• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Registration] Flames of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS ROLEPLAY HAS BEEN ABANDONED!
GO TO ROLEPLAYING FORUM AND SEARCH FOR "ROLEPLAY : REDEMPTION" INSTEAD FOR THE NEW PLAY!

RP : Flames of War

"A relive attempt of the old Roleplay #1, with all the crazy stuffs that we all miss"

This roleplay has these settings :
  • No Specific Theme.
  • Only Roleplay with those who are registered, any IC posts made by unregistered members are not counted and will be deleted.
  • Each Player may only have 1 Faction, You may not add ANY additional faction, and MUST stick to the one registered here. Any new factions will be abolished. If your faction IS TOTALLY DESTROYED, you may consider registering a COMPLETELY NEW faction.
  • You may not make connection the story of this RP with another RP, this means that what happened in this RP will not affect another RP. you may however, talks about past that has relation with another RP.
    Example :
    Flames of War :
    1. A enters Jupiter
    2. A is slashed on his chest, and he falls.

Another RP :
    1. A leaves the planet, to a place named Jupiter
    2. B, who's still at RP World can sense that A at Jupiter dies to C's blade.

Another RP :
    Insert Past Warfare Here

Flames of War :
    "Honestly, it reminds me of the past. Insert Past Warfare Here."

In short, there's present connection between this RP and another RPs.
  • You don't have to make an entry about the faction, but by doing so help other players with an oversight of your faction.
  • No Time and Universe Travels, stick ONLY to the RP World, Timeline and Universe.
  • Time Magics are allowed, as long as it ONLY affects PRESENT state (for examples ; revert self in sense of time to heal, accelerate wound by hastening time sense for a specific enemy etc)
  • No matter how much damage you done to an opponent, you can't kill your opponent unless permitted by the owner of that character (opponent). This a general rule, though I should put it anyway.
  • No Specific Rules in Roleplaying aside ones specified above (I know, it's crazy, but try to keep it reasonable like RP #1 did, Common Sense applied however).
  • We use another world, which has similarities to Vestroya, named Jupiter (native name). Your faction may name it with another names.
  • Story starts where all factions enter the new world, for their own goals.
  • Prior to Official Start of the RP, any suggestions will be considered and these settings are NOT final until then. Please discuss here if there are any rules need to considerate.

Registration Data
[table]Player Name :
Faction Name :
Player Color :
[/TABLE]

Player Data
Check the Roleplay Thread, post #1

Last edited:
No Specific Rules in Roleplaying aside ones specified above
You just made being insanely OP legal. Thank you :-/

If you can't beat them, join them. That's my plan now.
Honestly, I have been considerating that a lot.
The issue comes with the logic that one race =! Other race.
You can't say a human has to be balanced with a demon, that's just not practical. That's why, Common Sense applies. If we put a "balance" restriction, then certain race will not look as natural as it should.
Unless of course, there's a good solution to that. I'm all ears.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
That's a very fair point.

You're, however assuming that everyone even takes race into consideration. I don't think most do, really. Since this is not Warcraft lore they can just skip a race being stronger than another one usually.
Dragons are pretty strong in Warcraft, but they aren't necessarily strong in RACC. Or even worse, make up a custom race that looks human but is something else.
I hope you get my point.

There is only one solution to this, and not a single one will agree with me. Trust me. Here goes:
Make an report thread, where people can quote a user and say "OP." the DM (or someone in charge anyway) plays god and warns the user if he/she agrees (I am not sexist!). Upon 3 warnings permanent removal from RACC RP.
This is harsh as fuck but the fear effect will likely make people think twice before making 100 clones. *glare*

Level 21
I do not feel that's necessary since this isn't one of the official RPs.It's just a optionaln fun one.Also,so far I haven't seen a OP faction or race

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
As predicted so far!

My suggestion stands for the main RP as well. Though it wont happen, I know that. The majority have to agree and since the majority will be negatively affected (from their PoV) they wont vote for it.

If you don't think there are races that reign supreme you do not know Warcraft lore well :p
Orcs, Humans, Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves etc are simply weak. RACC just ignores that fact.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
In wc3 the blade master can create 3 copies, and they deal 0 damage. And they only lasts for a while, they are not permanent.

In WoW the hero the defeats the Lich King, Deathwing, Illidan etc etc also only summon 3 copies (if you play a mage that is) and they deal.. close to no damage. If your fireball hits for 10k your clone's spell hit for like 200. And once again they only last for half a minute if not less.
Which means you are basically Sargeras x10.

Level 9
And.. if you modify the values in ob data the images can deal damage.. but thats not same as clonning...besides Rp2 is abt to be over, Flames of War will only have 4 clones(but will be retarted)

The main issues are several character will bullshit abilities. Take Zark for example, if it weren't for the RP #2 restriction, anyone knows what kind of technique he can use?
Some goes for some characters that has helluva of destructive spells.

I see that as the main major issue. But what issue seems to bother you the most actually?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Personally being OP is the worst one by far, I even prefer timetraveling if I had to choose, I.. can't really pinpoint a single sub-reason that cause OPness though. There is just a lack of logic that leads to so many errors. (In my very personal opinion that no one agrees with anyway, and I am not whining, I describe myself as the one with the odd opinion.)

