• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource Spotlight - July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
JulyRS.png

FirelordBanner-AnimatedNew.gif

This summer we're raising the temperature with some of the Hive's hottest assets
SubheadingModels.png

PreviewRag.gif

Ragnaros by @Murlocologist
PreviewHoundsSmall.gif

Core Hound by @Explobomb
SubheadingEffects.png

PreviewEffectsNew.gif

Pillar of Flame, Conflagrate, and Flamestrike by @Mythic
SubheadingSkins.png

PreviewSkinsSmall.gif

Molten Giant and Druid of the Flame by @chr2
SubheadingIcons.png

Icon1.png
Icon2.pngIcon4.pngIcon7.png
Icon3.pngIcon6.pngIcon5.png

Level 27
Honored to be mentioned and highlighted like this! Great work on all the other assets, shows true love and passion for the game.

Edit: This inspired me to work on something new. Realized there is one species in the Warcraft lore that lacks a Warcraft 3 model.
Gonna set up a base model for it, next up after finishing the current stuff people are asking for :grin:

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Honored to be mentioned and highlighted like this! Great work on all the other assets, shows true love and passion for the game.

Edit: This inspired me to work on something new. Realized there is one species in the Warcraft lore that lacks a Warcraft 3 model.
Gonna set up a base model for it, next up after finishing the current stuff people are asking for :grin:
WIND/EARTH ELEMENTALS RIGHT?? :eek:

The models put the skins to shame, unfortunately.
But that says more about how sick the models are than how "bland" the skins are.
These are blatant lies and modeller propaganda! :p

Jokes aside, I honestly think the skins look amazing. I prefer the skins to the models actually so I guess it just comes down to preference as the quality in all of them is undeniable like you said :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Premier products as far as I can tell. Soapbox: I'm still baffled that 'hobbyists' products rival or maybe even surpass those created by a publicly traded company.
To be fair, hobbyists are rarely working under the kind of restrictions/deadlines/management that the actual game companies are. They're also (generally) purely pursuing their own ends, rather than trying/having to work together with a group to come up with cohesive assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.