• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain 1.0

This tool can convert a heighmap (tga) into a warcraft terrain (w3e). Maby it is usefull for big maps, because it's faster then the editor. It's open source so the source code is included. (Use SFmpq and cxImagelib.)
Have fun,
.:DarkLord
Contents

Terrain 1.0 (Binary)

Reviews
ZypherXII [02-07-2008]: ~Approved~

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Yeah, i myself have several copies of these two files from previously installed third party software (Nero 7, STDUViewer, SUPERAntiSpyware...). The problem is that they are all outdated versions.

MFC71.dll v7.10.6119.0 is in the VS2003 Service Pack 1 MFC Security Update, complete with its locale files, unicode and debug builds. But it is a 76,5MB download and it does not even include msvcr71.dll. Pff...

Because so many of the legacy dll files are missing on Windows 10 x64 and because Microsoft never provided afaik any official installer for said files, I suggest using abbodi1406's VisualCppRedist AiO to install them. *Be sure to run it with the /aiE switch*, so that it only installs the legacy files and leaves everything else unmodified. This repack ships with MFC71.dll v7.10.6119.0 and msvcr71.dll v7.10.7031.4 (and with many other legacy files).

For those who are curious about its contents, the installer can be unpacked with WinRAR or 7-Zip. The legacy files are in the vbc folder. As a side note, the 16-Bit dlls for Visual Basic (which are the ones in the SYS sub-folder) will not be installed on a 64-bit OS.

Last edited:
If this still works (haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing it does) then you don't need all the extra programs anymore. Just save your base map as a folder, make your texture, run the tool to get the war3map.w3e, and overwrite the file in the folder location. Still need to test of course but honestly this could be really awesome!

Update: It works! You do need a copy of the map in normal w3x format for creating the war3map.w3e file but otherwise it worked as advertised :peasant-cheers-back:
Elwynn1_320x480v2_footman.png
Elwynn1_320x480.png

Last edited: