• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Maybe it's just me, but it feels as though the attacks in Chapter 4 are a bit too often and a good 2 out of 3 times all the orcs attack all sides of the base simultaneously. Was this by intention?

Level 29
Maybe it's just me, but it feels as though the attacks in Chapter 4 are a bit too often and a good 2 out of 3 times all the orcs attack all sides of the base simultaneously. Was this by intention?

Maybe, but since the town is small and the attacks are composed of very few units, it can be quite easy to defend.

What I do:
-Focus on recruting Footmen, Knights, Crossbowmen and Priests
-Upgrade the units since the orcs don't
-Complete the Optional Quest so that I can quickly heal my wounded units and rely on it alongside the Priests and Alonsus
-If possible try to create lots of towers

With the upgrades, it is far more "easier" to push back those orc forces. The Human towers have an upgrade named "Spyglass", which will increase the attack range of the Guard Towers. And with the abilities of Kel and Alonsus... many opportunities of upgrades, that can make the defense easier. Maybe some free place would be good...

Level 5
Ah, yes. I only mentioned this because I only played 10 minutes or so as I was on a strict time. I was trying to explore the map during the first few minutes and that may be my mistake, because I was leaving the town alone with no units (and a few peasants constructing a good amount of towers) and sooner or later I was getting pestered by the orcs.

Level 29
Ah, yes. I only mentioned this because I only played 10 minutes or so as I was on a strict time. I was trying to explore the map during the first few minutes and that may be my mistake, because I was leaving the town alone with no units (and a few peasants constructing a good amount of towers) and sooner or later I was getting pestered by the orcs.

I suggest first upgrade and improve your army, while occasionaly try to complete the Weeds optional quest. Since the orcs apparently go after your army, this can be used to distract the orcs while you improve the town's defenses.

Level 5
Alright, I think leaving a good chunk of my army behind at town while one hero (maybe even two) goes exploring should be a good idea.

Level 29
Alright, I think leaving a good chunk of my army behind at town while one hero (maybe even two) goes exploring should be a good idea.

I suggest Kel'Thuzad since he has Elementals and powerful spells by this point. Alonsus is more of a support hero.

Level 29
Updated 2018.08.06 14:33.

My review

"Me and some landnowners gave"
"What about Quel'Thalas?"
"have been barricaded until the orcs have been repelled"
"repel them"
"Is this not clear enough?
"we cannot let them destroy"

-Replace those boars with sheep. Only orcs domesticated them
-I don't think these orcs have fleets to take control of oil stations
-A better reason for the Elves no aiding. King Anasterian Sunstrider after the Second War blamed the Alliance for the destruction Quel'Thalas endured and isolated the high elves from the world
-In the novel "Tides of Darkness" Khadgar had already explained to Kel'Thuzad and the rest of the Council the truth about the orcs: what their world look like, that they were corrupted and became the bloodthirsty creatures they are now. Garona was the one who told him. By now, they also know that their world was dying due to corruption. However they are still unaware that demons were the ones that corrupted the orcs.

From the next mission:

The next mission will be a sneak attack mission, there's a huge map, where villages full of orcs, bushes where kel, alonsus can hide, baron Rivendare moves from the other side of the region (not a controllable team).
Need to find levers, items to move to the other villages, crossing rivers, gates and traps that can be activated to kill some patrolling guards.

Edit: At night.

Level 29
Updated 2018.08.06 20:47.

Checked.

The only mistake I found was you wrote "Allright" instead of "Alright"

From the next mission:
The next mission will be a sneak attack mission, there's a huge map, where villages full of orcs, bushes where kel, alonsus can hide, baron Rivendare moves from the other side of the region (not a controllable team).
Need to find levers, items to move to the other villages, crossing rivers, gates and traps that can be activated to kill some patrolling guards.
Edit: At night.

Sounds a good mission to play. Good luck making it!

