• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Reduce Healing recieved + Stacking Debuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello reader :)

I am not the very best with triggers,but i got a little question:

How to make a debuff that reduce recieved healing by X? :)

How can i make a stacking debuff (Lieke reduce armor per stack)?

I am glad if someone could help me with these problems. :D

-LordCitro

It is hard thing what u are asking, both need coding, at least gui, thats one good thing.

1. To reduce healing what unit recive: first ur healing must be done over triggers. For excample u cast spell on unit and then do action set live of that unit to its like + 100 hp. But if for excample u want to unit be able to get lover or higher heal u should go like this. Set life of target unit to life of target unit + 100 x healfactor. Healfactor is custon variable(real) for that unit that will be for excample 0,50 if u want to heal be 50%.

U want to unit get for excample 2 armor descreased with each attack. U should make when unit is attacked to get ability that reduce its armor by 2, and each next attack u should make lvl ob aby +1, each level armor should be reduced by 2 more then in previous lvl. That all, but I am not sure that this is best solution.

2. For stacking debuffs, here is how I would do it.

Let's say I want to make a debuff that does a DoT, stacking up to 5 times. I would make 5 versions of the buff in the object editor, each with altered descriptions. If you want to be creative, make separate icons for each one with the text "1", "2", "3", "4", "5" to show the user how many stacks they have up.

Next, in the trigger that applies the debuff or deals damage, I would check if it has any of those buffs already. You could do this by just checking "Unit has buff" (or whatever the condition is). If it does, then apply the next level of it. If it doesn't, apply only the first level. You can apply the debuffs using a dummy ability and a dummy caster.

Status
Not open for further replies.