• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rites of the Earthmother v1.10a

I'm sorry to say, but my laptop was stolen so there are no new updates coming. While I was almost finished with them. D':
183449-albums4794-picture55094.png

Adventure Map

With a small break after An Ogre's Mission, I made another 2 player adventure map: Rites of the Earthmother.

Play as Gurn or Ulimaro as a unstoppable force. While trapped in a underground Scourge base! Gurn and Ulimaro must escape from there, but you'll find out that it won't be easy! With new a new Story, Abilties, units, items, bosses, features, interface and much more makes this map a whole different map than the An Ogre's Mission. So expierence the adventure and try it out. If you have any comments or found any bugs please let me know.

183449-albums4794-picture47454.png

183449-albums4794-picture47455.png

183449-albums4794-picture47456.png

183449-albums4794-picture47464.png

183449-albums4794-picture47463.png

183449-albums4794-picture47459.png

Contents

Rites of the Earthmother v1.10a (Map)

Reviews
11:38, 11th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved

What heroes should I choice in my probably next Nigt Elf (2 Player) RPG map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Change gameplay a little, make it not so linear :D
Also abilities learning system is fail, better add all spells into spell book and use dummy abilities to learn:
Spell damage, spell critical chance, spell critical multi. , anything you want :D

You can have 1 passive and 1 active spell book :) (This way you can go up to 11 abilities for each spell book).

Another idea is to make 3 different spell books for each hero:
Shaman one:
Nature: Heal, protective and enchanted spells etc etc
Lightning: Destruction spells (Speed boosts/reductions etc etc)
Dark: Armor reduction, mind control, summoning etc

Another cool thing are icons (nature ones green etc etc).

Level 15
Change gameplay a little, make it not so linear :D
Also abilities learning system is fail, better add all spells into spell book and use dummy abilities to learn:
Spell damage, spell critical chance, spell critical multi. , anything you want :D

You can have 1 passive and 1 active spell book :) (This way you can go up to 11 abilities for each spell book).

Another idea is to make 3 different spell books for each hero:
Shaman one:
Nature: Heal, protective and enchanted spells etc etc
Lightning: Destruction spells (Speed boosts/reductions etc etc)
Dark: Armor reduction, mind control, summoning etc

Another cool thing are icons (nature ones green etc etc).

Thanks for the tips, =)

I personally hate spellbooks (think they're annoying).
Maybe I'll improve the storyline.

Last edited:
Level 16
Initial Comments:

That UI tile is pure sex.

Maybe include the abilities the heroes have?

Looks really chaotic in a good way :)

I like the terrain (in the screenshots)

This looks like a crazy cool map. I'll download and play it sometime this week. Btw you might want to change your sig so it doesn't say "coming soon" on the map.

Level 15
Initial Comments:

That UI tile is pure sex.

Maybe include the abilities the heroes have?

Looks really chaotic in a good way :)

I like the terrain (in the screenshots)

This looks like a crazy cool map. I'll download and play it sometime this week. Btw you might want to change your sig so it doesn't say "coming soon" on the map.

Haha oh yh forgot, thanks ^^

Last edited:
Level 3
May I ask a little question? How can you change the aspect of the menu where is the minimap, the portrait of the unit, the stats and the movement with the abilities section? If it has a name then I don't know it. The one that I see in the screenshots isn't like the original ones(the humans have some rocks there, the undead have some bones, etc). I hope someone understands what I mean and can help me. Thanks.

Level 15
May I ask a little question? How can you change the aspect of the menu where is the minimap, the portrait of the unit, the stats and the movement with the abilities section? If it has a name then I don't know it. The one that I see in the screenshots isn't like the original ones(the humans have some rocks there, the undead have some bones, etc). I hope someone understands what I mean and can help me. Thanks.

