1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Necro Knight v1.3.

Submitted by Momowarlord
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Rise of the Necro Knight
Takes place in fictional kingdom of Androsean, where young mage named Aneglur seeks power trough necromancy. Neglected and underappreciated he seeked for his glory. Local authorities assumed about his actions. King sent men to kill him. Even after his death dark powers remains in his dead body and he raised him self as powerful necromancer-warrior with one mission to take vengeance.

Necro Knight have unique set of abilities and his strongest ability is non-hero ability called Second Opportunity, that allows him to raise killed units permanently.

This campaign is RPG focused, killing creeps, finding secrets and fighting secret bosses.
Each map has neutral Boss and corpse of Legendary warrior.

• Characters Description
    Aneglur Tugadh Main Protagonist of campaign, young mage that became necromancer.
    Roddrick General of Androsean army, self centred egoistic man, will do anything to save his skin, even betray his loyal friends.
    Keagan Loyal Captain of Androsean, capable and good man, victim of betrayal

Bosses Description
    Gauldoth Spirit of powerfull necromancer. Drops Gauldoth's Tome.
    Obsidian Golem Mighty colossal golem, drops Runed Bracer.
    Charles Vane Ruthless pirate captain, drops Ocean Master.
    King Gilliam III Mur'gul king, drops Scepter of the Seas.
    Slade and Slitthroat Deadly Bandit duo, drops Enchanting Ring.

Corpses of Legendary Warriors History
    Lone Champion True definition of a Champion, veteran of many wars, location of his grave is unknown.
    Troll Marauder Trollish warrior of many troll tales, guardian of all trolls.
    Ocean Vanguard Protector of the seas, killed by pirates.

• [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• [30.9.2019.]
    skip cinematic added
    new unit for humans
    new unique items
    fixed trigger bugs
    new spell for Aneglur

[14.12.2019]
    This update introduces new mechanic for raising enemy units, risen units keep their abilities.
    There are some new unique items that have drop chance instead of getting normal item type:
    Slippers of Agility 67% drop chance and Ninja Slippers 33% drop chance
    Maul of Strenght and Maul of Brute Strenght
    Mantle of Intelligence and Mantle of Magi
    Gauntlets of Ogre Strenght and Gauntlets of Ogre Warlord
    Slimy Murloc Scale and Sturdy Murloc Scale

[9.5.2020.] Released in 1.30.4 version of WC3
    Unique risen models added
    minor dialogue changes

• nazgul rider by olofmoleman
    soulsteal by 4eNNightmare
    captain footman by Ujimasa Hojo
    cottage by HerrDave
    dark harvest by Power
    demon knight by Tarrasque
    footman hero by Sharkarsh, Stefan.K
    footman spear thrower by AhhFreshWeeD
    frost armor target by JetFangInferno
    hand made axe by Sunchips
    homestead by HerrDave
    knight by Stefan.K
    murloc fisher by willydawiller
    human bishop by Tranquill
    nazgl by HerrDave
    ogre pirate by Uncle Fester
    scarecrow by Shadow_killer
    sea giant emperor by Retera
    thatched cottages by MassiveMaster
    troll pirate by Uncle Fester
    turalyon by CloudWolf
    web by Lender
    black corsair by WhiteDeath

Special thanks to BloodSoul for triggers
  • This is my first campaign, it took several years to make with pauses. Hope you enjoy it
Contents

Rise of the Necro Knight (Campaign)