@HungaryMaster (Magyar)
Just for you to know:
From August 10th to August 27th I will be on a place with no wifi, so don't expect me to appear very often. On the few times I manage to have access to wifi, I will try to review the new maps and cinematics you make.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

walloftext.exe

General:
- Kel'Thuzad's voice lines are "quite literally" annoying. I'd recommend going for default ones or finding something less repetitive.
- The elementals move so slow that it's hard to use them in more than one fight or to micro them.
- I only used Earth Elemental and I don't see the point of him having mana pool at all. He can use 2 spells during his lifetime and that's it. He doesn't even start with max mana.
- Cinderwave's cast range is larger than its travel distance.
- The description of Unbound Ring is misleading. It's probably an increase by 0.33.
- For a story driven campaign there's barely any story here, just enough to push the lackluster gameplay forward.

Chapter One:
- You should probably hide the edge of the map in the intro cutscene, it looks bad.
- I couldn't figure out what to do with magic runes. Are they just decorations?
- The way Kel'Thuzad complained about not being respected made him sound like a spoiled brat. I really hope the dialogue is not from an actual lore book or something like that.
- The notification at the start makes it seem like this is going to be a puzzle driven game, but apart from the one at the very beginning (if you can really call that a puzzle), I didn't find any other puzzle. Maybe the runes?
- Why are there bookshelves in the middle of the road lol (the one's by the tome of agility)
- Kel'Thuzad levels up too fast. When I reached level 3 I started just walking past enemies as there was no point in killing them.
- When you skip the ending cutscene the mission doesn't end but instead the camera goes to the starting zone and you get the first quest notification.

Nothing much to be said about this mission. You've established Kel'Thuzad as an annoying complainer in the few dialogues that were present. The map itself is nothing but mindless right click to win scenario. Terrain looks good and that's about it.

Chapter Two:
- Once I got past the destroyed steam tank, the screen faded to black and faded in again after a few seconds. After that I got the first quest notification again and hint again.
- You misspelled Crushridge (Crushride).
- The special effect at the farm where your find orcs looks really bad.
- It would be good to have some kind of mechanic that would make fights with burrows more interesting. As it stands you just exchange hits with no micro involved.
- The things said at the defiled fountain don't really make sense in the context. What powers is Kel'Thuzad playing with? We know next to nothing about him. And things he says in the conversation with that guy. What crystal is he talking about? How did he asume he was talking about necromancy just by looking at a dead from? You can't expect people to know unless you tell them.

Chapter Three:
- The battle sound effect restarts every time you look away then back to Kel'Thuzad.
- There's a lot of backtracking to the fountain. With the larger amounts of enemies, the gameplay flaws in these kinds of maps become more apparent.
- The last line of dialogue dissappread way too quickly to be read.

Chapter Four:
- Pretty much all transmissions are way too short. I don't have a clue what the story is here.
- Again, out of nowhere the screen goes black and fades in again, giving me the same quest update.
- I was geniuenly surprised there there's a macro section. The soldiers, taking up only one food and having critical strike are better than footmen.
- Archery cannot be built by Peasants.
- Evangelism kinda overlaps with Pray aura in terms of functionality and is quite weak besides that. I mean only 50 health and mana at the cost of 210 mana? You get more from a scroll. I don't know what gave you the impression that a spells that resurrects units should cost 125 but this one 210 mana.
- 45 minutes is way too much time for a mission like this. There's no challenge to be had here either, you just spam tier 1 units and wait out the crazy long timer.
- The attack waves don't get any more difficult, so you can just make a few tower and spam soldiers, go out and have a drink, return and the enemy wouldn't make any progress. As it stands you have to sit through 45 minutes of nothing.

you should add a credits list btw

Last edited by a moderator:
General:
- Kel'Thuzad's voice lines are "quite literally" annoying. I'd recommend going for default ones or finding something less repetitive. - (I searching for a well-fitting voice for Kel'Thuzad for a long time, I not been able to find better than this, bit if that troubles you, please, help me find it.) -
- The elementals move so slow that it's hard to use them in more than one fight or to micro them.

