1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of Heroes II v2.5

Submitted by -Kobas-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]
[tr][tdalt]

[​IMG]

Hello great spirits and welcome to our base called Jewel of the Moon!
This is place where all started and place where will all end!
Forces of Darkness come again to destory our holy home!
Pick your hero and Fight agains the Darkness, fight like never before, this night it time when all World hold a breath, this base is place where will Light or Darkness fall, RISE HEROES to fame and glory we all depends on you!

Author: -Kobas-
Game type: Defense
Players: 5 users + 1 computer vs 1 computer
Size: 96x96 (Playable 92x92)
Map size: 1.77 MB (1,863,680 bytes)
Map Version: 2.5
Current Progress: Update number 15

MAP ISN'T PROTECTED

Click to go to right forum
[​IMG]
Let me show you basic map setup and some in game commands!
You can see in my map:

1. Different Game Modes
  2. Ability Show System
  3. Damage Show System
  4. Custom Item Level Up System
  5. Custom ability system
  6. Custom Camera System
  7. Good Terrain
  8. Nice team play, each hero has differnet skills for different enemies

[​IMG]
Rocky (Mountain Giant)
Leyla (Lightning Archer)
Omaga (Nature Druid)
Un'shalah (Shadow Assassin)
Kael the Wrathbringer (Warrior Druid)
Shalis Darkhunter (Warden)
Skar (Silencer)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aYaC9-hiU&feature=related
Want to see more videos - Click here!

[​IMG]

"XIII update"(Map Version 2.4) Date: 01.10.2010.

-Updated Loading Screen
-Fixed Ability: Roar, Slam, Starfall
-Fixed wave counter system
-Aded Random Events
-Added New Shop
-Reduced Armor Reduction
-Reduced mana regeneration
-6 new items
-3 recipes
-Increased monster base damage by 10
-Fixed few bugs

[​IMG]

If you want to help me to improve this map, post your comment here as well!
Rise of Heroes II - Idea Factory

or check Official map site
I post there everything what I need!
Thanks

[​IMG]
Special Thanks to:

# Skar
# ApherazLucent

Resources:
- Icons:
# GooS
# D3ath

- Skins:
# D3ath
- Models:
# WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- Systems/Abilities:
# Caedrus
# Klingo
# The_Flood!

Else:
# The_Mirai
# Vengeancekael

[/tdalt][/tr]

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Hero, Heroes, Defense, Survival, Night Elf, Night, Darkness, Monsters, War, Battle, Ancient, Ancients, -Kobas-
Contents

Rise of Heroes II v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
19:34, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: re-moderating with rating and review [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:39:16 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any...
  1. 19:34, 3rd Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

Update: re-moderating with rating and review
    [​IMG] Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:39:16
    Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
    Rating: 4/5 Recommended
    Rep Received: 0
    Reasons:
    Other:
    If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
    If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact

Comment: Terrain :

There isn't much to say about the terrain, since it looks magnificent.

Gameplay :

The terrain is magnificent, however the map lacks a lot of things, first off, not a lot of custom spells at all, for example the silencer doesn't have any custom spells. Another thing is that there aren't a lot of events.

Items :

Because of the new system, you have removed all the items and implemented just 2 for testing. They're ok, but the item descriptions are a disaster, it's just so long and believe me, no one will read it, it's just unreadable.

Other :

First of all, there's too much text in the screen and the color selection is bad, I mean like 3 sentences with 3 different colors? Also, don't use the red color.
    Another thing, heroes gain exp too slowly, making it a bit boring.
    Bosses come too soon, the heroes are not ready yet, thus they can't kill it so fast.
    The help quests are also not readable, use custom colors and shorten the sentences if possible.
    Also, when some players are missing, the leaderboard is just empty, just decrease its rows.
    Also, the silencer is not a good hero at all, his spells are not custom and he's more of a dota hero and herovshero map.

Bugs :

Sometimes the bosses get paused permanently.

Hiveworkshop :

You have written an acceptable description for the map and you are not breaking any rules.

Overall :

I guess this is a neat map, yet there are a lot of things lacking and originality-wise, not so good.

2. qurion2

qurion2

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice screenshot, nice pick, so i will donwload it

even if i know this will bhe boring

BTW im going to host this map now on the internet(xD)

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can be boring only if you don't like survival/defense maps -.^
    You can create mode that you like at start (red player)
    In incoming versions difficulty levels will bring points that will be able to save and load, so you can play with better units etc etc!

Also I created custom camera so you can turn it on or off! ([rainbow]Each player has his own[/rainbow])
    It allows player to:
    Rotate
    Zoom
    Change Angle of Attack
    Lock camera to unit facing point

I attached special effect, floating text and sound effect to each spell, hint etc!
    Well just try you will see all that and many more!