Reviews
Mvyrea
I understand it's a demo, so I guess it's normal that there are many things to fix. Regarding the prologue, I think that I should not use a model as recognizable as Arthas for another character, it does not look good. On the subject of the models, I...
Paillan
After a test a couple of things: Mayor issues: - There's no info for the player that they need to break the granary to get to the town from behind. - The prologue has a victory screen to end them map instead of sending the player to the first map....
cleavinghammer
Loading screen image should be better cropped, there are these weird white shapes at the edges. English needs a lot of correcting, but is understandable. Cutscenes are unskippable. Given how important Second Chance is to gameplay, it should have a...
deepstrasz
Same issue, the hero does not appear in chapter 2. It works on 1.27 though. But we require it to work on the latest patches as well. Awaiting Update. (previous comments: Rise of the Necro Knight v1.2.) EDIT: no updates in 3 months. Substandard....
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. -as with the Chaplain/mage in the prologue, some animations freeze after playing; here with the hero in the ending of the intro.
    2. -Unholy Rage is an autocast spell. You should make it look so with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Why not custom icons though since the spells are pretty much custom?
    3. -pressing ESC after the intro, triggers the fade out and cinematic mode off again plus the quest message.
    4. -from what we could see in the prologue, Aneglur was a novice; how was the character raised? And now, looking bulky, armoured and using an axe, not being weak, able to raise armies?
    5. -Unholy Rage's buff description is incomplete.
    6. -all this happening in the middle of the day!?
    7. -Aneglur the sociopath. I mean, at this rate even Hitler was a better person. Aneglur isn't even a person anymore.
    8. -why were the farmers barricaded like that with barrels and stuff?
    9. -family members don't even say anything when seeing their relatives risen and attacking them.
    10. -used Earl to kill Baldrick with some Unholy Rage help and Second Opportunity but the quest was failed. OK, it seems, I had to use the 3 skeletons from the nearby graveyard. I guess, I was lucky with Earl that the last hit was from one of the skeletons.
    11. -again, pressing ESC did what I mentioned earlier. You have to turn off that intro end trigger.
    12. -you should find another model for Aneglur in the prologue as it's the same as the Chaplain which I just raised.
    13. -when showing an update for a quest, you should show all requirements in the quest message and gray out those which are completed or at least write (completed) after them and leave the incomplete ones there; otherwise it looks like you've completed the whole quest or something.
    14. -for immersion, reaching a post sign could trigger a message to know where a road might lead or what place you're at.
    15. -villagers should run opposite from where the undead are coming from, not towards them if they come from the east.
    16. -is the Clockwork penguin useful for anything, a puzzle, a secret Easter egg place?
    17. -some ramps are glitched in the murloc zone.
    18. -the end scene should be better made; it's cinematic mode with locked camera on Aneglur which gets lost between the myriad of raised troops plus the hero might move during the scene which is nauseating.

1. -chapter 2 hasn't been made visible in the campaign screen.
    2. -Aneglur doesn't appear.
    3. -doomed? Really, with that army?

Could be a game cache trigger issue or a compatibility one as I'm playing on 1.31.1.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

2. BladeMaster3 (TVWK)

BladeMaster3 (TVWK)

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow i played the 2 campaigns and your terraining is really nice the story too and i love the spells good work fellow

3. hassanbob

hassanbob

Resources:
    Resources:
    the dig part i cant find the right spot lol

4. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2019-12-15_15-56-24.png
    dig there

5. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, I played the map and I must say good work.
    There is 4 notes that I thought I should say them:
    1.In the isles chapter, quests has a bug: when you complete dark tides, undiscovered campeign becames complete.
    2.In the last chapter, you must recuit the murloc to open the gate for you, but you can use scepter of sea instead and recuit Slade (that has a 100 attack damage) so you can kill anything with it and your hero's damage increase ability, I don't know you know this or this happened naturaly, anyway I think it's a bug.
    3.Why your hero is a living unit? You can heal him with holy light.
    4.Why you show a moment twice? Killing Keagen and Killing Roddrick (one in game and one in cinematic) You can end game when their hitpoints reduces to 1%.
    Ignoring these notes, you made a very good campeign with acceptable story.
    Also I like the axe, that Aneglur takes it from a guard.

6. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i will check those bugs, nice point with scepter of sea i overlooked that. I think i checked aneglur as undead i will check that to.
    moderators complained for plain ending of chapter 2 and 4, so i put ending cinematics
    for that quest bug on chapter 3, how do you mean undiscovered quest became completed, so you didn't even knew for that quest until you completed it?
    thanks for comment

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  7. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When you start chapter, there is a quest: Dark Tides, that you can complete it with recuit 3 giants. But when you recuit them, Dark Tides quest doesn't complete, undiscovered quest does.
    Also you will never know what the undiscovered quest is it.
    You must seek the problem in your trigger editor. I don't know, may this happened for my old patch 1.26a.
    You're welcome, Maps need feedback to become better.

Edit: One more thing: The last cinematic hasn't loading screen.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same issue, the hero does not appear in chapter 2. It works on 1.27 though. But we require it to work on the latest patches as well.

Awaiting Update.

(previous comments: Rise of the Necro Knight v1.2.)

EDIT: no updates in 3 months. Substandard.

EDIT: sorry. It was my fault that I couldn't get the game cache working for some weird reason that needed a new game profile to make it work.