Now that I think about it though.. I think I know what annoys me the most now.

If you are a Warlock (this is not personal, Leo, they just happen to be a good example) there is no way he can use shield abilities, Warlocks are literary only damage dealers. They can heal themselves fairly well, but they can't absorb spells.
They can only teleport short distances and not across the freaking world.

Basically just because you use magic, you do not master all kinds of magic, you wont be able to cast mega shields, super destructive spells of doom, being able to heal and lastly summoning X.
This is why Lerania had to use a scroll in order to teleport since she's a druid and can't teleport otherwise (before she became a demon hunter that is), mr.WF can confirm this as he interrupted my character like 2-3 times.

As usual I am basing my opinion on Warcraft lore.

Level 21
It was never based on Warcraft at all.Warcraft stuff were brought in later for fun

Why do you want to change now?If we change to much balance related stuff it will miss it's goal of being like RP #1 and end up being like RP #2

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It was never based on Warcraft at all.Warcraft stuff were brought in later for fun

Why do you want to change now?If we change to much balance related stuff it will miss it's goal of being like RP #1 and end up being like RP #2

Have fun dealing with all the OP shit going on then.
If you enjoy that, that's great. I just know that I wont.

Apparently, it was stable in early partake without those rules of balance, no problems. And all changes when...

Nevermind the nostalgic stuff, in RP #1, everyone relies on their sense of direction and always prepare a trick in their hand, regardless of the situation. So everyone always have to prepare for worst case scenario. All characters are made with preparation and risk in mind, what would occur and what might come to pass.

As a matter of fact, those rules of balance comes when RP #1 comes to it's closing phase. Back then *cough* some chaos occured that forced those rules in place. If it weren't for those mess, things would be much easier.

The ones I consider extremely dangerous, since the late of RP #1 is the fact that there are too much factions, why cause players to drown into confusion due to the excessive colors used by the very same players, so I insert the limitation rule.

As a matter of fact, if you want to call something OP, there's nothing could be say as truly OP, since possibility is virtually limitless, it's just that how you want to play in the flow, being deceptive and extremely tricky in putting your schemes to let your opponent shocked when it come to pass, while preparing to counter their tricky surprises as well in mind. That's how it works before those rules officially set in.

I'm fine with RP #2 balances and such, but since I strive to recreate what RP #1 have and what makes it so amazing rather than RP #2, I have to stick to the aim not let it miss.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If a road sign tells you that you can only drive 90 km/h and everyone drives at 110 km/h, removing the sign completely is not going to help.
Without 'punishment' there is no reason to obey the law. Freedom invites chaos, it simply doesn't work. (Ironic, considering my own name)

I want to RP as an old god with the power to control time and space while being empowered directly by the Twisting Nether allowing me to be reborn even after being killed (like that'd happen).
The old god in question would control his own creations (faceless ones) + corrupting all titanic watchers to serve him + races mentioned later. Then he assisted his buddy old god in Northrend allowing Yogg-Saron to break free from his prison in Ulduar. They take over Northrend together and get the Lich King (Arthas) as their field commander.
They defeat Tirion Fordring in the assault of Icecrown Citadel and let the Lich King Dual Wield Frostmourne and the Ashbringer.
They also rebuild Vordrassil in Grizzly Hills (a World Tree) which allows them to enter the Emerald dream and corrupt it into the Emerald Nightmare which makes them ally with Murazond (corrupted Nozdurmo, yes that's official lore, look it up). This also removes the remaining power of the Green Dragonflight which includes Ysera. The world tree also allows the creation of a new Well of Eternity.
Afterwards they head to Zul'Drak and defeat the trolls into submission so the old god got the aid of the Loa as well.
Lastly Kel'Thuzad finish his work in Naxxramas and spread the plague across the whole world.

I want this approved so I can start to RP.
I have not even killed a god yet, I will add that part later.
I am considering to make that less Warcraft based and use custom stuff instead just to prove a point of how stupid it is to not have limits.

Level 21
You are forgetting the reasonable part again.Since you don't seem to know it's meaning

having sound judgement; fair and sensible.
That means you are free to create a powerful character or faction,as long as it isn't too powerful

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@WF
I don't even..

That rule is 100% subjective. Thus it's literary pointless.

Let's say there's a law/rule that says "Don't be evil/bad."
And then there are people like ISIS etc, do you think they consider themselves evil? nope. They are heroes that do god's bidding or something along those lines according to themselves.

The same applies here, I am pretty sure most people (including me) think their characters are not OP at all, this is how it's supposed to be. But another person might think entirely different.

Perspective and subjective views is that cause this whole issue because there is no OP-o-meter program that we can use to judge 100% accurately with.
Wherever you look
All you see is evil
However, in my book
No one sees the devil
That is perspective.

Alright then. Though we can still discuss stuffs, I won't change mind regarding the adaption about balance, so no further discussion about that. Take that to RP #3, but not here, since this one aimed for RP #1, which is a past product that has high value to test it's reproduction.
CASE CLOSED

Back to registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.