• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have one last question,seeing the demo on the stage where you show the units, the blood elves and forsaken will be used in this campaign?

EDIT:Kael version high elf is very good :)

Level 18
@Jaina26 You gave me an idea for when I'll finish this campaign :3 a bonus melee map featuring the custom races! (If i finish it one day :S)

@LeKaiser Yes the Blood Elves and the Forsakens will have their role in the campaign, but later. Most part of the senario (for now) is about "before and during" the Scourge's invasion. (looks like you looked the units in WE :D). The Forsakens are here for... Sylvanas, and I plan to use the blood elves in a very special map.

Level 18
Hey it has been a long time!!! I uptaded the threat a bit and added screenshots (they are not new sorry :3 ). I also uptaded the progress. I need someone that could make the AI or help me to do it because it's one of the only thing that would make chap 2 (two parts) 100%.
I'm sorry (yes again and always), but I have thing far more important in real life so I can work only a little time per week...
Anyways; I hope you'll like the new look of the first post XD

Level 18
@Mechanical Man I know it's narrow, I'm going to work on that during the holidays, I'm happy to know you like the custom stuff i use, If you need it just ask! The other maps are not playable at the moment, they will be added later.

@dell Thank you! Now I must find a way to use these demonic buildings XD

@Shatterfury Well I think I already made you wait too long, I think I should write down the story and post it here.

Level 15
I am not trying to be rude, but 1 map per year is awfully slow. It would be better to completely abandon this project, than to continue like this. I understan that you have other obligations, and you are doing this for fun, but don't thease us for nothing..

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I am not trying to be rude, but 1 map per year is awfully slow. It would be better to completely abandon this project, than to continue like this. I understan that you have other obligations, and you are doing this for fun, but don't thease us for nothing..
How is it a "tease"? You don't have to sit & wait for him; subscribe & forget.

Level 18
Hey,
First, I must say that I don't work a lot on my project currently, I have other idea for onther maps, and I wondering if the right choice wouldn't be to begin something else, and finish my campaign (or at least continue it) later. What do you think ?

Secondly, don't be rude on this thread it's not its purpose.

Jaina23 I have the feeling that what I already done doesn't serve the story I want to make. :/

Level 14
Hey,
First, I must say that I don't work a lot on my project currently, I have other idea for onther maps, and I wondering if the right choice wouldn't be to begin something else, and finish my campaign (or at least continue it) later. What do you think ?

Secondly, don't be rude on this thread it's not its purpose.

Jaina23 I have the feeling that what I already done doesn't serve the story I want to make. :/

At least release what you have if you cancel. Any saga of azeroth and dwarf campaign was never finished but they are beloved pieces of warcraft campaign history

Level 18
@Anaxie I have no intention of canceling it, I have my new story now and I'm working on it again. But I will do that in case I'm not able to finish it (or continue ot) at all.

@maxxxus yop again!

@Jaina23 what about giving Zul'aman a better role in the scourge invasion ? :D

@MogulKahn And sorry if I thease you to much but this is my project and I still want to work on it. I can only say it will be slow :/

Please don't expect its release untill a long time (yes I know... the slug :p but you know me if you followed this thread :) ) , but I can answer any questions about the campaign lore. :3 . And forget about my deppresing posts... let's say that was BAC's fault :D!!!

I will try to post new screenshots of the new chapters and I will release a "DEMO" (which is not really one) featuring th "new" (or at last reworked") firs cinematic. I hope you will like the modifications in the main thread, and see you soon for NEWS!!!

(and can someone explain me those damn AI script which I can't make work even with tutorials and that destroyed my patience while making maps)

Level 18
full

As promised the "new" DEMO is here!
features: the new story and new begining.

Not much, but all for now
I beg loremasters not to kill me!

Tell me if you have any problems with the map...
:3 I hope you will like it even if there is no gameplay at the moment :3

v1.0 - release (important: the file only contains the prologue , THERE'S NO gameplay for now)
v1.1 - changelog: corrected the faults highlighed by Razosh (thanks you :) ).

Attachments

• RotF-DEMO-v1.1.w3n
    19.5 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Level 24
It was pure garbage...

