1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HungaryMaster (Magyar), Jun 26, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good.

If you want more realistic maps, ask nightelfbuilder for help. He is very skilled in doing it.

They reached it.
    Given that they destroyed Stratholme during the Second War, they certainly reached this town.

At this point these orcs that would attack are most likely Blackrock orcs (like those that appear in the Human campaign that capture civilians for sacrifices) or some orc brigands that managed to flee from the Alliance before being sent to the internment camps.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    The models look okay. I like the trees while the lich models don't really impress me that much, maybe I'm way to used to the orignial Lich model.

And because of this I consider that the best option would be to make small orc bases here and there, with a path leading to the edge of the map where sounds of combat are heard. Okay the last part is not really my best idea, but defending Darrowshire from small but frequent attacks would be something a little bit different, or not? Would still be fun and pressing on the player.

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes.

The mission could be a mixture of defending the town from constant orc attacks while the Alliance forces arrives (though they wouldn't be quite helpful considering that most are currently on Draenor, but this could help to make the mission more difficult), rescue captured civilians and either kill all orcs or capture them so that they are sent to the camps.

Kel'Thuzad could be interested in interrogating some so that he could learn more about necromancy, but is infuriated that most necrolytes and death knights either died or returned to Draenor.

4. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe let the player get a little more action while interrogating? That would be something.

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like what? Having to choose questions or answers, like in Mass Effect?

6. Tanni

Tanni

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey! Love what you've done so far man, I'm having a lot of fun with what you've got and the campaign feels a bit like how OutsiderXE makes his. I did encounter into a problem in the first mission, and I'm not sure if you've fixed it yet. I pressed ESC to exit out of Elemental Mastery/Hero Abilities and it sent me straight back to the start of mission one. I'm guessing the map assumes the player is skipping the first cinematic?

7. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was thinking more like GTA V.

8. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hm, thanks for the observation. I'm gonna look at the problem.

9. Tanni

Tanni

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also find it a bit sad that once you reach the Defiled Fountain of Life in the second mission, you get teleported to the correct path and aren't able to walk back. I was hoping to turn back since I was pretty sure the optional quest, the one about the dragon was back near the town was.

10. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I saw the interlude:

"orcs" not "orc's"

Kel'Thuzad is a member of the Kirin Tor, so he answers to the Council, not to King Terenas.

Baron Rivendare was a landowner, so he wasn't a general. Maybe he recruited some men as some sort of private army.

After the attack on Dalaran, the orcs retreated to the Dark Portal. Their only goal in Azeroth was to recover artifacts so that Ner'zhul could summon portals to another worlds.
    Instead you could say that these attacks made the orcs that were previously scattered across Lordaerom become bolder and they started attacking for revenge

11. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Then who could assist Kel'Thuzad? Which character can replace them?
    Could this be a few years of scenes?
    Alexandros Mograine maybe?

I try to replace with this:
    "You too, unfortunatelly I bring bad news, orcs have attacked Dalaran. I'm here to spread the news to this part of the kingdom to help prepare."

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rivendare could be leading a squadron of militia and mercenaries to patrol the area in case orcs returned. Since he became a death knight, he must have had military experience.

There is a hint of tragedy in Rivendare's story. He lived in Stratholme, and Stratholme was destroyed by the Horde during the Second War. He had a wife, but she was never mentioned.
    Do you get what I am trying to imply?

Sounds better.

13. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    She never mentioned? Why? :confused:
    Rivendare never mentioned her, or in the lore?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No. We know he has a son, but they never talked about his wife.

Then again, Rivendare in WoW mostly served just as a boss.

15. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    And what do you think about her? ;)
    Her.png

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Her"?

Looks good.

17. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Quick writing.

18. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    And another dilemma.. What do you think?
    Upgraded Human Techtree or/ Dalaran Techree?

19. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Given we will protect a town, I think it would be more suitable Upgraded Human Techtree

20. Tanni

Tanni

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm curious, where did you get the voice lines for your Kel'Thuzad?