- (The elementals have their original 1.27 movement speed, except the rock elemental) -

- I only used Earth Elemental and I don't see the point of him having mana pool at all. He can use 2 spells during his lifetime and that's it. He doesn't even start with max mana. - ( Not enough? ; ] )
-
- Cinderwave's cast range is larger than its travel distance. - ( Maybe the tooltip is misleading. But it has a shorter distance than a normal shockwave) -

- The description of Unbound Ring is misleading. It's probably an increase by 0.33. (Sobi Mask 50% - 0,50, Unbound Ring 33% - 0,33 Whats the matter?)

- For a story driven campaign there's barely any story here, just enough to push the lackluster gameplay forward. - (Whats are you talking about? There's is a lot of Story/Lore element in it such As the meeting with the council, the creating of the ashbringer [void crystal], the "first" destruction of Dalaran and the attacks at Lordaeron.) -

Chapter One:
- You should probably hide the edge of the map in the intro cutscene, it looks bad. - ( I Will see it when I Will return home ) -

- I couldn't figure out what to do with magic runes. Are they just decorations? - ( I plan to make mire puzzle scene at that map, this is only a "beta" version of the campaign {decorations} ) -

- The way Kel'Thuzad complained about not being respected made him sound like a spoiled brat. I really hope the dialogue is not from an actual lore book or something like that. - ( I plan to remove that ) -

- The notification at the start makes it seem like this is going to be a puzzle driven game, but apart from the one at the very beginning (if you can really call that a puzzle), I didn't find any other puzzle. Maybe the runes?

- ( I was sure about that I remove that part from the Hint, thanks, I Will remove that part ) - [I want to create a campaign with a little puzzle, micro maps and maps where you can control your own base] -

- Why are there bookshelves in the middle of the road lol (the one's by the tome of agility) - ( removed ) -

- Kel'Thuzad levels up too fast. When I reached level 3 I started just walking past enemies as there was no point in killing them.

- (You're right in that, I Will decrease the experience gaining that level) -

- When you skip the ending cutscene the mission doesn't end but instead the camera goes to the starting zone and you get the first quest notification.

- ( It doesn't happened to me ) -

Nothing much to be said about this mission. You've established Kel'Thuzad as an annoying complainer in the few dialogues that were present. The map itself is nothing but mindless right click to win scenario. Terrain looks good and that's about it.

- (Heh? Why is he annoying? Because her voice Lines? The only thing that is right in this quote is that the upper-right half of the map has few interesting incidence)

Chapter Two:
- Once I got past the destroyed steam tank, the screen faded to black and faded in again after a few seconds. After that I got the first quest notification again and hint again.

- (It doesn't happened to me.) -

- You misspelled Crushridge (Crushride).

- (Thanks) -

- The special effect at the farm where your find orcs looks really bad.

- ( Which? The fog? You have NVIDIA videocard? Different videocards create different looking for that modell ) - [I have NVIDIA Geforce 1050 TI]

- It would be good to have some kind of mechanic that would make fights with burrows more interesting. As it stands you just exchange hits with no micro involved.

- ( If you write a possible and good mechanics with the Burrows, I Will try to do it ) -

- The things said at the defiled fountain don't really make sense in the context. What powers is Kel'Thuzad playing with? We know next to nothing about him. And things he says in the conversation with that guy. What crystal is he talking about? How did he asume he was talking about necromancy just by looking at a dead from? You can't expect people to know unless you tell them.

- (Do you paying attention to the first map? Well I Will not Tell you until you not View it again. If you curious, that conversation is come from the Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon from World of Warcraft) -

Chapter Three:
- The battle sound effect restarts every time you look away then back to Kel'Thuzad.

- (I Will remove that Sound) -

- There's a lot of backtracking to the fountain. With the larger amounts of enemies, the gameplay flaws in these kinds of maps become more apparent.

- ( Use the elementals carefully, keep the spell until you face with a "larger" amount of enemies ) -

- The last line of dialogue dissappread way too quickly to be read.

