• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Heroes II v2.5

185870-albums2859-picture34446.png
[tr][TD]

185870-albums2859-picture34441.png

Hello great spirits and welcome to our base called Jewel of the Moon!
This is place where all started and place where will all end!
Forces of Darkness come again to destory our holy home!
Pick your hero and Fight agains the Darkness, fight like never before, this night it time when all World hold a breath, this base is place where will Light or Darkness fall, RISE HEROES to fame and glory we all depends on you!

Author: -Kobas-
Game type: Defense
Players: 5 users + 1 computer vs 1 computer
Size: 96x96 (Playable 92x92)
Map size: 1.77 MB (1,863,680 bytes)
Map Version: 2.5
Current Progress: Update number 15

MAP ISN'T PROTECTED

Click to go to right forum
185870-albums2859-picture34435.png

Let me show you basic map setup and some in game commands!
You can see in my map:

1. Different Game Modes
  2. Ability Show System
  3. Damage Show System
  4. Custom Item Level Up System
  5. Custom ability system
  6. Custom Camera System
  7. Good Terrain
  8. Nice team play, each hero has differnet skills for different enemies

185870-albums2859-picture34438.png

Rocky (Mountain Giant)
Leyla (Lightning Archer)
Omaga (Nature Druid)
Un'shalah (Shadow Assassin)
Kael the Wrathbringer (Warrior Druid)
Shalis Darkhunter (Warden)
Skar (Silencer)

185870-albums2859-picture34439.png

185870-albums2859-picture34433.png

"XIII update"(Map Version 2.4) Date: 01.10.2010.

-Updated Loading Screen
-Fixed Ability: Roar, Slam, Starfall
-Fixed wave counter system
-Aded Random Events
-Added New Shop
-Reduced Armor Reduction
-Reduced mana regeneration
-6 new items
-3 recipes
-Increased monster base damage by 10
-Fixed few bugs

185870-albums2859-picture34444.png

If you want to help me to improve this map, post your comment here as well!
Rise of Heroes II - Idea Factory

or check Official map site
I post there everything what I need!
Thanks

185870-albums2859-picture34434.png

Special Thanks to:

# Skar
# ApherazLucent

Resources:
- Icons:
# GooS
# D3ath

- Skins:
# D3ath
- Models:
# WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- Systems/Abilities:
# Caedrus
# Klingo
# The_Flood!

Else:
# The_Mirai
# Vengeancekael

[/TD][/tr]

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Hero, Heroes, Defense, Survival, Night Elf, Night, Darkness, Monsters, War, Battle, Ancient, Ancients, -Kobas-
Contents

Rise of Heroes II v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
19:34, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: re-moderating with rating and review Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:39:16 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints...
Dude, if I reviewed this I would seriously put description score at a 15.(max is 11)
That thing needs it own hidden tag, it's so epic.

Thanks buddy!
I will upload pictures to my map description tutorial (well some :D) so anybody can use them! I already created THW like :D

Btw you can give review if you want, I can't wait to see what people think about gameplay now!

Also I created only 2 items (that means 12 but who cares) for new Item Level Up System, created by me :D (I will maybe upload tutorial), so I need people opinions fast!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Amazing... everything.

Can't wait to try it out. Must be great

+rep and vote for approval

Level 15
Rise of Heroes is a hero defense game, each player controls a hero to defend the base, when the main structure is destroy, everyone loses a game. It is a team hero defense game with multi-player as focus. It has good terrain, nice heroes, difficulty settings.

I had played as shadow assasin and realized that it was really powerful at later part of the game. Although I enjoyed killing those units, the in-game text alone had irritated me pretty much, I was constantly looking for any main event that was going to occur from the game text to find out they were just there to 'talk' to me.. I would rate more if there are more types of items. If this was really the second of the rise of hero, I like the items in Rise of Hero (first) and the customizing of hero feature. The game was pretty okay for a normal mode. There are few things that turn me off from the game, when you are only fighting with AIs as a team, it gets boring when the challenge is no longer there.

I think you might want to try and reduce the lag that is caused, most probably it is the units or special effects, I am not sure which. There need to be a way to turn off the fog/weather effects! It makes the scene harder to play, bad for the eyes.. although it is cool and nice. Last but not least, the items need to be at least a 40 or more please..

3.5(4)

Feel free for a second review from me :D cao

Review - Rise of Heroes II v2.0

A map by -Kobas-

Terrain :

There isn't much to say about the terrain, since it looks magnificent.

