1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Two Towers v2.5

Submitted by Lord_Sauron
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This map depicts the events described in "The Lord of the Rings" beginning near the conclusion of "The Fellowship of the Ring". Control either the Fellowship of the Ring, Rohan, Gondor, Isengard or Mordor and battle for control of southern Middle Earth. Armies are generated through base-spawn systems and special one time events.

Map made by Lord_Sauron@Azeroth. Custom icons and models by armel, Aquis, Zin-Creator, ThatGuy43, olofmoleman, Dan van Ohllus, JetFangInferno, kaycei, Tranquil, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, perfjert, Max666, General Frank, Pike, HappyTauren, Mechanical Man, anti-hero, wingednosering and Horn. Special thanks to DeathbyNinjas, HyperionTitan, Jon_Lenin, Ragnarok10, tidest, Dhullan, Farkheld and Dagaroth10 for testing and suggestions. Comments? Email me at sauron_of_mordor1@hotmail.com.

Keywords:
Lord of the Rings
Contents

Rise of the Two Towers v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 8:49, 16th June 2009 by bounty hunter2: Needs optimizing, reduction of lag and loading time, aswell as terrain improvements and tooltip editing. Use our Map Development Forum for feedback. Rejected.
  1. ap0: Rejected

8:49, 16th June 2009 by bounty hunter2:
    Needs optimizing, reduction of lag and loading time, aswell as terrain improvements and tooltip editing. Use our Map Development Forum for feedback. Rejected.

2. Child_0f_Bodom

Child_0f_Bodom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried your map (in single player, though) and here is some feedback:
    1. Loading time is very long. Try using Optimizer and Widgetizer to reduce both loading time and map size. Both can be downloaded from tools section.
    2. When the map started I almost instantly felt lags. They are certainly caused by memory leaks. To find out more about memory leaks check here.
    3. I started playing it a bit and I must say that I really liked your choice of icons
    4. Next thing I noticed is mounting system which is quite unique
    5. The terrain is pretty plain. You should visit our terrain board for ideas and help.

I usually don't review maps, but when I tested it I thought that this is your first map so you will need some help.

If you need any help regarding world editor post it here.
    For trigger related questions turn to our T&S forum.

Good luck in your future mapping!

3. 99.Blink.Zon

99.Blink.Zon

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is the most greatest LOTR map i ever playyy.. but.. the loading time is very long.. anyway good map! 4.5/5

4. murazar

murazar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played with you online with this, :D its a good map although it should be faster for new players to find the spawn points and for the fellowship to find pelagir.

5. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've added pings for when bases spawn, hopefully that helps new players find them.

6. Anti_Bodies

Anti_Bodies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    a better way of finding spawns would be to you can add Classification Peasant to them so that they will have a little icon in the bottom left. and then you can just cycle through them.

oh and you should add links to your map in your sig ^^

7. Rispetto

Rispetto

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Re:

Well, I gave it a test, and I must say, it wasn't all that bad.
    You could have used some customs for frodo, etc, and you definately need to implement a camera distance setting, including a command for such.

All in all, it was ok. A little big and a lot of useless space, though.

3/5

8. Anti_Bodies

Anti_Bodies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its kind of funny that Lord_Sauron is so talented at mapping, but yet somehow he gets such reviews as... well the ones above.

Sauron i have faith buddy :)

9. Overflow

Overflow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map

10. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm i am working on a new lotr map and i have to say that yóu missed some points.

worst thing is that i cant open it and thats always a negativ point!

11. Anti_Bodies

Anti_Bodies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this review is extremely unhelpful and not even worth giving you +1 to your post count.

12. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    may be.
    I dont mind if i dont get +1 to my post count.
    i have a reallife oO

13. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could you be a bit more specific? And if you mean you can't open it in the editor that's because I protected it.

Haha thanks Anti!

14. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    its not that i think your map is shit, i really like it, but i dont like it if someone protects his maps :p

15. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Considering that by default this file is 4.8MB, the only way to make it playable online is to remove a lot of editor files from it. Plus I've had my maps ripped off before so I feel no remorse about protecting my work.

16. lulol

lulol

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map : 5/5 Your events are very well made =D same for the map and the Eye of Sauron system .Barad dur is nice =D

Some suggestions / bugs /balance point :
    -nazgul are annoying when they fly :/ their attack seem to don't work vs units and their passive skills make them very hard to kill :/

-Ping the ithilien cache, it's hard to find it if you don't have already play this map .

-nazgul skill are boring :/, it's a bit better for which king but his ulti is useless and his warcry may be too powerfull.

-it's easy to trap fs with a small number of orc just waiting near cirith ungol...

-Plz add a "lembas bread" item for hobbit !

-gothmog ultimate skill is useless !

-gondor need siege units, Narchost and Carahost are really hard to destroy.

-plz use a different model for rohan mounted archer, like bandit lord or mounted wizard.

-the legolas passive attack speed bonus is weak, a critical strike might be better.
    (and sorry for my bad english =( )

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  17. enorniel

enorniel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eh, why have you stopped the Lord of the rings map ? It was great. But I didn't understand why, you removed a lot of things between the 7.2 and the 8.2.

18. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I plan on making a new version of it in the coming months. I've got a lot going on right now, but I still hold out hope to fix that one up to the satisfaction I have with this... and better in some ways.

19. HorniePanda

HorniePanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    how the shit I am i supposed to view the map if i cant even open it?