• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, can someone kindly help me out with these trigger issues?

1) I want to be able to make a Mortal Strike ability that causes the unit's attack damage (and then an added bonus from more attack power).
In example: 150% of the unit's attack power.

-If someone can help with the ability to put a healing debuff on that, please tell me.

2) Healing spells that recieve bonus healing from one of the unit's stats. (In example- The unit recieves 10% healing bonus damage from Int.)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 16
1.) you could trigger the ms with strength for example, and the healing debuff should be triggered, so all heal spells have to been triggered to check if the healing target has a ms debuff
2.) you could set a var with heal = 1/10*int of hero (var)
and then, set life of target to life of target + heal

this requires basic gui knowledge, so if you don't kow gui look up the toturial section
Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 4
1) explain what kind of ability. (unit target cast, point target cast, AoE target cast...)

2)Unit - make unit deal (-)[amount of damage] to unit

I just want the ability to cause the unit's damage. (In example: if the unit is stacked with attack power items, etc. It will cause that damage- Kind of like an auto attack)
Bonus damage is not such a huge concern, as I can already make it strength bonuses.

1.) you could trigger the ms with strength for example, and the healing debuff should be triggered, so all heal spells have to been triggered to check if the healing target has a ms debuff
2.) you could set a var with heal = 1/10*int of hero (var)
and then, set life of target to life of target + heal

this requires basic gui knowledge, so if you don't kow gui look up the toturial section
Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Currently I'm using the MS ability with strength bonuses, but I want to be able to use it with the unit's damage (And then a bonus). Reason why I want to do this is so the unit can stack attack power items etc and still have the bonus. This makes it more flexible so it's more based off raw damage than just str bonuses.

I was looking at critical strike, it somewhat has what I'm looking for. The 'Damage Multiplier' field.
It would also help if there is a way to make this ability an attack rather than a passive. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.

Thanks again.

Level 16
you could make a formula to get it, the hero has a base damage which depends on str and in the object editor the dices (dunno if i am right, in german its dices^^) so make a var for min damage and max damage then a random number between this both vars and you get you damage, then you could include also attackpower

Level 4
you could make a formula to get it, the hero has a base damage which depends on str and in the object editor the dices (dunno if i am right, in german its dices^^) so make a var for min damage and max damage then a random number between this both vars and you get you damage, then you could include also attackpower

And...how do I do this? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.