1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

RMPQExtractor 1.0

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Firstly, this tool is not mine.

Secondly, here's the description by the author, d07.RiV:

Almost an MPQ editor. I didn't implement any editing functionality, maybe I will do that in future.
It is based on my own MPQ library and it seems to be faster than MPQ Master.
Features:
  • Can extract any file (MPQ master usually cannot extract files with unknown names)
  • Includes a listfile that should be enough for all your needs
  • Filename search aka reconstructing listfile - should find all used files and some unused, except those specified in JASS in obfuscated form, e.g. "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTN" + "Something" + ".blp"
  • Search unknown files in other maps: select a bunch of maps and it will check if any of them have the files with the same names as the ones you couldn't reconstruct.
  • Dump object data in .txt files in human-readable form (almost), works with widgetized maps as well.
  • Deobfuscate JASS script to make it readable
  • Built-in hex viewer (right-click a file and select View binary)
  • Built-in image viewer (right-click a file and select View image)
How to use: extract the program and the listfile.txt in the same folder. Do not modify the original listfile, the one you already have is usually enough and if you use a large listfile it will significantly slow down opening archives.
Buttons:
Listfiles = use it before loading a map, select listfiles to use (it doesnt save whatever you add there if you exit the program)
Open = open the map you specified
Add listfile = look for unknown files in another listfile
Auto search = the "reconstructing listfile" feature
Search in files = look in other maps for unknown files
Extract listfile = write the file list to an external file
Dump object data = what does this little button do?
Deobfuscate JASS script = same as above

Extract to = select the path for extracting files

Download:
MediaFire

Keywords:
d07.RiV, MPQ, Extractor, MPQExtractor, list, listfile
Contents

RMPQExtractor 1.0 (Binary)

Reviews
15:29, 1st Oct 2009 PurplePoot: Seems great and the author seems to have given you permission to post it here. In the future, please make that more clear—I was about to reject it until I saw his comment.
  1. 15:29, 1st Oct 2009
    PurplePoot: Seems great and the author seems to have given you permission to post it here. In the future, please make that more clear—I was about to reject it until I saw his comment.

2. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wow this is like my warcraft studio but better because you can open maps and extract them GJ 5/5!

3. Ozzapoo

Ozzapoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent job! This works with all corrupted MPQs!

4. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    yea this is good, it can almost always rebuild a listfile(95% or so) also Very useful program

5. Mynameislol

Mynameislol

Resources:
    Resources:
    -snip- I might been banned for posting this... because this is like piracy. well, ill ask a mod later if i can post this.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  6. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    na, we have mpq browsers here, and it can be used for other stuff... and is suposta... hell you can deprotect a map with any mpq editor for the most part.........

7. Mynameislol

Mynameislol

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am not talking about a map. I have deprotected project revolution's mpq with it. and i didn't unlock a little bit. i unlocked everything!

8. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    yea, but it still has a few unnamed files, it only gets the ones refrenced by somewhere in the code, so the extra files ya gotta rename by hand... besides just cause it CAN be used for cheating, dosnt mean it will, atleast not as much... and fyi project revolution is pretty old, and prolly needs to be released anyways, (its been a year since any progress has been made)

9. Mynameislol

Mynameislol

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm, No. I got every single file named with that program. Also they don't work on project revolution anymore because there's a problem with the zerg race. When they know how to fix it they WILL indeed continue on the project untill it's 100% complete.

10. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't worry.This is allowed,and you shouldn't worry....

11. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    i dont think anything is piracy, if you dont spread it... lol...
    or get it from someone, since u have to own the product to make it, unless u scratch made it..... inwhich case, you would have to have atleast used the resource, and have a good f#$@ memory

12. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    The ones that aren't references in the code can't be very important, anyways. Probably unused files. It does work with all MPQs, whether corrupted or not, so it is more useful than MPQMaster. Unfortunately, it lacks an importing function, so it's impossible to re-add files, if you get my drift.

13. Storyyeller

Storyyeller

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is an awesome tool. If you want to work with unknown MPQs, it is basically mandatory.

14. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is an incredible tool, you can rebuild any listfile from it, very useful to me, 5/5.

15. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, just noticed my tool in the list >.>
    Thanks for the replies!

I have fixed my MPQ library not to crash when writing archives so I might update this one day.

16. Weep

Weep

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It seems like every time I run this, all the sound options in the Object Editor disappear and I have to reinstall WC3... Anyone else?
    I am still suspicious, but on the other hand I might have just been accidentally hitting control-8. :crazz:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  17. D1vergent

D1vergent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great tool.

Thanks for sharing it!