No but really I liked it hough there were a few issues, in the opening screen there are a few grammatical errors, first it's "High King" and not "High Kind" which is the title of Anasterian. Second it's "a series of events" not "a serie", third the word following "events is spelled "re" I assume you mean the word "are". Forth, during her first dialouge, the yellow text refers to Leathaly as Sylvanas.

One more thing I think could be slightly improved during her first scene Vereesa is seen running over a green field and after running all the way she just stops dead in hear tracks before the switch of scenes, this feels a bit strange and I'd reccomend having Vereesa run a bit past the field of view. A second reccomendation I'd have and this is from a lore perspective, that is when writting future story make Vereesa a hot head, here's a few lines which depict Vereesa from Day of the Dragon:

"Most people thought elves had the patience of glaciers, but younger ones such as herself, just a year out of her appreanticeship in the rangers, were very much like humans in that one regard."

"The ranger had not expected her first major assignement to be playing nursemaid to some doddering and clearly forgetful old mage."

"One of the locals in the inn had made the mistake of admiring the feminine aspects of her appearance while entirely ignoring the military ones. Because he had been drunk and possibly would have held back his rude suggestions otherwise, Vereesa had only left him with a few broken fingers."

This is who Vereesa was at that age, approximatly 10 years prior to WarCraft III, she was short to temper, impatient and violent, also about 1 year after the events you describe Vereesa was found in War of the Ancients to be very late in her pregnancy meaning that if you wanted to, this campaign could end with Vereesa finding out she's pregnant.

Level 10
"One of the locals in the inn had made the mistake of admiring the feminine aspects of her appearance while entirely ignoring the military ones. Because he had been drunk and possibly would have held back his rude suggestions otherwise, Vereesa had only left him with a few broken fingers."

God this reads like fanfiction

Level 24
God this reads like fanfiction

To be fair to Blizzard, this book was published prior to the release of WarCraft III which is noticable, most of the WarCraft II books like Day of the Dragon or The Last Guardian reads a bit in that way. The writting style does not majesticly pick up until War of the Ancients which is the first WarCraft III book. I'm guessing back in thos days they didn't have the most massive of budgets to hire authors on and the authors weren't all that familiar with the world of Azeroth.

Level 18
It was pure garbage...

No but really I liked it hough there were a few issues, in the opening screen there are a few grammatical errors, first it's "High King" and not "High Kind" which is the title of Anasterian. Second it's "a series of events" not "a serie", third the word following "events is spelled "re" I assume you mean the word "are". Forth, during her first dialouge, the yellow text refers to Leathaly as Sylvanas.

One more thing I think could be slightly improved during her first scene Vereesa is seen running over a green field and after running all the way she just stops dead in hear tracks before the switch of scenes, this feels a bit strange and I'd reccomend having Vereesa run a bit past the field of view. A second reccomendation I'd have and this is from a lore perspective, that is when writting future story make Vereesa a hot head, here's a few lines which depict Vereesa from Day of the Dragon:

"Most people thought elves had the patience of glaciers, but younger ones such as herself, just a year out of her appreanticeship in the rangers, were very much like humans in that one regard."

"The ranger had not expected her first major assignement to be playing nursemaid to some doddering and clearly forgetful old mage."

This is who Vereesa was at that age, approximatly 10 years prior to WarCraft III, she was short to temper, impatient and violent, also about 1 year after the events you describe Vereesa was found in War of the Ancients to be very late in her pregnancy meaning that if you wanted to, this campaign could end with Vereesa finding out she's pregnant.

Thanks you very much :) I uptaded it! (and please forgive me if I forgot anything)

Level 18
@DarkRangerAlice, I'm going to hate myself for saying that, but No... I don't have time like before to work on it and honestly, I lost the hope of finishing this one day :(

I don't know, maybe I will look at it again in the future and make some uptades, but that will be all...

It's my baby campaign, and I don't want to totally stop raising it ^^, but real life takes all my time, I don't even have vacations now sometimes, and I put my studies before anything else.

Sorry to disapoint you all...

Windrunner29

Every WarCraft player knows that High Elves and Forest Trolls are sworn enemies, but Tul'rogg's backstory is quite interesting. It shows that affiliates of one group must abide to the latter's extremes, or else.
EDIT: Anyway, Tauer recently posted some new sweet models, including Alleria. He and The_Warchief also made two new Alleria-esque skins for Sylvanas and Vereesa, if you are interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.