)
-Reduce the sight radius of the patrolling Warlock and the Raider stationed in the Graveyard. This is not truly necessary, but it is very hard to reach the Ghost since the warlock can see us from afar and the Raider sometimes can see us too.
-Make the Ancient Doors invulnerable.
-Put warnings saying the amount of ichors already gathered or put a Quest update saying that we have already gathered all 8 ichors.

Grammar
Ghost: 'Not that it matters now... so that I can help...'
Ghost: '...I can rest now..."
-Rename the 'Amani Trolls' 'Forest Trolls'. The Amani have never reached this far on Lordaeron.
Optional Quest: 'A kobold is trapped...'
Final Cinematic: '...already prepared the attack...'
-During the cinematics replace 'Horde' with 'orcs' every time this word is mentioned. The Horde has been disbanded.

-Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear
-The buildings still don't follow the correct hotkeys.

I will continue after you fix the issue with Kel'Thuzad.

Do you mean by 'not following the correct hotkeys' that the hotkeys aren't correct letters or not functioning?

For chapter seven
1 While footmen are destroying the land mines, they will turn to enemies if Kel'Thuzad walks out of the circle.
2 The three gold coins initially appear before I could find the items for each person.
3 Is there an experience limit in this chapter? Kel'Thuzad can gain experience to level 8.

I highly recommend each chapter can load Kel'Thuzad even if we don't play the previous chapters. So there will be no need to play from the first chapter every time.

Thanks.
Nearly everything has been fixed. (and the file in the description has been replaced too)

For chapter seven

Thanks.

Fixed. The only thing that I found unnecessary is the fix kelthuzad for every map, the player should play with every chapter before the one they would like to play, so it isn't mandatory to have.

Last edited:
Level 29
Fixed. The only thing that I found unnecessary is the fix kelthuzad for every map, the player should play with every chapter before the one they would like to play, so it isn't mandatory to have.

Then I suggest that you make all maps in the campaign unavaiable except the first, forcing us to play all to reach the last one.

Ok.

I replayed the new version. Kel'Thuzad still doesn't appear in chapter Six, even after playing all previous chapters.
Hm. But the problem was that at the last cinematic (mission six) you skipped it and the problem was that I didn't write the correct category name in the game cache storeing (I dont know if it tells you anything).
I've fixed it, so it must be working.
It works for me.

Level 29
Hm. But the problem was that at the last cinematic (mission six) you skipped it and the problem was that I didn't write the correct category name in the game cache storeing (I dont know if it tells you anything).
I've fixed it, so it must be working.
It works for me.

To me it doesn't. He doesn't appear in neither cinematic nor mission.
His doppleganger, the one that appears during the final cinematic, however does appear.

Before you ask, my version is 1.30.4.

To me it doesn't. He doesn't appear in neither cinematic nor mission.
His doppleganger, the one that appears during the final cinematic, however does appear.

Before you ask, my version is 1.30.4.
Oh, chapter Six! I thought mission seven accidentally. The same problem happened with it. A few minutes and I can do it. I will lower the timer of the missions for testing.

Level 29
Have you seen that I replaced the file? :oops:

I have.

'...that you can merge...'
'...I can make it with my brothers...'
'Are you and your so-called brothers renegades...'
'...not what the Kirin Tor think of us...'
'This doesn't affect us...'
'...launch an attack...'

Main Quest '...by the orcs and the only way... orcs' attacks...reinforce the walls...'

I find it weird that in Chapter Four we have to wait 45 minutes, but on this we have to wait only 30.

'...wasn't completely succesful...'
'...would really appreciate...'
Hint: '...interact with the environment...'
Main Quest '...some of the orcs...'
During the talk with Hugen, Kel'Thuzad says 'modera" instead of 'Modera'

-What is the purpose of the circle next to an orc encapment? I putted Kel'Thuzad there but nothing happened.
-When I approach the white rune near the huge log blocking the path, it doesn't say anything. I gather everything around and then the axe destroys the log.
-In order to create the spell that allows us to teleport to the other side of the rocks, we need three items, meaning that we have to discard three items permanently since we can't go back. This is a shame.
-I can't find the telescope. May you tell me where is it?
-What is the purpose of the rusted key that is on a small island guarded by a Sea Elemental?
-There is a small space, which is similar to ruins, in the southeast that don't have anything in there. Why?
-Warlocks are not known for taking control of elementals. Most of the orc warlocks back then actually believe that shamanism is for weaklings. You could say that it is a corrupted shaman attempting to subdue an elemental.