P.S I am waiting for first comment :grin:

4. matej

matej

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    nice description and screen shots. And its fun to play too. Good work. vote for aproval and +rep

5. qurion2

qurion2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played
    first terrain, well how should i descibe it, have a look on mine and youll see im really bad in seeing terrain...
    5/5terrain
    gameplay:well i dont really like this kind of defense, however nice made
    3/5
    difficult:different(newby and expert friendly
    all in one i think 4,9/5(couse i dont like this kind of map i need to make it higher)

i would play it often, if i would like this kind of map
    (morning 11PM-EU)hosting it on the internet take much time until someone came, i think perhaps later in the evening more would join

nice font, but it hurt in my eyes on 1600x1240Desktop(could you write me a PN with the information how you canged it pls.?)
    sry my grammy is bad at the moment, couse i need to concentrade on something else

6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for support guys :thumbs_up:

@qurion2:
    Well font can't be changed, because it is Game Interface!
    I used to it, but if more people ask from me to remove it I will upload one map with normal text and standard one :thumbs_up:

7. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    lol it's ap0calypse

8. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Damn :bored: You are right, I fixed that :hohum:

9. Freeze87

Freeze87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Kobas, one sugestion..,add some teleport item to heroes on the start (infinite charges,small casting time,and cd) becouse ally units somethimes block you (surround you) so you cant move and escape from enemies. Also you can add hero description in that item (story about hero and other details).

Vote for: Approval + rep

10. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks buddy I was thinking about that and reject idea, but I can add description about heroes and stuff like item, sure!

11. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive got to admit that this hero def is quite well done. i really like the use of custom skills !
    i only got some points that bother me:

-there are just veeeeeery few items =/ also the potions are way to expensive imho. paying 200 gold for a single potion that heals you 100? wtf
    - the only thing that really ruins this map: your invisible barrier on the botton of the map. if you have a mode with "wait" and a boss or a stronger monster runs back to the bottom you can wait like forever before it dies!!!
    either reduce that barrier completely or make that damaging stuff(ye ive seen it =3) on the bottom deal a percentage of the max hp of the creeps (like 2-3% per second)
    otherwise its just unplayable with a "wait" mode

EDIT: oh and yeah i also think removing that font would be better so you dont have to restart wc3 to get it back to normal...

EDIT2:i mentioned that in the later gameplay you ALWAYS get blocked by your friendly units. no matter what. there must be a way to avoid this =/

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  12. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    pfft i don't know why more people post in your map's thread than mine, probably because of the name.. <.<
    Well, reserved for the Review.

13. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1st - Well because there is no trigger that can change game interface (At least I don't know) I will keep font a few updates more, just like I said if many users vote for font remove I will do that!

2nd - Well you are right about that! I will reduce units collision and add some other stuff!

Btw Next update will be soon because I noticed now that map preview image is old one -.-

14. Freeze87

Freeze87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is reason whay i sugest that you add teleport item, but that is just example how you can avoid to be blocked. You think solution for this problem :wink: but this must be fixed :gg: i will do tests soon...

15. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok I decided to remove font and reduce collision (looks good)
    Map will be soon uploaded you will see it :D

P.S. I am testing map right now :p

Edit:

1.1 Map is uploaded!

Known bug: Units will stuck on middle part of map (ancients), I need to recreate trigger that order them to do so!
    I am sorry for that (Need time to edit it, because it control 57 units)

1.2 Map is uploaded!

Main Bug above is fixed, all else you can find in change log [Bugs/Glitches]

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  16. ArnaudB

ArnaudB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A review to this map (solo) :

First I tried the five heroes, well...

+Rocky (Mountain Giant)
    The most powerful so far with spells, summon, aoe damage, his spell that throw rock in chain is excellent. His aoe however often lack of precision and don't do enough damage for an ultimate in my opinion.

Leyla (Lightning Archer)
    -A pretty good hero, the lightning phoenix fire is wrongly done through.
    -It can only affect a same unit every long seconds yet the passive can sometime fire up to FOUR time on a unit before the first lightning ball hit the unit. I think it'd be better to lower the duration of the passive and better increase by two or three time the speed of the lightning ball.
    -The attack speed increase is utterly useless, between image and casting time there isn't much point to it, add mana cost and it's a spell that shouldn't even appear as a hero spell. Maybe a multi-lightning chain or a multi forked would look better.
    -Ultimate is nice combined with lightning phoenix fire and the schockwave passive.

Omaga (Nature Druid)
    Healer...healer... healer...

-Way too much heals in a map where heroes generally lack of AOE. Need some changements in the spells. Aside the summon spells of treant shouldn't use tree in a defense map, this is very troublesome in most case. Specially if the tree don't regen.
    -I recommend to make spell perhaps with two effect, both damaging and healing at same time. Also root mass root for 2 second yet if it doesn't damage it's mostly useless. We need AOE !

Un'shalah (Shadow Assassin)/Kael the Wrathbringer (Warrior Druid)
    -I passed through their spells quickly, their are too passive. No player can really do something because they just need to spawm spells without targeting or anything and sit while their hero attack (and die because of the overwhelming number in most case).
    -Assassin shouldn't have as much range as the archer, that's pointless. I propose to increase Archer range to 700 while assassin decrease to 400. It would be better balanced that way.

