• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Reducing healing received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A'ight, i'm tryin' to complete a hero fo' my map, and there is just one last ability to be added.
Let's say it's gotta be like Mortal Strike, from WoW - hits the enemy target with a debuff, healing debuff. The target hit, will receive half the healing from friendly healing spells (and maybe runes too, still thinking about this one).
Any ideas how? How to make such a thing? I tried searching a bit such example/spell, but couldn't find any.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ofc. it will be triggering. The question is how :D Going to bed, imma check myself better tomorrow, till then, if anyone have any ideas, please :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Basically every heal ability must be triggered. Create a standard function that does healing. That function checks for healing bonus/reduction and applies it to adjust the heal amount before healing the unit (setting unit health).

One could map heal bonus/reduction to units using hashtable. Just remember to delete the entries when the unit gets removed to prevent leaks.

Level 13
I've got a much simpler method: Banish.

Go into "Gameplay Constants" and make ethereal targets take less healing (by percentage) from spells.
This turns Banish into a healing debuff, although it also disarms the target. Added feature? Maybe.

This healing reduction, however, is completely separate from spell damage to ethereal targets. So, make sure spell damage to ethereal targets is 1.00, where healing is .5 or whatever you need.

Although, this does have a problem of things not being able to attack the target. I wonder if that can be changed...

Level 22
There is a way to achieve this using the Life Change event. It's quite interesting concept to do and it's not been made before as far as I know, perhaps I'll make a resource for it something called HealModify/HealFactor which modifies the amount of heal/regen of a unit by a multiplication factor (e.g. setting it to zero will prevent the unit from increasing it's hp via heal/regen).

Status
Not open for further replies.