1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Requiem

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kithraya, Mar 25, 2011.

1. xgeneralthorx

xgeneralthorx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had an orgasm with that models. Impressive project! Waiting *-*!

2. Elemental91

Elemental91

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks amazing, looking forward to it !

3. Volid

Volid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Silent Hill in WarCraft 3. Creepy and that is how this sh*t should look like. Project on the highest level.

4. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    When will you finish this map? Or can you show me the progress now?
    I've showed it to my friends and they said it is not a Warcraft map, but if it is, it is Warcraft IV = =" So I'm going toprove it is Warcraft and also enjoy this map^^

5. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blah... I Specially recorded the loading screen in first gameplay video to prove that this is Wc3 and show how quickly the map is loading. :p

Well... Warcraft 4 definitely won't be a black-and-white horror RPG game in third person. Rather RTS in Azeroth, with Arthas, Plauge, Orcs, Elves and other shit, don't you think? ;)

There is not a release date yet. Also consider that, I am working on it totally alone.
    So you have choice. Wait or offer help. ;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  6. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have any abilities to help you= =
    I just giving suggest after playing the maps (maybe you can say I'm a bug repoter, which also adding my own suggestions.)

So you see is "improve" instead of "make" (I change it now...)

If you want me to help, what can I do? (No abilities, no money to buy mdx. (T_T) But I konw some of GUI, which wil not help you- -")

Oh about the loading screen, it don't have the progress bar so they don't belive= =

Almost forget (in fact forgotten XD)... Congratulations for being a 1st runner up^^

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was speaking about help generally. Not that I want specially you or something. :D

That one interested me. No one buy models. xC

:*

8. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, 3DX Max instead of mdx = ="...
    Btw, how to give people credit...?
    ...............................(^^^^I thought credit card when I saw it) You know why I use bad english in my "signature", but it don't mean all people in Hong Kong has bad English =P

Your project started at 2011?! So that you are doing this for 2 years already?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  9. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:

Blah, I have my private life too. I don't sit on PC and make Requiem all the time. :p

10. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Goris/Kithraya, you still didn't answer about the identity of your new-found artist - I guess it's not you, I doubt you have time for this, or am I wrong? (also, I'm wondering what to call you now... Should I just stick with "that" or "you"? ;D)

11. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a guy form my old school. I told him about story and concept, inspired him, and he is drawing for me in free time. :p

Lolz, what a problem. Just use my nickname? o.0

12. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay I hope I can see your work done soon~^^
    (I +REP for you for your awesome work. XD)

13. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    You think how many years (XD) left to complete this work? (Lossing of patient =3=)

14. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Patience is a virtue ;)

15. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    How the hell you gonna do this?

16. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    With a lot of time and effort... And more time.. And even more time... And - guess what - even more time. Though I don't think she works a lot on it lately (and lately is relative), plus she is remaking tons of stuff always...

Btw Kit (I like it like this :3), a tip I got from some professional game devs that applies to your map too - don't remake anything until you are done with everything else, and after that, only after you released it. Unless it's not game breaking, of course. Because after years of work, looking back you will always find something you don't like. Saying it because of the fact that you remade a lot of things, like the inventory. Finish, release then remake the systems you don't like and release the changed map after each replaced system.

17. tony1509

tony1509

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it is right, so why don't you let us help you? =] XD

18. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    You really think you know exactly what I'm doing, what I remake, how many times and when? I do not think so. The inventory system was redesigned 2 times. The abilities system about 3, due an fact that I'm looking for best concept.
    Now best part: Each remake takes me about several hours and then i back to creating new stuff. Well, now let's count. It seems, that remaking "tons of stuff" took me about 2-3 days.

So you want to tell me, that I wasted weeks, months or "and more time.. and even more time...", right?
    And this system remaking makes that huge delays? Not lack of resources and above all, active hands to work?

Who?

19. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmm you quite took it like I was attacking you - if it sounded like that, I apologize (and reading back, it actually did sound like that >_<). I did not mean by any way that I exactly know what you are doing there, although I think most of the time you share it with us :p. And you actually posted about the remake of the inventory and the ability system as well. You also mentioned yourself a few times that you don't have much time to work on this project.

Aaand of course I'm aware of the fact that you have little to or no help at all-I'm a programmer, and given that you can more than solve triggering by yourself, I doubt you would need my help.

So, no offence, just trying to forward the insight coming from above me.

The "more time and even more time" thing was the answer for this quote bellow, as I guess you actually spent a lot of time with the entire project:

20. UchihaEchinox

UchihaEchinox

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOW just WOW