- ( Maybe... ) -

Chapter Four:
- Pretty much all transmissions are way too short. I don't have a clue what the story is here.

- ( I don't know, I' from a different county and still I can read it ) -

- Again, out of nowhere the screen goes black and fades in again, giving me the same quest update.

- ( It doesn't happened to me ) -

- I was geniuenly surprised there there's a macro section. The soldiers, taking up only one food and having critical strike are better than footmen.

- (I Will make them cost 2 good) -

- Archery cannot be built by Peasants.

- ( fixed ) -

- Evangelism kinda overlaps with Pray aura in terms of functionality and is quite weak besides that. I mean only 50 health and mana at the cost of 210 mana? You get more from a scroll. I don't know what gave you the impression that a spells that resurrects units should cost 125 but this one 210 mana.

- ( 10 points /per second would be good enough? ) -

- 45 minutes is way too much time for a mission like this. There's no challenge to be had here either, you just spam tier 1 units and wait out the crazy long timer.

- ( I'm not quite experienced in the AI's, but I Will do ny Best to make them a little bit hardver)

- The attack waves don't get any more difficult, so you can just make a few tower and spam soldiers, go out and have a drink, return and the enemy wouldn't make any progress. As it stands you have to sit through 45 minutes of nothing.

- ( As I said previously ) -

you should add a credits list btw

- ( After I finish It ) -

Edit: Written in Mobile.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I searching for a well-fitting voice for Kel'Thuzad for a long time, I not been able to find better than this, bit if that troubles you, please, help me find it.
I'd recommend using the default Kel'Thuzad's voice lines or something generic, like Druid of the Talon's lines. This one is hard to listen to, so anything is preferable to be honest.
The elementals have their original 1.27 movement speed, except the rock elemental.
My point still stands. Unless you prefer it this way.
Not enough? ; ]
It's kinda misleading tbh. You'd expect he'd make a good use of that mana pool, but mana doesn't regenerate quickly enough to matter. This is not a big deal in my book.
Maybe the tooltip is misleading. But it has a shorter distance than a normal shockwave
What I meant by this is that if you cast this spell at max range, for example 600, the spell effect won't reach it because it travel distance is 500. It's kinda awkward to use the spell when it can't reach its target at max range. At least set the cast range to the equal value as travel distance.
Whats are you talking about? There's is a lot of Story/Lore element in it such As the meeting with the council, the creating of the ashbringer [void crystal], the "first" destruction of Dalaran and the attacks at Lordaeron.
Those are all brief moments that are not handled well imo. You didn't really account for people not knowing the story in advance. You tackle concepts foreign to the player without properly explaining them. Feels like you go by them for the sake of mentioning them. I had no idea about the Ashbringer to be honest.
When you skip the ending cutscene the mission doesn't end but instead the camera goes to the starting zone and you get the first quest notification
Check the triggers. The moment when you skip the cutscene is important. Could be that you just missed the skip part between some transmissions.
Heh? Why is he annoying? Because her voice Lines? The only thing that is right in this quote is that the upper-right half of the map has few interesting incidence
Well, the voice lines and the complaining, like when he left the village after Andromath (I think is his name) asked him for help. I don't mind that he doesn't like it, I just think the lines could've been written better.
Thing is, warcraft 3 an rts, it has micro and macro. If you remove one of them without adding any unique mechanics, you damaged the formula and the gameplay will not be interesting or engaging.
Do you paying attention to the first map? Well I Will not Tell you until you not View it again. If you curious, that conversation is come from the Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon from World of Warcraft
I need more clarification on this, not sure what you mean.

