• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ability upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a few abilities on my map that I think should just be more unique.:grin:

I'll start with the first-

My warlock class currently has a DoT spell that does a fixed amount of damage, however- I'd like each tick to recieve a bonus amount of damage from a primary stat (Intelligence, Strength, Agility etc).

Healing spells are also just a fixed value in heals- but I'd want it to also recieve a bonus amount of damage from a primary stat (Intelligence, Strength, Agility etc).

Finally, I come to a 'Mortal Strike' ability that has plagued me for a very long time. Currently I'm using the ability as an instant attack + X amount of STR triggered from the unit. There are 2 parts I'd love to change with this ability- Most important- I would really like this ability to be an INSTANT attack that does a % of damage or base damage + XXX- this way the unit who is triggering this spell can be more flexible and not only stack strength, but raw attack power as well. (I've made an attack that does the unit's base damage + XXX amount of bonus damage- but it's not instant, instead it's triggered on the unit's next melee attack)
Second, I would like this ability to halve healing. I'm not sure at all how to get this done.

I think I might be pushing the limits of World Editor or I'm just clueless as to what this program can actually push out.

Any help would be appreciated:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.