Why is this chapter called 'Whispers of Temptation' when there are no dialogue nor actions that imply such. Kel'Thuzad reached a dwarven base, beat a warlock/shaman and got visions of an elemental telling that the orcs are attempting to go to Alterac. Kel'Thuzad's desire to know more about necromancy hasn't been increased after this mission.

I have.

'...that you can merge...'
'...I can make it with my brothers...'
'Are you and your so-called brothers renegades...'
'...not what the Kirin Tor think of us...'
'This doesn't affect us...'
'...launch an attack...'

Main Quest '...by the orcs and the only way... orcs' attacks...reinforce the walls...'

I find it weird that in Chapter Four we have to wait 45 minutes, but on this we have to wait only 30.

'...wasn't completely succesful...'
'...would really appreciate...'
Hint: '...interact with the environment...'
Main Quest '...some of the orcs...'
During the talk with Hugen, Kel'Thuzad says 'modera" instead of 'Modera'

-What is the purpose of the circle next to an orc encapment? I putted Kel'Thuzad there but nothing happened.
-When I approach the white rune near the huge log blocking the path, it doesn't say anything. I gather everything around and then the axe destroys the log.
-In order to create the spell that allows us to teleport to the other side of the rocks, we need three items, meaning that we have to discard three items permanently since we can't go back. This is a shame.
-I can't find the telescope. May you tell me where is it?
-What is the purpose of the rusted key that is on a small island guarded by a Sea Elemental?
-There is a small space, which is similar to ruins, in the southeast that don't have anything in there. Why?
-Warlocks are not known for taking control of elementals. Most of the orc warlocks back then actually believe that shamanism is for weaklings. You could say that it is a corrupted shaman attempting to subdue an elemental.

Why is this chapter called 'Whispers of Temptation' when there are no dialogue nor actions that imply such. Kel'Thuzad reached a dwarven base, beat a warlock/shaman and got visions of an elemental telling that the orcs are attempting to go to Alterac. Kel'Thuzad's desire to know more about necromancy hasn't been increased after this mission.
Grammar problems fixed.
The circle of power shows where the goblin land mines are located next to the place where kel'thuzad is standing.
I will make the teleportation spell ingredients "runes like" so you dont have to free up inventory slots. (But only the spell)
Hehe, did you take a look at the peasant's inventory? :)
The key opens the waterlogged footlocker, which holds a... find it out ;)
Just for decoration, I'll place there something maybe in the future.
For the warlock part, the warlock is 'binding' the elemental to his will, this means that he literally corrupts his 'mind'.
I named it 'The Shadows of Sooth'.

By the way, do you think it is the time for Kel'Thuzad to finally "take a trip" to Northrend. I'm very excited how I could work on that part :)

Level 29
Hehe, did you take a look at the peasant's inventory? :)
The key opens the waterlogged footlocker, which holds a... find it out ;)
Just for decoration, I'll place there something maybe in the future.

Will look.

By the way, do you think it is the time for Kel'Thuzad to finally "take a trip" to Northrend. I'm very excited how I could work on that part :)

No, not yet.

In this mission, Kel'thuzad was still a relatively nice guy and even acted friendly towards other people. For him to become the secluded, cynical and outcast he was on 'The Road to Damnation' story from one mission to another seems weird.

Kel'Thuzad's journey to Northrend was due to several things:
  • His unsatiable thirst for knowledge
  • The fact that the Kirin Tor was too close-minded and saw him as a heretic simply for realizing that they need to get stronger
  • Despair after seeing the power of the warlocks and necromancers and just out outclassed the mages are
The only moment till now that has pushed him into a 'darker' path was his encounter during the attack on Dalaran, when he saw undead and how the orcs entered and left Dalaran basically without any opposition.