- ( I don't know, I' from a different county and still I can read it ) -
I applaud you, they are like 2-3 seconds long. Try reading them out loud, or maybe it's because you wrote them so they are quick for you to read.
10 points /per second would be good enough?
I don't know. Maybe have it so it's a larger regen but over long time. Whatever suits you.
I'm not quite experienced in the AI's, but I Will do ny Best to make them a little bit hardver
No worries. There are good Jass tutorials here on hive. It would probably take you like less than a day to learn it for simple campaign AI. If you manage to learn how to make AI, I'd suggest making it into a build and destroy map, without timer. (meaning classic RTS format)

I'd recommend using the default Kel'Thuzad's voice lines or something generic, like Druid of the Talon's lines. This one is hard to listen to, so anything is preferable to be honest.

My point still stands. Unless you prefer it this way.

It's kinda misleading tbh. You'd expect he'd make a good use of that mana pool, but mana doesn't regenerate quickly enough to matter. This is not a big deal in my book.

What I meant by this is that if you cast this spell at max range, for example 600, the spell effect won't reach it because it travel distance is 500. It's kinda awkward to use the spell when it can't reach its target at max range. At least set the cast range to the equal value as travel distance.

Those are all brief moments that are not handled well imo. You didn't really account for people not knowing the story in advance. You tackle concepts foreign to the player without properly explaining them. Feels like you go by them for the sake of mentioning them. I had no idea about the Ashbringer to be honest.

Check the triggers. The moment when you skip the cutscene is important. Could be that you just missed the skip part between some transmissions.

Well, the voice lines and the complaining, like when he left the village after Andromath (I think is his name) asked him for help. I don't mind that he doesn't like it, I just think the lines could've been written better.
Thing is, warcraft 3 an rts, it has micro and macro. If you remove one of them without adding any unique mechanics, you damaged the formula and the gameplay will not be interesting or engaging.

I need more clarification on this, not sure what you mean.

I applaud you, they are like 2-3 seconds long. Try reading them out loud, or maybe it's because you wrote them so they are quick for you to read.

I don't know. Maybe have it so it's a larger regen but over long time. Whatever suits you.

No worries. There are good Jass tutorials here on hive. It would probably take you like less than a day to learn it for simple campaign AI. If you manage to learn how to make AI, I'd suggest making it into a build and destroy map, without timer. (meaning classic RTS format)

Hm, the legion' Khadgar Voice line would be good enough?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

The voice is fine. Finding good lines is also important.

walloftext.exe
Returning to the thing.
Did you ever play with the warcraft 3 campaigns? :D
I think someone who starts playing with a custom campaing will play the original game's campaigns first.
Kel'Thuzad becomes a necromancer as you see him in Andorhal. "by the living, of course" - "are you responsible for this plague, necromancer"

Level 5
The Khadgar voice lines are okay, but I and any previous player of your campaign didn't seem to mind his voice lines at all, before Imperator. That bit of criticism seemed more nitpicky than anything, to be honest. Khadgar's voice lines are fine though, if that's what you prefer.

BTW :3

Special thanks for @Stefan.K

BTW.png

Level 5
I was already accustomed to the old model, but this one does actually look better and more fitting.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Returning to the thing.
Did you ever play with the warcraft 3 campaigns? :D
I think someone who starts playing with a custom campaing will play the original game's campaigns first.
Kel'Thuzad becomes a necromancer as you see him in Andorhal. "by the living, of course" - "are you responsible for this plague, necromancer"
I played them but I never read that short story about Kel'Thuzad and you should always assume your players don't know some of these concepts like that thing used to make ashbringer or something. And that bit with the frog was also strange. You don't have to add puzzles just for the sake of it. Rather make sure your game has consistent gameplay and be weary of introducing new gameplay concepts abruptly and have player use what he learned up until that point to solve the problem (pass the challenge).

Hope you don't take my criticisms personally. I wrote it hoping to help you improve and that's it :)

Level 20
I've played through the first map.