1. -the footman and captain raised units have the same icon.
    2. -Unholy Rage's buff icon is Unholy Frenzy.
    3. -maybe you should try making more custom stuff like items: dragon scales/claws/something.
    4. -why so aggressive with the ghosts? What trickery? Didn't he see undead/ghosts before? He's a necromancer anyway.
    5. -pressing ESC after some time or the first quest(?) triggers the main quest message again and the timer for the guards.
    6. -maybe a custom wolf claw icon for the wolf's item.
    7. -also custom icons for the items that have the same icon like the ogre warlord's gauntlets which has the same icon as the ogre gauntlets of strength.
    8. -Maul of Brute Strength says it gives 2 STR when on the ground but when you have it in the inventory it says 1. It gives 2 in reality though.
    9. -many ramps have visual glitches.
    10. -funny thing is that where you're supposed to dig doesn't look like soft ground but rocky :D
    11. -could be nice for the Scepter of the King to have a little story description, maybe how it came to be buried there and stuff.
    12. -I think upkeep should be disabled since it does nothing but annoy when it appears.
    13. -Fungus Power is just renamed Blood Lust.
    14. -I like it that you name places with text. More immersion would be even better.
    15. -creative thinking with the Force of Nature secrets since you have to be careful to consider converting that Sasquatch. Ah wait, you can buy machines as well for that.
    16. -not sure why the Troll Marauder would just join your cause without being turned though.
    17. -went crazy and searched for murlocs with the dragon over water :D
    18. -it was obvious for me but you should write notice that the tome appears near the hero after killing all murlocs because you might miss it when you have a full screen of units.
    19. -wouldn't hurt to have a backpack. It takes lots of time to go from place to place if you need an item for something specific like the Dust of Appearance. At least some Boots of Speed :D
    20. -if it's a town invasion, why are the civilians outside?
    21. -why does everybody know him even the villagers?
    22. -Keagen is weaker than Chad, not even a hero?
    23. -Aneglur turns with his back to Keagen after he finishes hitting him and then turns to face him again.

1. -it wasn't necessary to show them battle at the end of chapter 2 if the interlude was supposed to show that and differently.
    2. -you can see through Keagen's foot when he's down. The camera should be a bit from behind.
    3. -rised Keagen has no portrait.
    4. -might have worked for the first two levels but now it's getting cliche to always start over with the troop collection process plus it's repetitive gameplay.
    5. -Keagan has no hero glow. You could simply add some: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
    6. -the Dark Tides quest doesn't gray out the creature names in the quest log as well.
    7. -not sure if intended but troops can get through the corals to the king crab but not the ship.
    8. -the other undiscovered optional quests finishes but not the one with recruiting beasts.
    9. -ha. A free unit again (Ocean Vanguard).

1. -nothing to lose? Everything was just for revenge? OK, I guess although, since he's weakened that would put his revenge in danger.
    2. -Second Opportunity is limited but you did not mention what that means. And the it completely disappears after you hit the lever.
    3. -you can summon two murlocs past the locked gate.
    4. -what if you didn't take the scepter from the murloc king? How can you finish the chapter then? Because if you kill the murloc without realizing you have to posses it, it's game over. Good thing it's at the start of the map.
    5. -Corpse Blast is just Frost Nova. And it's nothing about corpses anyway.
    6. -Soul Storm=Tranquility.
    7. -climax: Rodderick is a demon. I'm not sure what you wanted to convey with this whole story.
    8. -poor Keagan :D Listen to him, after he reanimated him.
    9. -indeed a fool Rodderick.
    10. -no idea why you made an interlude for 30 seconds when you could have put it at the end of the chapter as a cinematic scene.

While the gameplay is relaxing and quite OK, the story is substandard in that it doesn't really make you feel anything, doesn't really try to send a message. It's more just there so the campaign won't be without one.

Approved.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  9. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone tell me riddle answer of last chapter ?

10. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fire

11. Spiros kall

Spiros kall

Resources:
    Resources:
    i am i think on chapter eight i have the DK ON circle but how i can answer the riddle? to open the door on cave?

12. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Enter in chat simply

13. conde

conde

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice campaign but the begin of some chapters dont respect the end of the last one... for example... you killed keagan and next chapter you kill him again in cinematic. thats non sense

4/5

14. Atreus

Atreus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very Good

15. ZiBitheWand3r3r

ZiBitheWand3r3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nice terrain, I really like it (maybe last, final chapter needs a little work on terrain)
    Good concept with gathering army from the corpses,
    campaign not very hard, maybe final boss little to easy, I used banish+W spell (corpse blast or smth) and get that demon easy.
    Good job overall ;)