Kel'Thuzad needs more reasons. He has to see with his own eyes the full extent of the power necromancy holds, he has to lose trust on the Kirin Tor (the whole episode with Araj would have been a great opportunity to make him see just how narrow-minded the mages of Dalaran truly are) and the Council has to start seeing him as an outcast for his more 'open-minded' ideas.

Will look.

No, not yet.

In this mission, Kel'thuzad was still a relatively nice guy and even acted friendly towards other people. For him to become the secluded, cynical and outcast he was on 'The Road to Damnation' story from one mission to another seems weird.

Kel'Thuzad's journey to Northrend was due to several things:
  • His unsatiable thirst for knowledge
  • The fact that the Kirin Tor was too close-minded and saw him as a heretic simply for realizing that they need to get stronger
  • Despair after seeing the power of the warlocks and necromancers and just out outclassed the mages are
The only moment till now that has pushed him into a 'darker' path was his encounter during the attack on Dalaran, when he saw undead and how the orcs entered and left Dalaran basically without any opposition.

Kel'Thuzad needs more reasons. He has to see with his own eyes the full extent of the power necromancy holds, he has to lose trust on the Kirin Tor (the whole episode with Araj would have been a great opportunity to make him see just how narrow-minded the mages of Dalaran truly are) and the Council has to start seeing him as an outcast for his more 'open-minded' ideas.

The next interlude is based on Kel'Thuzad house where he shows his first invention he found out to make the bodies unantrophyable (undecomposeable).
Then I'm planning on a full mission with Kel'Thuzad where he is abducted by the renegade wizards and he they teach him about the true knownledge he never thought about. There (ín a mountain of hillsbrad) he must speak with other renegade wizards, collect and combine items, see visions.

Level 29
The next interlude is based on Kel'Thuzad house where he shows his first invention he found out to make the bodies unantrophyable (undecomposeable).

Sounds good.

Then I'm planning on a full mission with Kel'Thuzad where he is abducted by the renegade wizards and he they teach him about the true knownledge he never thought about. There (ín a mountain of hillsbrad) he must speak with other renegade wizards, collect and combine items, see visions.

If you were to change Kel'Thuzad's last talk with Araj so that they would depart in friendly terms, maybe Kel'Thuzad would go with these renegade wizards on his own free will.

And at the end of the mission, Kel'Thuzad sees the mages of the Kirin Tor arrest the renegade wizards. Best case scenario, Kel'Thuzad escapes before the arresting and watches from afar. Worst case scenario, Kel'Thuzad is caught socializing with the renegades and gets reprimanded but doesn't suffer punishment since he is a member of the Council and for his help in dealing with the orcs, though the trust he once held by the other mages is no longer as high as it used to be.

I would go for the second option.

@HungaryMaster (Magyar) I reviewed the new Interlude. I found no grammar mistake.
My only question is this. Kel'Thuzad said that Andromath helped him translate the books of the necrolytes. Was Andromath aware of what these books contained, or did he simply taught Kel'Thuzad to read orcish?

Last edited:
I decided to move the place where the renegades located to Silverpine Forest, this is only a fraction of the map, Silverlode Mine.

Silverpine.png

Level 29
Hey! I know I haven't written anything for like a month, but I'm intrested, the original music would be a better choice in the background in every map or should I keep the recent ones I used so far?

No problem.

I ike the ones you have been using, though in some missions you may find out that the original background music more adequate. You choice.

I have been working on the New nap recently (creating new craftings, making some models look like ghosts, working on the fast traveling system etc.). I just need some time tó think of what should I change in order to make the map more interactive. I have placed a few objects which you can use to continue your progression over the map. And created another epic item related to collecting and combining items. (Your items are going tó be lost in the next nap but you can get them back later on.