1) Terrain is really, really nice. Good job.
2) Writing needs a little help. First of all, I'd recommend adding more hints about Kel'thuzad being displeased with how Kirin'Tor treat him or how he wants more power or anything else that would foreshadow his future. Some more character & world building would also be nice. Secondly, the grammar... Overall it isn't bad per se, but there are quite a lot of mistakes. One in particular made me laugh:

SLUG GOLEM

Slugs are a group of animals, for instance this little fellow:
images

I don't see what it has to do with Stone Golems, so I believe that what you meant was SLAG :)

3) Gameplay wise, it was a fairly standard micro map, so not much to say here. I was satisfied with the general pacing, enemy diversity, variety of activities and events (i.e. that there were some side quest, places to explore, triggered events, etc. and not just "go from point A to B), item game, etc.

I've had a bit of an issue with destroying the rocks, because the chest model looked more like a decoration than a destructible doodad and even though I've tried clicking on it, for some reason it didn't work the first time, so I got kinda confused. Perhaps just add a line there for people like me who love to derp out saying something like this "Oh, a chest, perhaps the bandits have stashed something useful inside", but that's a very, very minor thing.

One tip that I have is... Most of enemies are just standing around doing nothing in the middle of the road. I know this is a common practice and I don't really mind, but I think it would be more fun if you tried to come up with some logical activities for units - like, for example, instead of having 3 Ogres stand in the middle of the road waiting, put them a little more to the side of the road around a caldron or a fireplace with a human corpse. Or have some enemy units that are patrolling, or chasing a villager, or having a small skirmish with a local guard, or checking out a broken cart, whatever. It helps with the immersion and world building.

And finally, one thing I didn't like - mana management & balance. Summoning an Elemental gives you way more for each mana point spent than using any other ability and since you have little mana as a low level hero, most of the time I was just saving mana to always have an Elemental up, instead of using other abilities.

Also, the abilities themselves cost a lot of mana compared to what you have (and personally, I think that outside of the Elementals, the are pretty overpriced for what they do), your hero has a little amount of mana and there's not enough ways to regain it.

What this results in is gameplay where a lot of the times you see your hero slowly killing enemies with auto attacks, which isn't really that fun. I'd suggest adding some more mana recuperation (mana pots, mana runes, etc.) to the map so that you are able to use more of your abilities. You can buff the enemies as well to compensate.

I've played through the first map.

1) Terrain is really, really nice. Good job. ( :mwahaha: )
2) Writing needs a little help. First of all, I'd recommend adding more hints about Kel'thuzad being displeased with how Kirin'Tor treat him or how he wants more power or anything else that would foreshadow his future. Some more character & world building would also be nice. Secondly, the grammar... Overall it isn't bad per se, but there are quite a lot of mistakes. One in particular made me laugh:

SLUG GOLEM

Slugs are a group of animals, for instance this little fellow:
images

I don't see what it has to do with Stone Golems, so I believe that what you meant was SLAG :) (Yeah, I mean :oops:, please If you find any grammar problems, write me please, so that I can fix it.)

3) Gameplay wise, it was a fairly standard micro map, so not much to say here. I was satisfied with the general pacing, enemy diversity, variety of activities and events (i.e. that there were some side quest, places to explore, triggered events, etc. and not just "go from point A to B), item game, etc. ( :grin: )

I've had a bit of an issue with destroying the rocks, because the chest model looked more like a decoration than a destructible doodad and even though I've tried clicking on it, for some reason it didn't work the first time, so I got kinda confused. Perhaps just add a line there for people like me who love to derp out saying something like this "Oh, a chest, perhaps the bandits have stashed something useful inside", but that's a very, very minor thing.

( Hm, okay :) )

One tip that I have is... Most of enemies are just standing around doing nothing in the middle of the road. I know this is a common practice and I don't really mind, but I think it would be more fun if you tried to come up with some logical activities for units - like, for example, instead of having 3 Ogres stand in the middle of the road waiting, put them a little more to the side of the road around a caldron or a fireplace with a human corpse. Or have some enemy units that are patrolling, or chasing a villager, or having a small skirmish with a local guard, or checking out a broken cart, whatever. It helps with the immersion and world building. (Updated: 2 Ogres at fireplace, 1 of them patrolling on the road)