---

For heroes spells that's all. In general there is a need for changing spells so players can really do things smartly, you can't really have a game-style at the moment. Make heroes really interesting to play, make most spells with a target. For assassin in instance, moving from target to target would be a way, for summon there could be way to give them bonus like depending of the number of allies when the hero summon.

Spells are nicely done, but ideas are mostly bad. (the best is for me the throwing rock waves of Rocky, loved it)

Perhaps replace additional stats with a 5th spells might be better, for the two passive that lvl up perhaps use a spell-book.

+Items :

Let's face it, there is a LACK of item there. Even potion that are now cheaper need to be at least with 3/5 or even 10 charges when you buy them, one charge potion is a slot wasted. (still good mark with stacking system).

On equipment items, there are way too few items, too conventional and some ridiculous. talisman of evasion 8% evasion for over 3k gold ? That's overkill...
    Items with aura and all would be better, definitively.

I can't say much about items as we lack too much of items at all to speak about it. Sadly as items are really the only way for the player to evolve, the evolution of heroes are extremely limited.

+Misc possibilities :

We have armies and towers to help and such yet we can't upgrade/buy to increase the army, that make it more annoying than useful. A shared team bounty for when the army kill would also be useful.
    As gold can only go on item at the moment, being able to increase the army potential is almost a must. (being able to repar building would help too)

+Others :

-A bug that happens when you make the numbers of monster higher the the default difficulty, mobs move barely and then are struck, making the game utterly impossible to finish. I saw you move the unit one by one, perhaps to fix that, move the units with the "group unit" action and move 10 or 12 (max) units at the same time. It MIGHT fix the problem (or not). Otherwise the mode is unfortunately useless.

-A repick mode would probably be appreciated here.

-Don't make escape shortkey and camera work together, use command. It's very annoying to have camera affected when you just want to get out of the choosing skill pannel (or spellbook but this map doesn't use those)

-Finally, heroes should really have more life or have mean to improve their armor, adding items might fix the problem. Otherwise Rocky which is normally a tanker can't even tank properly (see turtle siege mini-boss)

---

Overall this map have potential, yet it lack depth in about everything excluding monsters abilities and terrain. For now I would say 3/5, perhaps 2,5/5 as the map truly lack of possibilities for the player. Adding things however can make easily this map raise to 4/5 or even to 5/5.

And finally if you need some help in making thing, I am a knowledgeable mapmaker and I can spare some of my time if you need some help or idea into the making of this map. (and yes, I love defense maps).

Good luck !

17. Hawk

Hawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should add more items and other staffs :) Overall nice map and terrain. +rep

18. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well in 1.3 version item cost is reduced greatly (Because I didn't have time for adding more items I made them 2 expensive)

Also Rocky can't tank nice because I made map with total balance (without items)!

New version will have first recipe items (level 1 and maybe 2)!

Also I Mountain Gian and Lightning Archer was my first and I spend more time on them (other heroes was quickly finished only to make map playable, their spells will be upgraded for sure)

Well about that bug that happens when you make the numbers of monster higher the the default difficulty! Well if you choose wait timer that ill wait to kill all other monsters will be ok, you can pick timer with 30 seconds and all else to easy, after 25 level when number of monsters on map will be over 300 there will be lag ofc!

Well camera system is 2 complicated I spend 1 day to modify triggers so they affect only special player! And just like ArnaudB said I don't use spellbooks so it isn't some problem!

I will soon upload new version with fixed hero abilities and new items (recipes)

Thanks for comments :thumbs_up:

19. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Review in bound
    Review

Map Name: Rise of Heroes II 1.3

Creator: -Kobas-

Information: Defend the Tree of Eternity against incoming waves of enemies.

-------------------
    Gameplay:

The Game is fun to play, the heroes are "cool", they do have custom abilities (not a lot of custom abilities though), but the negative point about it is that the spells cost too much mana points. My Shadow assassin was lvl 4 i think and she had 300 mana points MAX, and her poison ability costed 300mp. Maybe reduce it a little. Also the Waves are too strong even on Very Easy and there are just so many units in the map at the same time.

Imports:

Sadly, i couldn't see any custom hero models or custom icons, except some special effects which would actually make the game look better.

General:

There's just too much text in the screen in the beginning of the game. Shorten it and colorize it perhaps.

Environment:

The Terrain was very well done, but of course you are a terrainer so yeah... No negative points here.

Loading Screen/Preview Image:

There is a custom loading screen and a preview image but they're both the same.

Items:

There are custom icons and i believe you are going to add recipes with the next version.

Description in Hive:

The description does contain the needed info, but the teal color is just .... ugly. Change it to royal blue or something better.

Overall:

It's a nice defense map, but there are some bad points which just ruin the fun. Fix those and it will become a lot better. ( I didn't go too much into details). 3/5, if you improve some of the things i've mentioned, then it will be 4/5 (maybe).