Level 14
I have been working on the New nap recently (creating new craftings, making some models look like ghosts, working on the fast traveling system etc.). I just need some time tó think of what should I change in order to make the map more interactive. I have placed a few objects which you can use to continue your progression over the map. And created another epic item related to collecting and combining items. (Your items are going tó be lost in the next nap but you can get them back later on.
Oh okay Good Luck with this project my dude!

Level 29
is something up with mission 4? it only lasts 1 min before complete.
p.s. love the story so far

The campaign is still on testing, so there is no point in spending more than 30 minutes in a single mission.

He will put the time right after it is complete.

There'll be a new "hero" as far as my planning goes well, who's not in the game or in the story but'll be a reference to a streamer (even if you like them or not) Asmongold, I named it after him High Commander Asmon, who'll be a (obviously) commander of a small force in Silverpine Forest after a battle searching for survivors, he'll be a warrior hero with abilities like sunder armor, rend etc..

Level 29
There'll be a new "hero" as far as my planning goes well, who's not in the game or in the story but'll be a reference to a streamer (even if you like them or not) Asmongold, I named it after him High Commander Asmon, who'll be a (obviously) commander of a small force in Silverpine Forest after a battle searching for survivors, he'll be a warrior hero with abilities like sunder armor, rend etc..

Ok.

I would like to see Asmongold's reaction to that :D

Level 29
Ok. Since the game cache is still not fixed, I will have to start the campaign from the start

First Chapter
-The Echoing Flames require Kel'Thuzad to be at level 2.

Third Chapter
"Hopefully, the other wings of Dalaran are barricaded enough until the orcs are repelled"

Second Interlude
"...against the orcs..."

Seventh Chapter
"...appreciate..."
-Why are we controlling a random Paladin that is standing in the graveyard where the Moss is?

New Chapter
"...force wall, so that I can't get through..."
"...as well as food..."
"... more powerful..." rather than "...powerfull..."
-How can we open the chest that has a circle of power?
-The Quest page needs to be reviewed because most quests don't appear
-Saival doesn't react after we retrieve his pouch.
-I can't find the Mayor's daughter
-Why did you put so many Soul Tablets that reduce our Intelligence and increase Strength?
-Kel'Thuzad's interactions with that girl made me sad :( After she said 'I will never forget what you did', now I can't stop picturing Kel'Thuzad, years later, recognizing her corpse in a slaughtered village after he joined the cult

Last edited:
Ok. Since the game cache is still not fixed, I will have to start the campaign from the start

First Chapter
-The Echoing Flames require Kel'Thuzad to be at level 2.

Third Chapter
"Hopefully, the other wings of Dalaran are barricaded enough until the orcs are repelled"

Second Interlude
"...against the orcs..."

Seventh Chapter
"...appreciate..."
-Why are we controlling a random Paladin that is standing in the graveyard where the Moss is?

New Chapter
"...force wall, so that I can't get through..."
"...as well as food..."
"... more powerful..." rather than "...powerfull..."
-How can we open the chest that has a circle of power?
-The Quest page needs to be reviewed because most quests don't appear
-Saival doesn't react after we retrieve his pouch.
-I can't find the Mayor's daughter
-Why did you put so many Soul Tablets that reduce our Intelligence and increase Strength?
-Kel'Thuzad's interactions with that girl made me sad :( After she said 'I will never forget what you did', now I can't stop picturing Kel'Thuzad, years later, recognizing her corpse in a slaughtered village after he joined the cult
Well, I'll fix the problems you've mentioned, but some thing aren't finished yet, such as quests, the chest etc.
The Sould tablets are there for the player to decide if they want to balance his attributes or not.

I've made a "boss" fight where you should kill a Tomb Protector to retrieve the soul of the daughter of the mayor. It has 3 "phases" where 3 souls spawn each at different percentages and you can obtain an item right before the boss, the gauntlets of salvation which can be used to gain control over summoned units. Particularly useful aganist his summoned voidwalkers and the boss can only being attacked by chaos attacks, which means that the fire elemental and the voidwalkers (which has chaos attack) should be used to kill the protector.