And finally, one thing I didn't like - mana management & balance. Summoning an Elemental gives you way more for each mana point spent than using any other ability and since you have little mana as a low level hero, most of the time I was just saving mana to always have an Elemental up, instead of using other abilities. ( I plan to make the life of the elementals (I mean, the life after they dissapears) a little bit longer)

Also, the abilities themselves cost a lot of mana compared to what you have (and personally, I think that outside of the Elementals, the are pretty overpriced for what they do), your hero has a little amount of mana and there's not enough ways to regain it. ( 240 sec would be enough for the elementals lifetime? )

What this results in is gameplay where a lot of the times you see your hero slowly killing enemies with auto attacks, which isn't really that fun. I'd suggest adding some more mana recuperation (mana pots, mana runes, etc.) to the map so that you are able to use more of your abilities. You can buff the enemies as well to compensate. ( In development ;) )

Last edited:
Level 5
I have a feeling that this project could be a great campaign. However, there are criticisms which I have. These are my opinions.

Chapter 2.
1.The story about the crystal is revealed later when the undead attack, when Arthas attacks. Proof from Wowpedia:
During the siege of Blackrock Spire in the Second War, Highlord Alexandros Mograine took a mysterious, dark crystal from a dead orc warlock. The crystal was the "living embodiment of shadow" and it came from Draenor. Upon touching it, Mograine's hand became tainted and could not be healed. Mograine kept the crystal a secret for years until just before the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron. He then revealed it to the other leaders of the Silver Hand, suggesting that they try to find the crystal's antithesis — a manifestation of the Holy Light itself — that could be used against the undead in the impending invasion. Mograine's peers were appalled at the sight of the dark crystal and tried to destroy it with holy spells.

2. The fountain is very...odd. I didn't understand it, however I have explanations about what you are trying to present. Is it the call of the Lich King to Kel'thuzad or something else?

3. I like how you present the talk between Kel'thuzad and Helcular, that is a great detail, however I feel like you should have put their discussion to a secret place, due to the fact the place is full of citizens and that would make it weird.

Chapter 3.
1. The problem here has been told, but I'll say it again. You made Dalaran look like it's been destroyed completely by the orcs. I think you should change it.

That's the only stuff I have criticisms about. If you want, change it. If you don't want to, I respect your decision.

Level 20
I've played through Chapter II.

While the terrain is still nice, it feels very similar to Chapter I - I wish you spiced things up a little.
The same can be said about the map itself - it's still your hero vs the world - again... I wish you spiced things up a little :)

Alternatively, I think you could merge both chapters into one :)

Other than that, I don't really have any criticisms. I mean, sure, the map felt a bit same-ish as the last one, which was a little boring and there were some minor spelling errors, but overall it's fine. Hopefully in the next mission things will get more interesting.

I have a feeling that this project could be a great campaign. However, there are criticisms which I have. These are my opinions.

Chapter 2.
1.The story about the crystal is revealed later when the undead attack, when Arthas attacks. Proof from Wowpedia:
During the siege of Blackrock Spire in the Second War, Highlord Alexandros Mograine took a mysterious, dark crystal from a dead orc warlock. The crystal was the "living embodiment of shadow" and it came from Draenor. Upon touching it, Mograine's hand became tainted and could not be healed. Mograine kept the crystal a secret for years until just before the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron. He then revealed it to the other leaders of the Silver Hand, suggesting that they try to find the crystal's antithesis — a manifestation of the Holy Light itself — that could be used against the undead in the impending invasion. Mograine's peers were appalled at the sight of the dark crystal and tried to destroy it with holy spells.

2. The fountain is very...odd. I didn't understand it, however I have explanations about what you are trying to present. Is it the call of the Lich King to Kel'thuzad or something else?

3. I like how you present the talk between Kel'thuzad and Helcular, that is a great detail, however I feel like you should have put their discussion to a secret place, due to the fact the place is full of citizens and that would make it weird.