You mean the interface my friend, I have no idea it's from Unwirklich (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107462) when you downloaded that, you can easy change the interface by "Game Interface"

Last edited:
Level 12
I have tried this map with my brother and it was kinda boring due to the extreme long hit points that the units have and quite laggy especially during fighting with one of the boss that cast the icy thingy.
It took me and my brother about more than 1 hour 30 minutes to finish it and we're only playing Easy mode. Imagine that if me and my brother playing Hard mode, I guess it can up to 2 hours game time playing this non-stop without any saving system.

Besides that, the item seems to be giving not much difference; too less attributes that it grants. Well, I guess this is not one of the major problem.

Overall,
- hit points too long (make the gamers feel bore)
- laggy when cast some of the spell and when bosses cast spell with great effects
- not enough items
- items give extremely less difference to the hero

Level 14
I have tried this map with my brother and it was kinda boring due to the extreme long hit points that the units have and quite laggy especially during fighting with one of the boss that cast the icy thingy.
It took me and my brother about more than 1 hour 30 minutes to finish it and we're only playing Easy mode. Imagine that if me and my brother playing Hard mode, I guess it can up to 2 hours game time playing this non-stop without any saving system.

Besides that, the item seems to be giving not much difference; too less attributes that it grants. Well, I guess this is not one of the major problem.

Overall,
- laggy when cast some of the spell and when bosses cast spell with great effects
- not enough items

dude the game is not laggy,just turn off al yo programs and downloads.

Level 15

Overall,
- not enough items

Already told you by the 'An Ogre's Mission' hostile units dont need to die in 1 blow. Also if there were too many items it would fuk up the map, you'll be too busy studying the 'best' item instead raping shit and bosses.

Last edited:
Level 2
Awesome map, played a few times with my friend and were both impressed by this map, lost a couple of times due to me not being able to fully heal my friend as ulimaro.

Level 2
Nice map but i got this error :) and to play this map i needed to put it in scenario folder ...
image000p.png

Ah and it's written: There is not enough memory to process command

Level 15
That's probably caused by a loophole in the triggers, maybe a non existing custom script, one typo could mess everything up.
Also @Maximum_Evil, I suggest you shorten the map's file anem to RotE1.7b, so that it shows up in every map folder.

Nice map but i got this error :) and to play this map i needed to put it in scenario folder ...
Ah and it's written: There is not enough memory to process command

I shall check didn't had a critical error in my past versions, thank you.

That's probably caused by a loophole in the triggers, maybe a non existing custom script, one typo could mess everything up.
Also @Maximum_Evil, I suggest you shorten the map's file anem to RotE1.7b, so that it shows up in every map folder.

I shall take a look, thanks ;-)

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
Absolutely terrible. I tried this on hard mode on accident by pressing enter. It's either impossible, boring, or both. There's no story, just 6MB of spam imported. Don't just add 7 abilities to a hero to fill his command card. Why does my large tauren hero have a metal light slice attack sound? Why is player two worthless?

Edit: Maximum_Evil, if my review upsets you due to its brevity, or seems too harsh: Work on my small suggestions, consider reading some tutorials about lore (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/soul-story-art-lore-244737/), and work on the specifics of good writing (http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-Style-Fourth-Edition/dp/020530902X)

I can't stress this enough. If your map is intended to be story-driven, you *must* be good at writing stories.

Last edited:
Level 15
Absolutely terrible. I tried this on hard mode on accident by pressing enter. It's either impossible, boring, or both. There's no story, just 6MB of spam imported. Don't just add 7 abilities to a hero to fill his command card. Why does my large tauren hero have a metal light slice attack sound? Why is player two worthless?

Edit: Maximum_Evil, if my review upsets you due to its brevity, or seems too harsh: Work on my small suggestions, consider reading some tutorials about lore (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/soul-story-art-lore-244737/), and work on the specifics of good writing (http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-Style-Fourth-Edition/dp/020530902X)

I can't stress this enough. If your map is intended to be story-driven, you *must* be good at writing stories.

Well I agree with you thst the story isn't the best ever, and the other critism isn't that 'big'. Atleast not big enough to just give my map a 1/5..

also I wish I could fix my map but I can't anymore. :ogre_rage: