This tool originates from here
Firstly, this tool is not mine.
Secondly, here's the description by the author, d07.RiV:
Almost an MPQ editor. I didn't implement any editing functionality, maybe I will do that in future.
It is based on my own MPQ library and it seems to be faster than MPQ Master.
- Can extract any file (MPQ master usually cannot extract files with unknown names)
- Includes a listfile that should be enough for all your needs
- Filename search aka reconstructing listfile - should find all used files and some unused, except those specified in JASS in obfuscated form, e.g. "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTN" + "Something" + ".blp"
- Search unknown files in other maps: select a bunch of maps and it will check if any of them have the files with the same names as the ones you couldn't reconstruct.
- Dump object data in .txt files in human-readable form (almost), works with widgetized maps as well.
- Deobfuscate JASS script to make it readable
- Built-in hex viewer (right-click a file and select View binary)
- Built-in image viewer (right-click a file and select View image)
How to use: extract the program and the listfile.txt in the same folder. Do not modify the original listfile, the one you already have is usually enough and if you use a large listfile it will significantly slow down opening archives.
Listfiles = use it before loading a map, select listfiles to use (it doesnt save whatever you add there if you exit the program)
Open = open the map you specified
Add listfile = look for unknown files in another listfile
Auto search = the "reconstructing listfile" feature
Search in files = look in other maps for unknown files
Extract listfile = write the file list to an external file
Dump object data = what does this little button do?
Deobfuscate JASS script = same as above
Extract to = select the path for extracting files
d07.RiV, MPQ, Extractor, MPQExtractor, list, listfile