Level 29
I've made a "boss" fight where you should kill a Tomb Protector to retrieve the soul of the daughter of the mayor. It has 3 "phases" where 3 souls spawn each at different percentages and you can obtain an item right before the boss, the gauntlets of salvation which can be used to gain control over summoned units. Particularly useful aganist his summoned voidwalkers and the boss can only being attacked by chaos attacks, which means that the fire elemental and the voidwalkers (which has chaos attack) should be used to kill the protector.

Sounds good. It is nice to fight boss fights with unique mechanics such as that.

Though a Tomb Protector using Void magic seems weird. At this time the only group capable of using Void magic are the Twilight Hammer and they have already left to Kalimdor.

By the way, regarding the witch we face in this new chapter.
Her ability to raise the dead either implies she is very powerful (and considering that we can kill her easily, this is not the case) or she stole that knowledge from the orcs (which sounds more plausible). I am surprised that Kel'Thuzad killed her without questioning about her knowledge of necromancy.
Also, I am not sure that the ability of turning into ravens is something that ordinary spellcasters can do. From what I found, only Medivh and Khadgar are capable of this and neither is an ordinary mage obviously. So watching a random witch being capable of turning herself into a raven seems weird.

Witches, As you can see in the New expansion Battle for Azeroth (worst after draenor tho) they can shapeshift aswell. Kel'Thuzad kills him because hé has captured the soul of the mayor. You can "obtain" the quest by bringing the unsent letter to the street of pyrewood and then near a pile of hay, the mayors ghost appears.

Edit: Yeah, maybe changing the voidwalker tó something else would be better.

Edit2: By the way, the first witch we see in the first segment of the map will be Nightlash. As we later can see her within the mines later on the next map.

Level 29
Witches, As you can see in the New expansion Battle for Azeroth (worst after draenor tho)

Agreed. The only thing good in WoD were the bosses in Blackrock Foundry. I don't play WoW but saw videos showing the fights.

I dearly hope Azshara manages to improve BfA and that her boss fight is as epic as the Lich King's.

they can shapeshift aswell.

Ok, but those witches reside in Kul'Tiras, not in Silverpine Forest. Perhaps they were attracted to the Horde's fel and necromantic powers?

By the way, how come there are Syndicate members in Silverpine Forest?

Kel'Thuzad kills him because hé has captured the soul of the mayor. You can "obtain" the quest by bringing the unsent letter to the street of pyrewood and then near a pile of hay, the mayors ghost appears.

The part of meeting the Mayor I managed, the part of finding his daughter is the one I was having difficulty.

Level 29
Main Quest "...happened in the region."

Enchanted Gemstone: "...against spells and magical attacks."

"... to the lighthouse as well as..."

Wow, Kel'Thuzad desecrating a grave. What an epic foreshadowing :D

I noticed you rearranged some parts of the map.

I accidently went to the cemetery and killed the revenant before the Optional Quest was given. After that, some sort of path blocking wall appeared and couldn't get out of the cemetery. Luckily I still had my staff so I could teleport to a nearby tent. However, after receiving the Quest, I couldn't reach the cemetery anymore because the pathblocking wall was still there.

I suggest you putting a temporary pathblocking wall on the cemetery until we receive the Optional Quest.

By the way, after clicking 'Continue' we go instantly to Chapter Seven

Last edited:
Main Quest "...happened in the region."

Enchanted Gemstone: "...against spells and magical attacks."

"... to the lighthouse as well as..."

Wow, Kel'Thuzad desecrating a grave. What an epic foreshadowing :D

I noticed you rearranged some parts of the map.

I accidently went to the cemetery and killed the revenant before the Optional Quest was given. After that, some sort of path blocking wall appeared and couldn't get out of the cemetery. Luckily I still had my staff so I could teleport to a nearby tent. However, after receiving the Quest, I couldn't reach the cemetery anymore because the pathblocking wall was still there.

I suggest you putting a temporary pathblocking wall on the cemetery until we receive the Optional Quest.

By the way, after clicking 'Continue' we go instantly to Chapter Seven
Thank you for replying so fast. Haven't you really found any grammar mistakes in the last cinematic? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.