Gameplay :

The terrain is magnificent, however the map lacks a lot of things, first off, not a lot of custom spells at all, for example the silencer doesn't have any custom spells. Another thing is that there aren't a lot of events.

Items :

Because of the new system, you have removed all the items and implemented just 2 for testing. They're ok, but the item descriptions are a disaster, it's just so long and believe me, no one will read it, it's just unreadable.

Other :

First of all, there's too much text in the screen and the color selection is bad, I mean like 3 sentences with 3 different colors? Also, don't use the red color.
Another thing, heroes gain exp too slowly, making it a bit boring.
Bosses come too soon, the heroes are not ready yet, thus they can't kill it so fast.
The help quests are also not readable, use custom colors and shorten the sentences if possible.
Also, when some players are missing, the leaderboard is just empty, just decrease its rows.
Also, the silencer is not a good hero at all, his spells are not custom and he's more of a dota hero and herovshero map.

Bugs :

Sometimes the bosses get paused permanently.

Hiveworkshop :

You have written an acceptable description for the map and you are not breaking any rules.

Overall :

I guess this is a neat map, yet there are a lot of things lacking.

Final Rating : 2.5/5 -> 3/5

Level 1
Thanks buddy, I am working on errors and stuff about gameplay!

...How you made the Description take such epic proportions and yet still manage to make it "eye-candy" on its own , is beyond me.
About the map : the terrain, triggers, custom abilities, etc. ... how did this fit into under 2 MB ? This really puzzles me.

- Rating : 4/5

- Voting for : Approval!

*Gives Rep*

Level 6
-Kobas-
Ap0 will say this to you if he hasn't already, but you really need to do something about those triggers.

You could cut the # of them in half!
At least!

CameraSystem = cut into a fifth(almost)
Rewards = Put into one!
etc..

They're all leakless, just not very effective.

Level 5
5 days later...

So, you finally release a new version of RoH2. Cool. Also I'm glad you liked the ideas. ^^

I tested it, alone and I have some things to say, but since I never did a review before, let's see what I can do. =P

Starting with the bad things (I like to start with the bad things, I don't know why '-'):

• First of all, there are too much information on the screen almost all the time. Players are bombarded with informations at the game start and during all the match. You must reduce it a lot, put all in the Quest and add a turn on/off command for them. To begining players, they may be usefull, but imagine someone that already knows the game having all that colorful messages popping on the screen.
  • The item system is nice, but I want to say a thing for you. It's totally possible to do exactly what you did using only 1 item and 1 ability per item. I don't know if you are aware of that, but if you wanna I can explain how. It's pretty simples, actually. Unfortunately there is only 2 items and... you need more, at least 10 items. Why don't you bring back the old items while you finish working in the new ones? One more thing, you must explain how to level-up them, at least I didn't find where is it said.
  • The new hero, Skar (I don't know why but I reeeeeeeeally like his name :xxd:), he is too simple. His spells are standard from warcraft 3 and Purge is almost useless. I think you are still working on him, so, ok. =P
  • About the triggers, yes, you can, and you must, reduce their amount. There are a lot of them that you can merge into only one: Rewards, Countdown Timer, Ancient > Stop and Camera System.
  • Why the towers are uprooted and have melee attack only? Why don't you root them and make ranged towers?
  • You need more custom spells.

Now, things I liked:

• The terrain is really good, beautyfull and objective.
  • No bugs or leaks found.
  • Simple, but fun gameplay.
  • I still like to play it. =P
  • Ok I'm not good with compliments. XD

I'm not gonna rating the map now, because this version is still under development.

I think that's all for now, so keep the good job. :thumbs_up:

• First of all, there are too much information on the screen almost all the time. Players are bombarded with informations at the game start and during all the match. You must reduce it a lot, put all in the Quest and add a turn on/off command for them. To begining players, they may be usefull, but imagine someone that already knows the game having all that colorful messages popping on the screen.
Fixed in coming version :D
  • The item system is nice, but I want to say a thing for you. It's totally possible to do exactly what you did using only 1 item and 1 ability per item. I don't know if you are aware of that, but if you wanna I can explain how. It's pretty simples, actually. Unfortunately there is only 2 items and... you need more, at least 10 items. Why don't you bring back the old items while you finish working in the new ones? One more thing, you must explain how to level-up them, at least I didn't find where is it said.
Well if you know how to do it show me :D

• The new hero, Skar (I don't know why but I reeeeeeeeally like his name
    dragoonzombiexani.gif
    ), he is too simple. His spells are standard from warcraft 3 and Purge is almost useless. I think you are still working on him, so, ok. =P
Well Purge is needed to slow down and maybe remove few buffs from enemy hero :D

• About the triggers, yes, you can, and you must, reduce their amount. There are a lot of them that you can merge into only one: Rewards, Countdown Timer, Ancient > Stop and Camera System.
Also fixed with new version!