Chapter 3.
1. The problem here has been told, but I'll say it again. You made Dalaran look like it's been destroyed completely by the orcs. I think you should change it.

That's the only stuff I have criticisms about. If you want, change it. If you don't want to, I respect your decision.

Chapter 2.
During the siege of Blackrock Spire in the Second War, Highlord Alexandros Mograine took a mysterious, dark crystal from a dead orc warlock. The crystal was the "living embodiment of shadow" and it came from Draenor. Upon touching it, Mograine's hand became tainted and could not be healed. Mograine kept the crystal a secret for years until just before the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron. He then revealed it to the other leaders of the Silver Hand, suggesting that they try to find the crystal's antithesis — a manifestation of the Holy Light itself — that could be used against the undead in the impending invasion. Mograine's peers were appalled at the sight of the dark crystal and tried to destroy it with holy spells. ( The story is rewritten' so many times.. many, many times... As you can see In World of Warcraft, Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon, when Alexandros, Fairbanks and Abbendis try to purify the crystal in the Southshore Inn, Kel and Helcular speaking about the necromancy. )

2. The fountain is very...odd. I didn't understand it, however I have explanations about what you are trying to present. Is it the call of the Lich King to Kel'thuzad or something else? (Yo

3. I like how you present the talk between Kel'thuzad and Helcular, that is a great detail, however I feel like you should have put their discussion to a secret place, due to the fact the place is full of citizens and that would make it weird. (This is why he said that he must speak quietly, they speaking quiet, without voices it feels a little bit weird)

Chapter 3.
(In development)

That's the only stuff I have criticisms about. If you want, change it. If you don't want to... (I respect your standpoint) :)

Level 29
Hi. Sorry for not being posting.

General:
- The way Kel'Thuzad complained about not being respected made him sound like a spoiled brat. I really hope the dialogue is not from an actual lore book or something like that. - ( I plan to remove that ) -

I, for one, like his complaint. It makes his future action of leaving Dalaran more relatable since he is a pariah already by this point.

- (Do you paying attention to the first map? Well I Will not Tell you until you not View it again. If you curious, that conversation is come from the Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon from World of Warcraft) -

I like to think this regarding the fountain. He smelled some kind of poison, made by the orcs, that affected his mind. Those words he heard are a manifestation of his inner conflict: darkest desires and thoughts vs his conscience and morality.

BTW :3

Special thanks for @Stefan.K

According to the lore, by the time of the Second War, Kel'Thuzad had both black hair and beard.

@LISBOAH
Alleria Windrunner dissapeared with Turalyon after Kel become a necromancer or before he does?
Alleria and Turalyon disappears at the end of the Second War, which is around the time where Ner'zhul became the Lich King. Not sure which happened first but both happened before Kel'Thuzad became a necromancer.

Actually no. Alleria and Turalyon dissapear during the invasion of Draenor, which occured two years after the Second War. Ner'zhul becomes shortly after the Lich King, after enduring torture at the hands of Kil'jaeden.

Hi. Sorry for not being posting.

I, for one, like his complaint. It makes his future action of leaving Dalaran more relatable since he is a pariah already by this point.

I like to think this regarding the fountain. He smelled some kind of poison, made by the orcs, that affected his mind. Those words he heard are a manifestation of his inner conflict: darkest desires and thoughts vs his conscience and morality.

According to the lore, by the time of the Second War, Kel'Thuzad had both black hair and beard.

Actually no. Alleria and Turalyon dissapear during the invasion of Draenor, which occured two years after the Second War. Ner'zhul becomes shortly after the Lich King, after enduring torture at the hands of Kil'jaeden.

300px-Kel'thuzadhuman.jpg

Level 3
Hi, just played your campaign and I found:
Chapter 4: if you manage to kill every orc in the map, you have to wait until the timer runs out. I'd suggest increasing the difficulty or trigger it and win when every orc is dead.

Overall awesome campaign. Terrain, gameplay and cinematics are spectacular. I hope you can finish it soon, you are very talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.