1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

SHDConvertor 1.0

Submitted by monoxide_rus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Format: Java Application
Made by monoxide_rus.

Allows to convert image (.png .gif .jpg) to Warcraft iii shadow map (.shd),where white pixels are interpreted like no shadow and others like shadow bits.

How to use:
- Make sure that (width,height) of your image file is (4*width,4*height) of your full map size.
- Run SHDConvertor.jar
- Choose an image to convert by typing a path or using Browse button, then click on Convert button to save outout .shd file.After that, replace war3map.shd in your map by converted file by using some other tool,for example mpqmaster.
- DELETE (attributes) file otherwise the map won't open!

Screenshot

[​IMG]

Requirements:
- Java installed

Hope someone finds it usefull.

Keywords:
shadow map shd convertor tool WE Warcraft editor
Contents

SHDConvertor 1.0 (Binary)

Reviews
08:44, 17th Mar 2013 Magtheridon96: I have tested this and it works according to the standard specifications of the .shd file (I used a Hex Editor) It works quite well. Approved.
  1. 08:44, 17th Mar 2013
    Magtheridon96:

I have tested this and it works according to the standard specifications of the .shd file (I used a Hex Editor)

It works quite well.
    Approved.

2. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Has anyone else tried this? Please VM me if you can explain how to use this better. I'm trying to get rid of cliff shadows.

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Great tool! You can use this to hand-paint a shadowmap manually, if you use an image editing software that allows layering.

Simply create a snapshot of your map from birdseye perspective or extract the minimap picture and use it as a reference. Match the sizes, paint the shadows you need, rescale the picture and covert it to shd.