• Why the towers are uprooted and have melee attack only? Why don't you root them and make ranged towers?
Well I wanted to make that that way :D
I will keep that that way but I can increase attack range a little :D

• You need more custom spells.
I know I will edit heroes in incoming versions because there will be no new heroes anymore :D

• The terrain is really good, beautyfull and objective.
  • No bugs or leaks found.
  • Simple, but fun gameplay.
  • I still like to play it. =P
  • Ok I'm not good with compliments. XD
Thanks dude :thumbs_up

Level 5
A map showing how to upgrade items using only 1 item and 1 ability: link

Another thing I noticed in your map, is that the Elune Bow's instant kill ability and Strike of Wizdom can be easily abused spaming "stop". You should change "A unit is attacked" to "A unit takes damage" or create some kind of cooldown.

A map showing how to upgrade items using only 1 item and 1 ability: link

Another thing I noticed in your map, is that the Elune Bow's instant kill ability and Strike of Wizdom can be easily abused spaming "stop". You should change "A unit is attacked" to "A unit takes damage" or create some kind of cooldown.

Ahahaha so simple :D
But I have potions and I use same triggers (well more or less :D) to increase it number! I don't want to bother people with numbers on weapons etc etc!

I will check that few more times and decide what to use :D

About that "A unit takes damage" nice notice dude! I will fix that for sure!

Level 5
Ahahaha so simple :D
But I have potions and I use same triggers (well more or less :D) to increase it number! I don't want to bother people with numbers on weapons etc etc!

I will check that few more times and decide what to use :D

About that "A unit takes damage" nice notice dude! I will fix that for sure!
I've just have an idea. Maybe you could adapt the system to instead of using charges use the custom value of the items. They will work at the same way, but will avoid the numbers on weapons. :grin:

Level 22
As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Lol I already did that yesterday.

Level 7
hmmm strange that i gone round about your map so long time, but well I think
this map is now relative finished ?!:wink:

I test your map
and I think it´ll be a scream on the next lan:mwahaha: :D
I can see that you give your whole by making a map:thumbs_up:
so much ideas /you try to make the best/you´re a mapmaker I like :)

and in my opinon is this one of the best maps on Hive!

maby you can improve this map withmore Heros,items and so on..
but It´s already near on perf.
-rate 5/5
+rep

Nah it isn't best :D
But Thanks!

BTW, PROGRESS:

1. Hero max level from 25 to 100!
  2. Hero base passive abilities are replaced with critical and evasion for each hero (10% for 2 times damage, and 10% to evade attack)
  3. Hero 4 level abilities are replaced with level 15 abilities
  4. Hero 3 level abilities are replaced with level 5 abilities
  5. Credits and quest log recreated!
  6. New colors for descriptions instead of pink: Lime and teal
  7. New Items with 5 level upgrades

--- Maybe ---
  8. Working on new terrain:
    I want to add small arena like terrain where you can fight against horrible strong enemy heroes!
    Also I want to create small corridors that will look at something like AOS map ;D
    You goal will be do defend ancient shrine, more will be explained latter

(Will be done if I find some more time, if not the in some other map version)
So guys what you think?
I want to add questions, secret items, neutral enemy units, large number of items, new heroes etc etc...

*Finished

EDIT:

I reduced number of used doodads!
I removed all animated shrubs from map (a little over 2000)!
This way I reduced lag but also terrain quality as well!

Last edited:
Level 5
Nah it isn't best :D
But Thanks!

BTW, PROGRESS:

2. Hero base passive abilities are replaced with critical and evasion for each hero (10% for 2 times damage, and 10% to evade attack)
  7. New Items with 5 level upgrades

--- Maybe ---
  8. Working on new terrain:
    I want to add small arena like terrain where you can fight against horrible strong enemy heroes!
    Also I want to create small corridors that will look at something like AOS map ;D
    You goal will be do defend ancient shrine, more will be explained latter

(Will be done if I find some more time, if not the in some other map version)
So guys what you think?
I want to add questions, secret items, neutral enemy units, large number of items, new heroes etc etc...

