• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged is not a tragedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
... It's a comedy:
Arthas reacts to his being Reforged : WC3
Reforged summary - image - WC3 - Reddit
What are you doing my son?! -... succeeding you, father. : warcraft3

z7sefm5js4e41.png

pszmwgexwnd41.png

Last edited:
Level 7
"Glad you could remake it" is solid, the rest of them are lame garden variety meme gen content.

SORRY, ANGRY MOB.

Level 12

I have been playing both Warcraft 3 and AoE2 for 10+ years and I have both W3 Reforged(sadly preordered) and AoE2 DE(bought after release) and this single picture has so much facts in it (I think W3 is a much better game than AoE2 but here I am just comparing remake versions of the games). Especially the part "Overwrites old version, forcing you to play the shitty new version" vs "Older versions untouched, it knows the new product is vastly superior so people will buy it anyway". In 2000s if someone would tell me Microsoft will make a better new game than Blizzard I wouldn't believe at all, what a sad day. One of the few problems with AoE2 DE is it broke some community made tools, but they are even working on official replacements for those.

Level 5
Didnt blizzard lose tons of money because of this? I mean no one is happy about reforged, and people will simply play the vanilla wc3 if they play at all

Level 11
Didnt blizzard lose tons of money because of this? I mean no one is happy about reforged, and people will simply play the vanilla wc3 if they play at all
They probably did lose some. After all, they were forced to at least pay some attention to it. At the same time, Reforged was done as cheap as possible. They did very little marketing for it (compared to other projects), they didn't change that much, and changes were cheap (e.g. main menu being a browser app). Even the models were not made by them - they had some asian company do it for (probably) a low price.

Simply said, they did not invest that much into this game. Their primary cash-cows now are WoW and Overwatch. Of course, this destroys their reputation, but at the same time, look at delusional fans - they'll still buy everything Blizzard throws at them. They even defend Blizzard, fervently, on official forums. As long as there are people like that, sadly, nothing will probably change.

Level 11
Ah the Farce Continues:
After promising to patch aggressively, Acti-Blizz releases one measly little patch a month.
Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes - PTR Version 1.32.7

Previously it was "refining" the footsteps, now it is accurate display of elapsed time... While the game still has terrible performance, bugs, desyncs (one of which they supposedly "fixed"), and missing features that original had. The comments are again hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.