*Finished

EDIT:

I reduced number of used doodads!
I removed all animated shrubs from map (a little over 2000)!
This way I reduced lag but also terrain quality as well!

The new features sound really nice, but I want to say a few things.

Why evasion and critical to all heroes? I mean, for casters they are not that usefull. Some kind of spell critical would be a lot more helpfull or a skill that increases the damage/duration/effect of all the spells.

About the neutral creeps and extra bosses. Before making them, you should think if it will be possible to go for them, because in the actual version, you can't leave the base for too long.

The animated grass is beatifull, but it lags a lot if you use lots of them. =/

Why evasion and critical to all heroes? I mean, for casters they are not that usefull. Some kind of spell critical would be a lot more helpfull or a skill that increases the damage/duration/effect of all the spells.
Ok I will find another way or improve this somehow :thumbs_up:

About the neutral creeps and extra bosses. Before making them, you should think if it will be possible to go for them, because in the actual version, you can't leave the base for too long.
I will remove that spawning time pick at start, I have some ideas, will see what to do!

The animated grass is beatifull, but it lags a lot if you use lots of them. =/
Well it look cool even this way :thumbs_up:

EDIT:

FINISHED SO FAR FOR 2.1 version:

2. Hero base passive abilities are replaced with new ones
  7. New loading screen
WORKING ON FOR 2.1 version:
  1. New Items with 5 level upgrades
  2. New abilities
  3. Quests
  4. New Terrain
  5. New events

Last edited:
Sry dude
but I see in your description one screenshot 2 times: the second and third picture by "In Game" are the same
please delte one of this ;)
Nah All pictures will be replaced with new ones, so I don't want to bother with that :D
Hey Kobas, need ideas for items, quests or abilities?
Maybe for items :D

too easy with lightning arcehr and there are only 2 items and can't have
if you need i can make triggered spells for you
Well it won't be now :D

Enemy units are more powerful, bosses are stronger, new effect new commands!

Thanks to all for help, but I will work alone until I ask for help in my Idea Factory thread :D, you can post your comments and stuff there for sure, I will rep and give credits as always if I use your idea, spell or anything else :thumbs_up:

I want to show you something that is already created:
Commands
-dson = turn Damage Show System on (work for each player)
-dsoff = turn Damage Show System off (work for each player)
-ason = turn Ability Show System on (work for each player)
-er = Show Hero Experience Rate (work for each player) <- Can be increased with power ups or items (some hero abilities in another versions)
etc etc
Funny stuff

Well try to attack time guardian few times :p
Now who the fu is he, grrrrr just wait :D
Terrain
I resized map (Terrain is increased for 50%)
Added 6000 new doodads (I didn't use large number of animated ones to reduce lag :D)

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You must wait for new version first :p

Items
Divine Rapier - Add 200 damage
Sange and Yasha -

lol just joking

Honestly I need some time to finish items and quest all else is done already!

the number of creeps should depends on the number of players
Wrong, large number of creeps can create lag!
With more players creeps will have more hit points and better spells!

Even this way if you pick very fast spawn and ultra strong monsters, game will start to lag after few min because there will be 2 many units on the map!

But thanks for suggestion, this will be added to FAQ in 2.1 map description!

Level 5
Tested the new version, nice improvements. Here is a list of what I found:

• There is an empty multiboard in game;
  • Items are very expensive, I will try giving you some ideas; =)
  • The height of the projectile launch of Skar is a little high. His attacks come out from his head; oO
  • The "E" hotkey for learn Dispel Magic doesn't work;
  • I still feel Skar needs one more offensive spell.

Other than that, awesome terrain, with a lot less lag now, the waves are really cool and the power-ups were a nice adition. Keep it up dude. =D

There is an empty multiboard in game;
I will create AI in new version so there will always be 5 players!
If player don't play, computer BOT will replace same!
-New commands will be added to control AI
Items are very expensive, I will try giving you some ideas; =)
I will add armors in new version, and maybe few more weapons!
The height of the projectile launch of Skar is a little high. His attacks come out from his head; oO
Well he summon that projectile and send it at target unit :D
Nut can be fixed for sure!
The "E" hotkey for learn Dispel Magic doesn't work;
Thanks
Fixed
I still feel Skar needs one more offensive spell.
I will remove purge and create another spell, ultimate will be edited also!
Other than that, awesome terrain, with a lot less lag now, the waves are really cool and the power-ups were a nice adition. Keep it up dude. =D
Thanks!

Hey, you should try to attack Time Keeper :p

Level 5
I will create AI in new version so there will always be 5 players!
If player don't play, computer BOT will replace same!
-New commands will be added to control AI

Hey, you should try to attack Time Keeper :p

Looool, it took a while to find him. Nice joke... and effect. oO

Check your thread in the Idea Factory, I left something for you there. =P

Level 16
nice...
vaery naice...
Guardian of Time?:D
above level 4 the mountain giant's hurl boulder just send one wave
a few advice
recpes? with this you can add more balance
you should change the acid bomb
-0.10 effect time and if damage is 150/sec change it to 15 this looks better ^^
God of Death? it kills anything with a single touch... it's too strong:D

otherwise these changes are very good ^^

nice...
vaery naice...
Guardian of Time?:D
above level 4 the mountain giant's hurl boulder just send one wave
a few advice
recpes? with this you can add more balance
you should change the acid bomb
-0.10 effect time and if damage is 150/sec change it to 15 this looks better ^^
God of Death? it kills anything with a single touch... it's too strong:D

otherwise these changes are very good ^^
Thanks dude, will fix that...

Level 7
Hmm... I tried your new hero and Nature Druid this time and I found out something...
- You have way too few custom spells...
- if you planned to create an empty multi. board, remove it instead please...
- the Thorns (entangling roots) spell does deal damage and you do not mention it
- The summoned units from Force of Nature should be stronger by level.
- Skar is way too weak! (100 based attack comparing to 250 of Druid; skills are not useful most of the time, ect...)
- Improve the Druid's ulti please... create some side effects like summoning a beast when an allied unit is killed in AoE, or w/e
- I accidentally found out that Treants for level 5/15 for of nature has damage 15-17 :eek:
- -Kobas- has -1 armor >.<
- Ect... I will complain later more

Level 1
found 2 bugs in the current version:

fountain of healing actually heals the enemies TOO (it sucks extremely if a boss runs there for whatever reasons)

if the mountain giant gets stunned while using his boulder skill, the boulder waves are PERMANENTLY reduced to 1 rendering that skill completely useless....

Thanks guys, will work on it!

EDIT:

I would like to present these 2 users to you!
Skar and Apheraz Lucent

They agreed to help me working on RiO II map!
Skar will be working on map development!
Lucent will be working on descriptions and grammar checking!

If you have any suggestions how to improve map, or report bugs, be free to also inform these 2!

-Kobas-

Last edited:
Level 2
this map has so much potential... too bad it's full of bad things
What you need to fix:
-skills: Omega - the druid has underpowered skills... the treants get WEAKER when you level them (seriously!) and the entangling roots should deal dmg (the stun is good, but maybe you can raise from +0.25 sec/vl to +0.5 sec/lvl and add i don't know maybe 100 dmg per level? either that or give him a dmg spell instead of the aura) also ulti is weak... +25 hp/sec/lvl is very weak by the time you actually get the ulti (lvl 25). How about making it +50/lvl or something?
Rocky - mountain giant -> from lvl 5 onwards, his 2nd skill (the rock-throw spell) throws only one rock to all in range instead of the usual 10-15 rocks i don't know). Also, you should try making his rock golem stronger each level, not add +1 summon each level, because the golems die very VERY easily (late game they are 1hit KO) and i dunno ulti haven't checked it
Warrior Druid -> also has underpowered skills... he can't kill anything. Give him some dmg spell in AoE or multi-target dmg spell or something.

-balancing issues: Warden and Lightning Archer are waaay too powerful... you should think about buffing up the heroes the other heroes (especially druid and warrior druid) OR nerfing them a bit. Also, you should totally replace Silencer with something else... NONE of his spells are useful as the enemy units don't cast spells or place buffs/debuffs (they only have those passives), maybe only his ulti is good but i don't know the dmg.

-other: Give some range to Ancient Protectors, Ancients and Tree of eternity... the "towers" are useless if melee range, srsly. Also be careful, the units protecting tree of eternity don't upgrade themselves over time like the others => they are completely useless when units get to tree. Also the archers in the small forest to the right of the right-path are blind :p they don't attack the units because they are too far

Hope you will fix this map, as it has huuuge potential

Level 5
Thaaat's right, Psycho14, Rise of Heroes 2 has a lot of potential and I am here to help Kobas to develop this potential and try to make something better.

I agreed to help Kobas with RoH2 and he agreed to help me with Scars of War, so, now we are a team. :infl_thumbs_up: